It's another "user watches Dazed & Confused and subsequently spends the rest of night considering suicide" episode

>it's another "user watches Dazed & Confused and subsequently spends the rest of night considering suicide" episode

why would that movie make a person ponder suicide

What about it makes you consider suicide user?

>it's an user tells everyone that is trying to help him that he is self-employed and is doing fine but in reality he is living our of his savings and his money is slowly running out episode

What about that movie makes you, a person, ponder suicide user?

Not sure how to explain it or if you'll understand, but I guess it's because it reminds me of everything I failed to accomplish while in High School and how long it's been since I've graduated.

To understand beyond that you'd need to know more of my circumstance which I'm not going to explain for obvious reasons.

>everything I failed to accomplish while in High School

so you watched a movie, made by adults, portraying children producing behaviors imposed by adults, with actors, who were adults, acting as if they were children

>movies are real in any kind of valid personal context

Why would the actors', producers' and writers' age be relevant in any capacity?

I too am horribly depressed as soon as the credits roll after I watch 70s/80s youth movies

Youth today are paranoid as fuck, there's just no chance the type of hijinks portrayed could ever happen again
>sex? Nope, don't want to get pregnant or an STI
>alcohol? Nope, don't want to do anything stupid or get taken advantage of
>drugs? Nope, don't want to get addicted
>going outside at night? Nope, don't want to get raped or robbed
and so on. Social media has made everyone extremely aware of everything bad that could possibly happen and it's made adventure of any sort that those movies depict impossible

Sadly this

user that was years ago. fuck it only the present matters.

stop giving a fuck you fucker

Yeah I can't watch high school college movies anymore either. I know I missed all the awesome milestones of youth. No autist telling me "it's a movie bro stop using social media bro" will convince me against what I know.

>kino makes you remember your misspent youth and your lack of real relationships with literally anyone

stop giving a shit

>basing your adulthood on high school bullshit

Yeah, the present in which the scars of my unfulfilled and wasted youth appear every day.

You don't understand the range of skills High School teaches you until you spend it fucking around in your room, graduate, go to college, and realize you different you are from your peers.

>not being different since day 1
faggot

Well too bad faggot, killing yourself isn't a "way back machine"

>lmao DUDE IT DOESN'T MATTER LMAO JUST STOP CARING XD

You don't understand. You can't understand. You won't try to understand. You're just jumping to the most convenient conclusion.

If you take pride in being different you're clearly not different enough, not as different as me.

nigga please i did nothing but play vidya every day in high school with online friends with no actual friends at all (eating-lunch-in-the-bathroom tier)

now im basically a fucking normie

its not hard to teach yourself how to socialize or do whatever the fuck else you're talking about

>is too fucking stupid to consider that HS apathy and withdrawal can have lingering consequences
I didn't have friends in HS. I never learned how to talk to people and maintain relationships, not IRL or on the Internet.

In several important aspects I'm socially retarded and if you've ever tried starting a career, you'd understand just how critical it is to have connections and know how to network.

Without those skills, really your only chance at success is to be a fucking genius at something or infinite intrinsic motivation.

Well I spent HS with no friends at all, not online or IRL.

man the fuck up and quit being a bitch

Killing yourself is a lot harder than you expect it to be desu. I wouldn't recommend it.

>>lmao DUDE IT DOESN'T MATTER LMAO JUST STOP CARING XD
it doesn't though, you're going out of your way tearing yourself to pieces and judging yourself based on irrelevant bullshit.

It makes me want to road trip.

Nice advice. Appreciated.

Not really. Watching movies like Dazed & Confused wouldn't hurt so bad if my circumstances had improved, but they haven't, because once you forget how to interact with people and maintain conversations and relationships there's no way to just re-learn it and no one's going to teach you.

oh woe is me
im sure wallowing is a better solution rather than doing something productive with your time to make yourself a better and more interest person so you can make friends

where does one gain friends at the age of 23?

Dude. I honestly couldn't care less about you or what you do with your life.
But that's bs.

Of course you can learn that if you applied yourself. You could probably find support groups for spergs like yourself to meet other spergs and discuss loli and pissbottles. You're just lazy shit.

Hating yourself won't solve anything and people are way more fucked up than you think, at worst some people you socialize with will think you're a little weird, and if you've ever actually been capable of socializing it's not exactly hard to figure out again. Your problem is beating yourself up about shit that doesn't fucking matter and acting like you've got some unsolvable problem. Lift weights to get your balls or at the very least your self esteem back.

School and work are the big 2.
And if you're too proud of being NEET: look around for some local organisations or clubs that caters to your interests.

>watch almost famous
>tfw you will never tour with a band at the height of the 70s and just be a pure hedonist
why even live

This. Also, just be yourself and hike yourself up by your bootstraps, nothing goes further than a strong handshake.

You're not saying anything interesting or new.

Just because I decided to spend an hour here doesn't mean I'm not productive in other hours of the day. You're assuming bullshit because it's convenient for you.

When I'm not busy with Uni, I'm teaching myself a second language, teaching myself how to make games, volunteering, going to shows (music), exploring music, and writing.

I do plenty of shit that's productive.

None of it compensates for lack of interpersonal skills and if you weren't so bent on giving me a reactionary condemnation maybe you'd realize that not every sad sack on this website isn't trying to better themselves and escape their circumstance.

But you'd rather go with whatever assumption is most convenient and the least challenging to the neat narrative you've already accepted.

You couldn't possibly be more of a disingenuous shit.

Do you have any idea what a fucking loser you are?

graduated school with 0 friends since I minded my own business and my job if you can call it that is filled with 50-60 year olds.

different user reporting. Once you missed your peak it all goes downhill from there. You'll just spend your whole time trying to catch up without being able to and being disappointed. My advice is to just not care about friends at all. What little nostalgia you can muster over things you really never truly experienced is still sweeter than what you can get now. If you're just starting college you might have time left, but if you're past that or you don't go to college, you're fucked. Time to find meaning in nothing. I recommend reading up on Kierkegaard.

>discuss loli and pissbottles
Oh, there it goes again! More disinterested and intellectually dishonest assumptions because they're convenient to your thoughtless, reactionary narrative.

And there it is, the final stage.

At first, you condemn me saying I'm a lazy sperg but when I turn the tables and unveil that I'm trying to improve not only myself but my community, you resort to vapid, one-line insults to obscure the fact that you've no legitimate retort to what I just fucking said.

damn you guys are fucking faggots, guaranteed i have a worse existence than you too.

pretty weak desu, clearly a highschooler who comes here "for the funny memes"

Go get in a car crash, retard. Sup Forums isn't your blog

>im trying to better myself but i still cry about not having "interpersonal skills" online
if you were really trying to better yourself you'd be trying to fix the flaws you see in yourself, but instead you take the "if you didnt make it in high school you're fucked" route. must be really easy to give up huh? you must enjoy being a sadsack since you seem to have no intention of fixing the root cause

I know self-hatred is a waste of time. I do it much less often that I used to.

None of the shit you suggest helps. It is lazy, disinterested advice from people who give advice because they feel obligated to and/or want to feel better about themselves, like they've some insight or solution when they've nothing to contribute but elementary "just b urself" bullshit that helps no one.

Maybe you shouldn't have minded your own business? And there's always box number 3. There's got to be some local org that you could join up with to discuss GoT, vidya, Sup Forums, or whatever else you might like.

fuck you then, I have it way worse off than you do and that's how I managed to get over myself but you just want to be a whiny little pseudo intellectual cunt.

I told you the problems I see in myself, and if you cared enough to remember what they were instead of sticking to your fucking narrative, you'd understand that the activities I just fucking told you about are CLEARLY meant to help fix those problems.

>I go to shows
>I volunteer
Both social activities. Both present constant opportunities for interacting with others, which is what I told you is my problem.

You are full of such fucking shit it's unbelievable.

Do you even realize how no one gives a shit about you at all? You could disappear tomorrow, and everything would go on, probably at a much more productive rate, too

>I have it way worse than you do
Yep, because in the 30 minutes we've spoke ITT you've gained a crystal clear vision of my circumstance and existence.

Absolutely.

as an impartial observer I get his point more than yours right now. You should say what makes or made your situation as bad as you say it is or was, for context.

He's baiting you. He probably has sooper aids and want to tell you so hard.

Please explain how you have it so bad then since you've already blogged about everything else.

drugs

so why the fuck are you here shitting up the putrid remains of a film & television board? self-pity is disgusting especially when its public. you're probably in your twenties now, and soon you're gonna be in your thirties, and soon you're gonna be dead, and i wonder how much of that you're gonna spend whining about >muh highschool

what a shit way to measure a life. tomorrow everything would go on?

tomorrow would go on if every last human being on earth died, as well.

einstein, mozart, newton, name your idea of the greatest man to have ever lived, and they have at most, what, a thousand years left of recognition before humanity is wiped out?

who gives a fuck what humanity thinks, they are a suicidal bunch of retards who fucked the earth and are soon to be extinct.

no life has any inherent worth.

you, the person who wrote that post, are as much garbage as me, no matter how much better than anyone else you think you are.

and when we both die we will be completely equal.

this is the only real answer. Happiness only goes downhill and the hunger for it only increases the more you obtain. The only way close to being able to keep a consistent stream of it is drugs, so you might as well artificially induce as much happiness in you as possible before inevitably dying alone. That's not a dig at you OP either, by the way, it's just that everyone dies alone. In every single human life before drugs, periods of pain, fear, or boredom outweighed the moments of happiness. All lives were at a net negative and the only thing that kept us anchored to the Earth was fear of death.

>Maybe you shouldn't have minded your own business?
how do you even approach strangers these days? I don't live in a big city so these local organizations don't exist and even if they did an outsider coming into an already established group of people will get me nowhere

>blogged
Holy shit. People ITT said I do nothing but sit on my ass and whine so I told them that I don't and now I'm in the wrong? You are such an intellectual deficient reactionary shit it's unbelievable.

The idea that I'd share more with you at this point after you've gone to such lengths to demonstrate that you'll stick to your neat narrative is ridiculous.

This was supposed to be a Dazed and Confused thread.

I thought it was obvious why that kind of movie might make someone want to kill themselves, but I guess this board has changed more than I know, and I had to explain the source of my emotion.

But holy shit off with this "why are you entertaining self-pity at 1 in the morning on a friday night" bullshit. I already told one person to. As though I can't fucking spend one night out of thirty venting, and as though self-pity was ever the purpose of this thread in the first place. It was meant to be maudlin and sentimental, sure, but fucking self-loathing.

You people turned it into self-loathing when you started asking me this shit.

I watched Everybody Wants Some and thought it was complete shit, should I watch Dazed & Confused?

*but not fucking self-loathing

>It's a user watches bridge to terabithia and heart sinks because he knows he will never experience innocent young love with a cute quirky girl who likes reading books

Can you afford therapy? Most people have other people in their lives to vent towards and its understandable someone without friends wouldn't have that luxury, but what about a paid professional? Do you put any stock in that industry? Or, to you, is hiring a psychologists looking to genuinely vent like hiring a prostitute for an emotional sexual experience?

LOL this was supposed to be just a dazed and confused thread? no self-pity intended at all? that's why you wrote about wanting to kill yourself and posted a feels picture instead of anything related to the film, right? give me a break

shitty self-pity threads masked as actual film-related threads are, among many other things, the reason this is probably the worst board on Sup Forums

Great cop out, seems to me you don't actually have any real issues worth being such a whiny piece of shit over. So unless you went through some Elizabeth Fritzl~esque torture you should just off yourself.

anyone on this kind of a forum saying the kind of things he's saying would be a red flag in my firm for a possibly serious, warped state of mind

You sure you just don't know about them?
My home town of 20k inhabitants has a shitload of them. From art to film to /tg/ to hardcore punk.
And there's no study circles for you to join? Or if you have a political interest you could join a party.

Contrary to popular belief, most people aren't assholes. If someone new where to come and check out some club or whatever, they will probably be warm and welcoming as long as you don't act like an asshole. And if they're not, you don't have to go back.

I've been on this shitty site for far too long and I've seen plenty of people who don't really have any problems but are convinced their lives aren't salvageable, that they are broken or whatever the fuck

I've considered therapy but the way I see it I'm going to live and die alone so if I can't manage that I intend to kill myself before hitting 30. It's not about self-hatred.

Yeah. I wanted to know how common the emotions I expressed in the OP were, and I wanted to find some other movies like it. I haven't actually watched Dazed & Confused in months because I understand what it fucking does to me and I'm trying to do that less often.

Dude I'm at the point where I hardly even remember what high school was like. Even college life is becoming a blur. You can't be very old where you still have regrets from that part of your life.

Don't know what that first film is. But watch D&C.

>teenagers don't have fuck or fuck around because of social media
wew

Yes and so with only a glimpse into my circumstance you think it's appropriate to lump me in with everyone else.

I'm glad you've at least admitted that you've done nothing but peddle whatever lazy assumption fits most neatly into your narrative.

It's nice to be finally done with you.

So? What's your fucking point? When did I bring up my age? Is this post anything but "Hey, look at me! My circumstance is worse than yours AND I'm older than you!" bullshit?

If it is, I'm having trouble seeing it.

wat

the thing has the properties of being a flick dude cease implementing human to human internet communication dude

Same director/writer and people draw a lot of similarities between the two

You still haven't mentioned why your problems are so bad, do you have some horrible trauma in your past that justifies the disrespectful way you've been acting?

KEK
E
K

My own circumstance is fine. I'm just making an observation that you can't be very old if you still cling to regrets from high school, and that those regrets will pass in time.

Have you been outside even once in your life?

>disrespectful way you've been acting
What the fuck are you talking about?

The only problem I've mentioned ITT is that I don't know how to interact with people.

They won't pass until you stop living with their scars.

Like tears in rain.

>The only problem I've mentioned ITT is that I don't know how to interact with people.
So is that it? Is that you're only issue, no terrible trauma in your life?

You're not doing a good job of hiding your disinterest and ulterior motives right now. It's apparent to myself and everyone else that your only intent in this discussion is to turn this into some elementary, ill-conceived my-life-sucks contest.

>Just post your life story on Sup Forums, bro, but be sure to keep it all below two thousand characters!

So you haven't had any traumatic experiences? I'm genuinely curious.

And yet you persist with your adolescent bullshit as though all afflictions and conditions are comparable and quantifiable through convenient little "my-life-sucks" units (MLS for short).

I'm sure you're genuinely curious. Keep being genuinely curious.

Best threat on Sup Forums.

I really don't know why you're being so aggressive.

If you said you were had some illness like schizoid PD it'd give people ITT some perspective

Do you even know what a schizoid is?

How the fuck would saying I'm a schizoid give people clarity into what I've been saying? How would saying I'm a schizoid outweigh the detailed fucking "blogging" that I've already done?

You care more about how many buzzword memental diseases I can rattle off in a sentence than what I've already fucking posted.

And I'm angry because I wanted to spend my Friday night talking about feelings and movies on a fucking anonymous imageboard but couldn't because disinterest shits like you can't help but see someone like me and feel obligated to heap onto them the whole of your fucking ignorant bullshit bile because we're all just cleanly cut stereotypes to you.

We're not people. We're just spergs who piss in bottles, fap to loli and don't do a goddamn thing trying to escape our circumstance because that's the most convenient reality for fucks like you who'd rather be the first to condemn someone to your sheet of assumed crimes.

That's why I'm fucking angry.

>Do you even know what a schizoid is?
Yes, what do you think it is?

Why?

Why is that relevant?

Again, just like when you tried turning this into a my-life-sucks contest, you're trying to escape the current discussion.

Well if you were a schizoid it'd give people perspective on your frustration with your inability to socialize and maybe offer possible solutions outside of the typical stuff that people with something simpler like a low self esteem may have.

Things like schizoid or avoidant personality disorders are actually real, serious issues.

>this autism and rage
>this typing style
>those hobbies

this all seems very familiar

hey unty. you should come back to Sup Forums

>its an user watches a really great art/indie film than IMDB's the director and see's he's younger than himself

staring at the mirror for a few minutes helps

>than

>I do plenty of shit that's productive.

>make games
>going to shows
>exploring music
>writing

Dude there are a lot of things to feel awkward about regarding your teens, but you have to understand that dazed and confused is an indulgent, masturbatory crock. Richard Linklater took his vague memories as a small child in the 70's and pooped out one last nostalgia romp for all of the boomers.

Linklater is the Kirk Cameron of Gen X movies; an unreliable, nostalgic, potsmoking idiot who makes obnoxious, rambling sagas based around vapid teenage boys.

Did you spend time with your friends at any point in high school, user? All of my best memories at that time had nothing to do with school and everything to do with spending time with my best (and often only) friend.

It frustrates me that you would beat yourself up over this movie in particular. It's just such a load of shit.