Is there a more overrated player?

Is there a more overrated player?

zlatan

penaldo is waaaaaaaaaay more overrated

too many to name

yes

any british player

>overrated
Godamn i feel awful with all of you autistic underage faggots running around. He was doing what Messi does in a time without fair play. Red cards today werent even yellow cards back then.
Just shut the fuck up and continue watching anime

Maradona is a Van Persie tier player. Mind-boggling how anyone would even dre to compare him with Messi.

>le this guy I've never seen playing was overrated thread xxDDD

fuck off faggot

Fuck off you casual

Messi

>Kiwifag gets mad abou someone putting a drug addict in his place
Embarrasing tbqh

mmm q olor a pobre tiene ese gallego

>australia flag
>kiwi
At least you're an all around dipshit, not only at recognizing football talent

/thread

Cristiano Ronaldo,Ibramihovic, Cavani

You know, I don't watch divegrass, but it seems that these discussions would be a lot better if people admitted that a player can only be judged in the time they played in, and that old-enough players are always worse because the entire sport's level of play is always improving. So all the "Messi or Maradona" or "LeBron or Jordan" threads should be autobans, then there would be nothing to talk about and then we can delete this stupid board.

reminds me of when i was 12 and a striker
>medieval football
>even once

>Implying you are not both the same
Sad.

>manolo
Sad

>Maradona is a Van Persie tier player

>Spider food
Pathetic

Rppney

>no food
Heartbraking

this

there is one clear man who has bamboozled countless brainlets

plenty

maradona was one of a kind and you're a moron if you think otherwise

>improving

evolving

A player from a long time ago might have perspectives and play habits that the modern player would have difficulty anticipating and reacting to. I'm 100% certain that if Ty Cobb were yanked out of 1910 and placed in 2010, he would be like a supreme Votto because much of his play style was centered around frustrating hitting, drawing walks, and getting on base. That and his ability to adapt to increasingly effective pitching and new defensive techniques. That's why his career batting average is still untouched.

>le doper protected by AFA man
>le meme run against a soft England side man
>le get carried to a final by the defense in 1990 man
>le disappear in copa americas and UEFA club tournaments man

Cristiano and Neymar

If anything, he was a God despite dping drugs. He was so talented that he could get drunk and do blow and still show up and kick ass.
Won a world cup on his OWN. Carried the team to another final while having sprained ankle.
UEFA is a meme, he was playing for a poor southern italian team and literally nobody gives a shit about those cups if you won a WC.
Its unpatriotic to hate Maradona
You should kill you are selve

You two should get a fucking room

Weakest bait ever

But old players didn't have access to modern training, nutrition, and really great PEDs. That's the problem with comparing across eras. How would McGwire have done without roids? What if Ruth had a team of doctors keeping him on a strcit diet and doped up? What if Messi never got that growth hormone treatment and had to play in Maradona's murderball era? Hard to say how they all would have done.

>a poor southern italian team
Napoli broke the world transfer record to sign him.

Nerman, Zlatan, Rolando, any British player, Pelé, Riquelme...

Yes

Aided by a politician to help them get a loan

That's what i'm saying. Comparing them doesn't make sense; don't do it.
Using your analogy, I agree that Ty Cobb would have a great chance to do well in today's game, but against these 95+ pitchers I doubt he would hold the bat with a split grip, his swing would then be completely different, in today's diverse world I doubt he would be racist, in fact to go further - I doubt he would be at all similar to the Ty Cobb we knew, all we know is that 2017 Ty Cobb is just a good baseball player who could play almost any way. I wouldn't be surprised if he hit for power because that's how players hit now. So imo, you really can't say anything about him outside the time period he played in. You definitely can't say that a modern player could ever touch his batting average, I don't think they pitched as well or has as good equipment as we have nowadays. There is definitely a reason that the highest average guys besides Ted Williams were all in the post Civil War days.

POGBA

I don't even care if ur playing but u are stupid af if you seriously think M10 is overrated

>le meme goal man
>le cheat to win man

Fuck you and fuck that coke head that your shitty poor country worships

>meme goal
>meme
Wow, what a huge faggot i found on the internet.

TPBP

stands in the box
taps in
>tsuuuuu
le best player in the world

Conor McGregor

Yes. Every other player that has played the game is overrated compared to Maradona

didn't know maradona moved to australia. but he's probably too coked up and stupid to know english, so this must be some random argenigger cleaning toiletes

>Le pogba overrated meme
Have you left 2016 yet?

Im sorrry, fake czecoslovakia or yugoslavia, that you cant appreciate his talent.

>that ""defence""

Zidane

>Red cards today werent even yellow cards back then

Oh shut the fuck up, stop glorifying the past

There is less parity amongst compitition now than before

Fuck bro I sadly have to agree

We was supposed to be the one

So according to you, ozil is also better than ronaldo..... kys

>This is the first time Zidane has been mentioned in this thread
Has Sup Forums finally fell for the Zidane meme?

>he was playing for a poor southern italian team

Isnt it time for bed you fucking aussie

pele

His titles say otherwise

Zidane is/was a bit over glorified

Have we all forgotten /1998/?

He's from Catalonia

none. His most iconic moment would be a yellow card in the VAR era. And people call Suarez a cheat, jesus. The argentine henry without the goals

kek, that ''''close'''' control

everybody who saw him play said that he was the best ever. I saw him play and it was incredible.
looks like some underage autist on Sup Forums doesn't agree with the world

Yeah, his one Europa League title makes him the GOAT

>everybody who saw him play said that he was the best ever. I saw him play and it was incredible.
>looks like some underage autist on Sup Forums doesn't agree with the world

>El italiANO

>he's 50 year old
>goes on 4 chan
and I'm supposed to trust your judgement, you fatass

>thinking anyone outside england even remembers "the hand of god"

Pic related is the pinnacle of argie football

he literally cheated his way to a title, that's his whole legacy. And coke

A topic where these 2 are mentioned first? I love this board.

>Le exploding knees man

>"""people""" in this thread think their opinions are relevant
>Maradona is overrated

I'm fucking keking at all of you

his mediocre stats and lack of champions league say otherwise nigger

>STAAATS

By any statistic your dick is smaller than the cig I'm smoking right now Ching Gook

no (You) but heres a reply

oh well at least we have working electricity because we dont live in a post communist 3rd world shithole

have fun being raped by gypsy's though :^)

/thread

lets be honest defenders were a joke back then, even fucking you and me could at least play in the same levels than them, nowadays players are untireless robots i played agaisnt some dude who plays in the san lorenzo youth academy the other day and the mother fucker humiliated everybody nobody could even touch him

nobody rates them except the british

Any “Best English Player”

> defenders were a joke
Maradona had to face real cold blooded butchers, in Serie A and in south america as well

you need to be 18 or older to post here.

Anyone here has Boludo I... handsome face pic?

those faggots didn't know what a ball was

modern defenders know exactly all the rivals' plays, dribbles, weaknesses, etc

im old enough to shag youre mum lad

actually i wasnt talking about rudeness and bad intentioned players but technical playstyle, defenders were shit lets end this muh heart and proud past meme currently even the best of the 90ies wouldnt be able to play in a 1st division team

>those faggots didn't know what a ball was

>modern defenders know exactly all the rivals' plays, dribbles, weaknesses, etc

The biggest butcher of them all was that guy from Athletic that broke his leg. Apparently he was a really good defender I've never heard of.

you keep showing you're 12 though

shitty defense, evidently

wrong

>cant reply and counter argument because of being afraid of getting continuously BTFO
>"WAAAAHHHH you-youre 10 yo!! leave th-this thread immediately!!"
lol

what are you talking about?
literally just udneraged mongoloids use the "the players back then were shit" """argument"""

it's not like you have proof or anything, it's just your shitty opinion, that's it, and since you're like 12 nobody cares about it.

Lmao, those fucking part timers

t. old fag nigger cristina voter who thinks he was good at playing footy but he released he actually wasnt at all

lmao grandpa dont reply to me again please, youre embarrasing yourself

underage chicken detected