Not even meming, was Newt suppose to be autistic?

Not even meming, was Newt suppose to be autistic?

While on the subject of this movie, why did American wizards use an elaborate pool of molten metal to execute wizards? Why not just Avada Kedavra them?

>was Newt suppose to be autistic?

I don't know if he was intended to be, but he was genuinely autistic. Probably the most accurate portrayal of autism in film to date.

Daily reminder Eddie Redmayne is a furry

I'd be willing to wear a fursuit if it meant I could get his mouth on my dick.

>Brother diagnosed with aspergers
>I probably have it too but didn't get a doctors diagnosis because I did good in school

Fuck me, is that how I am too people? God damn no wonder I've had no real friends my whole life.

The magical acid made sense to me when I realized how much bullshit protection spells and charms criminals could have. The acid basically is to silence any protection and make sure they die!

You cant just use the killing curse. You have to genuinely want to kill the target. It requires a fuckton of hate and mental instability to actually pull it off and typically you dont want those kind of people not in wizard prison.

For example, remember when harry failed to pull off the torture curse of bellatrix even full of rage after she killed sirius right in front of him? You have to have seriouse mental fuckery in order to use those things, and its implied doing it dose perminant damage to youre soul. Though not like horcrux soul division damage.

Literally never seen a single HP movie, but would a gun not work.

Yes a gun would probably work, but wizards don't use them for whatever reason.

>muh american wizards are wizard-bigots who don't let wizards marry nomaj's
fuck this movie.

I would guess they don't use them for the same reason we don't kill our prisoners with sharpened sticks.

why? for being accurate to the time it was set in?

"No!"

>MADAME PRESIDENT
What do you think they were going for here?

>a movie about wizards in New York was historically accurate
no. Because the wizard/nomaj relationship in this movie was inconsistent and already didn't really make sense, and then the main autist said something about "backwards laws here in America".
I get rowling wanted to make a political allegory to shit on America, but it was bad and distracting.

a voodoo queen

Was the Magical Congress supposed to be based off the actual US government? If so, I don't think Rowling understood it very well.

this movie sucked. even based colin couldnt save it

> Not even meming, was Newt suppose to be autistic?

I just watched this the other day and was wondering WTF was up with the character, as he spent the entire movie hunched over with his head bowed, saying all his lines while look up/sideways.

Very odd.

Showing her as utterly incompetent and an absolute fuck up?

quiet guy
>autistic

hes too social and functional to be autistic. totally not scared of people, makes friends immediately, understands other people's emotions
>literally not one of the markers

not every nerd is autistic user

i guess its 'merica, so we just execute each other for being inconvenient.

with a chair
>bc the electric chair

seriously, there was veeery little reason to actually euthanize someone here

I didn't even understand that he was supposed to be autistic until I saw it undubbed. Am I autistic?

m8 I hate the yanks as much as any semi-self-aware guy but I did not see it as directed hate or modern critique
maybe you're just butthurt too fast 2 furiously