It's better on the second viewing

It's better on the second viewing

Maybe I'll be able to make it through 30 minutes without skipping through this time.

I didn't expect non-stop 24/7 action but holy fuck it was so boring.

Affleck will have to take your word for it

Watch it by yourself

No it's not, stop lying to yourself.

I still cannot accept a Superman whose mere presence on Earth brought about the death of thousands of people.
Bruce Wayne was correct in wanting him dead, and the movie made no attempt to remedy this.

We're supposed to ignore that fact that Superman in MOS alerted enemies to Earth, and that Earth would have been better off if Superman had not decided to be Superman?

BVS, is just as bad because Bruce Wayne simply drops all of that thinking just because their moms had the same first name?

Superman is Earth people's enemy, and would be better off dead for most all humans.

Take it easy. It's a children's show.

>quality children's show life lessons
>several thousands of dead because of Superman's presence, no big deal

the fight should have happened in the middle of the movie, last half should have been them working together to stop Lex instead of a footnote

pacing in the whole thing is awful, most of the movie is just boring talking in monochrome environments and the last 30 minutes is just a nonstop CGI fest that you stop caring about 5 minutes in

"Don't worry kid, thousands of other kid's parents are dead because Superman's Kryptonian ship alerted his enemies to Earth. Thousands of parentless children thanks to Superman."

Yeah, fuck off.

The only thing I got on the second viewing was a reminder on why I disliked it the first time. Better to stick to true capekino like pic related.

maybe but who would watch it twice?

No, it's much, much worse. The first time around there's entertainment to be had in the initial shock of how terrible everything is. When there are no surprises, it's stupefyingly tedious drivel.
But it is pretty amusing when people pretend that there's actually some deeper meaning behind it.

Is Supes looking at Batmans cock?

OP is correct. I enjoyed it a lot more the second time I watched it

Unlike Marvel flicks were can't even be viewed a second time without falling asleep.

Man of Steel gets better the more I watch it.

>be WB
>have superior capeshit universe
>have suprerior and iconic characters
>even one of them can literally made bil easily if movie is at least above average
>have all the hype
>have tons of fans
>have DCAU and MCU as examples of adaptations
>failed so hard that greatest capeshit team of all time is less wanted than reddit-squad of literally who
>movie about the most famous female superhero is already doomed
>even FUCKING BATMAN is struggles to be created
Is DCEU cursed by Snyder and Goyer or something?

Despite all of the faults and critical flops, WB is loading on cash.

Fashionable cynicism aside OP is exactly right, as long as we're talking Extended Edition or whatever it's called. Plays a lot better the second time around, and subsequent viewings. It will age very well.

Not really, 2016 was a terrible year for Warner, both capemovies failed to become a tentpole and failed to fulfill the expectatives.

I initially dismissed the idea of the extended edition, since I hated it so much the first time through. After watching the regular version again on TV, I'm not so against it anymore. It was still a disjointed mess with bad pacing and idiotic characters, but I didn't despise it quite so much. Eisenberg as Luthor was still a fucking monumentally shitty casting choice, though.

On my 10th viewing and every time it gets better.

Look the plot is still dumb but in terms of visusls and cinematic language with symbolism - it is unparalleded.

One of best films of 2016 imo.

The movie is a failure because the fight is so terrible. It's 5 minutes and slow as fuck.

It's like watching two seniors wrestle over the last piece of jello at the old folks home.

It's the kind of movie where I like to get shitfaced and watch it and pretend it's live action dragon ball z while yelling at the screen

>BVS, is just as bad because Bruce Wayne simply drops all of that thinking just because their moms had the same first name?

Hmm..

>Be Batman
>Be orphan boy who's parents murdered at young age
>Last words your father say are 'Martha' to his dying mother
>Haunts his dreams every night
>Random alien being comes to Earth, destroys his business' building
>Decide to fight the alien, attempt to steal the secret weapon and the alien shows up and tells you to fuck off
>Hallucinate some random guy telling you that you were right about the alien after seeing an alternate future flash before his eyes
>Meet some hot chick who was alive during WW1 and still looks exactly the same
>Read up about meta-human thesis and how these beings are already on Earth
>Finally get the chance to fight the alien 1v1
>About to kill him, and the last thing he says is "you're letting them kill Martha"

Yeah, it's totally cuz their Mom has the same name. God this board is so fucking pleb, it's no different than rebbit

>It's like watching two seniors wrestle over the last piece of jello at the old folks home.
At least the two seniors actually have a reason for fighting. The fight between Batman and Superman wouldn't have happened if Snyder didn't force it so much.

Why would Superman adress his adoptive mother by her first name though?
Wouldn't it be more natural to say "You are letting them kill my mother/mum"?
The whole scene was completely idiotic anyway and I still ask myself why anyone would see this movie and say "This is completely fine". Not to mention the scenes were Clark met Pa Kent on a fucking mountain and he tells him about killing horses. I don't care if it was just an illusion, it was dumb as fuck.

>Why would Superman adress his adoptive mother by her first name though?
>Wouldn't it be more natural to say "You are letting them kill my mother/mum"?

This movie clearly went way over your head

>Be Batman
>Be orphan boy who's parents murdered at young age
>Last words your father say are 'Martha' to his dying mother
>Haunts his dreams every night
Okay, that's a good opener for your Batman origin story, it's just too bad we dove straight into a crossover before the requisite Batman movie.
>Meet some hot chick who was alive during WW1 and still looks exactly the same
Whoa now, let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
>About to kill him, and the last thing he says is "you're letting them kill Martha"
As opposed to "you're letting them kill my mother" or something to make it a little less forced? Granted, scene would still be stupid, but at least it'd be a little less forced.

So basically "I can't give a rational explanation for this, better call him a pleb instead."

Me, I just attribute it to shitty writing since neither Snyder nor WB knows what the fuck they're doing with this cinematic universe.

No it's not, it gets worse because you catch bullshit you missed the 1st time

>Marvel world-ending events
>no one shown dying, in fact most of the movies go out of the way to say that they saved everyone
>people who die on-screen are usually side characters no one cares about
>DC kicks off DCEU
>two godlike beings fighting, one especially intent on causing all the collateral he can until he dies
>forces superman to fight through buildings and the streets, blowing up as much as he can
>impact is memorialized in next two movies
>back to Marvel's marketing court
>backpedal and say that yes people died, no they didn't die on-screen no they didn't save everyone like we said
>conflict between the mightiest heroes in the world is in an empty parking lot and only one of them ends up hurt while they shout jokes at eachother and fight for contrivances that any actual brain would find ridiculous
>then they have "witty" dialogue and exposition for a half hour then fight in another small isolated and ugly concrete bunker for an even more retarded reason but it has some impact because Cap lost his shield but gave RDJ a letter and RDJ turns to the camera and smirks and gives a wink before cap frees everyone imprisoned and the credits roll

Nigga, if you can't rationalize the story based on the first response I gave you, then no, you do not grasp the movie.

Apparently there's a deleted scene where Clark is doing research on Bruce/Batman and discovers his mother's name. So in a sense, Clark was trying to emotionally manipulate Bruce into not killing him by saying "MARTHA!"

>I still cannot accept a Superman whose mere presence on Earth brought about the death of thousands of people.
Well he ended up saving billions by destroying the World Engine, and rejected his own people in favor in Earth, so I think that makes up for a couple of broken buildings. Can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

>We're supposed to ignore that fact that Superman in MOS alerted enemies to Earth, and that Earth would have been better off if Superman had not decided to be Superman?
Wow, actions have consequences, good and bad! Who would've thought, right?

>BVS, is just as bad because Bruce Wayne simply drops all of that thinking just because their moms had the same first name?
Goddamn it. Just stop. Holy shit, how can people STILL not figure out that scene?

>Superman is Earth people's enemy, and would be better off dead for most all humans.
Pic related. Looks like Superman did some super stuff in the years that followed after MoS. Must be trying to improve his public image after that showdown with Zod!

>turds taste better when you already have turds on your breath

So instead of telling him right at the start "Lex Luthor was responsible for the bombing, I had nothing to do with it and now he abducted my mother to force me to fight you" he fought with Batman without even trying to talk. The same Superman then was cunning enough to stop Batman from killing him by saying a single word.
Also, for some reason he can find Lois from half the planet away and catch her when she is falling down a building but can't do the same with his mother? Then he decided he should leave saving his mother to a dude who uses miniguns a lot and not go himself since he is the bulletproof demigod.

Oh, so you're a marvel shill roleplaying a DC fan. It's better on the first viewing since it makes you feel intense emotions. That doesn't really happen when you watch a movie again.

I'm not asking you to rationalize it, the question was how it all makes sense given basic logic.

For example, I can point out the reasons why Cap and Tony acted the way they did during Civil War using the MCU as a whole. I don't have to rationalize anything because it's already there.

Based on what we see in the film however, there's no reason why Superman would reference his mother by name rather than saying "they'll kill my mother" instead, besides shitty writing of course.

>You hate DCEU?
>Must be a Marvel shill
Every time

it best on the 0 viewing

Not him but you're really simple for not understanding. Bruce views Superman as an evil alien monster. Last words of Superman aren't "ngrahhh kill all humins" but "please save my mum". This humanises Superman in Bruce's eyes and he stays his hand long enough for Lois to intervene. Durrr

so him flying all over the world saving random strangers shows less compassion than wanting to save his own mother?

All of your responses to legitimate complaints are not answered by any of your responses. Generally in every response you imply the complaints are made because of not understanding the context, with no explanation by you of why the complaints hold no merit.

I simply cannot accept the structure of the story, that millions of people would be pleased, and cheering on Superman after his presence alerted enemies to Earth. He would be considered worse than Osama Bin Laiden if the movies were to be accurate.

No amount of heroic acts done before, or after can rectify the death of thousands of people, parents causing broken families in the several thousands.

I know that you're wrapped up in the music, the emotion of that, but the reality is Superman's presence brought on the deaths of several thousands of people, and broken families because Superman came to Earth alerting the ship.
There is no way to reconcile that.

"Words don't stop him. You know what stops him? A fist."

Supes tried to reason with Bats, but failed because Bats kept instigating conflict with his various traps. Supes eventually got sick of his bullshit and started throwing him around like a ragdoll, to prove a point that nothing Bats does to him can physically harm him, so should just stop trying and LISTEN to what he has to say. Of course, he didn't know about the kryptonite arsenal Bats had... which escalated things even worse.

It's not that hard to figure out, dude. Not everything has to be linear and straightforward, sometimes you have to use your brain to figure things out, even movies.

Is there a Director's Cut?

But it was great the first time I watched it.

>it was so boring
No you.

>use your brain

Why do you people think shitty writing = "too smart for you"

It gets better with each successive viewing

I've probably seen it 8-10 times now

It's not that it's "too smart for you" it's that you retards never try to understand anything to just go for catty humor on the internet.

No, it's as simple as this, I didn't fucking like the movie. In fact, a lot of people didn't. it was boring half the time, and the other half had lazy fucking dialogue that sounded like it was written by a preschooler.

Exactly

I've literally heard people here say it's "too smart for you" maybe twice. It's not like the film is hugely difficult to understand, it's that people don't even try to understand it.

>No amount of heroic acts done before, or after can rectify the death of thousands of people, parents causing broken families in the several thousands.
not that poster but doesn't BvS address this?

watched it 13 times. there is no better. only darkness.

No, it doesn't. It tries to acknowledge it, all the while people cheer him on when he arrives.

That is NOT reality. His presence to find out who he was awoke his father's ship which alerted enemies to terraform Earth. Which he manages to stop, but in the same act topples several dozens of buildings.

Let's compare to 9-11, two building occupied by roughly 3,000 people, but in MOS dozens of buildings go down, meaning dozens of thousands. Maybe up to 12,000 people dead, 12,000 families (probably much more) destroyed because of Superman's presence on Earth.

Who would be happy about a man bringing on over 12,000 dead people, and broken families? No one that I can think of, but because Superman is known as an iconic hero in previous versions we're expected to view him as the same iconic hero. That is not reality. That's movie BS expecting us to like him because he is Superman.

Why exactly would this humanize Superman in Batman's eyes when it's already established that Superman has saved many people over the course of two years to make up for bringing Zod to Earth's doorstep?

And you can't just say "you just don't understand" when the point of contention is whether or not the movie properly conveyed the motivations behind the MARTHA scene...unless this is some roundabout way to say that it was poorly conveyed without actually saying it.

>destroys dozens of buildings
I see you haven't seen the flick. Are you just roleplaying Batfleck? I doubt very man people would resent Superman. Especially since if you weren't near Metropolis or the Indian Ocean you would not be affected by Zod's machines. You would however be astonished that a god saved the world. And since then I bet he saved more people from calamity. It's not like there was a sequence in the sequel of him doing more heroic acts across the globe or anything. Pretty autistic that you need this spelled out to you.

Or the movie doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless you read fan theories that are on the same level as a WMG page on tvtropes.

>I doubt very man people would resent Superman.
They would since he caused millions in property damage and likely killed dozens of thousands of people during his fight with Zod, both in Smallville and in Metropolis.

What you're saying is that the people of Hiroshima and Nagasaki should be worshipping America for ending the war before it could kill millions of people, as opposed to the hundreds of thousands who died as a result of the explosion and the subsequent fallout.
>Pretty autistic that you need this spelled out to you.
Not nearly as autistic as expecting people who lost family to an alien slugfest not to resent his presence for causing the shit to happen in the first place.

>>What you're saying is that the people of Hiroshima and Nagasaki should be worshipping America for ending the war
Nope in my post I actually said that everyone outside of the areas affected by Zod's machines would be sucking his dick. But hey if you're just trying to argue I reckon people even in those zones wouldn't put the blame on Superman.

Dude, even Americans were outraged once they saw what the nukes could do, it changed the face of war as we know it even though we were nowhere near the blast zone.

The correct response to Superman's kerfluffle would basically amount to 24/7 news stations questioning whether or not Superman was working with Zod while subtly implying that Superman's presence is a threat to national security, not fucking worshiping him or building a statue.

Considering that the Avengers have averted several galactic level threats yet still got hit by the Accords when they were only directly responsible for Ultron...it kinda raises the question of why people would be more willing to forgive Superman's fuckup when the reality of the situation would be the opposite.

And to be honest, the only reason why this is so difficult to gloss over is because the DCEU was supposed to be a serious and gritty look at the DC universe as a whole.

Dude. He SACRIFICIED HIS LIFE, to kill a monster that was the product of his homeworld, to save a people that he has no ties to whatsoever, other than his adopted mother and girlfriend. Do you remember this line in the third act?:

>"This thing, is from another world... My world."

Superman's tone in his voice implies disgust and resentment with anything remotely Kryptonian. He understands that all the problems the Earth faces is because of his presence no matter what good he does, he fully accepts that responsibility towards the end of the film. Him dying to save the world is his way of saying "I'm sorry" to humanity.

I call my mother by her first name when telling people about her.

>He SACRIFICIED HIS LIFE, to kill a monster that was the product of his homeworld, to save a people that he has no ties to whatsoever, other than his adopted mother and girlfriend.
Do you think that matters one fucking bit? If this world was being serious and realistic, news media would run scandels on how Superman was actually in league with Zod's forces and how all the alien threats that he fights off are actually in league with him to lower earth's guard for when he goes rogue and decides to murder humanity while their back is turned.

It wouldn't probably been a more interesting story if it was about G. Gordon Godfrey slandering Superman's good name while Superman struggles to fix his reputation with humanity, who is still deathly afraid of him while cursing his name for the innumerable casualties he caused.

t. adopted

>It wouldn't probably been a more interesting story if it was about G. Gordon Godfrey slandering Superman's good name while Superman struggles to fix his reputation with humanity, who is still deathly afraid of him while cursing his name for the innumerable casualties he caused.
Replace Glorious Godfrey with Lex Luthor and Bruce Wayne, you now have the story for BvS. How can you not see this?

t. delusional DCuck

>Clark is doing research on Bruce/Batman and discovers his mother's name.
So the secret identity of the worlds greatest detective and one of the smartest men on earth was found out by a junior reporter?

Over 12,000 people dead
Over 12,000 families destroy

1 Superman dead

No, still not reconcilable.

Also, it is worth considering that in BVS Batman is seen using weapons, and fighting in ways that have also killed people which is a HUGE departure from previous Batman incarnations, and the entire history of Batman. The reason law enforcement never arrests Batman is because he never killed anyone in previous Batman comics, or adaptations.

So, just as MOS destroys Superman, BVS also destroys Batman and what the characters stood for which was to NEVER kill anyone no matter how cruel the person, or criminal.

Don't use Scott Keith throwaway lines from over a decade ago you unoriginal fuck.

>but failed because Bats kept instigating conflict with his various traps.
He had the two, that were laughably ineffective. Superman doesn't have tantrums and lose control, if he did that there wouldn't be an unsnapped neck on the eastern seaboard.

>Especially since if you weren't near Metropolis
I guess 9/11 wasn't that big of a deal unless you lived in downtown Manhattan, right?

True.

Even true with the Ultimate Edition.

Bruce was too blinded by paranoia, hatred and mild PTSD to asses the situation rationally. This is all shown in the movie.

Read above. It took a personal connection of sorts for him to see that Superman is still a man in a certain sense of the word, and not some "being" or "other", or a force of nature. Pay attention next time

What's funny about Batman killing people is how is makes even less sense for Batman to kill the Joker now. Like he can beat him to within an inch of his life and knock his teeth out but he can't, I dunno, murder him?

>The reason law enforcement never arrests Batman is because he never killed anyone
The reason they never caught him was because he was the goddamned batman. No mick flatfoot walking the beat is going to handcuff batman and bring him in.
Don't forget that gotham was corrupt as fuck, and outside of Jim Gordon most of the police force wanted his ass. I mean that was literally the whole point of Year One, that they were the only two guys in town not on the take, and were targets by everyone.

So if that's the case then why didn't Batman fake a disaster and place a tracker on him while he was "saving" people from a "disaster?"

If he's that unhinged then I wouldn't necessarily say that him influencing a fake robbery or a fake kidnapping would've been out of character for him.

>Batman
>not objectively and dispassionately accessing everything at a glance
I can deal with batman shooting people better than I can handle turnyourbrainoffbro batman. Even in dark knight returns where he's literally murdering people without giving a fuck, he's still got his eye on the big picture.

>I mean that was literally the whole point of Year One, that they were the only two guys in town not on the take, and were targets by everyone.
Comic continuity has no influence on the DCEU. You might as well be referencing fanfiction.

see
>a HUGE departure from previous Batman incarnations, and the entire history of Batman. The reason law enforcement never arrests Batman is because he never killed anyone in previous Batman comics, or adaptations.
Specifically talking about batman in the previous adaptations you gimboid.

The thing is, the worst that Batman does in most of those previous adaptations is act as a vigilante.

As opposed to this continuity where he's killing people left and right and branding people like they are cattle at a farmer's market. Any law enforcement worth their salt is going to arrest the crazy bat person who is acting no better than the people he's putting away.

Counterpoint: There are many, many better movies you could choose to watch instead of sitting through this a second time.

kek dcucks always defensive

I honestly think I like it more with each viewing. I notice things I did see before. I get used to certain characters like Lex(even end up liking him.) Certain themes make more sense. It's weird. I never had a capeshit movie do this to me before.

I felt the same way rewatching GotG.

Do people unironically believe the Martha scene was well-executed?

Psst jews ruin everything they touch.

If you can sit through M-MARTHA WHAT DID YOU SAY WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME once without breaking into hysterical laughter or walking out of/stopping the flick, you should really just stop watching cinema.

If you can do it twice, you should be gassed.

Considering where we are, I wouldn't be surprised if a few autists looked at some falseflags and thought that they were genuine.

Superman is a no nonsense boy scout who also carries the weight of the world on his shoulders.

FUCK YOU SNYDER YOU KIKE, HE'S NOT A MURDERING EMOPATH

Not particularly but it didn't ruin my enjoyment. I still liked the movie.

what if Doomsday's mom was named Martha?

They could have fixed it with one simple scene:

>Clark Kent reads an article about the death of Bruce Wayne's parents and notices their mothers have the same name.

This. I rewatched Superman 78 the other day and I was absolutely floored at how much more effective it was at establishing the character. Especially how they treat pa kent's death.
In the movie, and the comics, he does of a heart attack and the whole point is that with all of superman's power he's not a god. There are some things he just can't do, and so uses that as is sense of obligation to always act rightly.
In MoS, its an entirely preventable death that doesn't mean anything.
>Stop my invincible son, its more important that I risk my life for a dog, instead of letting my much more fast and agile teenage son who coincidentally not be hurt, go... Or you know, we just get a new dog later afterwards
Pa Kent committed suicide in MoS for literally no reason.

That would only work if Superman knew that Batman was Bruce Wayne.

He knows its bruce when he punches his ironman mask in half. Also xray vision.

He finds out at Luthor's party. Before they actually fight Superman even calls him Bruce while he's in the Batsuit. He knows.

So why exactly doesn't Batman know who Superman is when he's been obsessing over him for the past two years? Hell, why doesn't Bruce tag him with a tracker at some point?

He parts his hair on the other side.

>glasses