Hello can someone please explain this NAFTA meme to me? Is it really so bad?

Hello can someone please explain this NAFTA meme to me? Is it really so bad?

I've heard a lot of things about it on Sup Forums and I'm not sure whether or notthey're true. One of which being that it caused the influx of illegal immigrants into the US from Mexico because it put local farmers out of business

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Free_Trade_Agreement#Mobility_of_persons
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_Perceptions_Index
google.com/?ion=1&espv=2#safe=off&q=mexico gdp per capita 1994
google.com/?espv=2#safe=off&q=united states of america gdp per capita 1994
tradingeconomics.com/united-states/unemployment-rate
tradingeconomics.com/canada/unemployment-rate
nber.org/papers/w5480
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

NAFTA has been shit since day one. Americans lost jobs to Mexico, Canada lost almost all our auto plants (which built the best cars) to Mexico, Canada gets sued under the cocksucker 11X more often than the other two (we have the resources) Jobs in our countries vanish meanwhile, Mexico is taken over by a one man monopoly machine who makes bank off the fucking agreement.

We need to repeal that shit ASAP and get some proper trade agreements in place.

Before they try and go full EU and bring in the Amero.

So is it mostly only bad for US and Canada, but good for Mexico?

This happens because for the prize of a single Canadian or American employee you can employ 3 or 4 Mexicans.

Your currency is too strong to compete.

It's good for everyone, but the American kikes are sending a shitload of jobs to Mexico because the American standard of living is way too high.

Not to mention that unless they hair ivy league graduates odds are they are hiring retards. Mexican colleges are extremely strict and cold, while you can be sure their graduates won't be at ivy league level you can be assured they can get the job done.

No affirmative action down here.

You really should head to /biz/ if you want the specifics and non-biased answers to your question rather than here where there is a large percentage of Sup Forums that are literally stupid and is a miracle they can work the computer let alone the internet.

Basically, the way that international trade works, is that usually there are lots of taxes on imported goods. Tariffs.
Nafta basically states that, between mexico, the united states, and canada, there are no tariffs on goods. that means it's much, much cheaper to get them from another country than it would be ordinarily.
This does have a bit of an effect on jobs but they're a mixed bag. There are upsides and downsides to it.
The thing with the corn farmers is that mexico started importing cheaper corn from the united states, which led to corn farmers in mexico making less money. This also applied to a lot of the indian communities in Mexico, because of the cheaper, subsidized goods imported from the U.S.
At the same time, though, it creates jobs in both Mexico and the U.S. because manufacturing jobs are often outsourced to maquiladoras in mexico before the product is shipped back to the united states to be finished. There are tons of factors.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Free_Trade_Agreement#Mobility_of_persons

So is the best thing to do to repeal it entirely or make some changes and keep it in place?

That's a very complicated question.

Who knows. Maybe.

Well, for starters it wasn't even actually free trade...

Apparently Trump has been saying he's going to try to negotiate some major changes to it. He's also stated that he'd pull out of the agreement if others weren't open to negotiation. What do you guys think about that?

Pretty much yes, we of course are worth more than Mexicans because we have built successful nations not overrun by Cartels and Mexicans.

sounds great

By that logic you shouldn't leave because you ended up being willingly conquered by Muslims and niggers.

its was just beneficial to the eternal gringo
it destroyed our farms and labor force
left millions without work forcing them to flee into the USA looking for work, helping the USA economy to grow with the cheap labor from illegal workers
american production was far more advanced than ours and their companies flooded our market with cheap stuff destroying local economies
Canadians and american companies came and raped our soil with their mining drills and took the gold with them, it was easy because corrupted politicians who grew up poor sold the country to the first man with money they saw
just after we signed the agreement our currency devalued 150%

Changes? as a Mexican studing here I would repeal it all together. I've been here 2 years now and what I've learn from American Society and History is that you like to lie alot. Even though you guys make yourself as Liberators and protector of democracy when in fact your government is an oligarchy you people are two faced, and untrustable even Chinese tier untrustable.

Yeah My country might be Shity but at least the majority of Mexicans Are redpilled and Hawk the Government.

It didn't help you that as soon as you signed we also made China preferred trade partner and you couldn't compete with their numbers.

Mexico and the U.S are extremely incompatible, and I think their is no friendship possible only a Professional relationship only.

Beneficial to the Jew and his friends actually, which is normal.
I guess you'd still call them gringos but not all of them are.
All any of these trade deals seem to accomplish is to move money from the bottom to the top across all nations involved.

I don't see how your rant was relevant. but here's something to chew on: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_Perceptions_Index

It makes me Extremely uncomfortable to See Enrique Peña Nieto in the Same room as Obango and his sex slave Trudeau. Especially in a summit Call Three Amigos.

Yeah like I said my coutry is quite shity, but aleast the people aren't devided racially, your constant interference in our Policies is fucking up our Country. And Your current administration has shown hostile tendencies towards Mexico

I.e Fast and Furious gunwalking program.

Gracias Amigo.

Why don't you go back to Mexico for your good people?

There is literally nothing wrong with free trade.

Yeah I didn't waste good money to not Finish my deg.

>Hello can someone please explain this NAFTA meme to me? Is it really so bad?

Two developed countries let their companies abuse the third world for cheap labor. It was bad, but it's better now. Things are too far long without fucking everything up. Remember at the time of the signing Mexico was a one-party state and their economy was complete shit. Mexico's biggest problem right now is corruption from the drug trade, which is fueled by the US's ravenous demand for cocaine and marijuana.

>Before they try and go full EU and bring in the Amero.
The US would just absorb Mexico and Canada. The Amero is just a paranoid meme.

>all economists agree on anything
never in a million years

>No affirmative action down here.

When you think about it, Trumpist america actually want to be a white mexico.

And I am allowed to come back anytime since my Grandfather was born in Virginia.

>not realizing that most economists blindly support anything which falls in line with Austrian economics
>thinking that hardline Austria economics isn't horribly flawed
You're a dumb cunt.
t. Econfag

No, of course not. Whenever people bitch about it I just remind them that the US is one giant free trade agreement.

The problem that economists ignore is that economies can't always handle the shock when two unequal economies integrate. NAFTA could've been done a lot better, but that's spilt milk. It's a macro/micro problem - most benefit while some suffer and the results are hard to define (lower prices) while the drawbacks (layoffs) are readily apparent.

t. union autoworker

Please elaborate on the flaws of Austrian economics for us economically illiterate plebs

Great, the Jews agree on that screwing us over is good...

america, and thus canada, were economically strong and ignorant of the mexican vermin. it was deliberately created to ship jobs to mexico to create a mexican middle class to further bolster north america's economy. If they had succeeded in giving mexico wealth through industry, then luxury goods and services could be shipped in from the US and canada; everyone wins right?

Turns out you can give the drug addled, corrupt idiots in mexico jobs, wealth, and security and they will simply become more drugged up and corrupt so no one made money and we got 15 million "migrants" out of the deal

I can't tell if you're trolling or legitimately retarded.

Unlike you mexico has a booming middle class and consumes next to no drugs compared to you American degenerates.

The migrants you got because you are too fucking busy fapping to niggers fucking your women too realize it's literally your politicians fault for not enforcing your borders, not punishing those that hire illegals and rewarding them for breeding like rats.

Its bad for everyone, desu, the problem is that the Mexicans are fucking corrupt as hell. I would love NAFTA if it mean guaranteeing the rights of Mexican Labor to the standard we do in America, to prevent unfair competition among our three countries and yet still all grow and benefit. Mexicans have more jobs, yes, but they are paid slave wages and have shit lives because all the profits go to the government monopolies.

google.com/?ion=1&espv=2#safe=off&q=mexico gdp per capita 1994
5,637.27 USD (1994)
google.com/?espv=2#safe=off&q=united states of america gdp per capita 1994
27,776.81 USD (1994)

Mexican per capita gdp was 1/5th of american in 1994. you were/are a third world country:
1. business owners saw dollar signs because of slave, ahem, wage labor
2. everyone else wanted to give mexico a shot at becoming a "real" NA country.

also, I will say you are right about the immigration thing. we should've started posting guards as soon as it became apparent we weren't bouncing back from the 90s recessions. but you are misinformed about the "wealth" of mexico and how much it relies on the US

>asking a Mexican
> valid input

They're good lads

You're making shit up. Jobs in the US and Canada didn't vanish because of NAFTA. Unemployment fell all through the 90's until the recessions of 2000 and 2008, which affected developed countries outside NAFTA too.

tradingeconomics.com/united-states/unemployment-rate
tradingeconomics.com/canada/unemployment-rate

Why the fuck italy is on that pic related?

Faggot, i thought we were in europe.

Its bad for everyone because it exploits mexican labor to meaningless task at extremely low wages which prevents them from advancing in society since they cany afford food, water, or shelter that isnt a mud trash hut in the desert

Something tells me this user isnt your average mexican

Ya you pretty much summed up our government which is why we need trump

So do you think legalizing marijuana in your country could help with solving the cartel problem?

If a Mexican accepts such an exploitative job, then either he is upgrading from an even worse job, or from unemployment. Their society would advance even slower if it weren't for free trade.

I'd be surprised if NAFTA it was bad overall, but free trade is a very pure concept. These trade agreements are enormously complex and a very specific. The don't just say "now we call all trade, yay!". So, what you and others miss is that trade agreements can be bad in specific ways, for specific industries, and most importantly, for many people. Trump does't say we should pretty much do away with trade (he isn't like Bernie). He says are current agreements are bad and we should make better deals. Now you may say this is vague, because it is, but you can't quote economists in general being for free trade as a direct attack on Trump's views. He is for trade. He wants different agreements. What is wrong with have more beneficial free trade agreements?

nber.org/papers/w5480

Low income families particularly whites and blacks lost jobs to Mexico because Bill Clinton is a globalist stooge.