Why isn't anybody talking about 2016's best picture? Is it because of the no singles policy...

Why isn't anybody talking about 2016's best picture? Is it because of the no singles policy? Do we have to wait a torrent to have discussion here?

not even the best american film, moonlight and manchester by the sea were better

the screener has been out forever, most people outside of hollywood either don't give a shit or actually hate the movie

BR Rip fucking when? I'd even settle for a web dl, fuck the shitty screener rips though

Why does Hollywood love sucking it's own dick so much?

What is there to say? I enjoyed it but it's not exactly deep, what you see is what you get.

Worst fucking movie ever that shows how disgustingly selfish girls are. Saw this with kne and she only said "god for her though" at the end of the movie.
Ryan did everything for that stupid slut and shes just gone

But half asians can't stop spamming threads about it

Movie catered to women, only the girl gets the happy ending cause she was selfish in the end

Manchester by the sea was the same basic family drama with Casey Affleck who literally carries the films only because he's so good at already being a sad boy. moonlight was for sure one of the best films of the year just like la la land. both were innovative in their own way. if you disagree fuck U

I still have to watch moonlight but manchester by the sea isn't really running.
I don't know what you guys mean, it was his choice.

My man gosling looked like he was guna kill himself at the end

>muh misogyny
I know you neanderthals hate women but at least apply some logic here. they were both as bad as each other.

>main white character is a jazz purist
>lone prominent black character is a total sell-out

The Oscars are pure shit, but it'd be nice if the deserving movie won best picture.

You don't actually believe this piece of pleb trash is good do you?

I don't think the film shits on that style of music. the point is it's just not his style.

give ONE (1) reason how it's bad.

He got her, her job. Got a steady income for her, made her gourmet dinner. All to only have her flip her shit when he suggested she practice her shitty money draining play on the road with him

>You don't actually believe this piece of pleb trash is good do you?

Jenkins has some skill in getting performances from his actors, but as a storyteller and cinematic craftsman, on the basis of this movie he's amateurish. This movie, like Boyhood, didn't really have anything to say. The boy is uninteresting and remains so as a teen and young man, and the sensitive mounting of the issue of his sexuality doesn't inherently make the movie more valuable as an artistic endeavor.

The film is just fundamentally a weak story that's being overly commended because of its managing to present characters not frequently portrayed onscreen (a decent man who's a successful drug dealer, a black inner-city youth with homosexual leanings, a bad mother who's not a monster, etc. - all very interesting potentially, but not so much in the service of drama this mundane and superficially developed).

didn't read and don't need to know you are the one with shit taste friendo gl on the job hunt

same reason you touch yourself at night

I haven't seen Moonlight, but I have seen this and Manchester. I thought for sure it would be Manchester for motion picture, but I'm starting to see how La La Land could win. Here's to hoping Moonlight is good.

fuck off back to >implying we can discuss movies, OP

this movie has so many unintentionally snobbish moments it's hilarious, I don't get how something directed by someone so far up his own ass has gotten so many awards. The photography is colorful and it has a lot of tracking shots and long takes so I guess you could like that aspect of the film. The narration in the other hand is a mess those random time jumps were totally unjustified, the first discussion of the characters is so forced I get that they needed a conflict but you could see that argument coming from a mile. Also it's funny how the treat Ryan Gosling's character telling how you should remain true to your dreams and aesthetic sense instead of selling out, yet this movie is so bland and so easy digestable that one could say Chazelle made the same thing he is complaining about in the movie. One good thing I can say about the movie though is that the final minutes are pure cinema magic, sad about the rest of the movie though.

In my opinion Manchester by the sea and Moonlight are far superior works