Starting a Uni political science and language course (Yes I know its fucking useless) this september in a well known...

Starting a Uni political science and language course (Yes I know its fucking useless) this september in a well known London University. Just how fucked am I with SJW cancer shit? Will there be safe spaces and trigger warnings at every corner? Will I have to sit through leftist indoctrination every lecture?

I just want to have a normal Uni life desu but I feel if shit is as bad as in US universities I might go insane.

Brtibros pls help.

Which uni?

Queen mary's. Not that well known but not absolute shit tier either.

>Doing an American Government political science course I'm the fall
>In the midst of the election

Plan to wear my MAGA cap a lot tbqh, fuck uni libs

wew lad, I know someone who went there to study international relations, he said it wasn't that bad

i'm going to LSE in september to study political science, we should fug some time user

Protip: The shit you see on the internet isnt representative of real life. I recently transferred and thought the same thing only to realize people were just acting normal

>I'm going to Uni to learn about politics.
You have a wealth of information available at your fingertips, and most of all you can purchase an entire curriculum of this shit for less than what you'll pay for one year.

Are you that desperate for a piece of paper which proves to dumb goyim like you that you know what you're talking about?

So what you're saying OP is that you're a sensitive, fragile person who needs support from Sup Forums in order be able to handle "trigger warnings".

>fucking useless
>doing it anyway

>LSE
Nice. Fucking got predicted a B in economics even though I got an A in AS which got me my LSE application denied.
No I'm interested if I will get socially ostracized in Uni if I dare to hold a different opinion. That wouldn't be a fun 4 years.

You need the piece of paper to prove to employers, not yourself.

In what field?

Shilling for Hillary's campaign?

>poli sci and language

Lol don't you see? You stupid fucking useless waste, you ARE the SJW. You are the liberal cancer you edgy hypocrtical faggot. Sup Forums is not for you, you just want to be differnt you special little abstract snowflake.

In all seriousness though, there is never a better time for suicide than the present. Consider it.

Should I just work at retail all my life then? It's a meme degree yes but I can still get a job where I want to because of connections and all that jazz. I just need a fucking Uni degree and this was what was relevant to my future field of work and interests.

Post more Shia and I might consider considering it.

Why dont you do something useful like medicine, nursing or paramedic science instead.

Heck, why go to uni at all and not go join the police, NHS or find some other interesting job instead?

Dont tell me its not possible, because I did both of those.

Yer fucked m8. Don't even bother, a skillset speaks louder than a degree.

You have elected to enshroud yourself with liberals loonies because of the major you picked. If you had picked a difficult one, you could have avoided it

>yesterday you said tomorrow...

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? JUST

Haha. Im a manager for a clinical team in a central London hospital, and dont have squat for a degree. You have no idea how many people with psychology, fine art, and other assorted BS I manage and direct around while they wipe asses.

Well obviously I'm not going to get handed a high paying position straight away but a comfy place is already waiting for me, I just needed a degree as I said. Also please tell me how someone with any prospects for a career but no degree will compete with the millions of others that have degrees or something similar.

just finishing up my Political Science degree myself.

If your course is anything like mine, expect a very biased curriculum that denigrates Western Civilization and capitalism.

However, you will also learn a lot of very interesting stuff about the history of political thought from the ancients to the modern day, internal mechanisms of democracy, how research is conducted in political science (comparative analysis, polling and surveys mainly), and a lot of political history of your country.

Even though it's been very leftist I don't regret it and I've enjoyed a lot of it. Once I got to the upper years and I had more freedom to write papers about things I actually was interested in I enjoyed it a lot more. Also you have to hide your power level of course, but there are definitely opportunities to covertly say what you actually think. Every economics class I took I would intellectually destroy communism to the horror of my leftie classmates.

good luck lad

>a comfy place is already waiting for me
Is that what they told you?

>I just want to have a normal Uni life desu
>desu
yeah it's definitely the spooky scary sjws you rarely even encounter in real life that will ruin your college experience and not the fact that you're autistic and weird.

Communist Lenin worshipping fedorafags everywhere

No matter what uni you go to, that shit will be there.

Remember user -- now this is some excellent advice -- you are not there to wax lyrical about politics, you are not there to have your personal views vindicated, you are not there to go around campus singing and dancing about whatever leftist talking point is currently doing the rounds, hell my friend, you are not even there to bang chicks and get drunk.

YOU ARE THERE TO FORGE A FUTURE FOR YOURSELF.

That means you will have to buckle down, keep your head low, and get the fuck on with YOUR work. Keep your politics to yourself, if asked, and you absolutely must answer, just say what they want to hear. Do your 3 years and get on with your life. Once you've got that degree under your belt and in a career of your choosing, THEN you can start to be a little more open with your personal views.

Trust me it's good advice.

This is good to read.
Well if I get disowned by family and told to fuck off the I guess it would be a ruse all along. Would make for a good experience though. Either way can't wait.
summer?

Get some work experience in your field of interest. If its healthcare, get some entry level stuff in a hospital. You can quickly move up the ladder after a year of work in any position.

It shouldnt take you more than a couple years to get to band 5.

After you get to band 5, you need to start looking for a degree to advance further. But its better you make that call later than now.

The world is awash with degrees, you arent special or at any notable advantage if you have one for a job which deoesnt outright need it.
You know what the world isnt awash with? Hard workers. People who can communicate, and communicate well. People who are charismatic. People you can count on when the shit hits the fan. You need your CV to communicate that you are one of those people.

Do that, and you'll get to where I am, where at any one point I can quit my job and get an equally good or better role within 4 weeks. Its why I advance every year.

Its a ladder, climb it.

>Trust me it's good advice.
It's self-interest, but this attitude is exactly why they have control of the university.

>summer?
just keep telling yourself that it's their fault you don't enjoy university and not your own kiddo

It depends entirely on the professor.

>Well if I get disowned by family and told to fuck off the I guess it would be a ruse all along.
You need a degree to prove something to your family?

I'll save you a lot of disappointment, son. It's a ruse.

You're retarded if you think you can learn as much from self education as you can from studying full time for three years with the help of professors, lecturers, tutors and fellow students.

You are new, yes?
The abbreviation of "to be honest" is filtered to "desu". Don't ask us why. The old admin and longtime faggot, moot, changed it before he left, and the new Jap admin Hiro hasn't changed it back -- I doubt he even knows how.

I know. It sucks. I hate it. We all hate it.
Universities should be a free and open exchange of ideas, but they're not. Until the atmosphere on uni campuses changes to be healthy again, self-interest for conservative right-leaning individuals is the best option to take.
In my opinion you shouldn't spout political views in uni anyway, you should get on with your education.

baka desu senpai
Well I'm in for the ride already.

you need your $10,000+ piece of paper or you won't get a job

Hm. Sounds good. I'll definitely remember that.

Speak for yourself, McMickey.

Why are you studying political science?

Do not feel pressured into the course because you don't know what else to do. I made that mistake and wish I had never gone to university.

>I have decided what I am going to learn is useless, before I have learned anything
And you wonder why the evil liberals think you people are such a buncha fucking retards.

Some careers need a degree by default to even get your foot in the door.
What looks better on a CV?
>Self studied using books off the internet
Or
>Have a degree in from , here is my final dissertation

Having a degree makes you educated, and therefore more attractive to employers and nations around the world. A degree is as close to a guarantee we have that you know your subject.

Mate you're fucked. I was doing a History+Politics degree at one of well known London Unis a bit over 10 years ago and retarded progressive politics was bad enough then (Muh Irak war! No blood for Oil!!1!) - and this was years before SJWs even came into existence.

On the plus side London is awesome though it'll fucking destroy your bank balance. Seek out the mature students/international grad students - they tend to be a lot more open minded and level headed in their politics.

Which Police force?

I applied to the Met a few months ago and haven't heard anything since. How did you get a job in the NHS?

>language course
which language? can be godtier if there's an application for it, after all it is but a tool unless you plan on becoming a translation monkey (soon to be replaced by Big Data machines) or an accredited interpreter

what are your goals, your plans or are you just studying for the sake of studying?

QM isn't bad at all. Had a few mates there when I was at SOAS. Decent campus - or so it seemed the one time I visited.

You know what looks best?
A degree that is relevant to your field.
You're supposed to go out looking for jobs that weren't relevant to your degree as a plan B.

Met. You want an easy way in, go as a special. Yes not getting paid sucks, but if you can hack it, after a while there are avenues to become a permanent.

I wont tell you how I got in, but ill tell you the easiest way into the NHS is you go on NHS jobs and you search for "assistant". Look for a clinical assistant role in whichever sector you are interested in. Thats your foot in the door, and the requirements are almost always bare bones.

Ah good old LSE. Had many an enjoyable night at their union 'Crush' every Friday. Total fleshmarket. Not as good as it used to since the smoking ban got rid of the dedicated smoke shisha/chillout/whitey out floor.

You'll be fine just as long as you don't eye rape me,

Goes without saying.
I'm going there to study what I want to take on as a career.

>London
>Normal uni life

Enjoy being fucked by ridiculously expensive nights out and spending a normal student's entire annual student loan on a week's rent in a shitty terrace surrounded by migrants and drug dealers.

You're going to have a shit time pal. Drop off and do a STEM in Manchester or Leeds or any northern uni.

Just leave your body.

That's how i put up with people that should have been rightfully strangled while they were still in the crib.

You still haven't said what that is.

If you absolutely must know, it's International Politics and Intelligence at Aberystwyth Univeristy

>You're going to have a shit time pal. Drop off and do a STEM in Manchester or Leeds or any northern uni.

Yah. 10+ years ago you could still justify getting a non STEM degree. But now you'd only be setting yourself up for struggles in the jobmarket. Unless you're doing a humanities/social sciences degree at one of the absolute top tier unis (which in UK would be Oxbridge+LSE, to a lesser extent Edinburgh, St. Andrews, UCL) you'd be better off doing a serious STEM degree at a mid-ranking uni.

Russian. Don't ask why.

If you're already afraid of "SJWs" then I don't know if that's the field for you.

Why don't you shut the fuck up and stop putting fucking words in my mouth, yank?

Check my privilege, redcoat scum.

Fuck off back to infowars or /r/conspiracy

rude

I'll take that as a 'no plan whatsoever, hoping for the best'

you'll only postpone the inevitable failure if you continue along this path; re-think your choice and have a chat with someone who knows what he's doing, preferably in a field you have potential for success (access, timing, demand, specialization etc)

Go back the EU and build the fucking wall behind you.

I've been a political science major for 2 years now and only had one course that was remotely SJW. It wasnt blatantly obvious just some of the things the prof said led me to believe she was an SJW.

same

its gonna be something else

Lost count of the number of times my lecturers tried to shoehorn lefty propaganda into classes - and I was STEM.

We even had one lecture on social media etiquette; where we were advised not to discuss politics (read: air the wrong opinion) on Facebook. Scary shit, lads.

I do Russian as my language, why?

Yeah yeah, whatever you fat sack of shite, go back to your uneducated squalor and piss bottle collection

eto sikret.
If I get booted by my family then yeah
>no plan whatsoever, hoping for the best
pretty much the plan. might go for a MI5 graduate course while slaving away at some convenience store.

Okay well just be prepared for a steep learning curve for the first few months and don't be dissuaded by it, if you do it you will more than likely get the hang of it. Also be prepared for mandatory time in Russian-speaking country

All you had to do was pick a difficult degree and you could have avoided all of this. Unless you are as retarded as they are. But considering your retarded choice, you'd fit in well.

Did a year of political science at a decent uni. Sincerely regret it, I can't see any liberal arts degree being useful beyond maybe law or something vocational at a top 10 uni.

is political science unemployable tier garbage to the max?

still undecided on a major, and while PoliSci is something I would enjoy (in theory), I want something that wont make me kill myself because I cant get a job. Im starting college this fall.

Do economics, work in finance

I can speak it decently enough already. One year in Russia will be interesting. Which country did you go to?

To elaborate on this, choosing Political Science was a result of being directionless and afraid of the future. Don't make the same mistake I did OP

I'm headed to Russia next year

noted, economics is another degree I've been looking at. Military is an option for me both after college or if I drop out.

My brother literally finished college 2 months ago, and got a political science degree, still can't find a ps job. KEK
He's working as a paralegal now, nothing to do with political science, gotta start the cucking somewhere right?

gl op

its too late for me.
Moscow or St.Pete?

Poli-sci can be very interesting but its useless as a degree unless you (1) get a 4.0 and get into a doctorate program for free (if you want to teach) or (2) need kill four years before law school

Peter, Moscow is not my cup of tea

But why are you going to school for this? why waste 4 years of life, why waste the money?

seriously pick up a trade or take a different course, i learned the hard way.

t. 29 year old who quit his office job to work trades and make way more money

>Law +/ Economics
>Everything else which doesn't require a superior IQ

You know what I mean.

Relax bong, go have a cup of tea or something before you blow a blood vessel.

Why don't you back the fuck off, and go stuff your face with corn syrup and GMOs to calm down yourself?
Who the fuck do you think you are? I don't even have beef with you faggot.

I'm already calm, I'm only looking out for your welfare. There's no need to be so hostile, you know? it's not funny, it's not informative, it's mostly just embarrasing for you. Sometimes you need to know when to stop posting.

Are those crumpets halal?

I can't go back now.

How do you fags feel about RhodesMustFall?

Welcome to QM nice to have more Sup Forumsacks here

Is it good?

its pretty good, lot of mudslimes though, so get used to that

what course you doing?

Britbro here

3rd year CompSci here, so far no safe space lib bullshit as far as I can tell. There was a fucking LGBT SWJ throwing a shitfit about someone using the term "faggot" on a large society's social media but that's about it. QM is pretty good in the sense about being tolerant of opposing opinions believe or not as someone coming from the US system.

>Pic somewhat related

MSci Biochem like a good STEM slave

Nice you guys actually planned your futures.

not sure if you're still here, but when heading into college and your degree, did you not have any clear cut plans for what to do afterwards?

asking because I dont want to be like you

>Planned our futures
>Kek

We are the rejects of better unis.

Got any interest in societies you wanna join?
You have three years to regret your degree after all

Interesting you say this about "planning"
I'm going to uni for a language next year when I originally was slaving away to do medicine. Noped out and wouldnt look back honestly. You can have a plan in any field if you're imaginative enough, the whole "MUH STEM" meme thrown about on this site is laughable, science is not the most important thing in the world, I thought a Christian board would get that.

"Planned" is a very strong term here. If you want to go into detail, I am more of a /pol-ak-kraut. Talk about Brexit fucking me over. Also what is true. If not for clearing, I wouldn't be in a UK Uni.