Why wouldn't they let Obelix drink the magic potion? He is already strong as fuck...

Why wouldn't they let Obelix drink the magic potion? He is already strong as fuck, just imagine the fucking power he would have if they let him drink the potion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NBw2I3obQTY
youtube.com/watch?v=yOsupbl2yX0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wrong board, but holy shit i totally forgot about this comic

Albert uderzo explained it in one of his shitty late asterix comics. Obelix turned into stone statue when he drank it, or maybe he turned into a kid or something.. The late asterix comics are so shitty its best everyone forgets they exist

wrong board
he does drink the potion in one story and he trasforms in a little kid with no powers

Obelix with more power would probably try to become ruler of the world, Panoramix knew this.

He would turn into stone and later into a kid.

Also why would you want to make a giant retard even stronger?

He drink one drop when they were in Egypt and it had no effect on him. (maybe it wasn't potion)

Those comics arent canon ;_;

the animation movie was good tho

12 Travaux is a kino masterpiece, anything else is a glib facsimile

Realistically, how many years would have the town survived before being taken over by some empire?

Prove me wrong

>probably American
Disdain

Is that the one with the cave segment?
That used to scare the shit out of me.

shit, i need to read Blacksad

>He drink one drop when they were in Egypt and it had no effect on him. (maybe it wasn't potion)

That might have been a placebo that Panoramix/Getafix used so he could punch them out of the Pyramid but I can't remember.

>Gaston Lagaffe
>shit

Pick one.

That was what I was thinking all the time

>roman ghosts scare you as a kid
>bureaucracy form segment scares you as an adult

Fuck that place, fuck that up its stupid ass

I've only ever read the Rome one but it was a good comic tho Tintin was better

Asterix in Britain is pure kino

>t. Spirou barbarian

At least plebs have some sense of civilization

unless the druid dies without passing on the magic potion or obelix chokes on a menhir the romans can't do shit, literally one powered up gaul can break the sound barrier and shatter an entire legion with no problems or even just toss rocks atthem from afar.

Leaving them the fuck alone is the right choice

>download asterix dvd collection on monday
>watch an asterix movie every day
>see this thread on friday

thanks Sup Forums

brittany m8, a french state

This shit was basically Star Wars before Star Wars

>Cat guy is considered top tier

Oh Sup Forums you Anime furfag loving pussies.

>Furry shit

>americlaps don't even know the movies existed because they never got translated

Movie adaptations were pure kino

I remember seeing two in my childhood, one combining Legionnaire + Gladiator, and I think Soothsayer + Big Fight. Soothsayer one had some hilariously strong American accents and I think the voice actress for Smurfette playing the chieftain's wife Impedimenta (though I don't think she was called that, same with Getafix, he was called Vitamix in that movie, weirded me out as a non-burger.)

That bureaucracy task, it's some serious Kafkian stuff.

To this day, Italian bureaucracy it's regarded as a living nightmare.

the music is now playing in your head

It didn't have an effect on him and was rather difficult to make. It just tasted good to him, that's why he wanted it.
IIRC it had very little effect on him, if any, depending on the comic. He might've gotten a bit stronger if he drank some, but not by much.

Those boars always looked so fucking delicious.

this is weirdly accurate except the last stage is Blueberry

Definitely GOAT in my books.

watching the 1991 series once more

extra comfy hergé was a the GOAT of french/belgium comic
indiscutable!

too bad the 1968 only has le Temple du Soleil worth watching
Fuck completely forgot about Blueberry
another gem with 50 albums
absolute delight

Le coup de menhir
>youtube.com/watch?v=NBw2I3obQTY

lost

12 Travaux is definitely GOAT, but Cléopâtre and Chez Les Bretons are definitely kino as well.

can someone give the names? i recognize gaston, spirou, asterix, lucky luke, barbe rouge (not sure about this) and tintin. what's the rest?

Gaston Lagaffe by Franklin
Spirou (by a shit-ton of artist including Franklin)
Asterix et Obélix by Uderzo et Goscinny
Lucky Luke by Morris et Goscinny
Blake et Mortimer by idontrecallthenames
TinTin by Hergé
????
Blueberry by Charlier et Giraud
????

missing some greats like the smurfs, Achille Talon etc...

>Corto Maltese
>Blueberry
>Le reddit cat comic

>Not recognizing Captain Corto Maltese
>Not recognizing John Blacksad

Why is Sup Forums such a cesspool of capeshit garbage?

I know i'm a plebian
I won't forget them next time

Maybe in comic book, in the movie it's totally Great Britain

>mfw my school library had these comics in French as a ploy to get me to learn French while enjoying myself

Why do frenchies always draw the women smoking hot (unless they are old)? It is really distracting.

thanks guys, i'm retarded for not recognized corto maltese, dad loves the stuff.

what, are you gay?

LEARN WITH YOUR BASED DAD!

DON'T COME BACK TO INTERNET UNTIL YOU START WORSHIPING BARON ROMAN NIKOLAI MAXIMILIAN VON UNGERN-STERNBERG

>Siamo Belissimi, Semnoff! Belissimi...

what do you guys think about captain miki, zagor, mister no, martin mystere and the likes?

i've read some corto maltese as a kid, this is true of most of the comics in the thread, it was a momentary surfacing of my dormant retardation.

Reminder that the best Italian Comics (after Corto, of course) are unironically Topolino, Uncle Scrooge and Little Donald

This is so fucked up. Nothing is placed where it shoud be.

I had no idea italian comics (other then the adults ones) existed
i'll have to give it a look

they're mostly very pulp but also very enjoyable. i kinda grew up with them, so not sure how reading them as an adult for the first time would be like.

I don't get the Blacksad hype. The art is top-notch, but every arc is a generic detective story. Hell, last one I read is basically the guy going around aimlessly and ending up at the right place, at the right time by pure luck alone.

is chatting shit, in bith the comic and the film they go to Britain.

That film is pure kino, for sure.

youtube.com/watch?v=yOsupbl2yX0

I was so disappointed when I finally ate real boar

yeah no they're from brittany, then known as armorica, but the story is about them visiting a cousin of asterix's in britain.

>not understaning the celebration of Americana in Blacksad

Pure plebeian!

Wrong. Although Tintin is GOAT

That's a nice chart did you make it yourself?

>t. American centred education

>Greatest artistic achievement in film
>The Tree of Life

keke/10

I want to______ that girl's ass

Holy christ, the literature, film and videogame sections could not be more teenagery

Uh, you do realize the whole thing is bait, right?

Mate the comic literally ends with the British guys learning that their "potion" was just a placebo, deciding they like it anyway, and naming it TEA. What country drinks tea?

>What country drinks tea?

China?

move Corto one up and you've got it right.

>Monica Bellucci as Cleopatra

turkey is the top consumer of tea per capita, followed by ireland.

>Lucas
>Original
Pick only one. But also tell us something we didn't know.

i'll take lucas.
here's something you might not know;
all the pulp italian comics are still very popular in the balkans and the middle east.

These are the opinions of the kind of person who would consider "anime" a valid category

>No Metabarons
>No L'Incal
do you even European Comic?
Also, no Alan Ford and Dylan Dog

>going by statistical data instead of cultural convention

Are you a computer you fucking autist

as someone who owns hardcover Il Gruppo TNT aka Alan Ford #1 I already knew that.
Shame it wasn't translated into English, the humor would go well, especially with today's cynicism and jaded youths.

>posts on Sup Forums
>doesn't expect autists
You only got yourself to blame.

no, i purposefully gave an unexpected yet factually correct answer for the sake of infantile humor.

He turned to stone when he drank it finally you stupid fuck. Then they had to cure him

the jodorowsky comics in the incal universe are so good

like you turn a page and an entirely new fucked up new age concept shows up dressed in gold and four-dimensional rubies

also best waifu

because obelix is a old alcoholic and any drop could make him fall back into his old habit that destroyed his earlier life

>anime less valid than video games
Back to .

I read the Blueberry comics at the same time as asterix and lucky luke.

He fell into the cauldron as a child.

>not seeing the subtext
stay pleb

oh yeah, I got to read that.

even if it introduced poisonous concepts (like feminism), I imagine cultural aids in 70 would almost feel like nothing after the onslaught of full blown aids of recent times

T. Weeb

kinda makes me proud as a belgian that we put out some cool original comics that are recognized

dylan dog is not so good. I mean some stories are great, most of it is trash, or just movie ripoffs

both are shit

too bad everyone thinks they're French

I'm not sure if that pic is bait, but it disgusts me nonetheless.

oy vey