Actually study the history of the World Series in some detail

>actually study the history of the World Series in some detail

>the more I read, the more obvious it is that it has always been rigged:

>30s - 60s: Okay Yankee dominance forever both to establish "America's Team" and also to create a rival that the rest of the country loves to hate lol
>"called shot" lol
>1969 Series: okay we'll just be goofy and have the Mets win a series that they have no business winning lol
>2000 Series: okay classic Subway series for the millenium lol
>2001 Series (pursuant to 9/11 memo given to the MLB during august): Okay let's actually try something weird and have them lose this time to help national sympathy for NY lol
>100th Series (2004): okay let's finally let the Red Sox win lol they've "suffered" enough
>multiple occasions, past thirty years "thrilling seven-game series" to keep the white midwestern fanbase engaged (include Cubs series in here) lol
>97, 03: okay Florida's a big market let's let them win a couple times even though they're not "supposed to" lol

you can't rig baseball

dumb frog poster

scriptfags are as bad as flatearthers

the athletes are already pretty amazing, but you're saying they can strikeout or homerun at will!?!? amazing

>another frog post

Sp is making me mad tonight

explain Canada winning in 92 and 93 then

Baseball is, in fact, one of the first sports where robots will replace humans. The game's simplicity of action and law, the repetitive and algorithmic nature of offensive and defensive actions, and the appalling dearth of strategic flexibility all make it the prime candidate in terms of popular sport. In short, I see no reason to worry about the history of the sport as all of what you've wrote could be summarized as a sort of Paleolithic attempt at competition.

Don't forget
>oh, a hurricane destroyed your state, here have a World Series USA USA USA

old pasta friend

t. bitter yaks fan

hate faggots who type like you tbqh

>help national sympathy for NY
what the fuck? what would be the point of doing that after the city lost 3 thousand people? sympathy was not in short supply after 9/11. oh wait, you don't even remember 9/11,

Atrocious post
Please apologize to me

>this terribly shitty b8 will get replies

>study the history in some detail
>lemme just cherry pick 5 of them to prove my retarded point

Its a completely original and accurate summation of the direction of technological and sociological trends, combined with keen insight into cross-section of sport and the potentiality of artificial intelligence, my bro.

>claims it's rigged
>uses "hey lets do something random" as reasoning

That sounds like the OPPOSITE of rigged.

REAL HISTORIC THREAD

2017: Houston btfo by floods, ok let them win because its a feel good story

Lol

Teams so GOAT they broke the narrative. They had to shut it down in 94 so my jays would lose their mojo

The wise brasilian transexual speaks the truth.

None of you are sucking my dick quite as well as you could be. Aspire to become better!

No current sport could be replaced by robots, current sports display human athletic ability, which is what we marvel at. Any robot sport would have to be made similarly to showcase robot ability

I dont get how baseball video games can even simulated properly. The game would literally come down to whether or not it wants to give you a good hit or a bad one. At least other sports games require some creative play from the user.

You could design robot athletes with a small % chance to slip or choke at a vital moment to keep it interesting.

>The game's simplicity of action and law, the repetitive and algorithmic nature of offensive and defensive actions, and the appalling dearth of strategic flexibility all make it the prime candidate in terms of popular sport.

You're wrong. The core of baseball's strategy exists in the matchup between the batter and pitcher, and that matchup is a "game" of imperfect information and is, essentially, infinitely fluid. You can never "solve" games of imperfect information, you can only approach strategic decision making probabilistically, and the probables are constantly in flux depending on the preceding game state (i.e. pitcher threw curve on 1-2 count last AB after 3 fastballs, but the pitcher now knows that you know that and you know he knows that, so the probability of getting the same pitch in the same location has now changed to an unknown percentage). The psychology of the matchup also changes from pitch-to-pitch, moment-to-moment, inning-to-inning. You can't reduce decision making in this context down to an algorithm.

Sports like basketball, hockey, soccer are probably more solvable in finding optimal strategies because they aren't games of incomplete information (aside from penalty and corner kicks in soccer). The information is face up in those sports and there's only a finite amount of moves from any position on the field you can make (and there's always a "correct" move within). Think chess vs. poker.

>In chess, even the toughest positions have a routine method of evaluation in principal - tabulate all possible sequences of moves, and go with the most favorable one. This is only hard to realize in practice because there are so many moves.

>Poker is a game of incomplete information, and requires adjustment of your strategy based on how you perceive your opponents to be playing. There are really no plays in poker that are absolutely correct in 100% of situations.

Baseball would actually be the hardest game to simulate properly. So much of the pitcher vs. batter matchup in the real world is based on "in the moment" psychology that is constantly changing with each pitch.

In a sport like basketball, the matchup is more centered around creating and exploiting breakdowns (i.e. screening a shooter to produce an open shot for him) than it is about reading and adapting based on what you perceive your opponent to be thinking, (it doesn't matter what a defender thinks, a good screen will prevent him from challenging the shot).

This is the most informative post I have read on this board.

Astros were the biggest a-holes though

>Charlie Morton against the Yanks is seen sticking his fingers into a wad of chewing gum only to then pitch

>then you got the whole Asian eye incident
in my opinion, you should have been suspended during the series instead of the next season. if it was black thing he their would have been more of an uproar. and yes Yu Darvish fucked up hard but that doesn't excuse racial slurs no matter how funny as it was.

The 100th World Series was 2003 faggot and the Marlins beat the Yankees. Explain that faggot

>team with some of the greatest players in history get busted for rigging the world series
>mlb implements scorched earth policy on team and all players
>none of the players in nearly 100 years have ever so much as sniffed HoF or any sort of recognition from MLB
>as though they never existed