Daily Reminder: If you hated TFA, you are in the minority

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?
imdb.com/title/tt0370533/?ref_=nm_flmg_prd_5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

$0.02 has been deposited into your account

>wahhhh i'm butthurt so i'm going to call him a shill

>i'm butthurt because I liked TFA so I'm going to call him out on calling him out on shilling

Reminder that if Rey was a man no one would be complaining about her being competent

Ok, at least I'm right (and not a greasy manchild virgin with three cats and a hillary poster on my bedroom wall)

I don't hate it, I just could not finish it.
When they saw the millenium falcon on not-tatooine and even called it garbage (which was just a throwback when luke called it junk) I just could not go on.

Daily reminder, if you voted for Trump you're in the minority

Gentle reminder you're a cuckold and pandering to hairy legbeard dykes won't get you laid

youtube.com/watch?

Daily reminder that if you don't The Dark Knight Rises is the second best capeshit ever made after The Dark Knight, you are in the minority

the movies with super naturally perfect male characters no one expects to be good. Hence the criticism. Some dumbasses actually let themselves expect quality out of the worst franchise ever.

Daily reminder that if you hate katey perry you are in the minority.

I dunno if we watched the same movie, but Rey gets knocked around quite a bit

Like, her final fight against Kylo Ren is largely spent running away and fighting defensively

Threadly reminder than Avatar was more loved than TFA and therefore a better movie. If you disagree, welcome to Minority Town

Holy shit are you retarded? She overcomes every obstacle with ease using an extremely wide range of abilities she already has, with no lessons learned or hardships ensured. Fuck I hate TFA fanboys

I was just explaining it to you brainlet. You asked a question, I answered.

Rey being a dog shit character doesn't even make my top 10 biggest problems with the film.

I didn't hate it. I feel completely indifferent about it. I reckon it's worse since art is supposed to stimulate one's emotions. TFA failed to engage me on any level.

what was wrong with it
yes it was a repeat
yes Rey was the worst character
but when i was in the cinema watching it for the first time it was fun.
All it needed to be was an Okay star wars movie so mainstream audiences would trust star wars again.

If Rey was a man, she'd still be a fucking Mary Sue.

Luke was likable because he actually had to learn. He didn't even duel in the first movie.

Rey is just magically amazing at everything. I can understand her beating Kylo because he was injured, but come the fuck on, she does not know more about the Falcon than Han Solo does. Making her character male wouldn't solve any of these problems.

Okay let's have a little thought experiment, shall we?

Reynaldo was abandoned on a desert planet as a young boy, forced to eke out a living by scavenging crashed ships and fighting to survive. He develops a knowledge of machines and how to operate them. He hears legends from passing travelers about heroes of the past. He aspires to someday meet those heroes, but feels compelled to stay on this planet, scrounging out a living, in case his family comes back for him.

He finally gets his chance to leave the planet, escaping with the help of a deserting enemy soldier, the two of them working together to fly a spacecraft and shoot down the soldiers pursuing them.

Then they meet Han Solo. I didn't like this part so I'll skip ahead to the part where "Reynaldo" touches the lightsaber, He has a vivid vision caused by the mystical power of the heroes of legend, and, overwhelmed by this revelation, flees into the woods, where he is captured by an evil counterpart to the heroes of legend(so much for "overcoming every obstacle with ease" by getting fucking captured in the middle huh?), and so Reynaldo's friends depart to rescue him.

Reynaldo is interrogated by the villain. He is more clever than the villain thinks, and is able to turn his mind-probe back on him. The villain leaves to consult his superior, allowing Reynaldo the opportunity to escape, using his new-found abilities, just like in the stories he'd heard about. He catches up with his friends, but while escaping, he sees one of his friends die at the hands of the villain, who proceeds to pursue them into the woods, and knocks Reynaldo unconscious, leaving only Reynaldo's friend to fight against the villain. He manages to wound the villain, before taking a massive wound himself, just in time for Reynaldo to wake up and call the weapon that he had earlier forsaken to him. Despite being wounded, the villain is quite aggressive, and Reynaldo fights defensively, until at last, he taps into his newfound power.

>she does not know more about the Falcon than Han Solo does

There were modifications made to the Falcon that she knew about and that Han didn't know about, since it had been out of his possession for a while

Imagine if, in ANH, after Vader kills Ben, Luke duels Vader and wins.
That's retarded, but that's basically what happened.

this

>Imagine if, in ANH, after Vader kills Ben, Luke duels Vader and wins.
>That's retarded, but that's basically what happened.

That's fine, because Rey doesn't destroy the Death Star like Luke does

If a character did BOTH, I think we could both agree that's bullshit

I'm okay with that. The movie was garbage.

I don't know about that minority thing though, Rogue One made like a half of TFA. It seems to have burnt a lot of the hype

Also in this case it would be more like "Luke and his black sidekick duel Vader only instead of Darth Vader it's a whiny kid"

>Luke was likable because he actually had to learn. He didn't even duel in the first movie.
So you fags are actually complaining that TFA does something different?

>does most thing just the same
>the few new things are absolute trash

I don't if I'll be able to help if you still don't follow this

>But user, being in the minority makes my opinion more interesting!
Ha ha ha.
No

As long as I'm right, I don't care.

TFA was shit and R1 was even worse, last good movie made by Disney was Up

Toy Story 3 tho

the thing it does different is having a mary sue protag

Fuck, I stand corrected

are you defending rey? she's mary sue right

What is Anakin?

>Rey is stranded on remote planet for 15+ years
>All this time she runs around scavenging parts from crashed spaceships and such
>She gets pretty good at understanding ships
>Her guardian one day is in posession of the Millenium Falcon
>Brings Rey with him OR Rey regularly sneaks in the ship to inspect it herself ("That one's GARBAGE")
>Learns about compressor, something Han is uneducated with
>Fucktards on this retarded board doesn't understand Rey has a fuckton of time to learn about everything including piloting, technology and languages

Them showing Rey grow up learning these things would be boring usage of valuable screentime, and her doing so is blatantly obvious

She is not better at using the Falcon just because she has knowledge of an alien part not installed by Han
We've had 4 movies (soon 5) with Han piloting the MF.
Rey has 1 where she does something I am 100% sure Han could do, piloting-wise
He even lands on a planet out of mid warp-speed in the same movie

This site is full of normies

I rarely see people missing the point is such spectacular manner.

TFA sucks, it's too obvious that screenwriters were told to make her strong indapindont wimyn or they would be castrated by cunt in chief kennedy (who btw is making another progressive movie about white girl marrying a nigger warlord
imdb.com/title/tt0370533/?ref_=nm_flmg_prd_5 )

Who the fuck cares? I liked TFA, but there's a ton of movies that I don't like that "the majority likes".

What the hell does that matter? Develop your own fucking taste you fucking retard sheep.

I wish they'd just leave the franchise alone.
Wasn't the second trilogy torture enough, now this?
I guess they need to sell toys and make filler movies.

No. You are dumb. Stop talking.

Of course I am, because this movie was made for the broadest audience possible and not for Star Wars fans.

>this post is unironic and is the result of neo-Sup Forums

>made for the broadest audience possible and not for Star Wars fans.

but both those things are the exact same

Does that mean I can get affirmative action now?

How anyone can actually like that movie is beyond me. It's a fucking star wars fan film. It sucks. There is no excuse. You have to kill yourself for being so retarded. You morons allow hollywood to get away with shit.

The original Star Wars trilogy was renowned for its creativity.
What we got today is but an uninspired attempt. This movie is dumb.

Everyone I know thought it was meh or hated it so I don't feel in the minority at all. Maybe it is because I don't go to reddit

An incredibly gifted but massively flawed character.

You have literally no idea how people can have different tastes? Just wait until you pass puberty.

>How anyone could ever like a product created for mass consumption is beyond me
>I'm a redpilled snowflake who knows everything about gender equality and its effect on movies
>I could've made a better movie than Abrams

You're too far up your ass to actually review this movie unbiased

Wow you guys really think your opinions matter I guess
>they don't

>Reynaldo was abandoned .. scavenging crashed ships .. develops a knowledge
okay
>He finally gets his chance to leave the planet, escaping with the help of a deserting enemy soldier
You mean outpilots a bunch of pro-pilots after rescuing a robot, turning down a big reward for that robot, then defending it from two attackers.

> I'll skip ahead to the part where "Reynaldo" touches the lightsaber,
The part where it calls to him instead of being given to him.

>He is more clever than the villain thinks, and is able to turn his mind-probe back on him
Is able to out-mindread a pro mindreader. Yes.

Where do you think we are?

I'll soon become a minority in my own country so this feel is not unknown to me.