Aliens is a disgrace to Alien

Aliens is a disgrace to Alien
Alien had a great over-encompassing feeling of the unknown, the uncomfortable and a feeling of uneasy and dread throughout the film
Aliens is just a war film in space with lots of guns, explosions and more expensive special effects
It's superficial garbage compared to the psychological play of the original

Mainly agree, although i think aliens wasn't that bad (only watched it once so maybe im wrong).

I was a bit harsh on Aliens, it's not bad it's just that it completely dropped the philosophy of the original. It's a great sci-fi action film but it's not a great sequel in my opinion.

Yes, in comparison to Alien it's definently not as good. Alien was an absolute masterpiece.

The best thing Aliens did was expand the lore.

Let me guess, you probably think Alien3 was some underrated masterpiece because it tried to copy the original Alien

Is that reason enough to make a film, and make it in a different genre from the original?

Haven't watched Alien3 but judging by the review scores I wasn't sure i wanted to, but now that you've suggested this I'm semi-curious

Hell no, Alien 3 is even worse. It's schlock.

it's no masterpiece but it's still better than aliens

Aliens is the perfect sequel to Alien.

It took the concept and gave us a new type of film instead of trying to just rehash the atmosphere of the first film.

It's like Terminator and Terminator 2. They are natural progressions that give us something new instead of just the same film but in a different setting.

The atmosphere WAS the first film, you clod

Exactly. Instead of just doing that again they gave us something different.
First film was psychological horror, second was an action horror.

Aka they ditched what made the original great and just made some commercial overpriced uninteresting generic actionfilm

if you do, watch the alternative cut.

That's the 80s for you

I'm inclined to agree. I have beef with Aliens.

Cameron fucked up so hard he had to make a bigger, badder monster for there to be any threat at all.

this
cameron fucked up
he tried making it bigger, better but forgot the originals' "less is more"

prometheus sucks

that wasn't the discussion but;
why?
no spoilers pls

I think its a very Good movie

I love Aliens, watched it more times than the original

the nature of consumerism