The amount of dialects in a country reflect its level of culture

The amount of dialects in a country reflect its level of culture.
Few dialects - cultural shithole.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3UgpfSp2t6k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I agree

Why are these called dialects? I thought they were closely related but mutually unintelligible languages.

No, not really based on my experience
Be thankful you have a few or less variations, dialects can be use as a rally point for secession.

Yeah true, as I Victorian it is pretty hard to understand Queenslanders and South Australians

nice meme map

Italians have been, and still are, brainwashed into believing that you are incorrect to create an artificial sense of unity between them.

There are far more dialects than that

In Orléanais there's like 20-30 dialects, as an example Solognot, Beauceron, Chartrais, and so on

this
First barely anyone speak those dialects anymore
Second, most language of oïl (blue) are memes, I can tell you with confidence that normand and poitevin saintongeais for instance never existed and are just regional memes. Same for picard for example, pronouncing j' as ch' and stuff like this doesn't make it a new dialect, you're just talking like a peasant.
Language of oc (red) are different from the language of oïl, yes, and real, but they are all similar to each others too with maybe the exception of gascon and limousin. Arpitan is first, a meme name, and just a shitfest where langue d'oïl and langues d'oc meet.
Also if you wanna make a map like include the crescent in the middle so it doesn't look to ridiculous.
kys OP
There's only french

what a shit map
>kajaani, north and south savo, north and south karelia, central finland in same area

Well, yes. But it gives a rough idea on the dialects. You can't draw exact lines so grouping many smaller dialects to one is easier.

Well, maybe you are shit nowadays then?

wooow, you are really perspicacious

are people itt just confusing dialects with accents

unless these places all have their own unique words and grammar styles they are not dialects

Lol, In France there is only one language officially and promoted by the state, languages such as Occitan and Catalan have virtually extinct.

English is rare in not having nearly any dialects even though it's spoken so much I think.

accents are the residue of dialects or languages you moron

TIL russia is a cultural shithole

Brits have a lot of them though. Geordie and such..

What are you talking about English has a fuckload of dialects. The US alone has like 7 which I can place easily.

Texan, Louisiana, Boston, New England/general northern east, Wisconsin, Appalachian, New Yorker

Etc

it's missing a lot of local and city dialects but it's the most detailed rough regional map I can find, although british accents became a whole lot more homogenised with the advent of tv and radio to the point they're barely dialects

But what about this guy here then?
Apparently there is only French.

You might enjoy this, but you'll probably just try to tear it apart

youtu.be/3UgpfSp2t6k

He is right

My point was that French dialects aren't/weren't as unified as this pic let it thinks

He's a well-known self-hating queer. You'll always find him in threads praising France trying to undermine our accomplishments or our culture in general.

no

Daily reminder that standard Finnish would be absolutely ridiculous if it wasn't based on Pernaja dialect familiar to Agricola which had both eastern and western traits.

Can you imagine if standard Finnish was the sort of gibberish they speak in Turku?

>imblying that ostrobothnian dialect in seinäjoki isnt the proper finnish

Still ridiculous. Can you imagine books written in that shit? I would prefer Finnish language being dead and extinct over that.

>artipan

What if my country has no dialects, only regional accents?

>Franco-Provençal ?

>artipan
>arTiPan
>ar
>ti
>pan

being illiterate is a definitive sign of muslimery

Aren't those american ones just accents though? They would still be written the same way just pronounced differently, right?

Yeah, ignore the dumb Am*rican. They never know what they're talking about.

>Franco-Provençal
this is a 19th century name for those dialects. Pretty crazy to think there was no name for it before

>Français-Provençal ?

Ok sorry multiple countries around the world speaking the same language but spelling everything basically the same (color, colour) is stupid my mistake.

Making things more convoluted = better culture, Simplicity and logic is awful OK gotcha I understand.