Are you guys from shithole countires shitposting on toasters or do you save up a years wages to pay for your machine?

Are you guys from shithole countires shitposting on toasters or do you save up a years wages to pay for your machine?

By the way I picked up my dual xeon rig out of the recycle bin for free. Perks of being 'merican

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Von_Neumann_architecture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Lua-scripted_video_games
npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2013/10/22/239860325/sony-explains-why-its-playstation-4-costs-1-845-in-brazil
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_income_in_the_United_States#By_educational_attainment
mapscroll.blogspot.com/2009/05/human-development-index-by-state.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kentucky_locations_by_per_capita_income
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why be like an American when you can be nice instead?

I'm starting to think that all americans are this retarded

>black DVD drive in a white case
almost perfect
replace the ball mouse with a white laser/optical mouse and id love using that setup

I got Ryzen 1600X with GTX 1060 6G, its enough for me as i only seriously play League and i dont need to run future releases on Ultra

all in all it cost me around 1500€, i got this money from betting

stop pretending you don't love me

>implying

My first few machines were very similar to that one up until about 2007 when I bought a friend's used custom PC and started buying gigantic premium CRT monitors and mechanical keyboards from a university auction nearby. But I still have found memories of my beige boxes and little shitty SXGA monitors.

>all in all it cost me around 1500€
>$1791.70
>can't even play last year's games on full ultra 60 fps
wew, I knew the situation on computer parts was shitty over there but still ridiculous to read it.

I'm using a IBM pcjr rn, it's all I can afford but works pretty well

Italians are poor as dirt compared to white americans, Achmed.

>SXGA
what does that stand for
the conversion from slavdollars to euros must be really messed up
still better than brazil

>they live in a country too retarded to have it's own semiconductor companies
>they have to purchase CPUs,GPUs, various components and operating systems developed in other countries

Do third worlders have any goddamn dignity? I would literally neck myself If I had to use a foreign built OS. What is it about high tech electronics manufacturing & design that is so challenging for their microscopic minds to comprehend?

Does no one feel even the smallest whit of shame having to depend on foreigners for tech?

we have Euro, and i meant entire setup not just CPU and GPU, i had to buy DDR4 ram because Jews dont allow DDR3 into motherboard you need for Ryzen

Well, what do you have to say about von Braun then? He was German.

SXGA = 1280x1024

That was the maximum res of most consumer-grade CRT monitors in the US during the 2000s. If you had a nicer CRT you could reach 1600x1200. If you had an awesome one 2048x1536 was possible.

I got lots of used workstation monitors around 2008-2010 for pennies at auctions that had the best images I've ever seen.

I'm not even sure those could run Windows.

"was" is the key word here. He became an American.

I might be mistaken but don't computers follow this architecture?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Von_Neumann_architecture

Von Neumann was Hungarian

This. I know that 96% of the posts on Sup Forums are facetious shitposts, but taking a brief break from the silliness, it really did make me cringe painfully to see how many Euros there are walking around with Apple products in their hands. Not to mention that many of their organizations and public institutions run Windows or OSX, and the whole sight leaves one wondering whether this even concerns them in the slightest.

Though big ups to the Scandis for Nokia and Ericsson.

True Americans use Harvard architecture.

ah, i have a SXGA Trinitron then, and a NEC that can do 1600x1200
AFAIK most 1600x1200-capable CRTs can do 144 Hz if you set em up in CRU, but only in 800x600
>mfw saw an amazing 2048x1536 CRT second hand in catalonya but i live in the other corner of Spain so i cant really pick it up

Apple products are mostly for upper class pretenious people, Europe is literally best place for them to advertise. Even here people will pay their 2x monthly wage to buy Iphone X.

Still, Samsung dominates Europe by big margin. nothing wrong with Windows, and IT uses Linux, nobody uses OSX

>foreign built OS
Fucking hurts to read that

It could not. Not enough memory and a different CPU architecture. But it could run a different Windowing system if someone wanted to design one for it.

>Um German-American

I hope Americans here don't play games where they use LUA scripting (made by Brazilians)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Lua-scripted_video_games

I saved cash for a very long time and then built a pretty fast desktop. It's average for American standards, but alien technology by Brazilian standards.

Any modern PC will have multiple components each using variations on both of these designs.

Yes, now please direct me to Hungary's extensive and globally dominant computer systems design industry.

Ah yes, the venerable world-leading German space program. How could anyone forget about it. The Penemunde facility is world famous for all the great Soyuz and Saturn rockets it produced

Well, a shitload of electronics are designed and manufactured in China and Korea. So unless you are making your post from an old Dell PC that was designed and built in Texas (and would still use parts shipped in from China) I don't think you have much of a point.

Oh so the credit only goes to the people who builds the stuff? The brains behind it are of no importance?

>SS Rival

My negro. Going strong here after 3 years of constant use. The rubber is almost completely gone on the sides though.

Of course not....

2048x1536 is pretty much a meme resolution with these monitors. At 21" or smaller you can't make out much difference in detail unless you are sitting about 1 foot from the screen, and then there are limitations having to do with the masking of the screen that keep you from seeing the full resolution being resolved. And you need a very good shielded video cable to keep interference out since you are still doing analog video.

I never actually used 2048x1536 for anything, just switched to it from time to time out of curiosity and to see how games ran at such ridiculous size.

1600x1200 is good tho. I play Doom 2016 on my old monitor in that res at 100hz with FOV set to 110 and it's glorious.

>Manufacture = design
Superlative wew. Can't wait to purchase my next Chinese designed CPU

>I don't know what domestic industry is as favela air quality greatly impairs thinking ability

I'm from the shithole and my pc is in fact quite outdated (gtx 560ti, 8gigs of ram and some Athlon x4), but since I don't use it for gaming I really don't need an upgrade.

BTW, posting on 4chin from obsolete pc and old crt monitor seems to be comfy af

>Dark Souls

I don't even get what's your point. The guy I was replying to said if you use any foreign tech you should be ashamed. I pointed out some of the brains behind the tech you use are foreign.

now you're just being willfully daft. I don't agree with his retarded chauvinism but i think his point is that the absence of independent and indigenous industry in all of those countries is what he considers humiliating.

The Clint poster ruins it

Thank you, though you sound like lib faggot

see . I'm not sure why I expect any degree of comprehension the products from third world education systems.

>Does no one feel even the smallest whit of shame having to depend on foreigners for tech?
>depend on foreigners
I was replying to this part. You depended on foreigners to build a lot of things is my point. You guys always have to attack my flag. Fuck your thread. I'm leaving :DDD

Laptops an technology in general are affordable here. Are most americans this dense?

You are not wrong

Anything is affordable when all you have to do is to steal it or rob a tourist.

My salary is so high that I could just use whatever's remaining from my next two paychecks to pay for a gucci machine.

So.... that's a yes. Thanks for confirming my question

No problem. It's always our duty to help the lesser humans of the world.

>Dual Xeon for shitposting
Why you must be a hacksterer

My pc is pretty old, it's called zoostorm probably just lowbrand stuff. It is basically used to browse the net and torrent stuff and that is all. Still works though.

If it's free why not?

>tfw worked part time for 3 months to buy a Ryzen 1700x

Never used something so fast before. Thank you based AMD for saving the PC.

>>tfw worked part time for 3 months to buy a Ryzen 1700x

Christ, how expensive are things in your country? A 1700X only costs me 7 hours of work.

>worked part time for 3 months to buy a Ryzen 1700x
>3 months
one of those few times when you reflect and really appreciate that you were born in the US.

estagiário não é gente

old article but:
npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2013/10/22/239860325/sony-explains-why-its-playstation-4-costs-1-845-in-brazil

>Of the $1,845 price, 63 percent goes toward paying import taxes that are imposed on the PlayStation 4 when it's imported to Brazil, Sony says.

I mean, I already knew of your country's vicious tariffs, but still, wow!

That chip alone is worth USD$350 on Newegg, it means you're making upwards of USD$7k a month if working full time, that's a yearly above USD$84k or twice the median for people over 25 in the US, meaning that unless you lucked out big time or are over 50 you must at least hold a master's, hardly an average Joe and certainly not Sup Forums's main NEET demographic.

How do I move to USA of A? I have a master's in engineering and my wage is 240$ a month.

>It's another shitskin "let me tell you about your country despite knowing nothing" speech

I'm 23. My income, while above national median, isn't anything extraordinary for anyone with my professional profile and in my industry, namely;
- BS in CS/EE/SE
- At least a few internships under his belt

In fact I'm underpaid compared to my peers as many of them easily slid into $100K+ jobs only a few months after graduation.

> hardly an average Joe and certainly not Sup Forums's main NEET demographic.
This superb meme again. Not everyone is your typical Sup Forums troglodyte. There is healthy cross section of high income professionals on boards such as Sup Forums, /o/, and /biz/. The "everyone on Sup Forums is poor and in the basement" meme got old in 2008.

Just take a flight here and walk over friend

Sergei, there are quite a few Russians working here. I'm not sure how easy it will be for a professional economic migrant, but a legitimately skilled engineer shouldn't be making that little in this day and age. It's just inhumane.

Jesus, Im a tradesman(railroad) and I make a bit more then that daily

That's less than Brazilian minimum wage. wtf?

>I have a master's in engineering and my wage is 240$ a month.

What's your job? I'm really not sure how to feel about the fact that I get $2800 a month in NEETbux whereas highly credentialed workers in other countries make 10% of that despite employment.

Again, hardly an average Joe, you yourself admit you earn above median and using your particular "professional profile" including "a few internships" as a base is misleading, you're obviously not asking president Trump to bring back coal.

As for the educational atainment I simply used 2017 data
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_income_in_the_United_States#By_educational_attainment
So you must be out of touch with what an average American makes apparently.
Either way, I did bust your comment as you being pretentious, the basis for mocking the Brazilian user is that you're speaking from the point of view of an average American, you're not if you're not lying about what you make.

>normies want to browse Sup Forums these days

There is no reputation or like counter here, so why are you here?

I actually lied about finding the dual Xeon machine in the trash. I paid $465 for it on ebay then sold the Quadro in it for $110 and replaced it with a GTX 960 I got used for $145. Total system cost was $500 even.

I am a disabled semi-NEET who sells stuff I find in thrifts stores and at auction on ebay to pay my car insurance and few other bills while living with my parents. I also get food stamps

I sold a bunch of video game stuff had collected over the years to pay for the PC.

However, people do find old Xeon machines in their work recycling bins, and I have found lots of other computer hardware in that manner over the years. Stuff like those old high-grade CRT monitors, Sony and NEC RGB 240p monitors, lots of mechanical keyboards, and much more. Just boxes and boxes of stuff.

>Just take a flight
A ticket to mainland USA costs 900$ which is virtually unaffordable.

The law has the minimal wage in Russia at 135$.

I design assembly appliances for blow-y up-y stuff on a military oriented factory.

>I design assembly appliances for blow-y up-y stuff on a military oriented factory.
That's literally NASA tier, isn't it? Ever considered contacting some American or yuro aerospace agency? They're always eager to brain drain other countries. They might even pay for the flight.

No, the thrust of my statement was that mentioning what the average American makes is wholly irrelevant in this context as the comparison was between me and the Brazilan poster in . This was a merely a closed comparison between me and him, not a springboard into some pointless faux-intellectual tirade about PPP adjusted COL differences and inequalities. but now that you bring it up because you're this desperate to prove a total non-point, it will take far less working hours an a median American wage to pay for a 1700X than it would in Brazil. Your own source shows this plainly.

Stop, please. There's something cosmically cringe-inducing about non-Americans, or people who've been on Sup Forums for less than 9 years trying to gatekeep the website

>a Brazilian finds out that Russia is poorer than Nigeria and that Brazil is first world

I take it that you're not familiar with the "mexican intellectual" meme, but there is a reason why it's recommended not to engage any Mexican in any technical discussion.

>That's literally NASA tier, isn't it
Not really, most of the appliances are extremely simple and are made of a few lumps of turned metal and some wire. The simpler the better, that's what the boss says. They do nothing complicated, just hold certain pieces in certain positions until the glue dries or something.

So the whole point to your post is that as an above average earner in the US you wanted to mock some kid in Brazil who worked hard for what he's got about being poor? Wew that's even worse.

yes, ad hominem is always a means to save face. Are you aware of the stupid Americans meme?

Eh, the point still stands. Have you considered looking for a job on the internet on your especific profession on a foreign country? If you're good at a niche job, and manage to have your boss write a recomendation letter, you could potentially land a higher pay spot. Maybe even ask to be paid in advance to move or something.

No, the whole issue here that out of some odd sense of holier-than-thou indignation, you're trying to manufacture outrage over a matter that offends literally no one else. I'm still trying to figure out how a very banal and forgettable income comparison can be read as boasting. I'm not sure how it is in 2nd world latrines such as yours, but no one living here would even think about bragging about $87,000 per annum, especially as someone living in NYC.

@79598984
I don't talk to subhumans so please don't reply to me. Your argument is with the other guy Javier.

>no one living here would even think about bragging about $87,000 per annum
Flat out false. Get out of the big city some time.

No, the whole point is you made a retarded comparison and got called on it, nothing more than that.

Stock guaranteed reply, fuck you burguer or whatever

As an addendum to this post I suggest you read this article:

mapscroll.blogspot.com/2009/05/human-development-index-by-state.html

I live in KY and I often find myself identifying more with posters from Brazil or Russia on here.

Whatever soothes your bitterness. You're inexplicably angry and touchy about the topic of money it seems.
No, there's rednecks everywhere else.
lyl

See

It's impossible to argue with burgers. They always ignore your argument.
>blah blah, you're poor therefore i win the argument
>hurr durr favela cartel you lose

>You're inexplicably angry and touchy about the topic of money it seems.

There's a reason why they cant stick to their shitholes and feel the need to flood our Southern states m8. Most Mexicans live like sub Saharan Africans.

>I live in KY and I often find myself identifying more with shitskins

That's understandable

I'm buying a 2500E rig next month
Gotta get ready for the sweet VR

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kentucky_locations_by_per_capita_income

My own county is #111 with a median income of $14,252. I assure you if you made $87,000 a year here you would be considered extremely wealthy.

Pic related. I have seen many similar houses and my next door neighbors is actually worse. My own house is not too great.

I don't know about euro defense contractors, but he won't be able to work under American defense contractors, because it is a federal requirement that you be a US Citizen.
You also have to get a secret clearance, which will be difficult to get for a foreign national.
Typical requirements for bottom bin secret clearance is your parents are US citizens, you are a US citizen, you haven't been convicted of any felonies, 3 character references, and several work references.

Also helps that your parents and any relatives aren't felons.

I'm just following this back and forth.....isn't his point that he makes $87K in a part of the country where his salary is something laughably low? It doesn't make much sense to compare rural shithole KY and gleaming big-business new york city desu.

Well, maybe he could just take any other job on some other industry, his experience wouldn't be worth as much, but I guess his engineering degree should be good for a wide range of stuff, not just arms manufacturing

Exactly, but stop trying to reason with assheated & poverty stricken rednecks and spics, it's simply not going to work.

Their home would be significantly cleaner if they simply threw out half of the things they own.
How many pots, pans, mugs, and kettles do you really need?

When you live in poverty, all pots are good pots.

I've done that whole jig, but when you provide or a family of 7, you only need maybe three pots and three pans.

>a family of 7
You are the problem here. These are mexispic tier reproduction rates and they are unsustainable.

Unless by "family of 7" you are also including adoptees, and indirect relatives.