What went right?

What went right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cErPXLOZ9So
youtube.com/watch?v=EkIS5cQJuhY
youtube.com/watch?v=mSOEkkDQlV0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Having no flashback gag each ten seconds.

The more family guy writers left, the more the show could find its own voice and actually get better.

ditching any political message whatsoever

AD episodes are now timeless and silly.

This

Remember the episode when Stan kept trying to protect a drunken George W. Bush from Hailey attempting to smear him? It's insane to think it comes from the same series that is American Dad nowadays

stan is extremely political throughout the show. the politics never end. stop the meme. the show was always tipping its toes in politics and having stan and hayley balancing each other out. the bush episode wasnt even until like season 3

Who is the best side character and why is it principal Louis?

Genuine characters, and not having everyone group around Peter or Brian and listening to them chatter.

family guy is much more "redpilled" than ad. episodes constantly shit on gays, women, minorities, etc. i dont know why Sup Forums hates its literally /theirshow/

>ricky spanish

>Sup Forums is all about being edgy
Reddit called and it wants its opinions back.

im not saying im a poltard, i just dont understand why its always shit on while it embodies the anti-pc humor many people on this board relish

>humor that fits the context of the plot and isn't a dumb cutaway gag
>multifaceted characters that can (mostly) carry their own stories
>solid pacing
>lots of fun creative bits
>pushes the envelope without getting too pointlessly mean-spirited (usually)
>the premise allows for a lot of different ideas

The obvious comparison I can give it is The Simpsons, but not just because it copies the "satirical animated family comedy" schtick, but because of its solid cast and strong writing. Now having said that, American Dad is far from perfect, and it has the potential to go down the zombie route if it continues for much longer.

>>pushes the envelope without getting too pointlessly mean-spirited (usually)
this is the distinction that distances ad from fg the most for me. a large amount of "jokes" in fg revolve around people being brutalized, assaulted, raped, or any other number or lazy shock value "punchlines". thankfully american dad avoids this shit, as well as the cutaway gags, and creates humor that revolves around the actual characters. instead of just warping them to fit whatever shitty joke theyve written. post-revival family guy is all zombie family guy

My nigga

how is it I posted about this show for years and got sperged out at by plebs that associate it with family guy

now that the shows starting to go downhill after so many years plebs are finally acknowledging its greatness.

kids started posting here

ITS TIME TO WAKE UP STAN

Because it isn't funny
What kind of faggot would watch and enjoy something poorly written just because it aligns with their political outlook

Seth decided that he'd rather use Family Guy as a soapbox instead and so just let the writers do their thing.

> What went right?

Roger's disguises mean the show can do absolutely any story-line. The character gives them complete creative freedom, so even if there's an a-plot defined by Steve being a nerd or Hailey being a hippy, chances are roger is doing something completely novel

this is probably the correct answer.

>Seth McFarlane didn't meddle with the writing
>no lelsorandum cutaway gags
>timeless

Shit, I want to watch some now. Quick! Give me a list of 10 episodes to watch

It's a Steve took pills and grew boobs episode

I still haven't seen it from the first season yet though

what is tumblr

Everybody do the skull and bones! Whoooooooooo!

With all the jokes Macfarlane makes about CIA fuckery and his miraculous near-death on 9/11, how much you guys wanna bet MacFarlane is an insider?

American Fung

You're joking, right?

Came here to post this.

I actually love that episode

Pulling Double Booty

Seth built the writing team and ring fenced them from everyone. No guest writers, nobody chipping in. Even Seth just turns up, does his lines, then leaves them to it.

If it aint broke, don't fix it.

The thing about this is that AD isn't about contemporary politics all the time. They try to be more general and global about political things not like south park that does what is happening at the moment

stealing multiple episode plots from King of the Hill

just that joke where Stan dances with a hover boot is better than any joke on fg

Rapture's delight is objectively the best EP

The one with Ceelo Green as the hottub, the one where Stan, Roger and Hailey open Oceanworld and the one where Roger becomes a banana republic dictator.
Oh and DEFINITELY the Thanksgiving one, that's probably their best episode ever

The last season has been pretty bad tbf

Sven and Snot air guitar is still the best ending to an episode, you can't top that.

>GOD TIER
Francine

>High Tier
Stan
Roger
Steve
Barry
Principal Lewis

>Mid Tier
Snot
Jeff
Toshi
Bullock

>Shit tier
Hayley

>Bullock
>Mid Tier

Kill yourself

Love that episode.

>Not Rough Trade

>Sven

Everything

Name 5

Preeeeety sure I asked for pecan sandies

I can't off the top of my head but I was watching both shows at the same time and they obviously borrowed many plots. I love both shows but it's undeniable.

Probably because the writing is beyond shit, the animation is non existent, the artstyle is hideous, and it's one of the least funny things to ever grace a television screen

No, you should be able to name a few. Are you confusing simple sitcom tropes with something that is incredibly KotH?

Every KoTH episode is the same and there are a lot of episodes. So if AD did something similar once it would seem like they ripped off KoTH several times.

There is a redpilled show that happens also to be FUNNY.

It's called Drawn Together.

how kino is this scene?

youtube.com/watch?v=cErPXLOZ9So

I love that show so much

>What went right?
Roger

i unironically love this song

youtube.com/watch?v=EkIS5cQJuhY

this is literally one of the worst shows of all time, it's just cookie-cutter edginess ad nauseum

Roger happened.

Imagine this show without Roger.

That show had so many jokes about and against jews it was ridiculous. Then again it joked about AIDS, abortion, pedophiles, homosexuality, religions, 9/11, muslims, fat people, anorexic people, any popular movie ever and everything else.

Characters are actually likeable.
Also, it doesn't have that shitty DUDE ABSURD LMAO humour in every episode.

Literally every single song from the Hot Tub episode is fucking goat.

I'm usually not that much of a fan of musical episodes in cartoons but that one is amazing from the beginning to the end.

is liking this garbage an epic classic meme?

It more about American Dad being just an OK (not even great) show. Family guy aged terribly and New Simpsons are trash.

There's no other cartoon show to watch.

I love this scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=mSOEkkDQlV0

fpbp