Recommend me some surreal Kino

Recommend me some surreal Kino.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sdBzDr6p9tU
youtube.com/watch?v=1GFkN4deuZU
gta.wikia.com/wiki/Capolavoro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is that boy naked?

Bunuel's surrealism has a discreet charm.
Exterminating angel is m fav, though it isn't that surrealistic.

>A Scanner Darkly

one of Keanu Reeves best movies IMO

Yep, you see his dick constantly for like the first 40 minutes of the film. It wouldn't be allowed today. The concept of innocent nudity doesn't exist anymore.

Has' movies
Hourglass Sanatory and Saragossa Manuscript

Mind Game
Belladonna of Sadness
Pastoral Hide and Seek
Fantasia
Meshes of Afternoon
Age D'or
The Hourglass Sanatorium
Mirrormask
Alice (1988)
The Saragossa Manuscript
Khrustalyov, My Car!
Dogstar Man

A few Nordic ones. Songs from the Second Floor is the most artistic, fragmented and aesthetically focused one, The Bothersome Man plays out like a fantasy mystery, but it has strong surreal elements, and Borgman is a thriller-esque drama akin to Hanake or some Lynch.

begotten.

I hate to be that guy, but Borgman is Dutch.

youtube.com/watch?v=sdBzDr6p9tU

This is what dark tower was supposed to be.

>boy
god damnit

the congress is pretty cool

reminds me of tragedy of a man

also this
youtube.com/watch?v=1GFkN4deuZU

i know mentioned fantasia already but this was from fantasia 2000 dvd exclusive. it was meant to be in the theatrical release but the french studio animating it was slow

>director plays as main character
>kino

pick one, real kino the director is confident in their ability to direct others and doesn't have to try to carry the movie by being onscreen

Why nobody ever talks about The Congress? Lem is based it's a shame we don't get many movie adaptations of his work.

Does jam count?

If not jaaaaam does

Anyone seen Last Year at Marienaoudb?
THat Alan Resnail joint?
thoughts on it or him

I actually knew that, I just incorrectly assumed the Netherlands to be "Nordic" as well. Sorry.

>Implying Braveheart isnt Kino and that anyone else could have played Wallace better

There was such a good thread going and you had to find in and fuck it up.

woman in the dunes

:^) tell me it doesn't have surrealism

Cause it was nothing special as a movie
The animation was neat gimmick and the style of the animation was the bees knees though

Does this count?

Is this movie not well known in the USA?
It's very famous in Europe.
It is like Donnie Darko, but it actually has meaning.

It's also somewhat funny and brighter in tone, but still very eerie.

I avoided it because I was so underwhelmed by That Obscure Object of Desire. Is this significantly better?

It is at the very least fun

The New Land
Yes, you newfag. Jodorowsky has naked children in all of his films. The first ten minutes of Holy Mountain has about fifty naked Mexican kids.

Resnais is great. I like Mon Oncle d'Amerique.

It's famous in American film circles but not to the public at large.

Sure.

Delicatessen (1991)
Blind Beast (1969)
House (1977)
Southland Tales (2006)

Believe it or not but GTA: V had an in-game cinema with some pretty good surreal kino.

gta.wikia.com/wiki/Capolavoro

>discreet charm

wow tv has good taste wtf

had the amazing experience of watching it on film, which made all a more amazing experience
robbe-grillet's script is amazing, and i think is great how resnais works with his writers (like him and duras in mon amour).

really loved how it played with the concept of memory, the type of narration and i guess dissociative dialogue made it all the more interesting, like la jetee i guess, i really like that style of storytelling in films, which i guess is more of a characteristic of the left bank movement (duras, robbe grillet, marker and morder).

amazing film, deserves all the praise it gets and i don't want to forget it.

check out india song if you liked it.

You are excrement. And you cannot turn yourself into gold.

What's our opinion about the comic sequel?
It has some proper triggering rape.

Redline 2009
Heavy Metal

Naked Lunch

Existenz

Sweet Movie
WR

>no one's mentioned Valerie and Her Week of Wonders
What the hell happened to you, Sup Forums? I thought you liked cunny?

gonna see that shit 35mm soon, excited! I loved the soundtrack only version that came in the blu ray criterion

Are there any 'commercial' movies with surrealistic themes?
A big hollywood blockbuster, action movie, whatever, that subtly touches on surrealist themes, in a way that's digestible even for plebs?
I'm working on a screenplay with sth like that, and I was wondering if anyone has done it before.

Redline isn't very surreal. Pretty and you're like what the fuck is going on but not in a surreal way.

I don't talk to weebs

tree of life
fire walk with me