“Late Show” has been scoring ratings victories...

>“Late Show” has been scoring ratings victories. It ranked as the most-watched late-night show in the past two weeks and is closing in on a third week at the top, CBS noted in its announcement.
Colbert, who honed his political comedy chops as a Comedy Central host, began edging up on leader Jimmy Fallon’s “Tonight Show” after the election.

Is he about to take over?
washingtonpost.com/national/colbert-show-to-air-live-after-trumps-address-to-congress/2017/02/17/bbb261a2-f569-11e6-9fb1-2d8f3fc9c0ed_story.html?utm_term=.554936db9349

Drumpf wins again

This election has provided a boatload of material for late night shows, not surprising. I never watched Colbert in the past, but I'm more inclined to watch now with all the shitstorms happening in US politics.

Colbert, Trevor Noah and Oliver were all rooting for Trump secretly

They're getting increasingly "edgy", calling Trump names, saying he has a small dicked Nazi, a "Bannon" puppet, blaming him for everything wrong and more.

The left is unapologetically evil.

So Donald Trump...

>The left is unapologetically evil.

In the months leading up to the election I was thinking "man I can't wait till this fuck loses so I can finally stop hearing about him" then he goes and wins and now EVERY episode of EVERY show i watch is trump 24/7

i've dropped half a dozen shows simply for the fact of not wanting every part of my day being OMFG DID U HEAR WUT TRUMP TWEETED ROFL

t. Bannon

COLBERT ASCENDANT

COLBERT RESPLENDENT

COLBERT MAGNIFICENT

DID. YOU. FUCKERS. REALLY. THINK. HE. WOULD. FAIL??

WHERE IS THAT FUCKER WHO MADE ALL THOSE HURR JAMES GORDON WILL BE NEW LATE SHOW HOST MOVE IT TO LA AND HE CAN DRIVE AND ASS KISS OOPS I MEAN SING WITH CELEBS ALL DAY. WHERE ARE YOU YOU DAFT CUNT.

WHERE ARE THE HURR MAKING THE LATE SHOW ALL POLITICAL WILL TURN PEOPLE OFF DURRRR AMERICANS ARE TOO SMART TO WATCH SOMETHING SO BIAS DURR

COLBERT PROVING AGAIN THAT HE IS THE GREATEST AT THIS SHIT FOR GOOD FUCKING REASON.

SETH MEYERS IS DOING GOOD SHIT NOW TOO ON THE TUBES AND CARVED OUT A NICHE FOR HIMSELF. YOU STUPID FUCKS. YOU REALLY THINK WITH THE WORLD AS IT IS NOW WILL BE LOOKING AT FALLON SUCKING SOME B-LISTERS COCKS AND FANNIES FOREVER?? EVEN FALLON TRYING TO GET IN ON THAT SHIT NOW BUT TOO LATE THAT HAIR TUSSLE WILL BE YOUR FUCKING DOWNFALL.

EVEN SNL REALIZED HOW BIG THEY FUCKED UP AND COURSE CORRECTED

THIS IS THE COLBERT I WANTED AND NOW HE DOESN'T HAVE TO SHILL AND CAN BE AS CUTTING AS THE REPORT WAS.

HOLY SHIT FUCK THAT GUY WHO SAID JAMES GORDON WOULD BE BETTER. FUCK JAMES GORDON.

T. JON FUCKING NO H STEWART

>the left is unapologetically evil because they call trump names
Was your intention to make Trump look thick skinned by comparison?

>JAMES GORDON.
That is a character in Batman. You need to calm down

I miss the Colbert Report. It was funny jabs at Bush and Fox news. His current show has him crying like it's the end of the world every monologue

The ultimate flip came when Fox suggested reading Ted Kazynski's manifesto. We have crossed over.

Fallon shouldn't have sucked Trump's dick. Slit his own throat.

Fallon will be the king for as long as he's the host.

All the late night guys are funny but fallon at least makes an attempt to steer clear of the blatantly anti trump stuff.

also, from the clips I've seen his show has by far the most creativity.of any of the shows.

like him or not fallon is the new carson/leno.

Fox is better than it was but it still sucks.

Are you kidding? Fox was alright until Trump won the nomination. They about-face and uninterrupted slurping since has been both obvious and off-putting.

I haven't watched tv news in years.

honest question since I don't remember, but how did CNN/MSNBC etc react after obama got the nomination over hillary?

I'm guessing it was about the same.

These stations are LITERALLY mouthpieces for whatever party they support. Whether it be FOX, MSNBC, CNN, whatever.

Fox is still mainstream media and will not tell you the real truth. Dont watch television media. Its all satire

i haven't watched him since his first week, which was fucking awful. is he any better now?

Do you hate Trump? Do you like awkward/boring celebrity interviews? Do you like to see the host suck the dick of his band at every break? If yes to all, then yes you should.

back when comedy central used to play old SNL episodes nonstop I would change the channel for every single musical guest. even if I liked the band/artist. I did the same with talk shows musical guest.

I can't be the only one.

They didn't do much of a change from what I remember. That's why there was not big Sanders-esque whinefest even though she won the pop. vote.

So, no, not the same.

I know. Most places around here air fox in their waiting rooms and my parents have it on when I visit.

same.

>people still watch these shitty shows
Even Leno was better than all of these shitty hosts combined

I think he actually has an audience so he survived and now will appear to thrive maybe?

Fallon can't get ratings just appealing to depressed people by showing them celebs having fun.

Kimmel is too mean and ironic to get a huge fanbase.

Colbert has the pissed off New York/LA liberals at his beckon call obsessed with Trump and wants non-stop Trump jokes mixed with celebs that fit with their demographic.

One little thing I wonder about is how many people backed Colbert when he got really obvious about his Catholicism. He got a lot of buzz for being strong enough to debate Ricky Gervais about religion and probably not win but definitely hold his own and how he wasn't rude with him but kindly had an adult conversation about religion.

I wonder how many Catholics went on his side and "mained" Colbert after that. I know lots of people think Christians are represented everywhere but honestly Catholics usually don't get anyone to speak for them, usually just use their faith as a prop. Its nice to see a guy who is not ashamed to be a Catholic and use his religion for jokes.

That may not be true but just throwing that out there.

Fox is still better than the alternatives.

Colbert's new show is so bad that I regret ever liking him. I don't know how anybody can watch whiny fucks like Meyers and him.

This, even as a conservative I thought the Colbert Report was hilarious.
He just seems so lifeless now and just spews the same propaganda as everybody else.

who the fuck tunes in to watch a comedy show, just to have it interrupted by a 10 minute music break?

hell back in the day I would have just switched it over to MTV if I wanted to listen to music.

But now, even MTV doesn't play music anymore. These people now could just go to youtube or something. They don't even need an MTV.

literally nothing wrong with any of that

Kind of the opposite for me, but I used to be a liberal teenager, and even by then I had lost interest in colbert report/daily show/ all those late night talk show, after a fairly short time

I used to watch the opening comedy bits of Letterman and Conan and would usually skip everything else unless I was familiar with the guests. Actually, Colbert Report was the only show I would watch every interview from because Colbert treated that part of the show like any other comedy bit.

The colbert report was by far the best late night show around when it was airing. I probably missed out on half of it since I didn't care about politics and was all about going out with my friends and getting high and shit.

Musical guests for me, automatically let me know that the show you have put in front of me is shit. so you need a time filler.

>watching late night television

No, thanks.

But when it happens to the democrats you lose your mind

Colbert fucked up. The Colbert Report would be peaking right now if he stayed on.