Tfw just now realizing most of Sup Forums didn't grow up in the 80s like I did

>tfw just now realizing most of Sup Forums didn't grow up in the 80s like I did

>tfw most of you were probably born after 9/11 or were to young to remember it

So childhood for you guys was basically watching How I Met Your Mother instead of Married With Children?

The Chronicles of Narnia instead of Back to the Future?

Jesus Christ, that's just so wrong to me.

That's so fucking fucked up.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2ew7SKIT7FI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's the reason why shit like "X-Men: First Class" and "Prometheus" are considered good movies.

We're old, man.

I am 41 and I hate those movies.

>they think Emma Watson is good/attractive actress because they grew up watching Harry Potter

She was attractive in the first 2-3 movies.

I honestly noticed a distinct drop in movie quality around the year 2004 and every movie since then has been awful. It's like Hollywood lost its way after the new millennium or something. Have you noticed that every time a new movie comes out, the default reaction to it is "That looks like shit"?

All of those things are the same shit-tier quality.

Newer movies are better movies. Get over it Grandpa.

You get the odd decent movie now and again but the drought is real.

I did 1975 here OP

LOTR movies were the last good blockbusters

We're also the last generation to remember what life was like before social media.

Everyone after us is of the Facebook/Google era.

>just now
the incessant youtube reviewer/personality threads didn't tip you off?

i'm 80s kid, and think those raren't horrible. In fact First class may be tthe best xmen movie, despite jlaw and not-that-good Emma

Prometheus also okay, except for the retarded "scientists"

Exactly. I can't believe generic action movies like John Wick, Taken, and Jack Reacher are now so popular, when they'd be considered bargain bin-tier if they came out in the 80s/90s.

You may think we're not part if the same generation, but regardless of what shows we watched we all got brought up in the media-era, when generations define themselves and connect through what media-products we consume and make part of our "personal" history.
We're basically the same mediaval children, minds unborn within the confines of rectangular pixelboxes.

Terminator 3 was when you knew things were bad.

You're just too dense to realize you're saying ye olde classic "everything from my Era was great and everything new is shit" completely ignoring that old shit was just as common, it's just not remembered.

Deal with it faggot. At least some of us are growing up. You sound like a manchild.

my nigga, when she was a kid she was so damn fine

No you're not, retard

Also, reruns exist

I grew up watching all the same shit you old farts did except there was other newer stuff on top of that

Cinema was great until 2008-2009.

I'm 26 and I've "discovered" 20s/30s/40s movies a few years ago. They are so much better than the current Hollywood offerings.

No hipster. I just love those movies. I've been watching 1 or 2 movies a day for the last 4 years and I still have so fucking much more to watch. It's great. My only problem is that I have so many to watch, I don't have time to rewatch the ones I loved more than others.

I still watch a few (very few) recent movies, but most of them are very disappointing. The last ones I watched that were good were throwbacks to other eras (The Nice Guys, The Final Girls).

What are some great 20s/30s/40s movies?

>Prometheus also okay

How is a movie that features a fucking ring ship rolling over a character like in the Looney Tunes okay?

>tfw genuinely appreciated the Artist for it's throwback to the silent era and Astaire-Rogers even though most of Sup Forums despises it

>Facebook/Google era
you make a comment on fb to an article from your user-account, and these fags say you're a troll if you have a different opinion, just because they were conditioned by fb to give all their personal info to a bigbrother system, They probably never saw a forum where people use nicknames. (btw this is a thing for older people too)

Or is this a thing only in my eastern europe country?

also CGI is stopped advancing. In some cases newer ones are even worse than ones from a decade ago

Joke's on you pal,I am old! HHAHAHhaha ha ha...
;_;

Things called 'reruns' and 'DVDs' do exist, you know.

>is not proud of his life experiences
Might as well kys

No, Alien: Resurrection was

it didn't stop advancing you stupid piece of shit it just got used more sloppily

anything Val Lewton, William Castle and Howard Hawks made
anything with Cary Grant, Katharine Hepburn, Mantan Morland or Vincent Price

I can't be the only one who found this chick insanely hot in this movie.

A:R was 1997, so that was still a fair few years before the shit really started to hit the fan. As another user said, LoTR was the last of the great movie blockbusters.

DUDE

Who the fuck would want to be old? Being at the end of your teen years/early 20s right now is great, you're old enough to have had a fair chunk of your childhood be normal and pre-internet and still got the leftovers of what was popular in the 90s but young enough to have the internet and have any music, movies and games that you want at your fingertips. '94-2001 kids got it made.

What life experiences? I finished college in my home town and I am living there and I inherited the house I live in. The only interesting thing about me is that I am fit and it's only interesting because people think I am an athlete and not the guy who only goes out of his house to work out.

CGI looks even worst now imho. It like watching SD animation on a HD background. It looks great if you switch the movie to SD though.

idk, made from adamantium or whatever fucking strong alien material

>there are people about to graduate highschool who weren't alive during 9/11

I'm 30 but I grew up with 80s movies because my shithouse Eastern Euro TV ran them all through the 90s. They're also much better than anything that came later, from mid 90s onwards was a colossal downgrade.

In my gym there is this huge 6'5 kid who was born in 2000. What the fuck? The guy doesn't know about Ace Ventura or Jim Carrey for that matter.

> The guy doesn't know about Ace Ventura or Jim Carrey for that matter.
Good. There's still time to save him from becoming a pleb.

Fads/cultural movements are an irrelevant concept in the age of the internet. It's sad for the youth of today since the 2010s are so identity-less compared to every other era but at the same time you older folks can contact people who you can nostalgiafag with whenever you want and watch /listen to all the things from your childhood.

agree on wick. The worst, sillyest 80s action flicks weren't as bad as this

does "screenwriter strike" rings a bell?

also fuck this youngfags
>t. born in 80s

it's sad that you made this thread, OP

???

it's the action that is the problem, not the ship

it's silly as fuck, yet presented in a serious way

>How I met your mother
>Married with children
>Chronicles of Narnia
>Back to the Future

Watched all of these desu

Also Deadpool is an awful film

pl/cz/sk/ro/hun?

>Married With Children
is bullshit

almost all network sitcoms are trash

>So childhood for you guys was basically watching How I Met Your Mother instead of Married With Children?

No it was Malcolm in the Middle, the greatest sitcom of all time.

>The Chronicles of Narnia instead of Back to the Future?

Never watched Chronicles of Narnia but BTTF is my favorite of the 80s classics. .

SK.

Why did the 80s last until 2000 in Eastern Europe?

Will the next generation even know who the science guy is?

I love Ryan Reynolds, I think he's a really good actor... when he's not doing capeshit or Hollywood mainstream movies.

Buried
The Voices
The Nines

The guy has range. He's too much of a comics fag though. He'll put on tights at the drop of a hat for no reason.

>Why did the 80s last until 2000
nope. at least in poland 80s died down around 1992-1993
also
had gommies - have regress

Yes. As the annoying little shit Millenials keep raving about.

yeah he's got a new show coming to Netflix

i feel u

>Buried
that was a good flick

I know you are joking but it's sad to see that the movie stars of your childhood are now obscure,at least with younger people. Makes you realize how time passes and soon Miles Teller and Jonah Hill will be the old guys and you will stop paying attention to movies and you die.

Go to bed grandpa

They haven't, but after '89 we got a shit ton of western movies that weren't available during the 80s so people treated them like they're new. I remember watching Halloween 2 as a little kid and scared shitless.

>joking
No, I'm not. If you were an adult in the 70s or 80s you would hate all the stuff you like and consider it immature too. You would view it the same way you view modern films.

I just got up!

Stop shilling yourself, Ryan

You sound like a major teen to me actually

I'm 30, there was nothing defining in my generation

All the trends happened and came back 4 years behind me

I remember pogs yoyos and pokemon cards and then nothing

I wish I looked like Ryan...

I'm more of a John Candy-type, but with the constant sweating of Chris Farley and the booming voice of John Goodman.

it's the best of all time, though

wtf? were you aleep during the neo-noir revival of the mid to late 90s?

23, grew up with:
>tail end of pokemania
>LotR
>Pirates of the Carribean
>The Matrix
>Old enough to remember 9/11 but wasn't old enough to worry about it
I'd say I got it pretty good.

>30
>didn't spend his teen years playing new role playing games while making fun of the players still using D&D

You missed out.

>it's a OMG THERE'S PEOPLE BEING BORN AFTER ME!!! -episode

oh come one

if you weren't so retarded you'd realize there were people being born before you too

I wonder what it's like to have so little content in your life you have to seek self-worth in the fact that you were arbitrarily born before certain other people.

yeah yeah I listen to my dads records because it' better than the music the kids today like too

you're old and young people think you're a boring old man

That shit was garbage. If you mean Dark City etc.

What I've learned from this thread is that culture was fine throughout the entirety of history until January 1st 2000

>implying anyone should care what young people think

Yeah I'm old too and it really hit me the other night when there was a thread that was full of 90% normalfaggot Sup Forums kiddies. Brainwashed retards who just keep suckling at the boob of propaganda and will readily and hastily sign their rights away for magic beans because they grew up in a post 9/11 world where freedom is slavery.
Thank god I'm finally starting to get my shit together and am slowly beginning to re-enter society after nearly a decade of neetdom.
Hopefully I won't have to come back here much unless I'm looking for a fap or to laugh at the next "tragedy" to hit the news.
Fuck all of you worthless faggots.

>Thank god I'm finally starting to get my shit together and am slowly beginning to re-enter society after nearly a decade of neetdom.
How?

So check this out op, I am taking a class and most of the student are our age, but there are a few fresh college kids in there. One of them has a band. He was telling me about his show. The bands all play for twenty minutes. Twenty minute sets. Why? He says that audiences get bored of the same band if they play for more than twenty minutes. Growing up with the internet has diminished human attention span that much. And you know damn well they play with their phones for most of those twenty minutes anyway.

We were the last generation to know what it's like to actually experience anything fully.

im born in 89 and honestly wish i born later.

i didnt get high speed internet until like 2004.

I sobered up.
If you want to make it in this world, you're gonna have to ditch the fermented jew and any other addictive jew you're currently hooked on.
Maybe after you're working a steady job you can slowly sink back into such degeneracy, but if you're struggling to get out of your mom's basement, the first step is putting out that joint/dumping out that beer.

Humoresque (1946) is great

Never did either in my life, and I don't understand how a NEET could even have the money for it. I guess you're just from a good country where you can make it if you're not a completely worthless fuckup. Forget I asked.

Dark City? Nah

I mean Fargo, LA Confidential, Insomnia, Usual Suspects, Seven, Pulp Fiction, Devil in a Blue Dress (based Denzel), Cop Land, Jackie Brown, Bound (my favorite), Mulholland Falls (not Drive), Big Lebowski (tv's favorite), Spanish Prisoner, etc.

>Bawww I live in shithole

Kill yourself pajeet.
You sound like a whiny bitch with a victim complex.
No wonder you're still a virgin.
Faggot

Joan Crawford was CraaaZy. I love her.

This post brought to you by PEPSI (TM)

I just don't get it. Why do people continue getting born after I've already perfected it?

Weird, I completely forgot I saw all of those.

Are you the same cuck faggot that was "addicted" to pot (herbal Jew) from a couple days ago?

Even if you're not, getting addicted to anything if fucking pathetic. Try getting addicted to suicide you stupid loser

Underage b&

>Never did either
there's your problem. you're a fucking pussy.
>wahh I was born in the wrong hemisphere
Bullshit faggot! If your country was that bad you wouldn't have fucking internet.
Get off your ass and look for a job nigger!

wow check that edge, it's sharp!

You're so edgy.

youtube.com/watch?v=2ew7SKIT7FI