Will we ever get extended cut?

Will we ever get extended cut?

Other urls found in this thread:

movie-censorship.com/news.php?ID=3918
movie-censorship.com/special.php?ID=9&Page=6
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcubierre_drive
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i wonder how the micro black hole is created, they should provide more details on the physics of it even if it's fiction

Lots of really big gravity all in a little box

What flick is this?

Enter stellar

yeah, we can assume the gravitional spacetime warping comes from the micro black hole the ship's engine creates, according to dr weir, but how does it operate? how is the black hole created and destroyed? how is it manipulated? why aren't the passengers affected by it? how is the ship's structural integrity kept?

A micro black hole would have an event horizon on the scale of atoms.

I thought there was only black liquid in the center?

man, i don't think theres a complete theory for how the portal to hell operates. it's mostly a plot device

Where we're going we won't need extended editions to see

the event horizon would be directly proportional to the mbh's mass and so would its entropy. thus, you could manipulate its size by adjusting its net intake of energy.

>In test screenings the cut was poorly received. There were complaints about the extreme amount of gore,[5] and Anderson and producer Jeremy Bolt claim members of the test audience fainted during the screening.[4] Paramount, which had stopped looking at the dailies before any of the gore was shot and were seeing the completed film for the first time along with the audience, were similarly shocked by how gruesome it was and demanded a shorter length time with a decreased amount of gore.

I WANT IT

Look at how they built the fucking thing, how could not think something bad was gonna happen when they turned it on?

Do any movies have a more realistic depiction of Hell?

you are what is wrong with movies today. you would rather focus on fake science instead of everything else. just watch star trek and leave the rest of us alone.

what dreams may come has pretty cool scenes involving hell

>enriching the plot somehow makes it a bad movie

>yeah fuck just add more explosions and gore and nonsense and fuck it

t. michael bay fanboy

>realistic depiction of Hell

Devil's Advocate

t. Dante

Wrong Turn

how is comeing up with bullshit science enriching the plot?
you would rather have an extra 30 minutes of someone saying how a scifi blackhole engine works instead of actual plot?

>realistic depiction of Hell

What?

What is it with black hole movies and hell

who the fuck cares?
enough energy focused on one point so as to rip open the fabric of space time, widen the schwartzschildradius by pumping in more energy, stabilize the wormhole by pumping in negative mass....
all theoretical scifi technobabble nobody can understand and nobody really wants to hear when going into a space-horror flick.
The folded paper explanation was sufficient to explain the concept

>Fake science
>Enriching the plot
These two things are opposites

I thought they "wake up" in heaven/purgatory after going into the black hole?

Nope. The footage was damaged so there will never be an extended cut.

>what is hard science fiction
Hypothetical science (i.e. fake science) is like why this book/moview exists

>>Fake science

>realistic
>Hell

hard science
>opens portal to hell
>hard science

Sort of. Reinhardt fuses with the red robot and goes to Not Hell, while the rest of the crew passes through Not Heaven, and goes out of a "white hole" into another planet orbiting a sun-like star.

>you've got 30 minutes
>IN ENGLISH DOC
>*pokes pen through paper*

A white hole?

Yes. You know, as opposed to a black hole.

it was gods bleached anus.

it's not fake science, it's actual science. the engineering is hypothetical though. (keyword here hypothetical, i.e., not impossible but not necessary possible either).

it wouldn't have to be "an extra 30 minutes of someone saying how a scifi blackhole engine works", they could have just extended the whole dinner table conversation past the 15 seconds of "this ship can travel the universe because look how this piece of paper folds folks" to perhaps 3 or 5 minutes. nolan almost nailed it in interstellar, he provided actual science (minus the beyond the horizon scenes which were just artistic freedom) whilst the engineering remained plausible to say the least.

>all theoretical scifi technobabble nobody can understand and nobody really wants to hear when going into a space-horror flick.

>and nobody really wants to hear when going into a space-horror flick.

and how would you know this? what you want != what people want

>what kind of set design you want, paul thomas not anderson
>we want the space jokey scene audience
>say no more senpai

i agree with him. why the fuck do i care how much energy that thing takes? it has no impact on the movie.

>it's not fake science, it's actual science. the engineering is hypothetical

Hey fuckhead, micro black hole engines don't work even in theory.

There's no FTL. There are no usable wormholes. Something that goes into a black hole is torn apart and released as radiation.

Reality is boring and absolutely nothing in physics indicates we'll ever get out of our own solar system.

>they could have just extended the whole dinner table conversation past the 15 seconds of "this ship can travel the universe because look how this piece of paper folds folks"

The important idea about how wormholes work in the movie is conveyed, and it also opens the door for the later dimensional travel/hell reveal.

It does what is needed for storytelling and doesn't Trekbabble you to death.

> nolan almost nailed it in interstellar, he provided actual science

Not even the basic premise of why Earth fails is scientific or plausible. Nor is the solution. Nor is the wormhole. And especially not fucking 5D timetravel.

> whilst the engineering remained plausible

Are people like you just clinically retarded? You want "authenticity", but can't be arsed to look up the actual physics. Which means it's even more annoying than just making some shit up about Dilithium crystals, which is fine, because it's just a story. It can be internally consistent even if the science is bullshit.

But for some reason you balk at basic Star Wars/Star Trek nonsense, you want it to "sound real". Even though the shit in Interstellar is as real as the science in Dr Who.

Ooga booga dumb fuck get a science degree.

T. Virgin

Some info:

movie-censorship.com/news.php?ID=3918

movie-censorship.com/special.php?ID=9&Page=6

So there is VHS... But how good does it looks? No idea.

If you have accurate science on how to create a black hole artificially and safely with practical applications, you better make room on your shelf for your Nobel prizes.

>micro
not have a event horizon of 1x10-6 metres

should have been called a pico-black hole

>LIBERATE TUTEMEH EX INFERIS

scared me beyond belief. Then again Gellar Fields weren't developed yet.

tl;dr

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcubierre_drive

>ITT WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO ADD SCIENCE FICTION TO MY SCIENCE FICTION MOVIE?

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. A black hole sucks time and matter out of the Universe; a white hole returns it.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcubierre_drive
right why didn't they put all of that information in the movie?
the writers were a bunch of hacks. who doesnt have have a degree in theoretical physics.

Test screenings have kill thousands of great movies

>tl;dr

Yeah you couldn't even read the first paragraph.

> is a speculative idea

Wow, what science. When do we upload our consciousness to the matrix breh?

it's called good writing dumbass, they wouldn't have to make a fucking documentary on how the engine works.

i thought you were a troll but now i'm certain you're just a fucking idiot.

this is a good reason to never watch anything on syfy channel.

red dwarf isn't a syfy channel show

the alcubierre drive has nothing to do with a black hole drive.
The alcubierre drive is basically a star trek warp drive and the event horizon one is basically a stargate wormhole

no.

The Mechanicus' Intro Video to why you don't build your star ship without a Gellar field generator.

That's not how that works...

>Sup Forums board
>people don't recognize a joke from a tv show
how surprising [sarcasm]

So what is it?

Nigger kys

Why are you all acting like such jaded cunts? Be more friendly.

I've never seen one before - no one has - but I'm guessing it's a white hole

haha oh wow.

Event Horizon

Yes.

But what would actually happen to you if exposed to space

What was dr weir's tax policy?

To open space or a black hole?

Exposed to open space like baby bear

Well you would suffocate and freeze to death because there is no air and the temperature is a couple degrees above absolute zero.

ask cern

>is a couple degrees above absolute zero.
this is false, the most remote parts of the universe can be as cold as absolute zero (maybe even colder)
majority of space isn't, solar winds and interstellar gas clouds can be as warm as a couple million degrees (F) and because of how warmth disapates you'd most likely die from suffocation than anything else, even if you're wearing a space suit

>space is cold

this maymay needs to end.

A white hole?

white holes eject matter/energy/light instead of swallowing it

you would loose conciousness because of lack of oxygen before you would experience any other effects like lack of pressure or cold.
Yes your blood would "boil" atleast gas solved in it would expand rapidly, much like in the divers disease, but you'd be dead before you experienced the pain.
Freezing would take quite long actually, since you would only loose heat by radiation, since there is nothing in the vacuum, that would "accept" your heat (think -10°C water vs -20°C air; because air doesn't conduct heat as well as water you don't freeze as fast as in water which is objectively warmer; in a vacuum there is nothing that would conduct heat)

You wont freeze immediately in space because it's a vacuum and there would be no heat transfer. Space suits have to contain cooling units to stop people over heating. And in a vacuum water actually boils so your mouth and eyes would be burnt.
If you were loose in space you would die from suffocating