I'm all ears to anyone who wants to make the case Houston or Green Bay shouldn't go after him

I'm all ears to anyone who wants to make the case Houston or Green Bay shouldn't go after him.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F2MUiIcwQPM
tmz.com/2015/10/29/colin-kaepernick-headphones-pissing-off-teammates/
dailysnark.com/throwback-colin-kaepernick-fined-using-racial-slurs-towards-black-players/
chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-lamarr-houston-colin-kaepernick-20140922-story.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There is none.

>the call that saved Green Bay

He's shit.

I don’t think he’d be better than Hundley at this point, and I think Hundley is pretty shit. Desu let’s not act like he was lighting it the fuck up before he was out of the job. He got benched for Blaine Gabbert.

Are the Packers racist for starting Hundley over Kap?

He was one of the worst qbs in the league his last year he's also team cancer

Kaepernick by DYAR and DVOA:
28th & 29th in 2014 (out of 44 qualifying players)
35th & 34th in 2015 (out of 37 qualifying players)
29th & 30th in 2016 (out of 34 qualifying players)

He's been bottom rung for the past 3 years, and between Houston's defensive injuries and Green Bay's defensive incompetence, adding him wouldn't make much of a difference at this point. It'd mostly just harm their salary cap.

So is Tom Savage, Matt McGloin, TJ Yates, Brett Hundley and whoever else the Puckers have at quarterback.

And Kaepernick is better suited to fill in for a guy like Rogers or Watson than any of the names mentioned above.

Why even bother picking him up if you don't plan on winning an owl with him?

>MFW Kaep ends up in super patriotic Texas
TOP fucking lel. The shitstorm would be glorious

Teams don't get better by adding more shit to their roster.

Are the players who finished last in those categories still playing?

because he is suing the league.

He lost ANY chance he had from being signed again by doing that.

He literally suing the league for collusion. If he wins, the entire CBA between the NFL and the NFLPA is null and void, likely leading to a strike are the cancellation of the rest of the season.

He's essentially blacklisted for life unless the Browns really like him.

People in every industry will hire reliable mediocrity without loads of baggage versus slightly better mediocrity with a ton of poor intangibles

I like how the choice is between total NFL annihilation and the Browns, and it's not even surprising.

Some of the players who were drafted more recently than him are still on teams, mostly as backups (often 3rd stringers). The notable exceptions - as in players who didn't notably improve since 2014 (i.e. Cam Newton & Derek Carr) - are Josh McCown and Blake Bortles.

What would be the point in hiring him?

>if he wins

there are so many of these cuck faggots on twitter, it's nauseating

>dude cuck lmao

Was really hoping Sup Forums would stay out of this thread.

You of all people should know the story of the underdog.

>we could literally have a screencap with 100s of these posts being BTFO'd if one team would hire Kaep to like a 10mill 1 year contract and start kaep just to take the loss

Jerry Jones really needs to buy the Browns so he can just have a throw away team to do whatever with in the other conference.

I know there's rules against someone in the league owner two teams, but like. Just make a fake holding company and have the CEO named Jones Jerry wearing a fake mustache.

didnt SF lose like 80% of their games with him the last two seasons?

Kaepernick sucks. He only started kneeling when his career went south. Now the narrative is that the only reason teams won't sign him is because they're racist, which is completely retarded. They'll keep murderers and wifebeaters on their roster but won't sign a guy who'll kneel? He sucks. Yes there may be some validity to the idea that teams don't want him because of the kneeling, but thats only because they'd rather have a QB who sucks that won't cause controversy than a QB who sucks that will.

Near 90% I think

there are like 5 or 6 very good reasons none have to do with kneeling

Not sure Green Bay would get much from him, better to see if Hundley improves or look elsewhere. Texans might have use of him though.

he comes off as pretty stupid too.
most people that try to take a stand for racial equality are usually pretty well spoken and have a clear message. hes basically a babbling idiot who is just spewing liberal talking points without knowing about anything beyond the headlines. his whole kneeling thing doesnt even represent his ideals anymore because nobody knew what he wanted.

Those guys don't carry the kind of baggage Kaep does. That's what people don't get, he isn't worth the attention

Except there's honest to god no proof of collusion outside of Kaepernick and his retarded supporter's delusions. His stats are shit, he wants too much money, and he's a fucking media circus, not to mention that he would have to provide evidence that there's was an agreement between all 32 owners and there's fat chance of that.

1. He's had thumb, back, and shoulder issues for the last 3 years he's started
2. says it well
>Kaepernick by DYAR and DVOA:
>28th & 29th in 2014 (out of 44 qualifying players)
>35th & 34th in 2015 (out of 37 qualifying players)
>29th & 30th in 2016 (out of 34 qualifying players)
3. He's horrible repeat horrible at reading defenses I can show you clips on that.
4. He's regularly pissed off his own teammates
5. The last season he played he came in at 6'4 200 lbs. I can probably dig a source up on that.
6. The Castro shirt. True story
>he went to miami
>miami is full of cubans who hate Castro
>decides to wear a Pro Castro shirt
>doubles down on it by preaching about how Castro wasn't such a bad guy.

So you've got a guy who physically is damaged, is probably out of shape again, who pisses off teammates, who is a political headcase, who can't read defenses, who has been bottom rung for the last 3 years when he has played, who will cost a fair deal of money.

Need more?

best timeline

youtube.com/watch?v=F2MUiIcwQPM

can't read defenses source

tmz.com/2015/10/29/colin-kaepernick-headphones-pissing-off-teammates/

He was walking around wearing head phones ignoring everyone.

dailysnark.com/throwback-colin-kaepernick-fined-using-racial-slurs-towards-black-players/

Oh and there's this

Yeah that's right. Colin Kaepernick called a bears player a "FUCKING NIGGER"

You forgot piss off around half of your fanbase and lose a sizable minority of them while gaining none other than fly-by-night casuals that won't care after he fails/has his cup of tea there

reminder he isn't even black he's an arab that was raised by white people

chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-lamarr-houston-colin-kaepernick-20140922-story.html

Second source on the "fucking nigger" thing Colin said

The hypocrisy of the left and the media's amazing ability to cover it up to push their narratives never ceases to amaze me
>actually get flagged for saying nigger less than a year before his kneeling shit starts
>raised by arguably the whitest family in America
>becomes the sports social mouthpiece of blacks in America
If it was a fictional story it wouldn't pass muster because you couldn't suspend disbelief that much

>chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-lamarr-houston-colin-kaepernick-20140922-story.html

>The requested video is no longer available.

>not in game shape
>entire playbook would need to be overhauled
>likely won't play for minimum

And that is without pointing out his horrible performance and the hit the locker room/fanbase would take

2014- played on the most injured team in the nfl
2015- got injured and played behind the worst blocking trio in the nfl
2016- literally no receivers, dropped every pass

had a different hc and oc every season.

still managed to post a respectable td:int ratio all while piling up over 1400 yards rushing and 4 td.

empty stats
doesn't matter
he may be marginally better than some of the other qbs in the league but its not worth the headache for the very small chance that he turns into a real nfl qb, which he had more than his fair chance at doing

he absolutely shits on numerous qbs starting right now and it's not even close

spbp
kys Reddit

i think you're forgetting how bad kap was when he was last in the league.

No he doesn't. He was easily the worst starting qb in the league and probably one of the lower tier backups.

you mean when he was throwing to jeremy "dropped by jets special teamer/slot receiver" kerley as his #1 or vance "stone hands" mcdonald all while coming off three surgeries and underweight? no, i remembered a guy who went 108-149, 72.48%, 1,317 yds, 11 td, 3 int in the first half of football games last season before the defense utterly imploded and he was forced to chuck hail marys after half time.

The only way he can win a collusion case is if he can prove that the NFL helped Football Outsiders and ESPN create DVOA and QBR to specifically make him look bad. It's just a coincidence that he is also terrible.

>Judging Hundley on his current sample
Savage is a goddamn dumpster fire though. He's not accurate enough to throw picks ain't nobody catching those ducks.

why is speddit defending Kapernick? he is just not economically worth it bottomline

Because muh Devil's Advocate faggots are here which is inherently a Reddit trait.

Dude almost all those TDs were in garbage time.

So you're basically saying that Kap was godly until his defense lost him the games? LMAO this delusion

Will Kaep play for $600k a year? Oh what’s that? He want’s $22 Million? Nah i’ll pass.

I would heem everyone single one of you faggots defending Kaepernick

Look, man. It’s cool. We get it. You like watching your gf get fucked by black guys.

Please post some evidence of this claim

Better to tank than waste the cap space. Both Houston and Green Bay will have a qb next season. Why waste all that money on a bottom tier qb who will stir up controversy and locker room drama? It would be like hiring Shia to star in your big budget movie next year after all of his protests.

well he wont win you any games

>go 0-16 with kap
>go 0-16 without kap and save money / reputation / headache
wow tough choice

At leat these guys have practice all 8 weeks of the season. Why bring in a guy that hasn't played in a year? Plus that year he wasn't even playing very well. He'd have to learn the offense and he'd be playing on a team that most likely won't even go into the playoffs.

All that plus the distractions he'll bring don't make any sense. Just wait till next year to find a team. That would be the best idea.

Better to tank the rest of the season and get a higher draft pick than blow cap space on someone that isn't good enough to keep around.

Hundley is 24, Kaep is 30
Kaep won't be accepted in Texas.

>"FUCKING NIGGER"
And? He's black. Its allowed.

The no.1 reason is tge current year isn't 2013.

Kaep hasn't been a decent QB on the field for quite skme time.

Also, franchises don't pick up journeymen free agents at a franchise player position when they have youth to develop on the roster for next seasons.

Though none of that will matter to an idiot like OP who hasnt bothered to know any of this shit for the past year

Most fans in Houston hate Kaepernick. Besides, what would be the point? Win a couple more games? Season is already over for Texans. Best to tank for better draft pick.

Actually I take that back, tanking for better 1st round pick doesn't matter because it goes to the Browns anyway. So does the 2nd round pick as well.

1.) Not actually that good

2.) Probably wants starter money

3.) The media cicrus that would surround any team that signed him now would be a huge distraction

He's a shitty QB who begged for more than 10M per year and he's a media circus. No NFL teams want this risk. Do you remember Tebow with the Jets? Think this but with a QB that actually sucks both on and off the field.

The Texans are developing Tom savage?

Go to football outsiders

No, the Toxins were developing Tom Savage when he was drafted 4 years ago. He has shown absolutely nothing. There is no more further development of Savage.

Oh. So I guess that poster thinks hundley will still be at gb after Rogers leaves

Because he is literally human refuse.

i really hope some team picks him up and he just throws 5 straight picks

> waste money and time on a qb you have no intentions of winning a Superbowl with.

>American Sports
>Can't stop talking about niggers

my oh my these goalposts are moving

Houston used to be a football city but all this unpatriotic mumbo jumbo has caused the entire city to, literally, become a baseball city.

More people adorning Astros gear day-after-day than Texans gear. It's strange. If it weren't for J.J. Watt or Deshaun Watson I'd be willing to bet Football would be less popular than Soccer in Houston in a couple years.

tl;dr people here don't care and are more likely to just watch another sport instead. Whether it's the Dynamos, Rockets, or Astros.

Yeah. It's a lot better to lose 80% of your games with Hundley or Savage than it is to lose 90% of your games with Kaepernick.

Packers have never been a team to go out and get free agents. As for Houston, they've found their future QB so tanking this season might actually be good as they can get a better pick for Watson.

>Hiring a guy who's suing you

Wasn’t Hundley actually raised by a black family?

Kap is blacker then, he was raised by white liberals to understand his heritage

kek America is fucking done

>first half is garbage time
he literally was
he has a better passer rating by far and not only that he's rushed for over 1400 yards and has 4 td on over 6 ypc over the past three seasons all on the most vile dogshit teams of all time

>lose starting spot to gabbert
>get butthurt and leave
>now suddenly considered pro-bowl player.

I don't get it. He was trash, and considering he hasn't played in a year, he is likely still trash.

Im all ears for why the packers should sign pic related instead of seeing how a guy whose been in there system 3 years pans out now he can finally get some meaningful snaps. Kapernick or hundley theyll still lose every game but 1 or maybe 2

Didn’t he leave the league as a second stringer? Why would you think he was a starting quarterback?

>he has a better passer rating by far
He was the only quarterback in 2016 to have a negative points added with the pass.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Um, the Astros gear might have to do more with the fact they won their first championship ever and the city's first in a generation in anything last week lmao

>one game in a blizzard
have fun parroting common reddit talking points while ignoring the facts
his passer rating was 90.7, not bad when your #1 wr is a special teamer and nobody can catch the football

go to bed colin

>passer rating

literally no one in the nfl gives a flying fuck about passer rating. its something retards like skip bayless use to try and justify why dak is supposedly the best qb in the league and how romo was elite. kap wasn't a good qb and hes not worth the headache. he only started this shit when he got benched so you cant even say thats why he lost his job.

>Net yards per passing attempt
>2nd lowest in the league (players >10 games)
>passer rating
kek

Out routes and screens don't win ballgames.
Kaep should know, he was 1-10 as a starter in 2016.

i bet you think sam bradford is good too
>passer rating

not an argument
>passer rating is bad if it doesn't support my narrative!
he had no problems throwing curls, digs, flys, drags etc when he had receivers who could catch the football. he made aging anquan boldin a 1000 yard receiver again in back to back seasons. going 1-10 on a football team that allowed multiple 100 yard rushers, BY HALF TIME, is not on him.

no passer rating is always bad
i have literally never used it to argue anything because its an irrelevant stat that means nothing