‘Star Wars’ Novel Reveals Official Fate of Jar Jar Binks

>Since children started coming in by the shipload as refugees, the Gungan has served them, performing for the kids once or twice a day, He does tricks. He juggles. He falls over and shakes his head as his eyes roll around inside their fleshy stalks. He makes goofy sounds and does strange little dances. Sometimes it’s the same performance, repeated. Sometimes the Gungan does different things, things you’ve never seen, thing’s you’ll never see again. Just a few days ago, he splashed into the fountain’s center, ten pretended to have the streams shoot him way up in the air. He leapt straight up, then back down with a splash. And he leapt from compass point to compass point, back and forth, before finally conking his head on the edge and plopping down on his butt. Shaking his head. Tongue wagging. All the kids laughed. Then the Gungan laughed, too.

>The clown, they called him “Bring the clown. We want to see the clown. We like it how he juggles glombo shells, or spits fish up in the air and catches them, or how he dances around and falls on his butt.”

>The adults, though. They don’t say much about him. Or to him. And no other Gungans come to see him, either. Nobody even says his name.

When a young refugee boy asks why no one talks to him, the Gungan answers:

>“My no so sure.” The Gungan makes a hmm sound. “Mesa thinks it cause-o Jar Jar makin some uh-oh mistakens. Big mistakens. Der Gunga bosses banished me longo ago. Mesa no been to hom in for-ebbers. And desa hisen Naboo tink I help the uh-oh Empire.”

What'sa yousa thinkin Sup Forums?

Are yousa 'appy with Jar Jars fate? Or were u wishin for some big hurtin!

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Aftermath-Star-Wars-Trilogy/dp/1101885920
reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3qvj6w/theory_jar_jar_binks_was_a_trained_force_user/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That bit of Jar Jar dialogue suffers from the same problem people writing Yoda dialogue face - they take it too far

Too bad it is Canon that Binks is an excellent acrobat and not clumsy.

>They cant even Jar Jars clumsiness right

Disney everyone

You do those acrobatics he performed in Toydaria and tell me how it went.

Wouldn't he just claim he was already under the influence of Sheev, just like the rest of the Senate?

Since he's not in space jail he probably did

Ah, so he became a politically correct minstrel to fit Disney's political agenda as they continue to poison Star Wars harder than George Lucas did.

Good to know.

Since Lucas created the cunt I dont think you can blame Disney

Disney owns Star Wars now. You lost. Deal with it.

I'm glad they purged the EU for this.

Jar Jar didn't deserve this.

>adults hate him
>kids love him
poetry

Nope. They're just as guilty.
Lucas killed Star Wars with Episode 6 and the Prequel Trilogy.
Disney is just milking the husk at this point. In 30 years, people will be sick of this franchise and want it deader than Lucas' rotting corpse at that point in time and Star Wars will die a pathetic but merciful death.
Should've died after the Original Trilogy anyway.

>the uh-oh Empire

who wrote this

#notmyjarjar

>space clowns that are literally referred to as "clown"

thanks chuck wendig / disney

make sure to grab chuck's first star wars novel, a solid 3 stars on amazon!

amazon.com/Aftermath-Star-Wars-Trilogy/dp/1101885920

you have so much hope
SO MUCH hope

>deal with it
Why not become a crazy murderhobo instead?

>Meesa....sigh. Meesa givin dem da handjobs for Death Sticks, ok? How about yoosa? Yousa want? Here, meesa give free sample. Free sample. Where yoosa going? No! NO! Come back!

>He sits, unable to continue for now. No one looks at him as they pass. After a time, he reaches into his tattered bag and draws out the last possession of any value left to him - a decades-old blaster. He doesn’t remember where he first found it, and doesn’t know if it works. A tear trickling down his left eyestalk, he puts the barrel in his mouth.

wtf disney

>Wakfu image
Nice try, user, but crappy French cartoons won't validate your post.
Besides, Nox wasn't a murderhobo. He was an INTELLIGENT murderhobo.

>burying the shit that ruined the pt in a page of meta commentary in some novel is a crime

you seem young

>Instead of the completely unpredictable, yet entirely sensical twist of Darth Jar Jar, Disney relegate him to an exaggerated clown
>this is good apparently

If they engaged in that stupid fan theory, youd say they were just trying to please the reddit crowd

Cant win with you fuckbois

>If they engaged in that stupid fan theory, youd say they were just trying to please the reddit crowd
I wouldn't. I know some would, but I wouldn't
The twist made too much sense. Plus it's hardly a fan theory when it's basically confirmed as Lucas' canon at this point

>stupid fan theory
It's backed by Binks's actor, George taking heavy inspiration from shaolin monks and Isaac Asimov.
>Jar Jar is the key to all of this
>TPM plot relies on somebody in the ship sending out something to the sith

Should have just made him side with the Empire with full believe in its cause like a typical leftie.

>actual published novel
>describes a character as "falling on his butt"
>twice in the course of three sentences

Jesus Christ.

This is the same author who uses them stupid gender pronouns ze zur and whatever the fuck for one character

It's a Long time ago!

He doesn't know Binks. Jar Jar is only seemingly clumsy, and it always has the effect on his goals that he wants it to have.
>Clone wars
>"clumsiness" gives him
>promotions (pirate negotiation)
>victory after victory
>convenience beyond reason
>a way to kill Mother Talzin
There is no Luck.

He is a capable and extremely skilled acrobat who can put glasses and plates into complex structures in only a few seconds. When it suits his goals.

That's a good trick. Kind of like when his clumsiness had him almost kill the entire Naboo aside from a single person. Namely, Jar Jar.
His impeccable aim saved Padme on Mon Calamari. His blaster fire aim was good too.

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3qvj6w/theory_jar_jar_binks_was_a_trained_force_user/

Yet he was too stupid to keep a job as a Senatorial hanger-on or attaché with the Gungan military?

Stay there.

mundo goes where he pleases

>Jar Jar is the key to all of this
The quote is actually
>Jar Jars the key to all this, if we get Jar Jar working. Because hes a funnier character than we've ever had in these movies before.
Sounds more like George thought Jar Jar was a funny character that would appeal to people. Fits in nicely with the George Lucas is a moron fan theory.

>it's basically confirmed as Lucas' canon at this point
How?

>dude let's turn this character into a depressing failure because he wasn't liked by the fans LMAO

That's fucking sadistic.

>reading anything by Cuck Wendig

George Lucas' self insert.

It wasnt

Anons pulling shit out their ass

If you read the original theory and watch the accompanying vid, the cgi choices (which are very expensive and deliberate) can't really be otherwise explained.
The actor that did the mo-cap for Jar Jar and who talked about the character with Lucas has basically confirmed it.
The deleted scenes add a LOT of credence to the theory (one particular scene in which Palpatine personally thanks Jar Jar in achieving his power, low-key)
(sorry for linking to it but..)
r/StarWars/comments/3qvj6w/theory_jar_jar_binks_was_a_trained_force_user/

Read the comments too
Certain things just suddenly make a lot more sense

nice autism reddit

>being right is autism

No it's literally a non canon reddit meme theory.

>The Gungan makes a hmm sound.
kek what hack wrote this shit?

>i can only express myself in buzzwords
what did he mean by this?

Why would anybody want to associate with the retard who gave emergency powers to the most dangerous man in the galaxy?
At least he wasn't encased in carbonite for all eternity like in the old EU.

Look up the author. There have been multiple threads about him before. Chuck 'the cuck ' Wendig.

this broke my sides user please post more

Would you take a Jar Job?

Conking his head is on purpose to make the kids laugh.

>Disney made literally everything they published "official canon"
Why?

Source

>implying the Darth Jar Jar theory is good

He's a shitty character because he's a shitty character, not because he was cool and evil all along. Sometimes life ain't fair.

i award you with some amount of internets. that fan theory was such garbage. I can't believe it survived for as long as it did.

It survived because it's more interesting than anything that actually happened in the prequels, save for pod racing.

Same guy that thinks "herkily-jerkily" is an acceptable adjective to describe a TIE Fighter flying in the air.

He was a shitty character
The theory put that shitty character into context
If it had been carried out, he would have been less shitty

more people will buy it

>If it had been carried out
But it wasn't, so the end result is a bunch of fatasses nudging and winking at each other like it's what's really going on, but it just looks desperate to excuse a character that got more attention than he deserved even back when everybody was just crying and stomping their feet about him.

You seem very triggered. In reality, it's just fans upset that the clear intention for the character was pushed aside due to Lucas' fears of audience reactions.
And now Disney are outright affirming a different canon, and in the process retconning many of Jar Jar's previously canon traits

Meesa creepy

Young ones sleepy

>But it wasn't, so the end result is a bunch of fatasses nudging and winking at each other like it's what's really going on, but it just looks desperate to excuse a character that got more attention than he deserved even back when everybody was just crying and stomping their feet about him.
Honestly I feel like it was just a funny meme that this shit tier character somehow was a master mind.

Would take an autist to think that the theory was serious and a bigger autist to get worked up over it on the internet.

Anybody going to source where this is from?

look for yourself faggot

>(here is a quote from a thing)
>where is it from?
>"TEEHEEE WONT TELL YOU FAGGOT"
What a piece of shit you must be

You easily could have done a google search to find it yourself you worthless fuck.

>yfw Jar Jar is like The Mule from the Foundation series.

You take this all too seriously, mate

fuck off back where you came from

Relax you hugbox aspie

>Relax you hugbox aspie
do the search faggot

I can't keep up with these Star Wars novels

I've read Lords of the Sith and Tarkin, where do I go next?

Kill yourself nuwars faggot.

At least I'm not screeching like a child

Catalyst

Gosh that is some awful writing

how does telling someone to do a search correlate with screeching like a child?

>FAGGOT
>GO BACK
>REEEEEEE

have you done the search yet?

>You lost.
no.... no....

Never go full Gungan.

It was Lucasfilm's decision. Old EU worked in tiers because it would contradict itself. You're still free to ignore whatever you don't like though.

>star wars thread die off in the past week as we eagerly yearn and suffer for ep8 trailer or any sort of news
>rest of the threads are fucking empty with 20>replies at best

I thought that in Attack of the Clones, it showed Jar Jar as a representative for the Gungans? He was helping Palpatine's case for a new republic army. Didi't the Gungans accept him back after the battle?

here's your reading guide

you're welcome

>Jar Jar Binks, a minor part in Phantom Menace, and and even smaller in subsequent films, "ruined" the pt
Jar Jar isn't in the prequels as much as you remember.

Around the survivors a perimeter create.

Poor jarjar

;_;

"No!"

Kino
I
N
O

its almost as bad as harry potter LOL

>what did he meme by this
right back at you buckaroo

10/10 PERFECT

>a minor part
Holy hell, this board is absolute garbage now

this made me imagine the ending narration of the assassination of jesse james by the coward robert ford but done in jar jar speak about jar jar
>dersa would be no eulogies for jar jar...

Besides the usual reddit shit Sup Forums seems worse than usual today. Is it illegal immigrants from imdb?

>Let's turn this silly wacky character intended for children that George Lucas said was based around his childhood and Goofy, and make him a miserable waste, depressed and alone, because some fans didn't like him
What the fuck, Disney. You hate Lucas, eh?
#JusticeforJarJar

>politically correct minstrel
what could you possibly have meant by this?