Have everyone stopped watching basketball or is it only me?

have everyone stopped watching basketball or is it only me?

it's just you

When does the season start?

A month ago

Lmao I guess I missed that memo

I watch cuz muh fantasy team

I've stopped in the early 2000s

I only watch the playoffs
Same with baseball

I watch the regular season of handegg, and the entire season for football too

More of her, OP

i dont think theres any more of her sadly

This makes me sad. Danke for responding kind deutsch-bro

im 100% all-in with nba from day 1 until the finals ends, but i know there's many who dont give a shit

who ever watched niggerball?

You're mum when she daydreams of getting gangbanged by BBC

jej

The NBA should give you a medal or something for that

>watching sports
For what purpose?

the jersey change and putting more ads on them was the last straw for me

Basketball feels kinda repetitive desu. I know that this happens to all sports in some degree, but BBall takes the cake, the pace of the games are always the same.

I stopped giving a shit when Durant signed with GS, though I suppose I could have stopped when LeBron when to Miami.

You see, the NBA used to be the #2 sports league in the country. Then they started to listen to Nike and started to become more "urban". They started playing hip-hop and having rappers courtside. The gameplay started to take on a more "streetball" feel - more physical, more fights etc. Ratings and attendance started to fall. The league went from a strong #2 to a distant #3. Then we had the Ron Artest fight etc and the league started to clean up, but they damage had been done. The audience is now overwhelmingly young, urban, and black. The NFL should take note unless they only want 2-3 million people watching Sunday night football. The last NBA game on ESPN got 2.1 Million viewers lol

>Watching Lebron go to the Finals every year
>Watching him lose every year
Maybe when there's more parity/likeable stars

wow you're actually me

You missed a great Knicks game tonight

Shitty sport. Athletes dumb as rock. Plastic franchises. Repetitive gameplay.

i'd set up on the point and bury my shot in her basket if you know what i'm saying

>implying i ever, at any point in my life, ever even started watching basketball in the first place
what you think i am... black????
also post more of that hottie witha body

i only watch 4th quarters of close games, or 3rd +4th quarters of golden state games

>grow up in houston
>taught to be straight ticket houston sports fan
>fuck yeah rockets win
>fuck yeah rockets win again
>love seeing great athletes and classic matchups
>also start rooting for uber violent D heavy pistons
>love wallaces and everyone and their game
>root for trigger happy suns
>amare and nash and d'antoni and 140 point games
>watch 2002 lakers kings game
>what the fuck is this
>blatant game rigging activated

>now its breaks during games to tell us what some negroid tweeted
>have to cope with big baller shit
>no fun watching warriors chuck 3's all night
>league still pushing lebron
>no more for me

I picked up watching the NBA a lot in 2010. I had always been a casual Bulls fan, but in 2010 when I left for college I decided to start watching it really closely. Even though I live in California, I watched every single Bulls game on shitty CSN Chicago/WGN streams through atdhe and firstrowsports. I dedicated so much time to watching that, watched the Bulls get the top seeds, only to get eviscerated by LeBrons Heat like they were a college team every year

As the years kept going, I started noticing how the regular season never mattered and the same teams kept winning over and over again. I noticed how the referees have too much power and call games to suit superstar players. I noticed how fucking boring the first half, even three quarters, of games are as they trade baskets and no one stands out. Top it off with the Warriors bullshit and how I (in the Bay Area) had to see the Warriors go from an afterthought, less popular than the A's, to the most popular team in the Area with everyone wearing Warriors gear, to completely turn me off of the bullshit.

Not to mention the complete obsession the NBA and its fans have over social media, TMZ tabloid drama

I just wish I could get into hockey. It's so much better, but I have no experience with trhe rules or history with the sport

I feel like when you have a league with so many games like baseball, basketball, hockey, there aren't that many people who watch the full season intently, just follow casually and then watch playoffs

Are you stupid? Your fellow argentinian, Manu Ginobili aka white Michael Jordan, is the opposite of those things

Yeah but hes about to retire

Physical play is good. The contemporary game is too soft if anything. It's definitely too poorly refereed, which is the major factor why people don't care to watch it.

They've curbed physical play because normies like seeing the ball go in the hoop than a nice defensive stop

>It's definitely too poorly refereed, which is the major factor why people don't care to watch it.

sure, it's definitely not the lack of parity, a season too long, and the entire league being about politics and social media tabloid shit though right

You probably don't get to watch with other human beings but the number one complaint in any game is always poor refereeing. Lack of parity plays into this. The Warriors would have won 20 less games in 2016 if even half of their fouls were called.

not just you
ratings are down

i'll come back for the finals
maybe

the refereeing is terrible yes but i dont think thats the major reason why. it's because of the lack of parity, and too many games

>I only watch the playoffs
smart man

over half the teams make it to the NBA playoffs any way

Too many postseason games. 81 game schedule is fine but the playoffs are fucked.

*82 games. Still have my mind on baseball.

The 90s was the low point of quality basketball in the modern era. I know the vast majority of you that glorify that era don't actually watch it and just remember it with nostalgia goggles if you even watched it at all. Watch a game from the Finals last year and then watch some plodding Jordan era finals game like game 6 of the 96 NBA Finals, it's dreadful in comparison. I'm just talking playoff type games because the regular season has and always will be utterly pointless. People don't like the chimpout antics and the TMZ aspect that the nba has become, not the product itself on the court
Kings shot more free throws in that "blantantly rigged" game
By some estimates half of the nbas fan base is black now

>82 games in the regular season
>best teams win anyway so coaches can rest their best players frequently
>constant back to backs/3 in 5 days games
>for a regular season that doesn't even matter because the best teams win anyway and over half the league makes the playoffs, and only 4-5 teams a year have a chance
>"fine"

the nba season could literally be 50 or even 40 games long and nothing would change

>Kings shot more free throws in that "blantantly rigged" game
Who cares when the refs gave absolutely horrible calls that gave key free throws and turnovers to the Lakers?

Millennials are simply growing up, with most over the age of 25 now. This is when you leave the NBA behind for baseball and hockey.

The NBA is the puberty of North American sports fandom. We all go through that phase.

Gen Z is unlikely to pick the viewership slack since the only competitive endeavors they really care about are videogames.

and tickets for NFL, NHL, and MLB are all less expensive. they see their audience coming a mile away, wearing "collectible" basketball shoes.

Team Liquid, what!

(I'm old af, btw)

Is dressing like that appropriate for a classroom setting? I mean if I were the teacher I'd find it hard not to walk around with a hard-on.

>I just wish I could get into hockey. It's so much better, but I have no experience with trhe rules or history with the sport
That's pretty easily rectified. Just watch hockey games. And you could start listening to hockey podcasts. Puck Podcast for example. They've been doing a show once a week all year around since 2006 and are very educational. They're based in LA too.

just you waffle stomper

I'll start watching again in April. The season is already 18 months long, and it's impossible for me to give a shit about regular season games when over half the teams make the playoffs anyway.

Me on the right

grew out of basketball when i was like 13. its just a natural thing to do when you grow up and get even a LITTLE smarter

I stopped watching most sports I use to

just google for "inthenameofkittens".

GS being so good now kinda ruins the fun. 2015 and 2016 seasons were good because you didnt know if GS was really invincible or not, but Durant had to be the biggest bitch in sports history and now the whole season is a waste of time.

i mean the regular season in the NBA was already worthless to begin with anyway