Do Americans really make conversations with strangers?

Do Americans really make conversations with strangers?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wR-MrJwqcFc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We don't like awkward silences. Or silence in general.

Yeah so

How're you doing today, user? How's the weather where you are?

Yes. But I don't. So many people think I'm a weirdo.

No, we just shoot them for being on our property. You can tell who the Polish immigrant trespassers are they all seem to have especially spherical head shapes and horrible hairlines.

Yes.

A bit warm but sunny out which is nice. I was sitting outside chatting with my new neighbors (two girls who work at a local uni) and their mothers who were helping them move in.

I'm cooking dinner right now.

You?

We're a friendly people. Come over and have a chat

Sunny, high humidity, I'm in Wisconsin so I'm expecting fall to start spontaneously

Oh, almost forgot we're getting ready to possible have a hurricane next week

Wish me luck

Hopefully it misses us

this
>tfw autistic

Literally everyday with people I don't know on my campus, it's not difficult because I'm not a sperg

Tfw you are a sperg even in Finnish standards...
>spend the critical years around 20 in your apartment behind black curtains listening to black metal and watching horror films when you should be out there learning to socialize with new people
>all attempts to socialize lead you to awkward situations
>those awkward situations make you feel even more unconfident
>a fucking paradox

no
they are shy

in the midwest if you dont engage in small talk youre seen as cold and snobby...or if your're ugly, you're a strange creature

I've been trying to smalltalk more to break out of my autism but I don't like it at all. I always feel like I'm intruding on someone else's peace.

I wish we were autistic like Germans and just left eachother alone
This sort of thing is just cancer. I DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT MARSHA'S HUSBAND SAID HOLY SHIT LET ME JUST WALK TO MY CAR IN PEACE

oh cmon guy is it really that big of a deal. its like 30 seconds at most

Good to see everyone's doing well. Happy weekend!
We just got back from a Renn Faire, and are really glad that Hurricane Jose didn't happen.

Yes. I was approached by an American tourist in a hotel lounge. While we chatted I couldn't help but be reminded of the associated Sup Forums meme.

but small talk is some sort of autism really, it's about repeating a familiar pattern in order to feel at peace/safe/comfortable whatever
it's not about the other person, because he's replaceable basically, at the end it's just about you really

After moving to a middle class neighborhood, I thought I would end up engaging in smalltalk with random people, but it hasn't happened so far.

evry time i see americans they’re just talking (loudly) over some irrelevant shit. I’d rather skip the chit chat and just admire the surroundings, or enjoy silence. How hard is it?

but seriously though, how are you doing?

Once you are dropped into that cycle it becamoes harder and more scary to get out of it
I really understand yourfeeling

small talk can actually be pretty comfy with older people, but I will never be the person to start discussion. However i hate when people of same age start small talk with me, because it makes me feel really inferior.

i start lot of small talks, people actually react pretty good most of the time, but you have to be and look really confident doing so, smile and shit othewrise it will be awkward

if i dont initiate conversations with my """friends""" then i never get any text messages or calls

maybe they just dont like me

it's easy to say shit like get new friends then or something, but that's something you have to know for yourself
personally I don't initiate text messages or calls because I hate that shit, but you can bet that I wouldn't hesitate to drive through half the country if they really needed my help or some shit

Americans think that being from not-America is chic and cool. "International" is a commodity here. If you are a foreign tourist in America, you should expect bombardment from curious fats.

>implying
Id love to see any strange looking foreigner try to introduce themselves in xenophobic deep south states.

Though i guess most tourists will have done enough research to know better than visit the south.

This.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wR-MrJwqcFc This basically summarizes the South's attitude to foreigners.

I'm not suggesting the German should waltz into Alabama

every day I thank god that I am not American.

Depends on where you're at.

In /Dixie/ it's common to have a full on conversation with a stranger at the grocery store.

>critical years around 20
pretty sure the critical years in terms of learning to socialize are a lot earlier than that

Yes but I don't. People try to talk to you even in public restrooms

Because being radioactive and having razor slits for eyes is what everyone should aspire to.

woah he just got BTFO so bad

its nice and windy. not too hot or cold.

i like that
if you talk to a young guy or gal in spain she can even get wierded out even for some small chit chat
>"wow, a total stranger talked to me on the street , can you believe it girls? haha so wierd"

.....what? Are you talking about Normie American or the sort of Americans that lurk Sup Forums? Because many if us would love a culture of Finland tier social avoidance

Sort of. The city I used to live in used to be small, and people would talk to each other, now it's been the fastest growing in the nation and everyone is pretty much an asshole now. Most young people are fucking spergs, too.
Really depends on who I'm around, people at work/school yeah, but like on the bus no.

isn't that what you're doing here?

It's hard to meet people, make friends, or get a GF without small talking them first, which is the opening to a real conversation where you probe them for shared interests. You can't have friendships or a GF without having conversations with them first. So most of the time it is pointless bullshit but hopefully it will lead to filling the void of social activity that is in my life.

Yes

t. American

Is this what they call a "red pill"?

Yes, I at the very least greet everybody I see in my neighborhood

Shit man..

All the time. Frankly, for me it's easier than talking to people you know - or else, why would I be here? Less at stake.

Only in public places in cities you aren't supposed to.
I usually don't because I normally don't have anything to say or anything interesting to say.

rude

Hows life in your fascist orwellian dystopia? Because as an American, I can tell you its much better over at home then here.

How is life there?

Yes, it's unpleasant.

I can't eat alone - their waiters come every 5 minutes and ask is it OKAY? They constantly add fucking water in my fucking glass.

Every Walgreens clerk is asking how's my life is going. What the fuck.

I know that feel. Chatting with old people is comfy. They dont even mind you being retarded as they are expecting you to be less knowledgable than them.

What happens in deep south states?

Pretty much this.

One time a few weeks ago when I was at the liquor store this old guy started talking to me about beer and it was pretty comfy. Old people are nice to talk to because they are usually just so happy to have someone to talk to as I imagine many of them are bored and lonely

Yes they do but i fucking hate it, am i autistic or just german?

>fall
>wisconsin

what for like one month until the half year winter starts?

Niggers, imbreds, hurricanes and humidity

Human. People weren't meant to spew over-excited words all the time.

I'm so bad at this holy shit
like I don't sperg if I'm talking to someone confident socially but I can't do it by myself, if there's someone shy in front of me it's hell. Pretty annoying to meet girls

>Humidity
Holy shit this.
We all don't get hurricanes, and Nogs/Inbreds are fairly quarantined, but you can't escape the humidity.

why not, it's the easiest way to meet new people

>tfw i don't smile at people who walk past
>tfw i don't talk to strangers
>tfw can barely order/pay for something at cash register without fucking up
>tfw living in eastern europe would mask my autism

How much is plane ticket to Polan?

Far more than any other country I've ever dealt with. I have no idea why. It's just guaranteed awkwardness.

>Americans cant stop shoveling food into their mouths
>Start spitting out shit instead

Many of us are not "socially avoiding",
we just don't need that much talk

>how are you is a greeting

Sometimes. From my experience they are either entirely socially inept or overbearing. Ideally people introduce themselves to people they intend to see regularly (neighbours, colleagues, etc.) but Americans either ignore your existence or go far beyond their social world.

Not that I'm complaining though. Americans refusing to talk to anyone is annoying (even if not really unexpected) but when they start random conversations its kind of charming.