DUDE HUMANS GOTTA WORK TOGETHER LMAO

DUDE HUMANS GOTTA WORK TOGETHER LMAO

Why is this film so shit?

Because you're a brainlet.

It's got Amy Adams and nice cinematography

What more do you faggots want?

why dont you fuck off and catch atlas shrugged instead

Ah I see. It's one of those films the thick cunts like because they think it makes them smart, like Tree of Life.

>atlas shrugged
Because that's shit as well.

Like your life, your face and your mother's BJ technique.

do you have any real criticisms

DUDE SEE MY KID HAVE CANCER IN THE FUTURE LMAO

bet you faggots would shit on 2001 if it came out today

DUDE GIANT FLOATING SPACE BABY LMAO

wow she looks like elon musk from the side

Are you comparing this to 2001? Lel

She has a weird nose.

One of the steps that mankind will have to take to keep going is to unite
Get over it braindead fuckers

Go back to red dit
2001 sucks

>amy adams
>jeremy renner

it's like they don't want me to watch this film

No, I am comparing your "criticism" with mine, because it's laughable.

Provide actual buzzword free arguments.

Why would those anons go to reddit if cancer like you originates from there ?

is there an alien movie were they make first contact with us not because some stupid reason like ops pic but because even for them they were like oh shit other life on other worlds exist lets stop by and say hello

I still wish for an alien movie which we are the aliens that arrive at a world where they are at middle-ages tier technology and we just stand there inside our spaceships acting all enigmatic and laughing our asses off at their attempt to understand what the fuck we are

And that's why you are not a screewriter

8 years
I'm so glad you don't write movies

Yeah it's pretty shit, we don't even learn what the aliens tax policies were, so why would we trust them?

I can't stand Amy Adams. I don't know why. Maybe it's her dumb fucking face or the fact that she is another "Down to earth" Jenifer Lawrence type of actor when in reality she is another spoiled bitch that lives in clouds. Something just boils me in me when I see her acting.

this was such a shit movie. why was the whole communication thing being lead by a dumbass meathead army guy? he was so stupid it was unbelievable, like no real person could be that stupid.

>can you translate this ayy lmao noise for me?
>what, you're telling me you can't translate a language you've never heard before?

then there's the chinese general who wants to NUKE the aliens. what the fuck? these things come to earth on their magical flying saucers and china wants to go to war with them? that's a death wish to any rational person.

it was also boring as fuck

her screen presence is bad. she shouldnt be the main character in anything

Fucking morons. Your opinions are shit.

Can someone tell me why a bunch of soldiers with some top secret clearance decide to go jihad on the ayy lmaos?

What was my criticism?

how do you think the military works?

because le conspiracy theorist guy convinced them the aliens are a threat, as if that's a thing that would actually happen irl

The problem with this film is that it didn't build everything around its message. The central message/idea of the film is that you can overcome grief by changing your perspective on it. All of the language stuff is there to set up the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis and show that you can have a vastly different perspective on things if you're open to it.

But was that really the main point? It's hard to say because even though that is a proper reading/analysis, the film has so many other things going on that dilute that point. Why is so much time spent focused on communication issues, either with Louise and her daughter or between governments? Why throw in so much subtle political messaging, when none of it is strong enough to stand on its own? Why not develop the relationship between Louise and Jeremy Renner's character more? A bunch of the themes that are developed don't actually contribute to the central idea.

they kept watching alex jones videos that were saying the ayy lmaos were about to make humans extinct

Uh, trump got elected honey. Nothing is certain.

Because the le nananas man on the interwebs radicalised a US Army fag through JewTube vids

>Why is this film so shit?

i know how the military works, but i'd expect them to assign someone with a little bit of intelligence and rational thinking abilities to lead a team encountering a foreign life form for the first time.

>not
>an
>argument

This. I watched this drivel seriously impaired and it didn't make me really think.

>i know how the military works
>i'd expect them to assign someone with a little bit of intelligence and rational thinking abilities to lead a team encountering a foreign life form for the first time.

Which was peculiar as the death of her daughter was in the future. It was just fucking strange.

>aliens are dangerous because they have super advanced technology
>lets try to piss them off
Makes no sense, even if they thought they could blow up alien ships, do they expect that they're the only aliens in the universe and no retribution would be coming? Or that nobody knows they're on Earth or find out they're suddenly missing?

Globalist NWO propaganda

>I heard on CNN that the hacker Sup Forums is le supreme hitlerman in the altright nazi movement!

He's right though. The military will have communication and intelligence experts that would be ideal in this scenario

>Humans have to work together
Well, yeah, that would be ideal

Competition drives advancements in soceity

>time travel

Automatic 0/10.

Are you having a stroke ? Wtf are you talking about kid ?

they translated an ayy lmao message as "use weapon" or something so they wanted to strike first in the upcoming war

>americlaps are this brainwahsed

I'm a Bong and it's fucking true. You think the space race would have put man on the moon in 1969 if not for the Cold War?

>If I act purposefully obtuse hopefully nobody will notice how full of shit I am
>Better call him a kid so I can signal to everyone that I'm the dominant one

Yeah, the chronology of it seems to undermine the only real message the film has. How is she overcoming grief if she hasn't even felt the grief yet? And likewise, it seems like she overcomes the grief as soon as she realizes she's feeling grief. I mean, it seemed like her flashbacks (flashforwards) were dream-like to her, not like actually memories, and as soon as she realizes that they were memories, she also is enlightened about the grief she will have, and she decides to have the kid anyway.

I can give the film the benefit of the doubt for that, even though it seems like sloppy storytelling. I don't really know what the message gains by making you think she's a grieving mother for the entire movie when in reality she was just sort of lonely and mostly just blank, a non-character.

>she decides to have the kid anyway.
she didnt have a choice in the matter

Repeat after me

>"There is no time travel in Arrival"

Only her perception of time changes where she "remembers" the future just like we remember our past in the form of memories.
Never does she move to an another point in time, she is always in the current narrative.

>What is this language? It makes no sense.
>Oh wait, I understand it now!
>WHAT THE SHIT I CAN SEE THROUGH TIME
>Hey, where I to have a daughter, she would die a shitty death and destroy me and the love of my life. Let's do it!

Why did you recommend me this, Sup Forums?

>Why is so much time spent focused on communication issues, either with Louise and her daughter or between governments? Why throw in so much subtle political messaging, when none of it is strong enough to stand on its own? Why not develop the relationship between Louise and Jeremy Renner's character more? A bunch of the themes that are developed don't actually contribute to the central idea.
Because then they'd have to actually make a good movie, as opposed to gluing a turd together and pretending it's a good movie.

>she uses information from the future to make decisions before she had that information

>this isn't time travel because she didn't physically go to the future

>even though she can mentally hop to any point in her life because of the alien language

You might as well try to claim there isn't any time travel in quantum leap.

She did though, which is why Ian left her. She observed "memories" which were actually future events.

So Shang gave her his personal phone number in the future for Louise to use in the present as well as his wife's dying words. Why would he do that, is he knew she knew those thing already????

>which were actually future events.
which means she cant make the choice to stay childless

I said it would be ideal, not that it's the most probably thing to happen

predestined to happen

Which is stupid when you think about it.

I never believed the "Sup Forums is contrarian" meme until I read the reactions to Arrival.

What a bunch of dense, autistic cunts you all are.

>drumpf is evil nazi fucking white male

>military is full of dumb grunts

That user is right though
You shouldn't let memes control your life
You end up saying stupid

Yes, but if you ring me up now, I'm not going to meet you in six months and show you my personal number. I'm going to assume you already know it seeing as you've used it.

Seriously? Most if technological advancements we have in society start off as military grade tech before dropping down to the civilian consumer.

See TV, radio, mobile phones and the fucking internet for a start.

He said something like "I feel like I have to tell you this for some reason" in the scene. He felt compelled but he didn't know why

Says the redditor

To serve the mental plot is why.

Where from Aus?

He didn't say shit about memes. The guy he was originally responding to made a better point than he did.

>>>/reddit/

because it was his destiny to say it in that moment

Are you retarded ? Look at this shit

Well, anyway if she wasn't overcoming grief then the film has no point at all. It's just a bunch of different half-connected ideas with no coherence.

Basically every aspect of modern society was developed to get to the moon.

Redditor on suicide watch

>destiny
Oh fuck, sure fire way to screw up your work.

>waaaaaaa muh CNN is real news ;( waaaaaa madam Cunton won the popular vote waaaaaaaa

Keep crying bitch nigger

>Well, anyway if she wasn't overcoming grief then the film has no point at all

now youre being dramatic

>Why not develop the relationship between Louise and Jeremy Renner's character more?
isn't there enough of this tripe in other movies? for once just let it be sci fi, not sci fi /romance

I don't think that the relationship should be in there just for its own sake. I think that the relationship could've helped frame Louise's grief more. It could've clarified things we saw in the flashforwards. If the film had more of a vision, I'm sure it would've spent time on the relationship instead of on all of the political meandering.

But we do, we need to forget our tribalist horseshit and ride the fuck out into space. This galaxy is our birthright as a species.

Are you retarded ? Look at this shit

I think they didn't spend much time on the relationship between Amy and Renner to keep it as a "twist", a bit lazy writing I guess.

>its shit cuz ur a feg if u watch it
>but jeremy renor
>but thick cants lyke this lmao
>reddit reddit reddit
This is the level of film criticism we can offer here at Sup Forums.net. Please tell your friends.

That's the only thing that bugs me about alien movies. If they can travel to Earth, they're probably so advance that we really wouldn't dare to provoke a fight that we would be guaranteed to lose. At least in the X-Files humans more or less just beg for mercy. They allow the alien transition to rule humanity peacefully because they would really stand no chance.

Who's going to make the rules? To unite mankind, we need to destroy cultures and nations and have one government rule over everyone. That's something a lot of powerful people would like to see, but it's easier said than done.

The kid and relationship were clearly more important to the movie than any of the sci-fi elements

stop talking about this crap movie

DUDE LANGUAGE LMAO

complaining about shitposts is shitposting. here's some real criticism if you actually want to discuss the movie instead of just whining

>le le le le le so your sure you know I'm mocking what I'm referring too
>iz shiz
>hoo hoo rebbit
>this one piece of dialogue ruined the film
>lmao more like arny adams apple lel kek lol

That user is right
You fuckers need to go back to Sup Forums or reddit

Please bring your friends, we have almost sentences, straw man arguments and nothing but capeshit and cunny spam 24/7. Welcome.

>I heard on CNN that the hacker Sup Forums is le supreme hitlerman in the altright nazi movement!