Clerks 3 Officially Dead

Who knew.
Apparently the guy who plays Randall (LOOK UP HIS REAL NAME BEFORE YOU HIT POST!!!) backed out after agreeing to do it.
Word on the street is he wanted more money than the investors were willing to give.
Fucking Randall. That actor has not done shit since Clerks... except Clerks 2. Is his plate REALLY that full?
Sure it might be shit, but it's still one of the few series you can say has spanned almost 3 decades. It's kinda like watching your kids grow up.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/2017/02/16/kevin-smith-helming-spawn-spin-off-tv-show-for-bbc-america/
youtube.com/watch?v=Nux0R_pUqoU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He wound up not liking acting as much as he thought he would. A man can change his mind you know. A man can turn down money because of his own integrity.

Having said that, I was looking forward to Clerks 3 but I'm just as fine with it being dead, as I felt Clerks 2 had a fantastic ending.

It wasn't that though.
According to Smith's latest Fatman on Batman, they offered him more money to begin with, and just as things were getting rolling, he asked for even more. He most likely assumed they'd cave rather than lose the film.
He bet wrong.

I thought that guy turned into a director for independent movies.

And for the record, Clerks 2 sucked ass.

It would not surprise me if this is actually Kevin Smith posting

add that to all the other projects kevin said he was going to make but never did.

no1currs kevin
go play with your daughter and her bat

I heard he didn't want to do it because he never got paid for clerks 2, which they practically had to beg him to do in the first place

Oh no, that sucks, Kevin. Now jerk off to your daughter some more you fat fuck

He said he will do another Jay & Silent Bob instead

I hope Mewes tells him to eat a fat cock. He was great in Todd and the Book of Pure Evil; he clearly doesn't need that fucking hack anymore

Plus Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back was a fucking disaster

>Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back was a fucking disaster
It did exactly what it set out to do faggot.

His name is Jeff Anderson. I met him and Brian o halloran at the clerks 2 premier . Brian was a real actor and I'm sure he was down, no matter the price. Jeff is just a naturally funny guy...I'm sure he received a lot of flack for the nigg jokes in clerks 2. I distinctly remember my friend asking him to sign porch monkey for life next to his name. Instead, he drew an arrow to his crotch and labeled it huge. Overall, pretty cool guy, but I sensed that Randall was mostly a mouthpiece for Kevin's worst thoughts. Maybe he just got tired of speaking Kevin's childish dialogue and go out with his dignity. Maybe yoga hosers tipped him off. Regardless, clerks 2 was a fine ending - Kevin should have stopped there and his friends don't know how to tell him no. At least Jeff finally did.

>the guy who plays Randall (LOOK UP HIS REAL NAME BEFORE YOU HIT POST!!!)
OP, did you leave yourself a pre post note and then did read it?

comicbook.com/2017/02/16/kevin-smith-helming-spawn-spin-off-tv-show-for-bbc-america/

he's probably going to focus on this now

Clerks 2 wasn't even that good. It just reminds of when I was back in High School, the best thing about it was the soundtrack. Can't imagine how Smith would shit on it even more with how many terrible movies he's been making

Clerks 2 was fine but unnecessary. OP, you're the reason why most movies now are remakes, reboots or sequels

It would be 50% weed smoking dads and 50% Trump is evil jokes. Someone builds a wall in front of the quickstop, followed by a stream of customers asking if they're open.

There'd also be more gross out humor like the donkey scene, forced "nerdy" arguments(Randall hates The Force Awakens and he gets into an argument with the customer about it) and unnecessary drama

Instead he's going to make Chasing Amy 2

Nah, listening to Kevin talk, it's really about stages of life.
Clerks 1 was about people who were 18-20 years old and had their life ahead of them.
Clerks 2 was the 30 year olds realizing they'd done nothing with their life and vowing to change.
Clerks 3 was supposed to be about the 40 year olds and determining what to do with 'the rest' of your life.
It's a message a lot of folks can probably relate to.

Hopefully he makes Tusk II

Ok Kevin, then what was the deal with Mallrats?

Ben affleck may need it after he became JUST

He was just talking about the clerks movies you faggot

I stand corrected.

That's too bad. I never thought Anderson would be that kind of guy. :/

Kill yourself faggot

>I never thought Anderson would be that kind of guy
Anderson refused to work with Kev for years, it's the reason Dante is in J&SB Strike back and he isn't. Anderson has always been a dick.

are you fucking retarded?

Want to give a reason why you're shooting off?

Probably because you're really fucking stupid

How? it's widely known about Jeff siding with his wife post Clerks and losing all his friends. He's a dick that bites the hand that feeds.

He's in it. he threatens to get a restraining order on jay and bob for loitering, then they argue whos the gay.

Jeff is literally in Jay and Bob Strike Back dude

>Jeff Anderson
He was in jay and silent bob strike back you stupid fuck.

I stand corrected. I remember something that Jeff turned down roles for years to be in Kev's movies.

You're stupid pathetic faggot user. Fuck yourself.

You're aggression to a minor mistake is hilarious, I bet your home life is a true joy

itt: kevin smith

90's born pieces of shit pretending they have a clue is my pet peeve

fuck yourself you old shit

This! The first two movies really impacted my life for this exact reason! I didnt really understand Clerks fully til I was about 20 and all of the things that were happening to the characters, were happening to me, in my own way of course. When clerks 2 came out, I was in my late 20's/early 30's and it fuckin killed me! everything Randel was feeling in the movie, I was dealing with. I was really looking forward to the third installment, mostly jsut to feel like I wasnt the only one who was still fucking up in life. oh well

I was born in the 80s. Sorry to burst your bubble

I hope he releases the script. I'm sure it'd be great to read. Does Kevin Smith have a public e-mail? I'll ask him to release that shit.

Why don't you shut the fuck up unless you actually know something?

settle down you old cuck, just horsin around

Can't tell if sarcasm or not...

There's a difference?

IMDB refugees are washing ashore.

Yes, you dumb fuck.

Clerks is the worst fucking garbage I've ever seen and God knows I'll never bother with the sequel.

Thank God this piece of shit is dead, fuck Kevin Smith in his bald spot.

I actually really liked Clerks: The Animated Series.
I thought you could take a joke, goddamn.

Why would it be sarcasm? Clerks is about directionless 20 year olds. Clerks 2 is about directionless 30 year olds. They're good films.

What's wrong with Clerks?

I thought the story was that Jeff was supposed to get more money from Clerks 2, and the studio dicked him over, and it never got resolved?...

>Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back was a fucking disaster
Uh, wasn't it supposed to be? It was retarded stoner humor in a movie about retarded stoners.

>goddamn.
fuck off nigger

The dialogue is cringey as fuck. The photography and the acting are atrocious. Its something that would get a C- as a school assignment, completely unacceptable as a """"serious""""" film.

I'm 95% sure this thread is just Kevin Smith on different proxies arguing with himself to feel relevant

>The dialogue is cringey as fuck

Is it? Can you cite some examples?

>The photography and the acting are atrocious
Is it? Can you cite some examples?

If you are a TESD fan you know that there is one and only one person who could replace Randal, and it's the man that was the inspiration for the character.

Brian Johnson

Tell em Steve Dave

He was doing a sequel called Mallbrats but that idea turned into a Mallrats TV series. So that might come out soon.

The whole fucking movie, literally. Why are you so mad? Are you Kevin Smith? I think naming your daughter Harley Quinn is the worst fucking cringe in history, so congrats on that.

Why can't Kevin Smith just stop existing
Poof no more shitty movies

Nope, couldn't find any backers for it

you are retarded

>The whole fucking movie

But what examples? We can't discuss anything if you don't list an example. What's cringy about:

VERONICA
To school. There's a seminar about
getting back into a scholastic
program after a lapse in enrollment.

DANTE
Can't we ever have a discussion
without that coming up?

VERONICA
It's important to me, Dante. You
have so much potential that just
goes to waste in this pit. I wish
you'd go back to school.

DANTE
Jesus, would you stop? You make my
head hurt when you talk about this.

VERONICA stands, letting DANTE'S head hit the floor.

DANTE
Shit! Why are we getting up?

VERONICA
Unlike you, I have a class in
forty-five minutes.

Looks like a conversation to me.
>mad
Who's mad? I'm talking to you about a film. For the record, naming his daughter that was pretty fucking stupid.

>tfw there will never another Dogma

Clerks is good, but Dogma is his masterpiece.

Go to bed, Kevin.

Jeff Anderson didn't even wanna do Clerks 2 because he said he didn't see the point. They had to convince him with more money then, so it probably means he would only do it for at least triple. I listen to most of the smodcasts and this Clerks 3 script was written like 5 years ago. I can't see it getting made unless Smith leaks it online and it got an overwhelming response, but I doubt that would happen because old grey she aint what she used to be. Brian Johnson would be awesone because hes a fat bastard but he is way too sad to do that shit. But who knows he still does nerd pawn stars. The next movie is Jay and silent REBoot but i thought it was supposed to be moose jaws but i dont know.

Not that guy, but if you're a really big fan of Clerks you'd know that Kevin himself talks about his failures in the commentary. He recalls filming Rosario Dawson's dance scene in a medium shot, when dance scenes are usually shot so that the audience can see her whole body, including the feet. He also talks about a crane shot when his wife is making out with the cashier guy on the swing set. He rarely moves his camera, and often puts only 2 characters in the frame while they talk back and forth.

nice argument.

Blame the Weinsteins for being jews

You talk as if I didn't think not backing the camera up while she was dancing wasn't a bad thing. At least we got to see her breasts bounce.

Dogma had it's moments.

I didn't say anything against dogma, I think it's very underrated.

Ok, don't call me a nigger.

Don't talk like a fucking nigger.

It doesn't matter what you think. You asked for examples, there are plenty. He's a very niche filmmaker that caters to a specific audience. Every time he goes out of his comfort zone he gets blown the fuck out like with Jersey Girl and Cop Out. Fucking Bruce Willis had to lecture the guy on camera lenses.

A lot of the fanservice involving nerd culture is appealing because I understand what they're talking about, but in terms of writing and dialogue who cares? What truly was the point of the star wars references in the movies? Do we really know more about Randall's character after we find out that he likes Star Wars more than Lord of the Rings? Does that information tell us about how Randall feels that he's getting older and still feels no direction?

>It doesn't matter what you think. You asked for examples, there are plenty

Yes. And I'm telling you I agree with you about the shot with the dancing. Keep up, man.

> What truly was the point of the star wars references in the movies?
In Clerks, just a scene where a video store clerk is shown to have an interest in films. In Clerks 2? Just nerdy shit in a talkie picture. The question was about cringe dialogue, and there's nothing cringe about the Star Wars stuff.

>Does that information tell us about how Randall feels that he's getting older and still feels no direction?

Nope. Things like Randall telling Elias he's gonna be his new best friend are. Little bits like that to culminate in this scene:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nux0R_pUqoU

No, that was to show you can still be a nerd and have a goal.
Telling how he felt came later when they were in the jail cell.

Addendum: Randall isn't the one who feels like he's got no direction. Dante is.

You did watch the movie...right? You're not talking about a film without having seen it, are you?

Jeez Louise

I like watermelons, fat white chicks and fried chicken.

Holy shit, Kevin Smith really does lurk on Sup Forums

With that in mind:
Sup Forums might be more of your thing.

yeah sig heil motherfuckers

get OUT of my BOAAAAARD kevin smith!!