Is Twin Peaks just a prequel to The X-Files?

Is Twin Peaks just a prequel to The X-Files?

pro-tip: Mulder discovered the "X" files in 1990, the same year Twin Peaks takes place

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_Peaks#Declining_ratings
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you wanted to make a thread about either or both of these shows you could do it without being a retarded faggot

seems like a pretty interesting discussion to me.

X Files definitely rode on the wave that Twin Peaks made.
I remember it was sold as having a Twin Peaks-esque element to it when it first aired.

Without Twin Peaks, I sincerely doubt X-Files would have even been dreamt up.

Twin Peaks takes place in 1989 though.

that just shows what an ignorant young faggot you are

How so, new buddy?

Wasn't twin peaks a ratings failure though? Seems like they revamped the idea with TXF to reach a wider audience

that is why his post doesn't make sense.

X-files road the wave of government conspiracies and new tech, not twin peaks.

Mulder was literally in twin peaks though

The raidings were incredibly high until Fox forced them to reveal who killed Laura Palmer and since the show lost it's hook it lost it's viewers.

>new buddy?
Your post clearly demonstrated your ignorance.

This. And he was hot.

>Fox

I can only remember both shows being hugely popular on first airing desu lad. Not sure where that "Twin Peaks had shit ratings" meme comes from.
I would say Twin Peaks received wider critical acclaim at the time.

>Seems like they revamped the idea with TXF to reach a wider audience
Shut the fuck up kid.

Same actor, different character.

kill yourself reddit queer

Then why did it end? Im sure it had good ratings during S1,I find it harder to believe with 2.

Yes, that's how prequels work.

The first season was incredibly successful. The second one, not so much.

I watched both shows when they first aired.
What is your point anyway?

My post was based on how The X-Files was sold when it was first aired. I was just telling OP what happened back in the day.

nah was pretty commericially successful iirc espec. for lynch

It took inspiration from the nightstalker,moonlighting and SOTL aswell,adult.

Visually its mostly similar to TP though

why are you talking utter shit user?

As far as I know TP ended because Lynch/Frost had concluded with the story.
Ratings were not an issue at the time of airing for both seasons, to My knowledge, and I was huge fan at the time.

Butt flustered X-Files fan?

The last episode is a giant cliffhanger though. They wanted a season 3.

I'm glad someone in this thread has a clue. Good for you user.

Shit I get confused. It was released 1990 which is what I was paying attention to.

But I do know that TXF pilot was filmed in 1992 though released 1993 and the timeline of the first few episodes is a little weird:

1 "Pilot" - March 1992
2 "Deep Throat" - spring or summer 1992
3 "Squeeze" - July 1993

Nah. It was a perfect dark ending for the show. Plus, Lynch was already working on FWWM.

>With the resolution of Twin Peaks' main drawing point (Laura Palmer's murder) in the middle of the second season, and with subsequent story lines becoming more obscure and drawn out, public interest began to wane. This discontent, coupled with ABC changing its timeslot on a number of occasions, led to a huge drop in the show's ratings after being one of the most-watched television programs in the United States in 1990. A week after the season's 15th episode placed 85th in the ratings out of 89 shows, ABC put Twin Peaks on indefinite hiatus,[51] a move that usually leads to cancellation.[52]

Honestly its pretty amazing it got success at all with a mainstream audience and its become a cult classic,so in the end,yeah it was a huge success and thats why Chris carter tried to emulate it in some ways.

You can argue if it's a good ending or not, but the fact is they wanted a season 3 but got cancelled.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_Peaks#Declining_ratings
If you guys want to read it

Yeah I remember a ton of my friends gave up watching that second series when Lynch dropped out of the show.

I remember when X-Files started. It seemed more like a spin-off of FOX's UFO "news" show Sightings crossed with Silence of the Lambs.

Semantics. Who gives a shit about ratings? I saw that shit week by week when it aired, so I was giving some first hand perspective.
Anyway, I love both shows from the time until now. TP definitely had an influence on the fact TXF even got made. It was sold as such, anyway. Without question.

scully was inspired by clarice

Yeah SoTL was the other thing they pushed in the pre-airing of the show. I kinda forgot about that. Good call.

Fuck yourself

Warren Frost just died, wew

Its crazy how much she sounds like her in the first season.

Oh, well damn. Is he in the new season?

probably.
if anyone knows how hollywood works, they know things get sold on being '' the new x or y''.
i can imagine them saying its like a cross between silence of the lambs and twin peaks.

>i can imagine them saying its like a cross between silence of the lambs and twin peaks.
Who gives a fuck what you imagine happened before you were born?

>this edgelord
fuck off and post in one of your waifu foot threads.

I'm sure you've tried to imagine which one of your mom's clients is your father.

I'm probably older than your mother user. I just get sick of seeing 90's born faggots trying to rewrite history every day,

seems pretty juvenile, tho, to presume everyone here was born in the 90's.

Dunno man you tell me.

There are people of all ages posting on Sup Forums but people born in the 90's seem to spout the most ignorance.

I wonder what gilly would think

Scully*

Damn, who is she?

>mfw David Duchovny makes a better woman than Bruce Jenner

Well, Bruce is like, 70.

fuck off tranny lover

Mulder transitioned back and changed his name before he got involved with the X-Files, and Briggs' secret government work was the Stargate program where he used an alias for safety. Everyone knows that.

Except Denise was DEA, not FBI.

And the actor who portrayed Briggs was also Scully's father and a US Navy captain.

Sounds legit.

>Except Denise was DEA, not FBI.
She changed the direction of her career
>And the actor who portrayed Briggs was also Scully's father and a US Navy captain.
Long lost twin brothers

>the actor who portrayed Briggs was also Scully's father and a US Navy captain.
D E E P E S T L O R E

Sounds like you're a stupid fucking faggot

Why would a tranny lover call him Bruce?

the x flies was kind of twin peaks for the average idiot, and it still made sense if you missed an episode
the idea of a story extending over a series hadn't existed in TV before Twin Peaks other than is soap operas which is why TP has "Invitation to Love" echoing it's story line

X Flies was weird without being too weird and every episode was mostly contained keeping it more palatable to the average jackass

Someone hasn't had their coffee and apple pie today

>this was meant to be surreal/funny
>today it would be called problematic

You can have mass appeal and still have intelligent stand alone eps,which TXF had.

Also if you missed an ep of TP you wouldn't be lost either,really cant think of a show past or present on a major network that you would be tbqh

>tbqh
fuck off queer

Rude tbqh

fuck yourself

It seems like you should,you seem to have alot of pent up hostility.

way too many faggots like you around here these days user. I wish I could kill myself.

Game of Thrones
missing the Red Wedding for an example would leave you like WTF?

the best shows lately are following this model

its not that hard to kill yourself,friend.

You would catch up on it though through the writing.

>Game of Thrones
>the best shows
Fuck off faggot

sure ... if you watched the first and last 10 min of Lethal Weapon you would know what the movie was about, but you would have still missed the whole movie

Also HBO is not a network like ABC,CBS or fox.

no one wants your Big Bang Theory homo ass around here. go die somewhere that wont inconvenience anyone

No, it would be hailed as progressive, which it will be, since "Denise" is in S3. Don't think Lynch isn't libtarded.

Mulder didn't "discover" the x-files, he was assigned them as a punishment.

Its the same with first season of TXF,it has story and character progression and its a network show from the early 90s,its not surprise an HBO show would have this when people pay for it specifically for "better" television.

Suprising*

>Big Bang Theory
Keep digging that hole faggot
Are there more tourists here today than usual? Sup Forums seems extra fucked.

There's no GoT general, so they're in the wild.

It was fucking abysmal. All that pointless james and donna shit. I blame the network for wanting 22 episodes.

I didn't know GA was in TP

What ep???
Thats insane.

She's not.

Kill yourself

>since the show lost it's hook

Laura Palmer's dad isn't really the killer, he was possessed by Bob who was never caught but the characters were still looking for it.

The reason the ratings tanked after the killer reveal is because the episodes following it are really boring and feel like watching a quirky soap opera. Seriously, at least half of season 2 is absolute shit, but at least it finishes strong.

Too bad they never got to make season 3.

This thread is more sensitive then most.
Are you oldfags not taking your fiber supplements?

Great shitposting 1 upvote

Season three airs this march user.

No, it's May.

I suppose I expect youthful idiocy in most threads but hope for better in threads about old shows or movies. I know a lot of you are complete morons but also realise that some of you get off on pretending to be stupid, either way it gets annoying

Its march 21st iirc
Nothing stupid has been said,her movie the turning or whatever looked like a screenshot from TP,its an honest mistake since I haven't rewatched TP in a while and TXF and TP share some actors in their casts.

Google it. It's May.