THE DCEU DIRECTOR REVOLVING DOOR

JUST

>Ben Affleck was asked to direct both MAN OF STEEL and an earlier version of JUSTICE LEAGUE and declined.

>Zack Snyder beat Darren Aronofsky, Matt Reeves, Duncan Jones and Jonathan Liebesman for the MAN OF STEEL gig. Reportedly for being the only one willing to work with David Goyer's subpar script.

>Michelle MacLaren dropped out of WONDER WOMAN due to creative differences and was replaced by Patty Jenkis.

>Jeff Nichols was in talks to write and direct AQUAMAN but dropped out due to creative differences and was replaced by James Wan.

>Phil Lord and Chris Miller were approached to write and direct THE FLASH but declined in favor of HAN SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY. They produced one draft which was discarded by Warner in favor of a new script by Seth Grahame-Smith. He eventually dropped out due to creative differences and his script was discarded as well. Rick Famuyiwa was then brought in to write and direct the movie but also dropped out due to creative differences and his script had to be discarded as well. The movie is slated for a page one rewrite and remains directorless.

>David Ayer was rushed into directing SUICIDE SQUAD and is now being rushed into directing GOTHAM CITY SIRENS.

>Brad Peyton is rumored to direct BLACK ADAM and Adam F. Sandberg is reportedly in early talks to helm SHAZAM.

>Greg Berlanti was in talks to direct BOOSTER GOLD but appears to have dropped out due to creative differences. He is now helming a remake of LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS.

>Doug Liman was attached to long-gestating JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK project which went right back to no developments. He has since picked up two other movies that appear to have priority over it.

>implying Mel won't save The Batman

Just get brett ratner and end it already

Is this the official wb job application general?

i really wanted Michelle Maclaren for Woder Woman

>hundreds of great directors are interested
>WB execs: IT MUST BE DARK HUMORLESS TRASH AND YOU WILL ANSWER CREATIVELY TO ZACH SNYDER
>Top headline: Talented director dropped out due to creative differences with WB

DC will literally sink WB as a studio. Cap it senpai. Five Years

BRING HIM BACK NOW

NOLAN SAVE US

JUST FLASHPOINT THIS SHIT

Matt Reeves just exited talks to direct The Batman, too.

nice sources there OP

Which is worse, Trump's cabinet or the DCEU?

I thought Del Taco was handling JL Dark?

>Director of Suicide Squad is going to make another DC movie

was

DC is honestly fucked when it comes to movie adaptations. Even the original Batman and Superman movies were too campy.

>>Director of Suicide Squad is going to make another DC movie with three female leads

there's no way this ends up well

I would wager it's the opposite. After BvS and Suicide Squad's negative receptions WB execs who missed the point are probably in panic mode demanding superhappyfuntime movies trying to course correct. Don't get me wrong, BvS was bad, but its "dark and gritty atmosphere" isn't why, and WB is going to sink the DCEU if that's what their takeaway was.

Maybe if Dunkirk bombs. Otherwise there's no way he'd do it.

This

People thought TDK was successful because of it's "Dark and gritty" tone, then they tried to make every movie like that for a while, then Marvel came along and made good movies with a more light-hearted tone, and now execs are like "Grimdark is out, quips are in" without actually making the movies good

>Well gee I've never directed a film before, but if you're throwing in that Applebees gift card I'm sure I can find the time in my schedule

He dropped out.