John Wick

Better than the first movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QI1FbtNIMCo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes

no. almost as good as the first. contrived plot and some bizarre editing detract from it

disgusting trash flicks for retarded plebs desu

This

way better desu. more engaging actually. the first one kind of overstayed its welcome with the whole car chase in the end. this one actually had me intrigued in the third act.

i dont get why hollyshit action movies are still a thing since raid 2 came out.

Both have good dogs.

Why does he look like an orc who is about to say meat is back on the menu?

Where is my FUCKING screener fuck

yeah

Yes. We could be privileged enough to enjoy a rare 3 > 2 > 1 trilogy.

Pretty shit, but the action is great

fucking kek

>Raid 2
>I'm so special, I watch Asian stuff

The Raid 2 isn't that good. It's not even better than the first movie. It's good, yes. But as an action flick? No kino.

It's a more technical film. First film showed off world building, second film showed off technical prowess.

they kinda beat you over the head with the lore of the world in this movie, where it was just kinda hinted at in the first movie

Action is still pretty good though, will keep it entertaining as thats what its all about, but if they keep making them i can tell its going to go downhill, as they always do.

10 years from now when john wick 8 comes out we will all be talking about how great the first 2 were and how shit its become

John will prob die in the third. There will be spin offs I'm sure.

The mirror sequence could have been cooler and more interesting but it was still a solid film I hope they end it with 3
the dog better not die

What is a good action kino flick then?

The first movie was trash, so I don't know why being better than that is a relevant thing.

John Wick Chapter 2

Watched it today, it was better than the first and pure action kino.

I really enjoyed both. I have no strong feelings about which one I liked better.

Ruby Rose was hnnnnng.

i thought so.

If you post on Sup Forums and think video games are art you will enjoy it.

The Terminator
Hard Boiled

What is your kino then?

hahaha, no he spared sister ist hinted all over the movie
then again they are going to reveal it at JW3

2 makes me fear for 3. KNOWING he dies in the end will take away from it a bit. He has to live in the homeless kingdom now and has no access to necessary resources, but now needs them more than ever. 3 will surely lack verisimilitude.

What the fuck are you even saying?
He spared the sister? She cut her wrists and he shot her in the head on screen.

He thinks the mute chick is the little sister.

I'm thinking I'm back

its just smoke and mirrors just wait

The dude he spared will be his backup, like Dafoe in the first one. Mute chick might come back and join them, too. Wick will live, the dog will live, and he will be ex-excommunicado or at least allowed to leave permanently.

Just saw it, got to say no simply for the fact men were just standing there and throwing themselves at John Wick to die in this one

Also in what physical universe did 90lb Ruby Rose ever think she had a chance in standing toe to toe with Keanu Reeves lol

DUDE
WHAT IF I LIKE
GRABBED THIS GUYS GUN
AND SHOT OTHER GUYS WITH IT
LMAO

The 3rd will be John Wick taking out the High Table members one by one

Nailed it

Does anyone have a still of when the screen panned to her tushy, it's cute and small :3

no

Am I insane for thinking that I'd never heard that much about John Wick prior to the announcement of the sequel
I distinctly remember John Wick 1 coming out and the general response being "Huh, what looks like some trash tier throwaway action movie with Keanu Reeves is actually pretty good", and then as soon as the sequel was announced it was being lauded by people like redditors as one of the greatest action movies ever

>Wick goes to seek help from international friends
>he arrives in Hong Kong
>walks into a Jazz bar
>taps an old chinese man on the shoulder
>this guy turns around

John Wick cinematic universe WHEN

Too much shooting. Like 95% of the movie was just shooting. Replace the catacombs scene with something else and the constant shooting might not get so dull

John Wick & DutDut team up in the 3rd

the raid 2 was even better than the first one, gtfo hipster

I don't know. The first one was phenomenal, but it was mostly a stylized action film. I just saw JW2 and it's more ambitious: it seems to take notes from ancient greco-roman legends, crafting a world that is larger than life, with all sorts of heroic and monsterous and even divine characters of sorts.

If we're following the tradition, he'll probably die, yes, finding the peace that he's looking for. Otherwise, he could somehow ascend in some way, becoming even more than a man, becoming essentially some kind of god.

Honestly, I would put my money on Takeshi Kitano being the big surprise star in John Wick 3, kind of like how Lawrence Fishburne was in 2.

My problem with The Raid 2 is that it kept switching between a crime drama and an action movie. It couldn't seem to pick one genre like the first, and as a result the pacing really suffered. The action was phenomenal as always, but I think this was a case where it actually got too ambitious: it tried to be Hard Boiled but with more martial arts.

Just saw it. It's better than the first. It's absolutely worth seeing if you even remotely liked the first.

What are some other new action films on par with this series?

I liked it, not sure what he's going to do now though after everything is now gone.
>No Wife
>Rental Dog
>Kicked out of the Club
>No House

>mute girl is wife replacement
>guy he spared in subway will be Dafoe replacement
>dog will be left with speedy gonzalez after getting his car back
>likely has other contacts to fall back on (morpheus, etc) from before he made it into the club
>never used the house anyway

Fishburne isnt a spoiler, they advertised the fuck outta him in ads, if they can get Hugo Weaving for the 3rd tho id have a aneurysm easily

There's going to be a LOT of names that will want to appear in the third now that people are seeing how well these have done. Absolutely anyone may appear in it now.

Mute girl is fucking dead Jim
We all know Wick is going to die ether in the third chapter or fourth chapter if it's popular enough.
OR, we'll get a new series of HOW John Wick became the demon he became as a Prequel AND OR one of his daughter/son learning the ropes on how to become the Boogey Man

>mute girl is dead
>actually getting tricked by such an obvious ploy

Come on, son.

I know you like her Jim but shes dead; besides shes probably into the same sex.

>Mute girl is fucking dead Jim

It's definitely better than John Wick

What, did she get up after having a knife rammed into her and pulled out?

Don't like her except as a character, being gay, but it's obvious they used his "if you pull it out you'll die" thing to trick you into thinking she's totally dead.

You know some people have their heart on the other side of their chest, right?

Why do people love John Wick so much? It's incredibly mediocre in every aspect other than the action, which is only slightly above average and is hindered by the fact that the characters and writing are so weak that you fail to actually give a shit.

It was obviously left ambiguous. She's been popular in the marketing and has a distinct look, they'll definitely bring he back along with subway guy.

>other than action

You've answered your own question. A movie that focuses on action and does it very well is quite rare these days. Usually in America you get over the top explosion fests like Transformers or White House Down, or Olympus has Fallen. Very rare to have one that doesn't end in stupid amounts of explosions, and has correct gun handling techniques, reloading timing, melee combat, etc. It's just like The Raid/2 in that the fighting takes center stage to all else. If you don't like action, it's not for you. Stop taking film so seriously, let yourself have fun. Or go watch any of the tens of thousands of other movies out there that focus on whatever aspect of movies appeals most to you.

>spin offs
There will be one more film with Kay-noo, then a trilogy of prequels about young John Wick. Possibly a true spin-off about the hotel or something.

I want an origin story about Charlie.

Wait, she was suppose to be gay? When is it ever established she's gay?
Also, who's the Actress?

No, I am. Hence not wanting to pork her.

>there are people who think ruby rose is still alive
It's like you retards don't pay any attention at all. Whenever somebody dies they say "be seeing you."

All memes aside, she was cute as fuck

>everyone is an assassin at the end

cringe as fuck and unnecessary

Funny enough, she is actually gay
Ruby Rose

I thought this was really bad actually. It makes the world feel very unrealistic.
Actually is this even the real world or is it a a fake fantasy world?

didn't she grabbed John by the dick at the first museum scene?

when Trinity shows up in the third movie that will answer your question

when did it happend except for Ares?
No saying it didnt, just cant remeber

Well thats the character she was playing as, shes apparently "genderfluid" or some bullshit like that.

I'm not even sure the first one came out here in Brazil, i watched it after seeing the sequel trailer.

I thought they were implying that John was paranoid about everyone potentially being an assassin, not that they actually were. They were setting up the next film, where John has no friends left and every single person he encounters could be an assassin who recognizes him and wants to collect the bounty.

I was talking about character.
dont really care for the actress/or

The first was talked about nonstop

I really liked the mirror scene. It was trippy as hell.

It made sense though. He called them in, the leader of the club place, to show John he is being merciful and granting him an hour, when he could just have let them destroy him, because he believed the guy Wick shot in the club deserved to die and he sympathizes with his decision, yet is unable to break the rules for Wick. He is saying "I am not your enemy." with action rather than words.

Happened in the first movie a few times.
When ever someone says Be Seeing You, it means their good for dead, and it goes for the important characters too.
Fodder characters are almost always guarantee to die and if not Wick makes sure their dead

Not to mention.

youtu.be/QI1FbtNIMCo

>are you here to kill the pope?

[ citation needed ]

What is Wick's total kill count AND headshot count?

raid 2 is objectively 4/10 and subjectively 1/10.

>turn off your brain my man it just fun.

The 1v1 fights and the part in the reflection room were sick but my eyes glazed over all the shooty bits

>when John stabs Cassius the movie goes out of its way to explain that leaving the knife inside his chest is the only way he'll stay alive

>John stabs the girl in the exact same place and the movie goes out of its way to show John purposefully pull the knife out

>b-but my dike-fu is still alive!

Wew

This was another one of my complaints, there wasn't nearly as much humor as there was in the first one. Really that line and the scene where Wick and Cassius kept falling down the stairs were the only scenes to really make me laugh.

You guys think the Russians are gonna go after Wick now?

>humans only have their heart in one place, and there is no possible way the director is rusing me because I'm a smart little boy

I didn't like her in OITNB but I agree. Cute as hell in JW2

movie gets kind of trippy starting with the shooting right before going down into the metro

Most definitely. Stuntwork picked up and Keanu is absolutely savage. There were points where it was clear the cannon fodder actors couldn't keep up with the man and Keanu beat them to their cue but that just makes it more impressive when you think about it. I can't even begin to imagine how much work they had to make all those scenes work the way they did.

Not all movies need to have faux deep existential plots so you can tell other people how smart you are for understanding it.

There's nothing wrong with simple entertainment. Again, stop taking movies so seriously, faggot.

I smiled at the car barely chugging into the garage.

>you workin' again?
>john vs. cassian in the subway
>7 rounds?
>you have my car
>fucked up car going in to the garage
>2 kills with a pencil

i laughed at these parts, im sure there were more parts i laughed at but i cant remember off the top of my head.

Christmas 2030 and Return of Jimmy was cool too

also the pope joke

He's still got the car.