For as much as this has been shilled on Sup Forums, it's pretty fucking bad

for as much as this has been shilled on Sup Forums, it's pretty fucking bad

I'm at the end of episode 2 and I just said to myself "why am I watching this? this is not good" and turned it off.

what was the deal with the fucking kangaroo?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lux49tqeOlE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe try watching Veggie Tales, it might be more 'your speed', friend

>giving a tv show 2 episodes before you drop it

absolutely pleb

I got to episode 3 and 4 and I started liking it a lot more

It's one of those shows that gets progressively better and peaks during the last two episodes

Sorrentino is pleb as fuck it's literally house of cards in Vatican so trashy and edgy. Just re-watch fellinis filmography instead op

It's one of those "I know it's good, or atleast is seemingly so, but I just don't get it and have a hard time enjoying it; regardless, if anyone asks IRL I say I loved it as not to come off as a pleb" type of shows.

Dumb yank posters.

You didn't get it. At all.
You are one of those who say the christian iconography in Evangelion is just pretentiosuness.

I hate the assholes who say "But...but...you need to get past the first 6 episodes and then...THEN...you'll be entertained!"

No, it never happens like that. If it interested me from the beginning I'd watch it even despite it's faults.

whatever you say

>hey did you like that food?
>'eh not really'
>well you just gotta KEEP EATING IT GETS GOOD EVENTUALLY!

more like
>THIS WHOLE DINNER IS TRASH
>but we're not even past the starters, just wait for the soup
>NO ITS ALL TRASH FUCK YOU REEE

No show sets out to lose people in the first episode. They thought people were going to love it and they failed.

>be kid
>be served broccoli
>don't like it but parents keep serving it, saying it's healthy and good for me
>reluctantly obey and eat it, despite wanting to eat icecream with ketchup instead
>after time learn to like eating broccoli and grow up to be a healthy motherfucking baddass

Typical pleb response

>here try this gourmet dish
>ew, I don't like it why isn't there enough high fructose corn syrup in it
fucking septics

ITT: People who don't deseve The Young Popeā„¢

>food analogies

back to Sup Forums

>>be kid
>>served broccoli with unhealthy amounts of shitty cheese
>>still liked broccoli
>>just don't like broccoli when it's served by an autistic direct...cook.

Italian reporting in, I've also seen everything Sorrentino ever directed, from movies to theatrical plays (he's a pretty big director here).
The Big Pope is by far his trashiest work so far, to a point where it's almost heartbreaking.

If you want to see an actually kino, auteur and historically accurate movie watch Il Divo, probably his best movie so far. It's about Giuliano Andreotti, the guy who ran the entire Italian government during the Cold War, and it focus on his ties with US secret services, mafia and his role in the Strategy of Tension (a period in wich the Italian government, with the help of the CIA, staged multiple terrorist attacks to discredit the Communist movement, wich at the times was the most influential one in Europe).

It's a great movie, and the cinematography and photography is magnificent.

sounds based, I'm checking it out

Thanks

thanks, will check it out

>I'm at the end of episode 2 and I just said to myself "why am I watching this? this is not good" and turned it off.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lux49tqeOlE

Much like Malick's films, if you don't like The Young Pope then it's just not your taste.

I would recommend watching Avengers or some other superhero movie

>house of cards in Vatican

Which are worse? Netflix shills or Disney shills?

I'd say Netflix shills because Disney makes decent movies from time to time but Netflix only produces absolute trash

Not enough talking raccons for you?

Where can I watch this shit show? Do I download it?

The fault lies with your piglet brain my friend

It's nothing like House of Cards, the young pope deals more with existential questions.

Got three episodes in. Shit was boring. It's just him being a dick to people.

Should have called it Asshole Pope

Memes aside it doesnt really begin til 3, 5 is astounding and so is 9. Two of the greatest episodes of television in our time.

>Lenny sends Voiello's waifu to a war torn african country to be BLACKED and not in a jesuit way
>We are supossed to think he is no longer a psycho

Wasnt it a mercy of sorts, like freeing Sister Mary to do well on her own, perform her own saintly deeds, rather than just serving as advisor?

I WAS JUST KIDDING
Don't you have a sense of humor?

If you don't like it by the first 10 minutes you're simply too stupid to understand it

Every episode is equally great and important. Its not like theres any real story arc, its strictly metaphors from start to finish

I dunno about all that mate, of course there are arcs, and while it's a singular vision, it's component parts, or episodes, can be judged individually as they each serve various purposes.