youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=uSP-ewdJYJc
youtube.com/watch?v=Qc-nZbhN_Dw
youtube.com/watch?v=coPgcDqKWfQ
youtu.be/HbrLCZk_c5c
youtu.be/VhaDyikTWVY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

trips lynch will fall into a meat grinder

Probably some form of mental disorder. Makes for good movies though. I think he's better with long form stuff like TV shows though as a lot of his movies have over an hour of deleted scenes while already being close to 3 hours.

I hope the new Twin Peaks season is good. Apparently we'll be able to watch 4 hours of it on the day it premieres, 2 hours on the Showtime channel, and then 2 more hours online streaming.

>was
made-me-check/10

plebs who think Twin Peaks is good

What they don't know is the new season is gonna be full on Inland Empire mode.

>David Lynch will die in your lifetime

how does this fucker manage to still be so good looking having still not quit smoking? Sure, his teeth are a poop shade of brown, but other than that he looks great.

fuck you nigger. twin peaks is comfy

>comfy

spotted the reddit*r desu

not a fan of smartphones
youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

Go watch your shitty capeshit movies

I do hope that it doesn't retread what Twin Peaks originally did. I want crazy bullshit like Inland Empire. Maybe not as abstract and out of order as it was, but something similar. It's been over 20 years and many Lynch movies later. It would be a waste to just stay safe and pander to comfy-fags. I want Lynch to go out with a bang.

not if i kill myself tomorrow

>David Lynch will die in his sleep tonight

>news of Lynch's death will break right after the show finishes airing

>not if we respond to this post

>David Lynch will die
Stupidest horseshit I've heard all day, he'll outlive us all and he fucking knows it.

youtube.com/watch?v=uSP-ewdJYJc

Poor hearing.

>What they don't know is the new season is gonna be full on Inland Empire mode
But that is exactly what I want.

hell be fine

>new season is gonna be full on Inland Empire mode
pretty obvious considering he's using digital cameras

other than being a pretentious piece of shit?

I bet the Phantom and Bob are pals.

David Lynch is an emotional hack. He said himself that Eraserhead doesn't have a point and it's open to interpretation. I really hate that as it diminishes it's artistic merit in my eyes. It's like taking a steamy shit that's visually aesthetic. It may look nice, but it's still a substanceless piece of shit.

I enjoy watching his stuff, don't get me wrong; but he's such a snob.

I doubt it'll go full Inland Empire mode, but I'm pretty certain it'll be closer in tone to Fire Walk With Me than the original series.

Some of his fans are another story, but Lynch himself really isn't pretentious at all.

He doesn't like to say "THIS RIGHT HERE IS THE POINT" because he understands that people enjoy art more when there's room for them to apply their own interpretation.

But Eraserhead is a pretty straightforward movie, I don't understand how you could watch it without getting the fear of fatherhood/marriage stuff. The substance is right there in front of you

too much transcendental meditation

>it doesn't have a direct intentional meaning so it has no substance
Nah dude.

the neoright of the 1980s tried to whitewash america and american small towns especially. david likes sticking his dick in their mashed potatoes.

Not an argument you plebeian basement dweller

Was it kino?
youtube.com/watch?v=Qc-nZbhN_Dw

Was this kino?

youtube.com/watch?v=coPgcDqKWfQ

Pure Kinoa

He's 71 years old now.

In 30 or 20 years from now on, both him and Clint Eastwood will be dead

How the fuck do you cope with that?

he is so comfy

New teasers, boys:

youtu.be/HbrLCZk_c5c
youtu.be/VhaDyikTWVY

New stuff on the second one.

I know there's been a lot of stuff about digital vs film in regards to this new season but I hope he at least shoots in 4k if he's going digital. The camera they were talking about supports it. This is the only image I could find of a camera from the set if anyone knows what it is.

If Lynch beat Showtime for full control I don't know why he wouldn't use film.

Whatever camera he's using it won't be as blurry as Inland Empire thankfully but I still don't want it to be forever stuck at 1080p.

But it actually is good, you probably just have this opinion because of some type of superiority complex (anything popular is not good)

they already teased a shot of Agent Cooper in costume. it just looks like a regular tv quality.

>Diah

The only superiority complex I have is the complexity in which I am superior to you.

Art is good when it requires thought to get to it's intended expression. However if there is no point and it's open ended, them that's just pointless pretentious garbage.

>he actually thinks eraserhead was about the fear of fatherhood
Lynch fans everyone, they're this feeble minded

You're entitled to your opinion bud'

Part of the reason he fell in love with digital is that it gives him greater control.

Well it did when he was using a small handheld camera for Inland Empire. But the thing in that image (probably an Arri Amirra like they said they were using) is pretty much the same thing as any modern film camera I imagine. Unless you mean in editing, which I can imagine is a bit easier with digital.

A piece of art can have elements in it that evoke certain things, certain thoughts and feelings, without having to be direct about it. Eraserhead is an example. With that said, it's very obvious that Eraserhead among other things had to do with the fear of parenthood. I'm not sure how you can say anything different.

It's not even clear what you're trying to say - you think Eraserhead is pointless and meaningless, but it's definitely NOT about fear/anxiety of fatherhood? The whole movie is about the fact that he suddenly has to deal with a baby. There's literally a scene where he's pulling giant sperm cells out of his wife's pussy and throwing them out of the bed. It's pretty fucking hard to miss the point here, even if the director doesn't come out and tell you what to think.

He talked about the ease of both shooting and editing. I sort of wish he was still using the PD150, just to see how people react.

You are a fucking retard, let's leave it at that.

>Lynch brings has 11 year old PD150 to the set and all the actors take turns slapping him until he agrees to use a modern camera

Fire Walk With Me fucking sucks

as a whole it's incredibly messy. but the parts are fantastic.

Fell a victim

>being triggered this hard
>defending pseudo-kino
Lynch fans everyone

>everyone
Stop this autism

It just suffers from not being a TV show
There's too much stuff in Twin Peaks to fit into even a 3.5 hour long movie (with the deleted scenes). This causes the movie to not really flow very well. What's there is good though.

Im in the middle of watching DUNE right now and Im honestly struggling with it. All the voice-over narration of people's inner thoughts is... not a great choice. The movie is saved, if at all, by the source material.

What?

THAS RITE

(You)

transcended too many planes, got stuck on this one

>THE RETURN
Youtube commenters were actually "analyzing" that trailer for symbolism. God I missed this fuckin guy

I wish Lynch still posted short films online.