Star Trek

DUKAT?

THE FLIGHT PLAN I FILED WITH THE FEDERATION LISTS ME, MY MEN, DR. BASHIR HERE, BUT ONLY ONE OF YOU
FIRST ONE TO TALK GETS TO STAY ON MY RUNABOUT

>ywn live on deep space nine

Why live?

TELL ME ABOUT BREEN. WHY DO THEY WEAR THE MASK?

>posting entry level "trek"
it was plagued with war to attract pleb actionbabbies and had little to do with exploring humanities potential for progress.

4 posts in and tngbabbies showed up

and this is why every Trek thread becomes an ENT thread.

Call me a romantic, but I couldn't wait for this to happen.

>when T'pol has an illogical body
Fascinating

>a thread full of shitposting has begun, tribal trek thread it is

>implying every Trekthread shouldn't become an ENT thread

In the new Star Trek movies, how was Nero a bad guy? He was great, and Eric Bana was amazing in the role.

I watched the movie just for Bana and was not disappointed.

You're a big guy sometimes

>enterprise etc. etc. homosexual propaganda etc. etc.

In case you're actually this pleb there's a great exchange between Sisko and Bashir in "Past Tense" that I interpret as pretty much the mission statement of the series, talking about how well and righteous the perfection of the Federation and Starfleet could hold up when their core values are challenged and threatened.

That's why TNGbabbies hate DS9, because it paints their perfect autistic utopia as not being as perfect as they'd like to think.
And I love TNG.

Damn, T'Pol looks like THAT!?

Marina Sirtis offered the following regarding Roddenberry’s opposition to the concept for Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: “The truth is that if Gene had been alive, DS9 would have never been made, because he absolutely said “no” to it when it was presented to him. He said ‘Star Trek is about exploring space, it’s not about a hotel in space.’ So, it would never have happened.”

Majel Barrett criticized the Dominion War in a letter published in Star Trek Communicator, claiming that Gene Roddenberry would have never approved of a continuing war in a Star Trek series. Rick Berman has espoused similar sentiments, noting that his opposition "was all based purely on the fact that Gene had been very specific to me about not wanting Star Trek to be a show about intergalactic wars, interspecies wars. He didn't want it to be about humans fighting wars against other species." Responding to the former, Ronald Moore admitted, "She's probably right. It would've been very hard to argue Gene into going this way and maybe he'd have never gone for it."

>TAKEI: The people that really understand and love STAR TREK are no longer there. When Gene Roddenbery passed, that really was the end of STAR TREK, as we knew it. The series that came on immediately after was DEEP SPACE NINE, which was the polar opposite of Gene’s philosophy and vision of the future, so STAR TREK lost it’s way then and now the people at Paramount are all new people. Herb Solow who was the executive in charge of Desilu Studios is now a professor in Wales. We became very good friends and we had dinner with him and his wife before they left, and when I was in London last year I saw an article about a Professor Herb Solow! [Laughs] But, basically the people now at the studio have absolutely no connection with STAR TREK as we knew it, sadly.

How come even in the future, normies hate autists? They're always talking shit about Barclay behind his back and even to his face.

Geordi talked the most shit about Barclay. Autists are like women

but the dominion war was won in a very star trek way (cooperation and trust)

>tfw like 5 TOS episodes left then i have seen everything
every single episode of every show

Oh boo hoo, doesn't change the fact that it's objectively the best in the franchise. Besides, even though Gene got sperged out about his perfect vision at first I think he could've grown to appreciate DS9 for what it is. He needed to step away for the franchise to reach it's full potential.

>he hasn't seen Turnabout Intruder yet
You are in for a glorious treat

even the cartoon?

Why is everything one big TOS jerkfest now?
Even the new show is set in the TOS era.
It's as if CBS wants people to forget that the spinoffs ever existed (which they already have).

irl tech has outpaced TOS and is developing too rapidly to predict to make a satisfying trek-style show

i didnt know that existed, guess i have 27 episodes let

Because it is objectively the best era.

me on the left

Sexual organs?

If you were ever into mst3k, watch the rifftrax version of all the star trek movies. It's funny as shit and they shit on it but in a good way. You could get it on the piratebay.

>watching TOS last

why?

>tfw watching TOS now
>need to still watch voyager and DS9
>really not looking forward to the shittiest trek and the one I like the least

how come the DS9 waifus have aged better than any of the other shows

Imagine being Tucker in that decon room and having to be all like "damn, T'pol, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your tight body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both as a civilian and as an officer." when all he really wants to do is fuck another 16 year old alien qt in some ship. Like seriously imagine having to be Tucker and not only sit in that chair while T'pol flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her vascular stomach and just sit there, mission after mission, hour after hour, touching her disgusting skin. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on Enterprise tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, T'POL LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and touch her mannish fucking gremlin face, with that gay fucking look where she's supposed to be unemotional, but just looks like a fucking bitch day in and day out. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of alien princesses and xenosupermodels for your ENTIRE CAREER AS A STARFLEET OFFICER coming straight out of the boonies in Florida. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and touch her "statuesque (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with Vulcan officers in some god-forsakes Vulcan academy . And then the captain calls for another mission, and you know you could kill every single person in the bridge before the security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Tucker. You're not going to lose your future fleet career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

Marketing executives know it's the most famous because every sketch show since the 60s has parodied it at some point so they figure it will attract normies as well as Trekkies.

It's frustrating being a fan born in the 90's where there were 5 iterations of Trek. It's like we've been left behind as they pander to normies who only know Kork 'n' Spork and KHAAAAN from all the epic maymays.
Merchandising too; except for the Starships Collection which makes ships from every series, the action figures, novels, Hallmark ornaments, and plush toys are extremely limited to TOS.

Post pics of your collection

what the fuck did they do to klingons? and why did they do it?

I have before but ok
This is just ships, I have a bunch of other plastic shit too

oh shit doctor who is bringing back draconians?

Nice, dude. That carpet is really quite clean.

WHAT THE FUCK

Was tucker the only southern/non middle america starfleet officer?

>Picard
France
>Kirk
Iowa
>Riker
Alaska
>Geordi
Colonies?
>Bones
???
>Spock
Vulcan
>Scotty
Scotland
>Sulu
???
>Chekov
Russia probably
>Barclay
Finland probably

Sisko was from Louisiana

that looks like shit
aren't klingongs supposed to be ridge-less in this period because of some dumb disease or something

Pretty sure this is the case.

How is Alaska middle America? Please explain yourself

McCoy was born in Georgia

Weren't they from New Zealand?

It's not. I forgot to delete that off the first statement desu

Where the hell did you get that?

Ha ha, I won an internet exchange

Tucker is best boy

I've met Connor Trinneer in person.
He's still just as handsome IRL as he was on the show.
I'm a guy btw

How did you meet Connor in person? Did you pay for a photograph or win an auction for dinner or was it a natural encounter? Please explain yourself.

at a convention

That's a really disappointing answer. Please don't proclaim that you've "met" Connor in the future when you've only just paid to attend a convention that Connor was present at.

Wow, just wow.

Why is Sarris from Galaxy quest dressed like a Necromonger from Chronicles of Riddick?

>Don't ever respond to me ever again
Talking to him is the same as meeting him, are you wishing I met him at the bath house with his dick in my mouth? because i wish

you crazy kids.

I wish the scifi genre didn't have such a stigma to it, I wanted more for his career but between trek and stargate he really got landlocked after he was already an older actor.

Geordi was arguably worse with his holodeck behavior too. I mean he straight fell in love with a hologram and Barclay was just blowing off steam.

>when barclay made riker a manlet
that was the fucking best

why are ds9 fans so arrogant and full of themselves?

they always bash and insult other series and fans as if they have to prove something

that was the queerest retcon of all time where they said all the TOS klingon's were some genetic mutation and that TNG klingons are what normal klingons look like.

You're a really disappointing person

Wow, just wow.

see

They lost their ridges because they tried to create a super race of Klingons based on genetic technology they got from Khan's faction

>Computer, Spawn Adolf Hitler and a Regiment of SS officers
>Computer, Spawn a group of Clansmen from the KKK
>Computer, give the aforementioned groups of people a dossier on Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge, and tracers that can locate Lieutenant Commander Geordi La Forge's Starfleet Insignia
>Computer disable security protocols.

that was a weird episode

>Oh boo hoo, doesn't change the fact that it's objectively the best in the franchise.
>objectively the best

>TNG klingons

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

I find it amusing that the worst part of every ST series had something negative to say about DS9.

Fuck yeah I had some of these. The little ones only we were poor.

That big Ent D is fucking tight. I begged for this shit big time around holidays and Hallmark.

I do have a toy TNG phaser and Tricorder around here that still work I think.

Didnt he go to school in Arkansas or am I misremembering.

I enjoyed the magical side of DS9, personally.
Alotta people hate it for it's use of religion and ties to modern geopolitical issues but I say to hell with that, gimme some action!

>No facial hair
>No mane
>Girly ridges
>having ridges despite being set in the TOS era
>fish armor

I'm 90% sure those aren't Klingons, my friends.

but they had ridges in the TOS era

Everywhere other than Texas and Oklahoma that's lower than the Mason-Dixon Line and east of the Mississippi is the south.

fuck, forgot Louisiana (and Arkansas) and maybe Missouri

>captain pips

Why do DS9 fags always conveniently forget their precious cupcake show ripped off the superior Babylon 5?

>Babylon 5
literally who?

Execute attack formation Clusterfuck 1

And Star Trek is a ripoff of Forbidden Planet. I guess we all have to stop watching Star Trek now.

This is incorrect and it can be proven to be incorrect.

No need for that, just stop acting like they invented the wheel with that space shopping mall.

Because this refurbished Babylon 5 script is how Star Trek was always meant to be

We don't care, they even homage it. DS9 is god like in it's right.
This is coming from someone who prefers B5.

>Not having watched DS9 or even looked up the show enough to know he gets promoted to Captain