Matt Reeves Exits Negotiations To Direct ‘The Batman’

So we can all agree this movie is going to be a trainwreck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fIHH5-HVS9o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How long till they ask Sup Forums to direct it?

Believe it or not but i heard Ridley Scott is being lined up for the job. This is coming from a friend that works in London at his production company.

i cant even

Did they drop Affleck because Live By Night did poorly? Because I honestly really wanted to see what he'd do with "Batman"

>directors not wanting to direct FUCKING BATMAN
this isn't funny anymore DC, just sad

Why is DC losing?

>A studio source confirms that negotiations have broken down. The possibility, however, exists that talks could resume when heads cool. The studio is intent on making the movie no matter what as the Batman franchise has proven to bigger than one person.

i didn't want this loser anyway

get the wachowskis

The DCEU is so kino that it scares directors away knowing they can't compare to Snyder

>So we can all agree this movie is going to be a trainwreck
None of the DCCU films have been trainwrecks yet. Why should this one be any different?

Ridley hates capeshit so he could probably make capekino

Just make Blade Runner but with Batman

Hahahahahah *inhales* hahahahahahahahahahaa

HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA!!!

>suicide squad
>not a trainwreck

sure user sure

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The current DC movies are poison for the careers of everybody involved.

This.

The only the reason people think DC movies are trainwrecks is because Disney pays off Rottentomatoes

>when heads cool

THEY RE JUST TRYING TO GET AN ACTUALLY GOOD DIRECTOR FOR THIS HIGH QUALITY OSCAR NOMINATED FILM YOU MARVELSHITS
THEY WILL GET DAVID FINCHER NEXT

JUST NUKE DC AND WB ALREADY

Just Like Mel Gibson

I think I know who DC is gonna call now...

I really need to know what WB wants this movie to fucking brain wash people with that directors are saying fuck you to it.

THAT HACK AND HIS SHIT FILMOGRAPHY WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH ANYWAY

Yeah he was on the list of people wb was going after, we all know that

The script is obviously shit. Why else is everyone jumping ship? They need some absolute pigslut whore of a director to helm this.

>tfw Ben Al Shaleeq Aiflek returns to direct a masterpiece that will get him a place under the best directors to ever roam the earth while giving one of the greatest perfomance on screen ever witnessed
>tfw he gets /fit / like the fittest man ever to grace a screen
>tfw jennifer garner comes back to him publicy begging him to take her back and sucks his dick while he rejects her offer establishing himself as one of he most alpha men in US and A

>care about rottentomato
the only reason is i watched Suicide Squad and was pure shit
>shit joker
>shit harley
>random victoria secret
>random will smit
>random we are super bad killers, sociopaths etc
>but we want to be good now and save the world that we try so hard to destroy

GOOD MOVIE user

>The script is obviously shit

Or so amazing that these directors know they wont be able to do it justice

No, DC and Warner Brothers didn't drop him, Affleck dropped them.

>Why else is everyone jumping ship?
Maybe they've been paying attention to the way WB treats their directors and their films. They don't want to release a film that's hacked to pieces by 40 different editing teams, and then take all the blame when it's not very good

"Sure you can make your visionary Batman as Blade Runner film but you need to use Gal Gadot as your female lead."

bbye

I can't even laugh anymore, it's just pathetic

Ah what the heck, I'll laugh anyway

AHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

which tomboy would Ridley cast as Wonder Woman?

I feel for DC fans

This is just sad

What the fuck is this Snyder is good meme outside of 300 that's been happening forever now?

So whos ready for Affleck's exit?

watchmen is capekino dude and im not even snyder fag

>United States and america

Lost you there kiddo

Holy shit it's all over

Life of a Batman fan is eternal suffering.

I couldn't care less for the rest of DCEU. Based Ben deserves better...

It is quite literally paid DC shills.

DCucks on suicide watch HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What did they say to him Sup Forums?

Why are they trying to kill this movie?

lel why everyone so sad this is a good news this guy was full hack

If WW fails will the DCEU go down as the biggest cinematic blunder ever

Warner and DC are just completely fucking mental.
Moreso than the judenschweine kike pigs and Disney/Marvel.

>biggest cinematic blunder ever
>2.2 billions with no flops so far

wew lad

Wait for justice league's huge underperformance

damn, batfleck and the batman movie were only the decent things left in the DCEU, what a fucking tragedy lmao

300 was only good when you were 15 years old.
Go rewatch it. It is trite shit like Sucker Punch. Snyder has the talent of the faggots who make Resident Evil and Underworld movies, forgot their names because of how shit they are.

>Get the perfect Superman
>Get the perfect Batman
>Get the perfect fucking Aquaman
>Make precisely ZERO good films
wew

>We will take over the post-production

those judenschweine kike pigs are making mad money with their capeshit movies while you sit there in your basement doing nothing than posting in 4chin and dying of diabetes slowly so fuck off and go have some fresh air lmao

THIS IS THE END

How? You still have mostly good movies before this, and all thatcomic shit

p-pls...

This

>Batfags have ALL the stuff more than any other character
>Still whining

Nah Nolan movies are still the best capeshit ever made, Marvel ahs never been close to that, and the comics are still superior

This is kind of a dream come true for me, it's one thing to fuck Harley Quinn up but Batman would be too much. If they don't think they can do it right better not do it at all

Maybe one of these guys will do it:

>McG
>Brett Ratner
>Paul W. S. Anderson
>Len Wiseman
>Robert Stromberg
>Rupert Sanders
>some VFX guy
>some late 40s guy who's only directed Pepsi commercials
>some woman who directed 2 episodes of Vikings and +200 episodes of The Big Bang Theory

We just have to stay positive, guys.

I'm a DC man myself, but this is getting fucking stupid.

you forgot uwe boll

I have to ask.

Who the hell even wants another batman movie at this point? (Spiderman as well, wasnt the three with Toby good enough?)

What more can they even do with that character? Make him even older and grumpier?
How many times do we need to see his parents get shot?
How many times do we need to see him fighting not to become the ones he fights?
>muh The Dark Knight Returns comic

I have never had any sort of fascination for superhero comics though I've read a few, and Batman is just another rogue police man trope in a super hero disguise.
The two first Nolan Batmans was really good, the third one was a mess, but worked as a ending for the triology, as far as I am concerned, thats as good you can make three movies about a dude in a bat costume.

Does this universe really warant another movie on top of 16 movies and 10 TV shows?

I can understand the hollywood producers wanting more money, I just dont understand why anyone would want to see another batman movie.

Batman Begins is GOAT, The Dark Knight is mediocre and The Dark Knight Rises is the biggest "fuck you" to fans since the encore of Jesus.

It's been 12 years since the last great Batman film.

>still directors with better credentials than the average Marvel director

MICHEAL BAY!

>The Dark Knight is mediocre

'no'

Unless you consider all capeshit mediocre, then yes.

No fuck off you cunt, you're getting more snyder shit

He's retired. Otherwise they would have already signed him.

Actually the last great Batman film just came out like a week ago, you should check it out

Let me guess? "Muh Ledger"? The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises suffer from "emperor's new clothes" syndrome.

triggered kike detected.

WB executives.

Dark Knight is widely consider the best the entire genre has to offer. Ledger is part of it but there is way more to that

Disney will do a movie that great too someday

Maaan, this news made me laugh so fucking hard, but... seriously, what the fuck is going on???

>Dark Knight is widely consider the best the entire genre has to offer

Yes and everyone LOVED the emperor's new clothes.

K boys this is how it's gonna go

>JL trailer will be released
>Everyone will be hype cause Snyder makes pure trailerkino
>They'll announce Snyder's directing the Batman and no one will care because of how awesome JL looks

kike and proud motherfucker!

>b-but MAHVEL

lmaoing@you're a life

GOD-TIER!!!

Mel Gibson

not gonna happen... but shit. I wanna see that shitt for shoooo nigga

Green Lantern might not be considered DCEU because it was before MoS. But C'mon.... Green Lantern.

M-maybe they'll give it to Mel.

Jonah Hex

>Everyone will be hype cause Snyder makes pure trailerkino

It will be worse-than-doomsday-trailer tier

youtube.com/watch?v=fIHH5-HVS9o

It already was released, I didnt see everyone going mad for it

yfw Zack directs

It isn't DCEU, unless you consider Ghost Rider a MCU movie too

Oh fuck. I'd forgotten about Jonah Hex.

except ghost rider was licensed to a third party while GL was made by WB

How long can this keep going on before the WB shareholders realise the biggest obstacle to the DCEU catching on 9and thus making them a lot of money) is the moronic WB execs. Every behind-the-scenes thing we've heard over the last few years has been a constant disaster and the only one constant in it all has the been those useless tosspots who're supposedly in charge.

I'm more of a MCU fan but I do feel sorry for the DC fandom in all of this (except for those "DC=KINO!!" tards on this board). It's not really a competition regards quality and boxoffice but their team is falling flat on their face every time they step up to the starting line.

Too bad Snyder didn't cut that trailer