Friendly reminder today is the last day of IMDB's message boards

Friendly reminder today is the last day of IMDB's message boards.

Press F to pay respects.

Other urls found in this thread:

moviechat.org/movies/tt3783958
thechamcham.blogspot.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

RIP

i looked at the board all the time after watching a movie

F

you're literally plebit the thread. Go away

Had Luke seriously never heard of Darth Vader until Obi-Wan mentioned him?

this fucking blows say what you will but it was a place where actual MOVIES were the focus and not memes. over the years I've amassed quite a following there and people actually came to respect my opinion. here I'm just another anonymous asshole in the asshole sea.

That was always the most embarrassing shit to see very time I wanted to look up something from a movie. Thank God it's dead. I hope none of those autistic freaks come here.

I bet they don't delete them.

They will delete everything and an user in another said it's impossible to archive it because it's not open source or something.

IS HE GAY??
Terrible actor!!!
BORING movie
This looks like...
The ending... (spoilers)
Never trusting imdb ratings again
Best-looking COMPLETELY POINTLESS film that goes absolutely NOWHERE!

Star Wars is fucking gay. Even the Jaws board is much better.

It's already starting to go though.

>I've amassed quite a following there and people actually came to respect my opinion
No, they definitely didn't. If there is one thing more cancerous than shitposting cretins, it's cringeworthy people like you who think you have a 'following' due to the fact that you have no life outside of posting all day on message boards and somehow believe that your opinion is of more value because you've wasted more of your time building up a 'reputation.'

moviechat.org/movies/tt3783958

you're welcome

>implying they wont cave in and bring back the forums

Who the fuck uses IMDB for anything else?

Techies really are a wonderful kind of people. Behind all the angry basement dweller facade, so many of them go out of their way to do things for free to benefit people who they never met. I can't think of any other job where so many professionals engage in voluntary work like that. The world would be a better place if everyone was like them.

>This looks like...
God I hated those fucking clickbait titles

F

Those forums were the one redeeming factor of imdb.

Oops, I mean
>What is the network effect

the format is worse than imdb

Seriously, there is no point in going to the website now that they've discarded the thing that made it big. User input. Who will write reviews, rate movies, add travia comments now? The sit is literally pointless now.

What will TheChamCham do now?

Can somebody just clone the format and put it as international flick database or something?

>over the years I've amassed quite a following there and people actually came to respect my opinion.
Reddit might be the place you're looking for faggot.

imdb2.freeforums.net

Theres literally no other place on the internet to view archived discussions about almost any movie. Stupid decision

It's probably the only place to discuss unpopular movies and tv
There's no point using imdb now
RIP in peace

They are going to lose a shit ton of traffic. A lot of people go to IMDB mainly to read the message boards/what people thought of x movie.

There are so many other sites out there that literally post movie info. They're going to regret it.

F

>the internet to view archived discussi
Why? what is the reasoning for taking them down? If I like a movie I'll read Trivia, Goofs, and the first pages of the message boards

Rip chamcham

Kind of neutral on this. I liked reading the forums sometimes but you'd also get on every movie someone making a topic like "Why is the rating so high?" which would go on for 20 pages. The IMDB forums were just a little above the Youtube comment section in quality.

F

Problem is IMDB posters are naturally contrarian. If a movie had a high rating, the entire first page would be complaints, if a movie had a low rating, same thing only it'd be about how the movie is fucking awesome.

Not so fast

thechamcham.blogspot.com/

RIP, birthplace of shitposting.

6.5, really?
*Blatant spoiler*
You know you've been watching *show* too long if...
Is this a good movie to watch with my girlfriend?
In Depth Look At X
Has anyone noticed?

It is completely possible dont but the time they gave us to do it was too small

F

where else will I go when I don't understand the ending

This movie is OVERRATED!
WORST MOVIE I EVER SEEN!
CIA CONSPIRACY USA KILL PEOPLE blah blah blah
Why do people like this movie?
This movie is USA propaganda
(insert name here) is the worst actor ever

Its missing the actors boards