Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bl5TUw7sUBs&index=1&list=RDbl5TUw7sUBs
youtube.com/watch?v=gXB84fpWzg8
youtube.com/watch?v=bl5TUw7sUBs&list=RDbl5TUw7sUBs&index=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sup Forums when the (you)'s came.

I'm watching TNG for the first time and just got to this episode the other night. Cracked me up. Like how could that be even a remotely efficient language? How the fuck could people who communicate like that figure out space travel?

>he said, posting on the board that invented baneposting and all its derivatives

Hiro when the server crashed

reminder that the pakled got into space by making things go

Their written language is probably totally different than their spoken one. The little book Picard picked up showed a much more technical language than the spoken language.

memes are a efficient language
who's to say memes will be the language of the future

Moot when the strap-on was inserted

All language is memes; some are just more abstract than others.

Bogdanoff, when the rundown was quick.

Bogdanoffs, their rundown quick, their pill swallowed.

why is S5 the best season of tng?

Daily reminder

>Darmok threads
>Holodeck Degeneracy threads
>Transporting Is Murder threads
Are these the holy trinity of /trek/ threads for casuals making low-quality posts?

Daily reminder that pretentious faggots think they're intellectually superior? Thanks.

akootchymoya

the end of this episode where picard is looking out of the window made me tear up actually.
just finished cardassian torture ep. pretty good
YOU
ARE
SIX
YEARS
OLD

Great lines from that:
"How rewarding it must be now to repay others for all those years of misery."
"Her belly may be full but her spirit is empty"
"What lights?

"you called me picard"

CIA when the plane crashed.

Trump and America, when the Wall rose. Mexico's wallet wide open.

I watched a fucking abysmal TNG episode last night. Dr. Crusher attended the funeral of her grandmother, whereupon she discovered a rapist astral creature that had been cucking the males in her family for generations. She ends up getting fingered by him but then they break the magic lamp that gave him corporeal form so he died.

This is Season 7. There's no excuse for episodes like this anymore.

The Wall, 10 feet higher.

Season 7 is dogshit except for about 4 episodes.

Ro is best girl in tng

>Season 7 is dogshit except for about 4 episodes.

I'm glad it ended after watching the coda of "Emergence".

If you watch Stewart and McFadden, they both are just pretending to look at this fake intelligence thing that formed from the Enterprise computer and reading their lines as though they want to get out of their immediately.

You can tell the show was getting fatigued by then.

>Like how could that be even a remotely efficient language? How the fuck could people who communicate like that figure out space travel?
What part of it is inefficient other than that you don't understand it because it isn't your language?

Bane on the plane with the mask

Bashir's parents did literally nothing wrong.

Shut your mouth scrub, Darmok is the episode that keeps on giving.

youtube.com/watch?v=bl5TUw7sUBs&index=1&list=RDbl5TUw7sUBs

welcome back

The illegals, their tears ending California's drought

That was my first star trek episode I caught late at night. Having been interested in star trek before then I was pretty pissed thinking i'd been lied to by the internet, watched most of season 1 the next day to get the record straight. I guess I owe that shit episode something then.

yeah memes, are technically units of culture

>Transporting Is Murder
This was how I first got into trek.

Meeseeks, his life long

That's just sheer bad luck. From 725 possible episodes you stumbled upon one of the top 5 worst episodes. Possibly only "Plato's Stepchildren" and "The one with the space Irish" are worse.

If their language has all the words necessary to describe their allegorical stories, why don't they just use those words instead? It makes no fucking sense

>it's a universal translator doesn't work because reasons even though that's how all languages function and the universal translator shouldn't be able to work for any unknown language episode

Don't forget the holo-Irish.

youtube.com/watch?v=gXB84fpWzg8

thanks for reminding me of this

universal translators in scifi shows never make any fucking sense

it's just something you have to not think about

Or the one with the Q war represented as the American civil war for some daft as fuck reason.

but it was working, we just didnt know their memes

worst tng episodes:
space irish
the child
violations
the clipshow at the end of S2
almost all of S7

>I am as cute as a ball

Saw this in the other thread.
youtube.com/watch?v=bl5TUw7sUBs&list=RDbl5TUw7sUBs&index=1

Who has more of this ridiculous type of thing.

>Janeway: "I would do anything to get my crew home."
>Q: "Have sex with me and I'll take your crew home."
>Janeway: "But I won't do that."
What did she mean by this?

Also, Voyager Q episodes seemed to forget about the episode True Q.
>Quinn wants to die, Q objects that no Q has ever died, forgetting that Amanda Roger's parents were killed by the other Q
>Q wants to have the first Q baby ever, forgetting that Amanda Rogers was a Q baby
Fucking Voyager.

she developed a scale fetish after that ride with Tom

Im pretty sure the voyager writers handnt watched every tng episode. I don't think the writers in the later seasons had even watched every episode of voyager.

>deep shit 9
>literally an action series for kids who like explosions

Dummy.

keep on keepin' on, actionbabbyanon

That would be funny if it wasn't true.

Worth checking out the rest of pogo's channel really, he nails the emotions of many tv shows/movies using a remix from said move/show.

Abbott and Costello on Earth.

Holy shit, I thought that Star Trek video sounded familiar. I've only ever seen one of his other vids and that was the Alice one 9 years ago.

>DS9 fan shits on TNG

I've never seen this before, got me thinking there

>computer load program picard_fetish.exe
>computer lock holodeck doors
>computer, Johnson's Baby Oil and a box of tissues
>computer
>...
>add one more light

Yeah he's pretty damn unique. Probably avoid unless you want unforgettable tunes pasted into your long term memory.

shhh, you'll anger the locals

Gillen, his stance wide.

>DS9 fan shits on TNG
It's all they do in Trek threads

Any holodeck episode.

How can TNG spend 15 years crooning over Data becoming a sentient being, yet it happens in the holodeck and know one gives a fuck?

Think of the hologram doctor, run him for a couple of years [BOOM] sentient. No one cares.

Those Data expressions were pretty fucking great

Voyager does like 3 different measure of a man ripoff episodes that don't acknowledge each other.

There's loads of possibilities:

>Words determine perception, it's called linguistic relativity, and they may not know how
>They're proud fucks and refuse to learn

Larry when became the ass

that episode is so fucking good. I finished all of TNG like two weeks ago and I'm so fucking depressed. I miss the crew.

Have you watched DS9 yet? It's got O'Brien and Worf, and a lot of the rest will grow on you.

ITT: a bunch of nerds fap to old shitty tv shows and movies

You could have warned me before I watched this. Now I'm gonna have this stuck in my head all week.

Transporting is canonically murder and every ody knows it but everyone is too enlightened by their own intelligence to care.

I know right? 173467321476C32789777643T732V73117888732476789764376 is such an ear worm.

LOCK

That's not how transporting works in the Star Trek universe. You arrive on the other end made up of the exact same atoms. You're the original, not a copy.

why would you post this picture REEEEEEE

It still kills you.

The good men like you stay on the job.. driving the chaff; the ungodly, away from the righteous.

Just started watching the original series for the first time. How come I never see any Janice-posting? She's clearly the top Star Trek waifu from what I've seen.

The writers make the rules, not you. And they say that you're wrong.

TOS is filed with all the best waifus.

Not even close, not even in the top ten.

Now I have a reason to post my top TOS bitches.

In the same sense you're technically dead if your heart stops, but then you're revived. Now picture that revival technique being risk free.

>there will never be a sequel to this episode
Fucking hacks, go explore the Andromeda galaxy in the next Star Trek.

wisslp?

TOS would have had explosions if they could afford it.

>Bashir's parents did literally nothing wrong.

This is objectively wrong in terms of future stories as we see similar methods of genetically engineering your children created spergs of elite tier status but dangerous and marginalized by their own lack of social cohesion.

Finally, JJ made star trek watchable!

Bashir proves there are other augments who are passing. His life as a retard would have been pretty much the same if he was in the augment ward or the regular retard ward.

>MEESA SHCOTT, WE A HAVE LED ARERT!