Who /spiritual but not religious/ here? I know it's a meme but it's also true. The mainstream religions (cuckstainity...

Who /spiritual but not religious/ here? I know it's a meme but it's also true. The mainstream religions (cuckstainity, pisslam, etc.) are all wrong but God and soul and such is definitely real.
Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I started meditating when tulpas were big on /x/. Tulpa was a load a horseshit but meditation is pretty dope.

The rational voice in you tells you that God is a fairytale, but their will always be a part of us that wishes/desires for more than just this fragile existence, and that's okay. Those who foolishly believe scoundrels and base their lives on the lies of others are only seeking ruination.

Atheism is a merchant meme.
Spirituality is a human need, in my opinion.

God is real though. Stop browsing reddit

The Ultimate red pill is Atheism followed by Nihilism. We are insignificant dust compared to the scale of the universe. The actions we take in our lifetime will be largely ignored and no matter how much you try you will be eventually forgotten in the passing of time. We are not special. Once you understand that and accept it, you can truly begin to live.

So... are you animist?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animism

Pantheism is kind of interesting.

I enjoy meditation and some forms of ritual, but real belief in the supernatural doesn't make sense to me.

I've seen atheists calling priest before death.
Just in case...
It's easier to be an atheist in safe space.

It's part of reality so explore it how you like but there's a lot of bullshit out there to be skeptical of too.

Yup, I know your feeling German-bro.

No doubt in my mind that all religions here on Earth are all created by man, often to control people for various reasons.

I do believe in "a God", not that of any religion. Also I believe there lies something beyond. However I also believe it's pointless worrying so much about it. All we should do in this life, is put good into the world

I also believe that some religions good outweigh their bad. Most people are too weak, and wont do good things unless they are told they are going to burn in hell or whatever if they don't. So I somewhat see it as a necessary evil.

I feel the exact opposite. I don't think souls or God are real, but I think Christianity is a good thing.

>spiritual but not religious

Ah the old cliche of every suburban 20 something white girl who is trying to shake off guilt.

Religions to hard to fall but she still feels bad for acting the way she does

"Spiritualism democratizes the transcendent.

Whenever I read that I imagine it's said with a lisp.

Sounds more like a deist or theist.

We're all part of the universal energy - there is a collective consciousness that thrives in that energy

It's not my fault all the interesting gods and their cults died thousands of years ago.

Yeah man, I, like, like God and, like, everything, just I don't like all those rules I disagree with, you know?

Pass the bong, brah

Hear, hear, OP.

Chop wood, carry water.

>I don't think souls or God are real
>Christianity is a good thing
By what measure? If you believe in the metaphysical good it seems illogical to not believe in God

religious and spiritual are virtually synonyms so long as their is no proper noun sitting atop your religiousness.

i am spiritual, i am religious, but any reasonably educated person can see the faults and flaws in any manmade dogmas, and therefore, think strict adherance to any one in particular is foolhardy.

fuck you and your reductions.

guilt has a biological basis, not a holy book basis.

if we didnt feel badly for doing certain things, altruism fails, and if altruism fails, humans fail as we rely on social support.

dont be a dweeb.
and again, fuck your reductions.

I believe in Mankind. I believe in Humanity. I believe in the Immortal God-Emperor of Mankind. My faith gives me strength.

>2016
>Not being into Rinzai mode.

literally "I'm too degenerate to follow the traditions of a real religion but also scared of dying": The Ideology

The Bible, Torah, etc. are absurd read as anything other than allegory. Allegory that's valuable but largely relevant to the time in which it was written.

The notion of just happening upon this relatively (compared to how old the universe is) infinitesimal 70 year blip of consciousness is also absurd, if life goes from "nonexistence" to "the eternal void." That's like winning the lottery 5,000 times.

Consciousness extending beyond our current material understanding seems like an intuitive truth to me. I just feel it deep in my bones, that death isn't "the end."

/x/- Sup Forums Edition?
My kind of thread.
Share your most amazing expiriences.
I have a few. Lets start with a short one.

>meditate
>concentrate very well
>this_is_it
>get a raging boner
>imense amount of energy rushes upwards starting from the base-chakra
>it stays at my chest level and is rushing inside me like wild water
>feels so fucking good
that happend 2 times, both times that was 3rd eye meditation.
I have more if there is intrest

reddit

"No."

I just think a God is illogical. The order and morals set in place by Christianity are good, and should be followed. I don't pray or do any religious worship, I only follow Christian doctrine.

i think God is but a metaphor for all that seems divine.

the reason be spiritual or fluidly religious is my preference to any one creed is because the idea of an all-loving, forgiving god is highly idealistic and is impossible to actualize in a world of suffering.

this is why the cults of ancient egypt, among many pagan religions, are more interesting to me, because they recognize chaos, death, suffering, and hardship ALSO as elements of humanity's divine experience and dont seek placation at the sanitized hands of monotheism.

existence is chaotic and insurmountable, so worship Apep.

existence is glorious, affirming, and unifying, so also worship Ra.

(again these names are but metaphors for elements of human experience, but a mindfulness for the transcendant will only serve you well, in whatever metaphors you choose, because there is something strange, spooky, and sweet about existing, even if you can never QUITE put your grubby little primate thumbs on it)

yes. where did that big bang come from? etc do shift me to the oppinion that there must be something. perhaps I did too much acid to believe there is a god as described in the scripture untill now.

mah nigga

>guilt has a biological basis
citation needed

>if we didnt feel badly for doing certain things
tyrone did not feel bad about robbing a store. He claims he dindu nuffin. Obongo McJunior was hungry and cannibalizes his own son, which is deemed acceptable in Africa. He did not feel guilt over it.

>there are no religions but cuckstianity, pisslam and kikism
true spirituality has a long tradition.

>The order and morals set in place by Christianity are good
Again by what measure

>I just think a God is illogical
How so? Logic doesn't mean what you think it means

>The order and morals set in place by Christianity are good,
why are they good?

but you believe, and belief gives strength through spirituality.

in fullhearted agreement, btdubs

fuck meant to add this picture

I'm a millenial Russian living in the future year of 2016, familia, why in the world would i ever take up Rinzai.

Taking up cultural baggage of whatever practice you're doing isn't the best thing you do, because you're bound to gett it all backwards. It's like people that take up Yoga and start spouting a lot of misinterpreted sanskrit words.

Like fucking people who say they practice Yoga and then explain Karma as celestial police/direct cause and effect

What i'm saying is, if you're doing some disciplinal practice, the more barebones it is, the better.

Don't be a fucking weaboo wearing a kimono every time you sit down to zazen, that's being supremely confused.

The night my stepdad had a sudden heart attack and plopped dead, I had this weird dream where we were chatting and settling some of out differences. Only the next day I heard about his passing. The most cliche reddit-tier "spiritual experience" ever but I swear to god it happened.

>existence is chaotic and insurmountable, so worship Apep.
>existence is glorious, affirming, and unifying, so also worship Ra.
That's not how they practised this. Look into Hinduism

I totally agree, but with one point.
I was thinking that way before spiritual expiriences.
I am not sure about Gods, but I am sure about spirits.
So Gods are very powerfull spirits maybe? Also with a hirarchy.
Makes sense to me...

I cringed pretty hard at that. Kill yourself.

Spiritual but not religious its like woodo or something, huh?

>projection
Never said that, Klaus. But what those religions and all the other real ones have in common is that practicing them takes more investment on your part than indolent naval gazing and occasional pseudo-philosophical shitposting.

>literally "I'm too degenerate to follow the traditions of a real religion but also scared of dying": The Ideology

mmm, i sure bet the people that draw Christ-chan pictures are observant and pious as fuck.

okay hows this for a citation....

all emotions are in your brain

your brain is biological

guilt is an emotion

guilt is biological

>dont be dense

id argue that even if your racist epigrams were true, even if those folks didnt claim to feel guilty, there were mental repercussions to their behaviour

since you seem to be a christfag, ill use the catholic terminology of "noetic effect" of sin

when one commits sin, it changes their thought process, makes them less trusting and more cynical of others due to a self-awareness to their own aptitude for cruelty.

hell is a metaphor for the isolated soul, which is a terrible place to be in, AGAIN, because humans are social and need others for support

even if those niggers tried to be badass and say, fuck it all, i dont feel guilty, i guarantee you that any action an individual takes affects their brain, and those racistly cited individuals would suffer isolation and a lack of trust in humanity due to their actions

Actually I'm not into Buddhism, but I realised that some practical Rinzai teachings are interesting, especially oriented to forge a man instead of subjugating him under mistic and sectarian beliefs.

>inb4 Musashi

id agree with the description of gods as powerful spirits, and furthermore, people who have an experience with any god or gods, are having a particularly intense spiritual experience

i dont believe in any gods literally, i just think they are mythic metaphors that help us spin an oral and written and visual tradition of a spiritual existence

so i guess we agree? haha

I never said the same mentality wasn't also present in people who ostensibly follow real religions

Tulpas can exist but not to the extent that /x/ wants you to believe. It's just a manifestation of thought. It cannot interact with anything in the real world. The trick is that the Tulpa "enters" their reality when they believe it does. Since reality for the individual is formed solely through thought and perception.

Well, in this case you can really say its coinsidence s:
I wouldnt be sure in this case.
One more from me:
>be in uni
>tired while class
>try to fall in halfsleep
>realize I am in a trance after seeing a female eye(I saw it before quite often, might be just a thought)
>this time it was extremly clear as it was realy, also with makeup and with the surrounding skin(unlike before)
>it gets sad, looks like it feels pain as it disapears
>see a long string of equations(I study physics)
>examine them,
>see them go away from me a little but not to far, looks like I am looking at it from a sitting a perspective and lean back on the chair
>return to conciousness
>look at neighbors sheet of paper
>I saw his fucking equasions
>mfw I accidently did astral projection(uncontrolled though)

They are good because they promote the kind of lifestyle that is family-centered, community-fostering, and they keep everyone at an attainable, yet strict, standard.

The reason I say a God is illogical is because the evidence pointing towards one is extremely thin.

What the swede said.

I am 'spiritual' to a degree, although not to the point where it overtakes my life. Mainly I just meditate.

>all emotions are in your brain
is there free will then?

>even if those niggers tried to be badass and say, fuck it all, i dont feel guilty, i guarantee you that any action an individual takes affects their brain, and those racistly cited individuals would suffer isolation and a lack of trust in humanity due to their actions
>living in a bubble my fellow burger?
Some cultures had much different ideas to what you should feel guilty about, whether it is wrought by chemical states in the brain. And some of these cultures have lived on for years. You can take the Aztecs for example, they had no guilt when ripping a heart out of a baby to sacrifice to their god.

Spirituality is a half step do the soul. A way to rid ones self of the hypocrisy of a universalist religion in an imperfect world.

Problem is, ditch the Jew gods, and you're still in an imperfect world.

Your pic had it right though. Go hard polytheism.

i dont know much about how they actually practiced it, but thats less of a concern for me

i am more interested in acknoweleding that a generally homogenous culture believed in both gods of chaos and gods of order, which is a telling metaphor for human experience

and i shall look more into hinuism, but if you have any info about the practices of egyptians, id be much obliged to hear you out, kind aryan brother

And that is good why?

That's not what illogicl means.
>the evidence pointing towards one is extremely thin
How so?

>They are good because they promote the kind of lifestyle that is family-centered, community-fostering, and they keep everyone at an attainable, yet strict, standard.
Is this good by a universal standard? And you are assuming that societal benefit is good in the first place, or at least better than personally driven gain.

>Atheism is a merchant meme.

good goy, pay no attention to all abrahamic religions being jewish plots to unite or divide as needed for ruling.

Yes, we do.

Do you own a fedora?
Ever heard of celebrations, meditation etc.?

Only leftists are "I am pagan XXXDDD"
Its a serious religion.

>God is real though.
in what form?

Actually, it is all very simple.

Simultaneously one and ten thousand,
forever dying and being born again,
parts remember, parts forget
not either or, but both and

You are part of all, and you are all.
What thoughts and actions you take will be returned, just as every effect has a cause.

Yet, when we stop adding causes, the que begins to shorten, and the effects take their course until there are no more causes.

Then there is balance.

I would like to look further into this matter.

Share more information, if you have, please.

/interesting thread

user here not supporting Christianity because I believe the Bible to have been Re-written to support the Jew.

Spiritual some what and believe in science. Also Nihilism is cool.

>free will
I'll quote the late great Christopher Hitchens when asked "Do you believe in Free Will?"

He said, "Do I have a choice?"

this funny little bit of irony shows that whether or not anyone has genuine free will, we at least have some illusion of free will that makes it a virtual reality.

i personally dont think we have complete free will, because we are products of our surroundings and peers, BUT we also have the ability to shape our surroundings and shape our peers, so there certainly seems to be some element of agency in all of us

and just because emotions are in your brain, doesnt mean you have to ACT on all of your emotions, and this self-control over our more animal natures, again, shows a degree of free will

>guilt is culturally subjective
yes certainly, i agree with you here
but two things
1) the Aztecs literally thought they were keeping the sun in the sky and gaining fruitful harvests through their heart-ripping-outing, so why would they feel guilty? this is clearly a greater good, if they actually believed it, as im sure that they did
2) are the aztecs around? no, because cruel cultures tend to not exist as long as, or be as successful as liberated, life-giving cultures
obviously this is a generalization, as we see plenty of cruelty today

Guilt, while biological in nature, is certainly affected by what your culture tells you is right and wrong, but even the ancient aztecs, id warrant, felt guilty about SOME things, like murdering family members or stealin

LaVey?

The only worthwhile part of religion is it's ability to act as an institution that unites communities. The rest is fairy tales for grown ups.

>i personally dont think we have complete free will, because we are products of our surroundings and peers, BUT we also have the ability to shape our surroundings and shape our peers, so there certainly seems to be some element of agency in all of us
You don't really understand the debate about free will do you?
No surprise. You write like a redditor

that was a beautiful bit of cryptic poetry, user

bless you, i got something unnameable out of that

maybe we share some molecules of a past life

There is no evidence for God outside of the Bible. If I was given irrefutable proof of God existing, I would believe in a second. I just don't see any.

Those morals are not upheld by anything, they are just necessary to create small, tightly-knit communities. These communities are the best way to address every person's needs, both mental and physical. Since humans are the only sentient things we know of in the universe, catering to our needs is the first priority.

I am spiritual, we exist to experience something, before we are born we trce a plan on what we want to live amnd experience in our lifes, at that moment we dont know what it is like to be starving or be dying of sickness, thats why we experience things like that on the moment you actually live it you regreat what you are passing trown xD we live to learn thats it, out of this body is very perfect in a way that it gets boring. Reptilians are real if you train your vision you an see them im peoples bodyes, mainly politicians and high power eople, or mainly just see some sorth of fake aura.... if you get to an expert level you start to see things like cancer or even implants, those implast manipulat the things we do, believe in, and the way we think, every one has them and we get them by what we expose ourelft to. Aliens are real... " aliens" they are not what mayority of people think they are. but they are still evil.

your previous post mention all emotion are chemical states of the brain. Why would you not conisder selfcontrol or restraint to be a chemical state in the brain?

>1) the Aztecs literally thought they were keeping the sun in the sky and gaining fruitful harvests through their heart-ripping-outing, so why would they feel guilty? this is clearly a greater good, if they actually believed it, as im sure that they did
2) are the aztecs around? no, because cruel cultures tend to not exist as long as, or be as successful as liberated, life-giving cultures
obviously this is a generalization, as we see plenty of cruelty today

Now you are claiming that the continuation of society is good. By what standard are you ground this "good" on.

educate me instead of insulting me then, oh sacred genius of pol

never been on rebbit, but they must have some decent writers then

are you referring to the idea that all thoughts and actions are resultant of neurons firing in a chemical basis that we have no control over? if so, that's an interesting point, but AGAIN, ill echo my previous point THAT AT LEAST WE OPERATE UNDER THE ILLUSION OF FREE WILL AND THAT MEANS SOMETHING, and maybe this is just a delusion i have to keep from offing myself, but ill take it.

Why are you assuming "catering to our needs" is good? Ultimately, you have to come up with the assumption that survival is good. So you will run into framework of evolutionary ethics. Is this the moral framework you subscribe too?

I believe in a format of reincarnation. Not the whole currynigger fairytale of it, but I just don't see how a person could perceive "nothing" after death.

I think our consciousness travels from host to host and forgets what happens along the way. Obviously not backed by science and I can't say for certain, but this seems the most plausible out of any life after death theories.

>There is no evidence for God outside of the Bible
Yes there is

>If I was given irrefutable proof of God existing, I would believe
God are you stupid

i could very well see selfcontrol being a chemical state of the brain

and im basing good on, that which promotes the highest possibility of more life

because i think life is good
because if there was no life, we wouldnt have this conversation, monsiuer

You mean the Russian Jew who stole from Crowley, Redbird, Nietzsche, and Rand to fund his pissy panty fetish before dying and leaving his wife and kid broke?

Sup Rebbit: The Thread

You mean the Russian Jew who stole from his betters to fund a panty pissing fetish and die leaving his wife and kid penniless?

Get that weak shit outta here.

I've honestly been considering islam recently,

JUST

>and im basing good on, that which promotes the highest possibility of more life
this is my biggest issue with this. What you are doing right now is that you are taking a standard of good, "perseverance of human life" and using this as the basis of your moral framework. What is the basis for this claim?

>because i think life is good
because if there was no life, we wouldnt have this conversation, monsiuer
this is non sequitur.

>I write condescending and use big words to hide my insecurity about this point
Wew reddit.

Reaching the maximum satisfaction of the population is good because it would make every person happy, and within the human species, this would be a good thing for everyone. I think people developed moralities evolutionarily, but there is too much diversity in that realm. There is no consensus, so nowhere will ever be moral. This is why the Christian philosophy should be adapted everywhere. That way, people could aim for one specific goal, and accomplishing it would be fairly easy.

Enlighten me, then. I would literally love to be proven wrong.

Just look at everything through a logical lense. The most rational position to take is agnosticism. There's no proof for God's existence and likewise there's no proof for God's non-existence. Atheists and theists cannot prove their beliefs and never will.

However, God can definitely exist if you just change his definition. My god exists, his real name being evolution.

I believe in the god KEK.

This is some of Albert Camus' stuff, but that the debate of meaning, the debate of good, is only possible in the dialogue between the human and universe.

ill extend this beyond humans to any rational, sentient creatures out there who examine meaning

i.e., without life, there is no conversation in or about the universe, therefore without life, there is no good or meaning because these are distinctly human categorizations that are argued and examined in order to better understand ourselves and our place in the universe

im not saying all humans are intrinsically good, just that without life, this whole question is impossible as it stems from our own brains

and promoting more of these brains to live and experience the universe betters our chance of achieving the good

or maybe, we arent good at all, and the earth knows whats best for it and we will face mass extinction soon, i really dont claim to know shit, even after this tirade

>Reaching the maximum satisfaction of the population is good because it would make every person happy
so utilitarianism then? would you sacrifice one kid for the happiness of a thousand others? Is this moral?

> I think people developed moralities evolutionarily
I personally disagree with this claim. I think that morality is unchanging. Rape is always wrong, regardless of what the culture tells us.

allways glad to see intrested people
joyofsatan.com is a good website
They guys dont care about people calling them edgy at all.
The information on this site is very intresting(and [mostly] correct) and the meditations work very well.

One more of my expiriences.
My first:
I need to say that I allready was intrested in devinity, I had no image of god or something.
I just thought God is everything and divinity just means that something is the most important.
My belief was extremly superficial and by defenition I would have been an atheistfag or paganaboo.
So now the story
>Sit in my room listening to atmospheric bm
>good music, get completly into it, no toughts in my head, most likely trance state(cant tell for sure, I didnt know anything back then)
>feel weak wind on my arms and face
>check window
>check door
>both closed
>what is happening???
>get very curious
>I suspect some kind of spirit (I didnt believe in any kind of spirit or "supernatural" stuff back then)
>I was talking some crap I cant remember to said spirit
>I didnt see anything but a slight vibration in the air(could have been caused by darkness)
>spirit comes closer, I could tell by increasing windforce(feels like, if you would blow on your arm from 20-25cm distance)
>directly in front of me (telling by feel)
>it is defently interacting with my body right now
>feels like it takes out life
>cant breath
>horrible fear and I take of my headphones and shake awake
>confusion
>fear
>curiosity
>curiosity wins
>I put back my headphones and keep listening to the music
>Doesnt take long for the wind to reapear
>Comes closer again
>for some reason I didnt believe that it wants to hurt me
>again it interacts with my body
>feels incredibly good this time, like giving me lifeforse or something
>feel the wind very strongly but gently inside my chest
>this keeps going for some minutes
>spirit leaves after that
>I am stunned for 1 week
>after I couldnt find any explanation I started research on that topic

The rational voice tells me that, amongst every possible definition of god, be it a supra-dimentional being, aliens, nerd who made a computer simulation, whatever, there are good chances one of them validate.

That somehow it cares about humans, that I can do anything about it's disposition toward me, that somehow a cult managed to find what works, that's absurd.

Believing in god, in some way or form,is alright. Being religious is retarded.

whats YOUR point then? i tried reaching out and understanding more about your debate on freewill, an argument to which you have yet to offer any insights, you illiterate fuck.

why cant emotions be biological without taking away any experience of spirituality?

id say spirituality is also bioligical in nature, because without it, we'd have no will to live.

TO SAY SOMETHING HAS A BIOLOGICAL BASIS IS NOT TO UNDERMINE IT, YOU FOOL

>without life, there is no conversation in or about the universe, therefore without life, there is no good or meaning because these are distinctly human categorizations that are argued and examined in order to better understand ourselves
are you sure about this? If we all were to die right now, would rape no longer be immoral? To me, morality is a natural law, much like mathematics. 1+1=2 and rape is wrong.

I did read his satanic bible.
Its total nonsense.
I dont like this guy, and that canadian guy I replied to seem to like LaVey.

That is simply not true.
Spirituality has allways played a big role, only in cuckstianity its a sin.

I believe in god, but no in the churches. I hope to find him by my own

if we were all to die now, there would no longer be the concept of rape

ducks mainly procreate through rape, do you think they think about hell? or is survival of species more important

i also think morality is natural law, and that societies that promote rape, murder, or theft, dont tend to do well.

i think we agree a bit more than we let on, hope im not just confusing my points here

I'm with you, Teutonic.

The question is whether you can decide on the spot or whether HOW YOU DECIDE is predetermined by your surroundings (who are again predetermined etc. going back to a universe set in motion where everything will happen a certain way because the conditions people find themselves in are predetermined).

Example: Do you have the free will to decide whether or not to do a thing or is your decision already determined by your experience

I want to make a Beatrice Tulpa...
>You know for what