Being an MMA athlete is the athleticism that is the most meaningful

Being an MMA athlete is the athleticism that is the most meaningful.
All other athletes do irrelevant things like putting balls inside nets or baskets.
We don't even know if this man can be beaten. He can beat anyone on the planet. Probably just a couple of heavyweights have a chance. It's the coolest thing. It's the closest thing to a superhero

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n7RvTqiBXII
youtube.com/watch?v=4Qiz3DwGJ-I
youtube.com/watch?v=bAuPfWssTT4
youtube.com/watch?v=ndv9yo26ZAw
youtube.com/watch?v=8cgrWPXLeOc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZuUcMIG7l4I
bleacherreport.com/articles/1406123-tito-ortiz-boxing-is-like-checkers-and-mma-is-like-chess
youtube.com/watch?v=8wgX-CEykF8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>ufc fighter is the closest thing to a superhero
wew lad

He can fuck anyone up one-on-one. Dude is 1.93 m tall
youtube.com/watch?v=n7RvTqiBXII

>It's the closest thing to a superhero
Except physical fighting ability doesn't really count for much in a world where guns and knives exist. Some fat cop is more of a superhero than a /heem/fag.

jesus lad wtf...

That is obvious but I'm talking if anyone goes my abilities vs your abilities unarmed.

Thats why there are guns now
This faggots dont stand a chance

Pussy numale cuck detected. If anyone ever physically threatens you in any way, you're too much of a pussified wimp to stand up and fight him one-on-one. You need a weapon like the little bitch you are.

I'm not watching that and you sound like a kid

Ring fighting is not street fighting.

You sound like someone who takes himself too seriously.

Ask your mom

You think getting hit in the face for the entertainment of millions is meaningful?
More meaningful than putting a ball in a net?
>We don't even know if this man can be beaten. He can beat anyone on the planet. Probably just a couple of heavyweights have a chance. It's the coolest thing. It's the closest thing to a superhero
It sounds like you're in love with him dude.

The average rugby player, NFL player, or powerlifter would literally destroy this weak little faggot in a real fight. Must suck knowing that you trained your whole life to fight, but you'd get destroyed by someone that never even trained to fight in their life. Don't even get me started on those pathetic little flyweights and bantamweights.

any tomato can from Pride would fuck that faggot in a street fight. The MMA style of fighting is a meme

>being this retarded

You realize Pride is an organization in the sport of MMA and that no one there would come close to beating JBJ

>Rampage was in Pride
>JBJ finished Rampage
Really made me think...

not hard enough apparently, try thinking harder

Nice comeback, dipshit

>being Charlie

NFL players have fought in the UFC and they got destroyed by bums.
See: Mittrione

NFL player:
youtube.com/watch?v=4Qiz3DwGJ-I

jon jones cleared out the entire pride division lmao
and why couldn't jon jones do dirty street fighting shit, too?

>t. Alexander Wang Peng Ching

Regardless of size bone on bone is what it is and bones jones has the most bones of any jones you feel me

>It's the closest thing to a superhero
So I guess USADA is his kryptonite

Your mom has taken more bones in her ass than anyone else pal lmao btfo idiot

Daily reminder one of the top MMA fighters fought against a 40 year old retired boxer and couldn't keep up with him

He fought in boxing against one of the best boxers. He has to train all aspects while Floyd only trains hands.
Have you seen what happened to James Toney when he fought another old dude in MMA? He got submitted fast. Ray Mercer lost to fucking Kimbo Slicer lmao

>He can beat anyone on the planet
probably not even close who knows, mma has a bunch of rules, theres probably people out there who would fuck him up in a no holds barred sort of fight

>mma fighter in his first boxing match lasted 10 rounds with the GOAT of boxing
fixed that for you.

The fuck are they going to do? All the dirty tricks people can do to him, he can do as well.

The rules in MMA are: no kicks or knees to the head when you're down
No eyepokes, bites, fishhooks, manipulation of small joints, strike to the balls, strikes to the back of the head, strikes to the spine, hold the fence

I might be forgetting something but that's about it

I forgot: no headbutts
a lot of these were allowed before in Pride where they allowed soccer kicks and in the first UFCs they allowed headbutts, strikes to the groin and holding the fence

One on one JBJ wins, but outside the octagon its not one on one. I read once about a Muay Thai fighter who went to Thailand to fight and he a match. But he got into a bar fight with two dudes and one of them concussed the back of his head by hitting him with a folding chair from behind

matt mitrione wasn't a top-tier nfl player. not even close. he was a washout and yet he was still a competitive fighter

put one of the high end guys in the ring and you have a completely different story

james toney hasn't been a relevant fighter since the 90's you fool, and it was when he was a middleweight

Just being big and strong isn't everything. Some big guys have no chin and don't react well to getting hit.
He fought an older guy than him. Couture was 47 and Toney was 42

I agree with you, I love football and other sports but UFC heavyweights are the only thing close to superheroes

A lot of guys have massive success in MMA just due to their natural athleticism. Brock Lesner. Eryk Anders was a former NFL player with a 9-0 record. By no means an elite NFL player.

Tons of guys come in with nothing but wrestling and become greats, just learning on the fly. Guaranteed an elite boxer could do the same, just learning the basics of takedown defense an they'd eat their opponents alive at the standup.

Couture was still a top fighter. Toney had been washed up for a LONG time, and even though he was once great he never had the style that would transition well into MMA. He was a flat-footed counter puncher which makes him prone to a takedown. A boxer would with quick footwork would have way more success, and they would have a ton of success.

Vasyl Lomachenko would absolutely murder Dominick Cruz in the octagon.

Brock Lesnar was NCAA champion in Wrestling. I think he should be used to prove my point. Even a freak of nature that has high level wrestling got beat by pic related who is a smaller dude.

>During his first run in WWE, Lesnar developed addictions to both alcohol and painkillers, allegedly drinking a bottle of vodka per day and taking hundreds of Vicodin pills per month to manage the pain caused by wear and tear on his body. He named his accident at WrestleMania XIX as a particular source of pain.[17] Lesnar claims that, as a result of his addiction and mental exhaustion, he does not remember "an entire two years" of his WWE career.[253]

He was a great wrestler once but come on. He was a FAR cry from Rob Gronkowski in his prime.

MMA fighters are D-level jack-of-all-trades athletes and washouts from other sports scrapping for Dana White's crumbs

Yep, all the real elite athletes are making tens of millions per year. Until UFC starts paying it's athletes like a big league sport there will be no incentive for the best athletes to go into it.

Maybe the best athletes aren't there but there are fighters who are more athletic than others and they don't win every time. There are lot of explosive fighters that get caught by more technical guys in MMA. Sometimes you have dudes like Roy Nelson having success:
youtube.com/watch?v=bAuPfWssTT4

>Sometimes you have dudes like Roy Nelson having success:
Just imagine what Sergey Kovalev would do

gas in 2minutes

But roy nelson is a black belt in bjj. Of course boxers can find success but if they go the way there are right now, they'll get leg kicked because of the stance and they'll get taken down and submitted because they have no idea about grappling

Takedown defense isn't hard. It's mostly instinctive. But you'd had to get in close to shoot for the takedown against a boxing ability you've never come close to seeing before.

Nick Diaz is one of the better boxers in MMA and he gets schooled by scrubs in the boxing ring. There's a world of difference.

If someone shoots, and the boxer moves backward while unloading, the guy will get lit up like a Christmas tree. Especially the fast guys like Andre Ward. These are guys that have been training since like 5, and boxing is one of the superior fighting styles in MMA (look at GSP dominating with his jab and trained by Freddie Roach for example).

The top boxers would transition very well to MMA.

>The top boxers would transition very well to MMA.
And I'd add that Dana White likely knows this, which is why he gave Toney the worst possible match up. The fight was a sham to make UFC look better. Couture was still an elite fighter, Toney was far removed from it. Why didn't DW give him a tune up, or something competitive? He was afraid of Toney looking good. He put him against who was at the time the best wrestler in the sport's history.

And Toney was as old school as they come and would fight anyone any time, so that worked perfectly for DW. But that fight doesn't represent boxing vs. UFC, it represents DW's fear of a legit comparison.

>Takedown defense isn't hard. It's mostly instinctive.
TDD isn't hard? Then why the fuck wrestlers dominate MMA and they're taking down other wrestlers btw.
There are like 1 million fights where the striker faces a wrestler and gets wrestlerfucked the whole fight.

The threat of the takedown make some people tentative as well and they'll have to face new things like kicks, knees and elbows. Also wrestlers mix it up. They start faking the shots and then comes up with a strike.

It's funny that you mention GSP who is someone known to wrestlefuck guys his whole career.

You're acting like Jones couldn't pick up a gun and shoot you on top of being able to utterly beat your brains out hand to hand.

>Being an MMA athlete is the athleticism that is the most meaningful.
*cringe*

>We don't even know if this man can be beaten. He can beat anyone on the planet. ....It's the closest thing to a superhero

If MMA didn't cause shortened lifespans...and diminished quality of life...and paid better money than football and hockey and soccer and tennis and cricket and whatever we might actually have some elite athletes in MMA.
Truly elite, like Richard Sherman, Conor McDavid, Adrian Peterson, et al.
If we had that level of athlete your "superheroes" would have different names.

And look what happened when McGregor fought Mayweather.
Floyd weighed 126lbs when he fought in the Olympics. He is retired and old af, but he still spanked Conor like a child. Easily. He didn't even break a sweat.

Boxers are better fighters - and before you hurr durr too many rules, not like a streetfight: you know what's not like a streetfights? Going to the ground. You go to the ground in a streetfight, your opponent's buddies are going to swarm you.
And high kicks? They'll get you dumped on your ass 90% of the time, unless you're a kickboxing star.

I'd nominate this as more superhero-y:
youtube.com/watch?v=ndv9yo26ZAw

this, plus brainpower is realistically much better to have in the modern world than physical prowess

>boxer moves backward while unloading
Going to score point but KO is unlikely 'cause you can't put WEIGHT behind your punches.

it was damage control for Mercer - Sylvia

Lots of fighters can KO while moving backwards, and even if they can't, no one's shooting through a crisp double jab. That stops anyone in their tracks.

B-but Bisping lost to GSP
Rumble lost to Cormier
Wonderboy lost to Woodley (also that guillotine in their first match was as sick as inefficient)
etc...

It's like pure strikers loose to wrestlefuckstrikers. Even JBJ is a wrestler.

>B-but Bisping lost to GSP
There was hardly an wrestling in that fight. GSP has turned to Freddie Roach as his main trainer (Manny Pacquiao's trainer) and his fights since then have been predominantly boxing based. Because he's one of the greater martial arts minds in the sport and understands it's supremacy. He controls the fight with the jab but he doesn't have a jab even close to what an elite boxer has.

There wasn't a lot of wrestling but I bet it was in Bisping's mind the whole time. He knew he could get taken down at any time if he made a mistake.

and GSP took him down 3 times IIRC it's just that Bisping has solid TDD and also he could get up. But guess what? he trains those things

Also Wonderboy started training in his teens. The best boxers start when they're 4-5 years old. There are no strikers in the MMA on that level.

There are no Mayweather's, Michael Jordan's, Wayne Gretzky's that start at 13 years old. They're starting as toddlers. Jon Jones started in his 20's.

There's a world of difference in skill between the best boxers and the best MMA fighters

What use is striking if you can't stay on your feet? How can you think that a striker will be better at defending takedowns than people who specifically train to do that.
Have you ever trained Wrestling or Judo? It's not easy to defend
youtube.com/watch?v=8cgrWPXLeOc
youtube.com/watch?v=ZuUcMIG7l4I

this.

I know some high level hockey people, and they say that when assessing teenage players, that they can tell which players started at 5-years-old and which started at 6-years-old - and that those who started at 6 are at a severe disadvantage.

You have to move in with your hands low to land a take down. They've never tried that against an elite puncher before, with elite footwork. These are guys that land punches at will against boxers of a lower level. Coming in with low hands is target practice for an elite boxer.

Consider that Lomanchenko had an amateur record of 396-1. Read that again. 396 wins, 1 loss. He rips 6 punch combos at will against the best boxers that will face him. A non boxer would get fucked the second he enters his range.

Nothing I'll say will convince you. They set up the take down before shooting. You mentioned GSP, for example. He either shoots when you're middle attack or he uses the jab to shoot.
You don't consider that Lomanchenko is used to a set of rules and similar situations. Everything is familiar to him. Everything he does is expecting only strikes coming from the opponents hands. He'd have to face a totally different setting with different strikes allowed. It changes things a lot.

I did MMA myself and what you said just sounds stupid

u ain't on jon jones' level though.

I never said that. But comparing that to a superhero sounds like something a kid would say. I didn't say anything else, apart from I'm not interested in UFC videos. I don't even know who this is. There were other popular fighters, when I was watching UFC back then

I like K1 desu

I said that tongue-in-cheek. Superheros have abilities and defeat people blah blah. Fighters like Jones can beat 99% of the world with only his body. You took it too seriously.
K1 is cool too but it doesn't exist anymore I think
I think the biggest kickboxing event is glory or something like that

If we're gonna nerd it out, superheroes have supernatural abilities and perform heroic acts. That is not supernatural. UFC fighters are the modern day gladiators.

But hey, have fun with your thread, bro

Well, not all of them. There's batman for example :P
You're right about the heroic acts

Yes, Batman ist the exception, but he's unbelievably intelligent paired with his various martial arts that he has mastered. It's unreal to have that combination twice - especially not with a billionaire. How many people could you choose from in theory that could fit that description?

Yea and gassed out and stopped by someone that hasn't stopped someone in like 10 years lmao

MMA "athletes" haven't got shit on boxers

Reminder boxfags.

bleacherreport.com/articles/1406123-tito-ortiz-boxing-is-like-checkers-and-mma-is-like-chess

It's like if Mo Farrah competed with Bolt in the 100m. Does that mean he is a shit athlete because he'd obviously lose?

oh fuck off with that bullshit.
Conor got his ass handed to him by a tiny retired 40-year-old who weighed 126 lbs when he fought in the Olympics. It was embarrassing to see Conor shit the bed like that, but it was even worse for MMA as a whole because the sport had been building for years and finally had its chance to reach a TON of people. Then conor made a fool of himself and the sport and lost all his casual fans and MMA lost any respect it might have had.

Be realistic about what happened.

No it's not, Floyd was 40 years old and retired

Conor is 29 in his prime and couldn't keep up

McGregor has to train more than his hands. How hard is that to understand?

>tiny retired old man.
Yeah pretend it wasn't a guy who is undefeated and broke Marciano's record. Pretend it doesn't make a difference the fact that McGregor has to train hands, kicks, takedowns, ground game while Mayweather only trains one thing only and he is one of the best.

>McGregor has to train more than his hands

Are you retarded? You think boxers just "train hands" all day?

You understood what I mean. They don't need to worry about kicks, knees, takedowns or elbows.

and ground fighting.

Wealth and intelligence are the measures of power in modern society, not physical prowess.

No shit, sherlock. We're in a sports board though.

Didn't he KO Fedor, one of MMA's GOAT?

Schaub also ko'd cro cop, another MMA legend

>TDD isn't hard?
Nope
youtube.com/watch?v=8wgX-CEykF8
And this is a slow as fuck unathletic bodybuilder, imagine how good a pro boxer that's been training their reflexes from childhood would do.

>lost all his casual fans and MMA lost any respect it might have had.
>Be realistic
>UFC 217 did over a million buys in Canada alone (The official numbers aren't out yet but Dana white said that at the post fight press conference)
The biggest thing to happen in boxing in recent memory was an MMA fighter fighting in boxing.

ray mercer. mma fighters lose to pure boxers in mma all the time