Let's have an old fashioned 'Nam thread. Post your favorite kinos that fit the setting and shortly say why...

Let's have an old fashioned 'Nam thread. Post your favorite kinos that fit the setting and shortly say why. Discuss films, rate picks and what not.

Having read Heart Of Darkness, Apocalypse now amazed me how faithful it was to it's source material and how well it made a modern adaptation of it. The final scene where the drums just go wild is absolutely amazing, as was the whole film, and another thing that I loved about it was that I was completely mesmerized for over 2 and a half hours of it's run time (I've seen both Terminal and Theatrical version, I prefer the latter), while also impacting me by a large margin which rarely happens for me.

>Inb 4 It ain't me starts playing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo
>Implying inb4s will prevent me

Fun fact, my uni professor put it on during the class last friday. Couldn't stop laughing.

Another thread bites the dust.

Nobody cares about 'Nam anymore, where's all the Syria kino?

I don't have Seagal memes at my disposal, sorry to say.

American army haven't stepped on syrian soil, so nobody cares.

drill sargent kino

I prefer the 'Nam part, but boot camp was kino to the fullest. That banter between Joker and Animal Mother always makes me laugh.

I still can't understand why people shit on it that much. It's not Apocalypse Now and it is one of the weakest films Kubrick has done, but it's good regardless and deserves it's 5 minutes of glory.

The 2nd half of the movie is absolute kino and one of the truer pleb filters.

pic related is the pinnacle of war kino

Certainly a great film, couldn't agree more.

HOW TALL ARE YOU PRIVATE?

SIR, FIVE FOOT NINE, SIR!

FIVE FOOT NINE? I DIDN'T KNOW THEY STACKED SHIT THAT HIGH, ARE YOU TRYING TO SQUEEZE AN INCH ON ME?

SIR, NO, SIR!

rewatched this movie recently, while enjoying several beers. The wedding ceremony that constitutes the first act of the film is beyond words. It's masterfully constructed. When the soldier wanders in to the VA bar during the reception and just says "Fuck it" is one of the most chilling scenes I can remember. The opening tracking shot through the sawmill, the scenes at the bar, the drive up to the cabin and the hunts themselves.

Truly a flawless picture and a masterwork of cinema. Its so much more than a simple war movie, its about the soldiers themselves and everything about them in every way.

BULLSHIT, LOOKS TO ME THAT THE BEST PART OF YOU RAN DOWN THE CRACK OF YOUR MOMMA'S ASS AND ENDED UP AS BROWN STAIN ON THE MATTRESS, I THINK YOU HAVE BEEN CHEATED.

WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU FROM ANYWAY PRIVATE?

SIR, TEXAS, SIR!

HOLY DOGSHIT TEXAS, ONLY QUEERS AND STEERS COME FROM TEXAS, AND YOU DON"T LOOK MUCH LIKE A STEER TO ME SO THAT KINDA NARROWS IT DOWN.
DO YOU SUCK DICKS?

SIR, NO, SIR!

ARE YOU A PETER PUFFER?

SIR, NO, SIR!

Vietnam was /fa/ as fuck.

YOU SOUND LIKE YOU TAKE DICKS IN THE BOOTY. DO YOU TAKE DICKS IN THE BOOTY?

holy jesus, what is that, WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT