/cfb/ - “This is what SUCCESS looks like” edition

>Friday, 10:30 PM ET
FS1: #9 Washington (8-1) at Stanford (6-3) (Wash -6.0)

>noon ET
ABC/ESPN2: #15 Okie State (7-2) at #21 Iowa State (6-3) (OKST -6.5)
ABC/EPSN2: #23 NC State (6-3) at Boston College (5-4) (NCSU -3.0)
CBS: Florida (3-5) at South Carolina (6-3) (SC -7.0)
FOX: #12 Michigan State (7-2) at #13 The Ohio State University (7-2) (tOSU -15.5)
ESPN: Arkansas (4-5) at #24 LSU (6-3) (LSU -17.0)
ESPNU: UConn (3-6) at #18 UCF (8-0) (UCF -38.5)
FS1: Nebraska (4-5) at Minnesota (4-5) (UMN -2.5)
BTN: Rutgers (4-5) at #14 Penn State (7-2) (PSU -31.5)

>12:20 ET
ACCN: #17 Va Tech (7-2) at Ga Tech (4-4) (VT -3.0)

>3:30 ET
ABC: #20 Iowa (6-3) at #8 Wisconsin (9-0) (Wiscy -12.5)
CBS: Deep South's Oldest Rivalry (UGA -2.5)
ESPN: FSU (3-5) at #4 Clemson (8-1) (Clem -17.0)
ESPN2: WVU (6-3) at K-State (5-4) (KSU -2.5)
BTN: Michigan (7-2) at Maryland (4-5) (Mich -16.5)

>4:00 ET
FOX: #11 USC (8-2) at Colorado (5-5) (USC -13.5)
SECN: Kentucky (6-3) at Vanderbilt (4-5) (Vandy -2.5)

>5:30 ET
PAC12N: #19 Wazzu (8-2) at Utah (5-4) (WSU -1.0)

>7:00 ET
ESPN: #2 Alabama (9-0) at #16 Miss State (7-2) (Bama -14.0)
ESPN2: Purdue (4-5) at #25 Northwestern (6-3) (NU -4.5)
ESPN2: Toledo (8-1) at Ohio (7-2) (Tol -4.0)
LHN: Kansas (1-8) at Texass (4-5) (UT -33.5)

>7:30 ET
SECN: Tennessee (4-5) at Mizzou (4-5) (Mizzou -10.5)
PAC12N: ASU (5-4) at UCLA (4-5) (UCLA -2.5)

>8:00 ET
ABC: Catholics vs. Convicts (ND -3.0)
FOX: #6 TCU (8-1) at #5 OU (8-1) (8-1) (OU -6.5)

>10:00 ET
ESPN2: Oregon State (1-8) at Arizona (6-3) (UAZ -22.5)

Other urls found in this thread:

espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21329007/florida-state-reschedules-game-ulm-dec-2
youtu.be/3ogMIALYmzA?t=28
ncaa.com/news/football/article/2017-09-07/colleges-most-represented-2017-nfl-opening-day-rosters
sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/florida-coach-odds-favorites-dan-mullen-scott-frost-steve-spurrier/qkaklycfjzld15cxpjcuoxm1b
seccountry.com/florida/former-florida-coach-dan-mullens-wife-discusses-difficulty-coaching-gainesville
youtube.com/watch?v=2oadiICk5_g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1. Georgia (9-0)
2. Alabama (9-0)
3. Notre Dame (8-1)
4. Clemson (8-1)
5. Oklahoma (8-1)
6. TCU (8-1)
7. Miami (FL) (8-0)
8. Wisconsin (9-0)
9. Washington (8-1)
10. Auburn (7-2)
11. USC (8-2)
12. Michigan State (7-2)
13. Ohio State (7-2)
14. Penn State (7-2)
15. Oklahoma State (7-2)
16. Mississippi State (7-2)
17. Virginia Tech (7-2)
18. UCF (8-0)
19. Washington State (8-2)
20. Iowa (6-3)
21. Iowa State (6-3)
22. Memphis (8-1)
23. NC State (6-3)
24. LSU (6-3)
25. Northwestern (6-3)

WHERE
IS
NOTRE
DAME

>espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21329007/florida-state-reschedules-game-ulm-dec-2

>FREE SHOES UNIVERSITY
>SEMENHOLES
>ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

Please don't hurt our meme coach

>tOSU -15.5
That can’t actually be the spread, right?

Dammit. I want them ineligible so bad. Now I have to depend on Florida to beat them.

F R E E M O N E Y
R
E
E

M
O
N
E
Y

I wonder how much extra it cost them to have Louisiana Monroe put a canceled game back on the schedule during championship weekend when it's almost guaranteed no one will watch that game

They'll regret it.

Look at the ones for UCF and Texas lmao

see

>the Seminoles (3-5) are off to their worst start since 1976 and may need it for bowl eligibility. Florida State has not missed a bowl game since 1981. Louisiana-Monroe is also 3-5.

So on Dec 2, the day of all the big conference championship games, we also get ULM at FSU to see if FSU can get to a bowl game. lol

What's Up Fuckers!?

You MotherFuckers! Wisconsin never gets any Fucking respect! How you can you be undefeated in one of the Top conferences but you ain't in the Top 5?

That's Fucking Bullshit! BULL. SHIT.

They better not being allowed get away with this shit! There needs to be a Fucking investigations if this is allowed to stand. They've dominated teams all year! Nobody has even given them a Fucking scare yet!

To much hype for nothing.

This makes me really tempted to put $100 on MSU

1. Win
2. Win
3. Win
4. Win
5. Lose
6. Win
7. Lose
8. Win
9. Win
10. Lose
11. Win
12. Lose
13. Win
14. Lose
15. Lose
16. Lose
17. Win
18. Win
19. Win
20. Lose
21. Win
22. Win
23. Win
24. Win
25. Win

seriously how is alabama not #1

shit is rigged

So what if notre dame, Clemson, Oklahoma, and tcu win out, Wisconsin and Miami each lose one game but win the big 10 and ACC championship game respectively? What happens to the CFP?

Urban Meyer also has exactly 31 losses in his career btw

oklahoma and tcu play each other.
clemson would necessarily lose to miami in the acc championship game

Think about it like this:

65 teams (Notre Dame plus the 64 teams in the Power 5)

That's like March Madness all year. 68 teams go to the Big Dance (since 2011) in basketball

Then, in basketball you also have the NIT tourney (32 teams), which is like the 32 best teams in the G5

I know! I love college basketballl too. Baseball to a lesser extent but thats a product of what school I root for having an excellent baseball program

Win over #3 away is more impressive than a win over #25 at home. The SECCG will sort it out.

Here are your leading sack masters in the Power 5

Isn't College baseball irrelevant? Don't Baseball teams draft guys straight out of High School?

Because they haven't played anyone

Literally every week Georgia's pass defense or offense is what everyone talks about. Meanwhile Jake Fromm has the third best QBR in the country The defense is top ten in pass yards allowed and number one on passes over 25 yards.
The Missouri game is really the biggest argument but they have a top 10 oline and their quarterback Drew Lock leads the COUNTRY in touchdowns. Mizzou shouldn't lose another game this year.

Georgia looks like a real juggernaut.

>Drew Lock leads the COUNTRY in touchdowns.
How the hell did this happen? They could win 8 games! They were 1 and 5!

>"The championship game will sort it out"
Terrible reddit quote that fails to even attempt to form an argument on the current state of the polls. Neck yourself.

What's the issue with the polls?

College baseball is irrevelant in the Big Ten states (which have hockey instead which is also GOAT), but college baseball is awesome, especially in the SEC, ACC, Big XII and the whole West Coast

Most of the players drafted come out of college, for example, look at the last 1st Round:

2017 MLB First Round
-ten drafted out of high school (will have to pay them big bucks to convince them not to go to college), the other 17 were drafted out of college:
-LSU (great program)
-Florida (great program)
-South Carolina (great program)
-Kentucky (solid program)
-UNC (great program)
-UNC (great program)
-Louisville (great program)
-Vanderbilt (great program)
-Vanderbilt (great program)
-UVA (great program)
-UVA (great program)
-Oregon (great program)
-Missouri
-Houston
-UCF
-UC Irvine (pretty great program)
-Missouri State

As for those 10 kids drafted 1st Round out of high school, they have a big decision to make. It's really hard to turn down college because college is a lot better than going to the minor leagues and playing for some 1A team nobody cares about and living the miserable life of a lower-tier young minor league player. College is obviously the better path, because along with working on your college degree and getting laid with all the hot college chicks, the good college baseball programs have huge followings and awesome stadiums and enviroments. Also, if you turn down college, you are turning down your only chance for a college education and the college experience (sure you can go back to college if you bust out in the minor leagues, but you'll be like 4-5 years older than everyone else in college and that's no fun)

(cont.)

Only way you go to the minors out of high school is if MLB throws you an offer too good to turn down. For example, here are two of the best players in baseball today that turned down college:
Manny Machado - turned down college (South Carolina) for a $5.25 million contract
Francisco Lindor - turned down college (Florida State) for $2.9 million

But MLB doesn't throw money at high school kids like that very often unless they are absolutely worth it, and their aren't players like that very often

College baseball is littered with super-studs. It's awesome. I've been watching for years. I like it way better than MLB because in college, they play a best 2 of 3 series each weekend, so Friday night you watch your superstar Ace. Then Saturday night you watch your other superstar Ace (most great programs have two). Then if you haven't won the series by then you watch Game 3 around noon/afternoon on Sunday for all the marbles. It's like college football, where you only have 10 big games in the season... same with college baseball, you have 10 big "games" on the weekends (ten best 2 of 3 series Fri-Sun each weekend) then you have the playoffs. If you don't watch college baseball, I highly recommend it

Seriously how the fuck do we beat SMU and hold them to the lowest offense scored all season and don't move up at all? Some of you are alright, don't go to the ranking show next week

What a terrifying number.

You have to go undefeated for two straight years to make it. If you go undefeated this year AND next year, you'll make it.

There isn't one, the CFP poll is perfect as is at the moment, but the line that "the ccg will sort it out" is so overdone and doesn't attempt to describe the polls as is.

>UCF 18th
>perfect

Because the CFP rankings are based more off the past than what's coming.
>Loser of TCU vs OU wins the big 12
>USC wins pac 12
>Wisconsin loses the big10
>UCF wins out
I think they'll have one hell if a argument to get in, especially with the way their schedule ends.

I think the the AAC is better than they get credit for. They've definitely distanced themselves from the other G6 conferences. I believe the Big12 ends up robbing 4 teams from the conference in the next 10 years.

If Trump was any good as a President he would make it law that any conference with a number in it has to change their name to accurately reflect how many schools are in said conference

It is. G5 schools are G5 for a reason. They'd probably beat Washington State or NC State 5/10 times, but do you really think they can compete with teams around the 10 slot? Auburn could score 80 on them if Malzahn wanted to. USC would kill them even with how injured USC is right now.

have you been following cfb? many of those teams play each other. Oklahoma and TCU in particular play twice if they both make CCG

Too bad that isn't going to happen then.

Auburn could not score 80 on UCF you secnigger. They barely even beat Mercer. UCF is not a sun belt team, and The American is pretty much a G5 conference in name only.

and also we beat Baylor (number 6 and b12 "champ"), but hey that was just a fluke, right?

>The state of Ohio

it's like you haven't watched the last 12 years of bowl seasons

id be willing to wager the g5 has performed better in bowls than the big 10 over that timeframe

Oklahoma would hang 80 on UCF with ease, but UCF would get plenty of time for their great QB to put up TDs as well. As for Auburn, they run the ball and control time of possession to keep your QB off the field as Auburn grinds away TD drive after TD drive, just at a slow pace than Oklahoma would. On top of controlling time of possession to keep your QB off the field, Auburn has the D to shut him down when he does get on the field like they did to Drew Lock

And no, Mercer did not almost beat Auburn, you fucking dumbass lol. Auburn out gained them 510 yards to 246, and held them to 35 yards rushing (2.9 ypc)....and that was with the 2nd and 3rd string playing most of the game

Baylor doesn't bring in Top 10 recruiting classes every year like Auburn and Oklahoma do. Baylor is more like UCF.

see

>Oklahoma would hang 80 on UCF with ease,
Baylor said the same thing prior to the Fiesta Bowl. Didn't work out that way. The moment people overlook a good team, they get punched in the mouth.

>Mercer
>Auburn out gained them 510 yards to 246, and held them to 35 yards rushing (2.9 ypc)....and that was with the 2nd and 3rd string playing most of the game
>Mercer

>G5 schools are G5 for a reason

G5 schools are designated G5 by nothing more than TV contract issued by ESPN/FOX. That's it. There is no difference between the AAC/ACC/B12/B1G/P12/MW/SEC besides TV contract money.

Each conference has the exact same. 2-3 top tier programs, 4-6 mediocre programs, and the rest bottom feeders just soaking up the millions in conference pay outs while contributing nothing to the value of the conference. See Kansas, Oregon State, Vandy, Wake Forest, Rutgers and Maryland....

btfo

youtu.be/3ogMIALYmzA?t=28

I mean
I know they're shouting "Fuck Auburn", but all I hear is "White power", can you hear it too?

TV Money. Wisconsin will get approximately $40M in conference money vs UCF will be approximately $6M from the AAC.

That's the difference. TV branding, not quality of team or wins. The committee and media will not admit this, but, it is reality.

cry more

alternatively your school could git gud and move to a relevant conference

Just stating the financial facts Emu. How are your bird over lords?

leave

And Baylor did what they said, they hung 42 on UCF with ease. That's a blow-out. Only reason UCF stayed in the game was because they had #3 overall draft pick at QB

Also, see how Baylor doesn't control the time of possession and gave UCF 34:47 minutes on offense while Baylor only got 25:13 minutes on offense? That's the problem with being a high-flying offense

As for Mercer, when you are as loaded 3 deep as Auburn is you gotta play games like Mercer to see which of your 3 deep you want for when SEC play starts. It is exactly like the NFL does with preseason games and you want to prepare your players for what it's like in the NFL, that's the whole point of having a college football program

Here are the number of players from each college that made one of the 2017 NFL 53-man rosters:
ncaa.com/news/football/article/2017-09-07/colleges-most-represented-2017-nfl-opening-day-rosters

Baylor has 15, UCF has 13

for the games this weekend:

Auburn has 34, Georgia 38

ND has 31, Miami 44

Mich State has 29, Ohio State 42

Oklahoma has 33, TCU 20

Florida has 45, South Carolina 25

Clemson has 38, FSU has 40

Stanford has 28, Washington has 23

Oklahoma State has 13, Iowa State 6

Iowa has 26, Wisconsin 32

Arkansas has 27, LSU 51

Rutgers has 16, Penn State 30

VT has 14 , GT has 15

WVU has 24, K State has 11

Michigan has 35, Maryland 12

USC has 45, Colorado has 13

Kentucky has 11, Vandy has 11

Wash State has 8, Utah has 31 (same as ND and more than Penn State)

Bama has 44, Miss State 17

Purdue has 12, Northwestern has 12

Toledo has 12, Ohio has 4

Kansas has 6, Texas has 29 (same as aTm, Tennessee, and Mich State)

Tennessee has 29, Mizzou 22

UCLA has 30 (same as Penn State), Arizona State has 13 (same as Arizona)

>autism

Haven't seen this amount of autism on /cfb/ in a while. This is nice.

>
>>autism

>Only reason UCF stayed in the game was because they had #3 overall draft pick at QB
You know it's embarrassing when you don't even say his name and just when he was drafted

poor UCF fans

>Jawja and Bama are the still the top 2 teams despite one of them losing at the SEC Championship gamr

oh i loved Bortles and love how he went to an NFL team right by UCF. And Jacksonville also drafted that awesome UCF RB Storm Johnson (who transferred to UCF from Da U) the same year they drafted Bortles. I was pretty excited about the Jaguars when they got those two awesome UCF guys. And remember that hot ass gf Bortles had (Lindsey Duke)? That was a great year for UCF

Good thing Bortles got her early hes J U S T tier balding now

UCF fans, have you guys pretty much resigned yourself to the fact that Scott Frost is getting promoted to the head coach of Florida (or if Florida doesn't want him then some other powerhouse)? I hope Lane Kiffin goes from FAU to UCF to replace him, that would be awesome.

Vegas dds to be next head football coach at Florida:
sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/florida-coach-odds-favorites-dan-mullen-scott-frost-steve-spurrier/qkaklycfjzld15cxpjcuoxm1b

>Scott Frost, currently the coach at Central Florida, and FAU's Lane Kiffin drew early betting action. Frost's opening price of 7/1 was shortened to 4/1, while Kiffin was adjusted from 50/1 to 20/1 on the first day of wagering.

>Mike Gundy
FUCK YOU HE'S NOT FOR SALE

>Chip Kelly

oh god, could you imagine? He's only 53 too, same age as Harbaugh and Urban

>lane kiffin

yes pls for the memes

>FSU scoring those many points

Honestly, UF is not a great location to coach. Very stressful, high demanding, small community. Dan Mullen's wife hated Gainesville and would come to the Orlando for grocery shopping because nobody knew her here.
seccountry.com/florida/former-florida-coach-dan-mullens-wife-discusses-difficulty-coaching-gainesville

If Frost goes, then his choice, but, comparing Gainesville VS Orlando. Fuck Gainesville. Jort wearing niggers everywhere, entitled old fucks constantly bitching if you do not win year 1 into a complete rebuild.

Frost is going to be welcoming a baby any day now. Raising a child in Orlando's atmosphere is greater than Gainesville.

If he does decide to jump ship and go into that shit hole, then in Danny White we trust.

Does anyone really think Meyer left because of a heart condition? No, it's Gainesville.

youtube.com/watch?v=2oadiICk5_g

2017 Week 11 UT Power Rankings Sponsored by Taco Bell™ picking up the tabs of 500 students from the student section & Wafflehouse

Miami (The U)
2. Bama
3. James Madison
4. BOOTYBLASTERS
5. Georgia
6. Wisconsin
7. Mount Union
8. UT Norman
9. Yale
10. Washington

bumping a non soccer thread

Frost is going to Nebraska not Florida

I'd also like to add Tennessee to this group of horrible places to coach at because atrocious fanbases.

Did OU become a Jordan Brand school?

I have family that are UT grads. They have this self righteous opinion that Knoxville is some booming metropolis that has a ton to offer. It is not 1998 anymore.

Yes UT has $$$$$, but, there is nothing there. There is literally no draw to bring recruits there to play besides maybe a sandwich from Sam and Andy's

Why does your family give a shit about Knoxville if they went to school in Austin?

i would be willing to bet a very large amount of money that she is not reading and has never read that book.

i chuckled

Do college fans like paul finnebaums opinion? or is he the skip bayless of college football?

For college student experience, Knoxville is the best I've seen. I actually posted pictures of how awesome Knoxville is in a Tennessee game thread on year a few years back, and the Tennessee fans love it, but we got all these bitter assholes here all pissed at how awesome it is. And I've never been there. I love my city, which is why i appreciate other great cities. As for you, wherever you live obviously sucks or you wouldn't be so miserable

When i see people get this mad over another city, i know it's a great place. Only great places make people mad. Never been to Gainesville, but checking it out and it looks nice. As for Orlando, i was there 3 days on business and didn't have time to research all the good spots, but from what i saw, it all sucked. But i know if i would have researched the good spots i would have found many.

As for Meyer, he loves Gainesville. For him not to would be to hate his own daughters. Both of them went all 4 years of high school at the largest high school in Gainesville (Nicki 2005-2008, Gigi 2007-2010) and both were superstar volleyball players that led the 6A High School to it's 1st Florida State Championship ever. That's huge winning Florida 6A. Both his daughters are Gods in Gainesville. Both played college volleyball, Nicki at Georgia Tech and Gigi at Florida Gulf Coast. At the mansion Meyer had in Gainesville he had a sand volleyball court for his daughters and their friends

i'm not saying orlando is great or anything but ive been to gainesville 8-9 times and it is a trashy hick town my dude

Tell me the place you went and i'll go check it out and tell you what i think. What did you go see there? Your white trash mom in a lower middle class neighborhood (which every city has) or did you go see the nice stuff (which every city has). You're inability to enjoy Gainesville is because you suck at life. I guarantee you i'll have a blast in Gainesville if i visit

Unsubstantiated.

His opinions are rarely controversial...so no they don't like his opinions.

>This is what success looks like
It's Minnesota, you're holding it upside down Fleck

>black announcer says Rourke is "deceptively quick"
>Rourke leads the nation in Rushing TDs for QBs
Black qbs and announcers btfo

G5 schools have vastly inferior OOC records against P5 schools.

Teams a bowl game would be fun against for your team.
>Oklahoma State
I know a lot of people want to see the ultimate meme game between Gundy and Leach, but I'd love to see USC, Ohio State, or Penn State play against us.

What is with the jorts thing? Is it just because it matches their colors?

he seems to be saying pretty controversial things about UM lately.

>say what miami did in the 80s was a "black mark" on the sport
then same sentence say
>penn state is whats right with the ncaa right now

wow dont take it personally man

where is saquon?
pic related or are you asking why they all wear jorts?