Less than 3 months until this comes out and I haven't heard a thing about it aside from that crappy slasher trailer...

Less than 3 months until this comes out and I haven't heard a thing about it aside from that crappy slasher trailer. There's no hype, no marketing, literally nothing for this

Compare that to Prometheus, which was one of the most hyped films of the decade. Has the studio written it off already? It doesn't help that Ridley Scott decided to make this some generic alien slasher remake rather than continue to explore the mythology set up in Prometheus

Movie marketing is leaning toward obscurity in the last year. The internet rumor mill is too efficient. We predicted Star Wars to a point where it has adversely affected the films, ghostbusters suffered from too much footage shown.

Maybe we will go back to having cool painted movie posters.

I think you summed it up... no one is hyped for it because of all the news coming out about how its just another Aliens rehash. No one asked for that. We already have Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection if we want another slasher flick

I honestly don't understand the hate for Prometheus. It's one of those things that became popular to shit on but didn't really deserve it, was a pretty fun flick tbqhfa m

I have a bad feeling that they will have listened to the meme reviews against Prometheus and will use this film to pander backwards and it'll just be a shit nostalgiafest AVP type movie.

So its NOT going to expand on what was started in prometheus?

Avp is a better movie than Prometheus.
"It's popular to hate it" is a terrible argument when thousands of people hated it right when they saw it.

Ever think people hate it because it's bad?

You're a fucking idiot. It is literally the sequel to Prometheus. And it is set on the HOMEWORLD of the Engineers. In the trailer you clearly see them discover a RECENTLY crashed Engineer ship, and inside of it they find Shaw's dog tags.

It's a direct sequel to Prometheus.

>Prometheus
>Alien Covenant
>Alien
>Aliens
>Alien 3
>Alien Resurrection

that poster is just fucking awful

>engineers homeworld
>it's a dead, empty planet with no signs of intelligent life
>the engineers are gone/dead
>all that's left is le bioweapon slasher flick

you're a fucking retard if you think this is going to be anything remotely interesting

this. The trailer is despicable

Isn't it confirmed the engineers won't be in this too?

people complained there were no classic aliens in Prometheus

The only good one was Alien anyway, and Aliens was alright but meh.

They you look at the franchise right now you will appreciate Alien 3 and even Alien 4.

Blame Disney for buying up all the advertising space and journalists :^)

Because it's a fucking awful movie.

>was a pretty fun flick

really compelling argument...

lotta loyalty for a hired gun