Song to Song

youtube.com/watch?v=V9t4SKWryWM

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Jägerstätter
youtube.com/watch?v=zhR2IDULSP0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I absolutely loved knight of Cups, so this looks great to me. Seems to have more plot and/or characterization so perhaps more people will like this one.

>DUDE WHITE ATTRACTIVE PEOPLE HAVE RELATIONSHIP PROBLEMS LMAO

holy fuck this looks like shit

>attractive white people are people too

What the fuck are they playing at?

>ONLY MAKE THINGS ABOUT THINGS I LIKE REEEEE

>white

Christian Bale got all his scenes cut

Are there people out there who serious fall for this marketing?

looks good. plot seems stupid though

Why are you upset, are you not white?

Is this the new GOOSED episode?

why is he so autism bros

Go away. Racism is not welcome on Sup Forums.

Leave this site and never return!

Is there a particular camera/lens Terry always uses? The way Knight of Cups and Tree of Life were shot look almost identical to this, the floating, hand held shooting where the camera feels like a wavering shadow of the character.

Steadicam running film with wide angle lenses in natural light shot from low angles and always moving

TYBM

with Terrence Malick, there's always a viewer contingency who cannot process the visual, auricular, and narrative techniques he uses to tell the stories he tells. from a narrative standpoint, all of his films have a linear structure with all the familiar beats and cues. the issue i often see criticized is his films don't use typical dialogue driven development and showcase more voice overs, fleeting moments, and expressionistic glimpses of nature. oftentimes, plot is secondary or even tertiary when it comes to visual narratives. hell, if Peter Greenaway had his way, he'd eschew plot altogether. Malick doesn't, though. his latest films are experimental but within the framework of pop, character driven films. it's just sad that mainstream audiences simply want more of the same and aren't willing to meet the films at their level.

well, that's my rant for the day.

cheerio!

>tfw Murphy is making it in Hollywood

I hate this nu-Malick style.

while i don't hate it, i do wish he would have continued the more story/narrative focused voice overs of his first three films. slightly less poetic or impressionistic. my personal favorite voice over work in his films come from Days of Heaven and Thin Red Line.

Never forget that people like this want you to be poor and miserable. And they think it's funny.

i dig everything about this but those ludicrous mosh pit shots. the music industry at all levels is known for its hedonism so i guess there'll be plenty of that. i wonder if the film will also end with some redemptive climax, those are getting quite stale.

Reminder, Terry's next flick also supposed to come out in 2017
>WW2 period drama about an Austrian Catholic who refused to join the war and was executed by Nazis
>no Lubezki, German DP instead (worked as camera operator under Lubezki and did a lot of German TV but this is his first big job)
>German co-production, with a mostly Germanic team, might even be shot in German(?)
>actual script, based on letters the man exchanged with his wife while in prison (expect voiceover)
>supposed to be released at the end of 2017
>Reminder that Terry's mentor was a Nazi (Heidegger)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Jägerstätter

lol. if all anyone has to say about Heidegger is that he was a Nazi, then they're simply baiting, mate.

yeah, Radegund (working title) is a different beast production-wise than his previous films. i hope to see somewhat of a stylistic evolution in his work. maybe longer cuts, maybe something else entirely. possibly even more in the nature of abstract visual but with focused voice-over work.

His style has continuously evolved, there's a massive change from TNW to TTOL, a large change between Tree and Wonder, and even between Wonder and Knight there are changes (that are more refined changes, showing he has found what he has searched and is now trying to make it even better).

in my opinion.

>Terry's next flick also supposed to come out in 2017
No it's not coming out this year, like Song to Song (formerly Weightless) was supposed to come last year and the year before.

It will be like, 2020 when that arrives

oh i agree, there definitely has been stylistic evolution in all his films. i'm simply eager to see where he takes us next. Knight of Cups and Song to Song will probably be the most similar due to proximity of production. i've yet to see either incarnations of Voyage of Time. hope to see them soon.

can you explain why you like Knight of Cups? I like Mallick but I just don't get that one.

whats the song in the trailer?

nu-male movie disguised as kinohouse

>think about the starving nigger cubs!

piss off

it's kino

nuff said

Runaway but I don't know the performer.Currently looking for it.

youtube.com/watch?v=zhR2IDULSP0

Well I found it.

WOW that looks like fucking trash

anyone see it yet? i've a question for those who have in test screeners, as it's yet to make the fest circuit. does the film primarily have an indie rock score or classical music like his other films? it would be neat to see a movie with a more modern music vibe.