Literally ends with the main characters dancing like birds during a school shooting

>literally ends with the main characters dancing like birds during a school shooting
Not even memeing, this is the single worst show I've ever seen

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QqhtUBnc09E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

k

It's pretty good if you ignore the interpretive dance scenes.

fuck you
the dance scene they have to revive the redneck guy was godlike

Yep.
That girl is literally Neil Breen with boobs.

the true original angel

>the dance scene they have to revive the redneck guy was godlike
I was fucking dying during the whole thing

suffered through one episode and wanted to die the whole time, what a dreadful show

I saw the whole thing because my gf forced me, but by the end we both couldn't stop laughing at how shit it was.

why? it was beautiful...I mean it was beautiful but stupid... the whole show is premised on this concept.

You called it stupid yourself, user

I know but there is profound beauty in its stupidity.

I just kept imagining them going into Smooth Criminal and do the lean.

>this is what privileged kids who worked for Goldman Sachs think is deep and profound

I honestly hoped it was going to have an ayy lamo angle to it. When it became evident it wasn't going to have that, I was hoping it would at east present me with some whacky theory on the afterlife a la "discovery of heaven" or that shitty Dan Brown book I can't recall the title off. But no, even that was denied the audience. Instead we get a "it was all a prank bro" along with a Just Dance routine.

I am ashamed of myself for having sat through this just because I thought she was a qt. I am weak willed and succumbed to my basic desire to watch a cute girl do cute things. The only thing this show has shown me is my spinelessness when it comes to saying "no" to qt3.14s on TV. It has proven to me that I am no better than anyone else out there and willingly "eat shit" for the sake of some blonde.

The shitness of this serie made me contemplate my life.

The moment when she comes home to her parents with alien scribbling on her back trying to communicate with some "other" and claiming to be the "oa" really sets the entire thing up to be an ayy abduction series.

Then the moment she explains "oa" stands for "original angel" you realize how stupid you were for having been led along for so long.

I mean honestly, why did the show decide to make it an acronym? Why would she not say right at the start that she think herself to be "the original angel"? She has no problem with being insane, so that couldn't have stopped her from saying it normally. No, the only reason there is, is to mislead the audience, to have them make false assumptions and to generate very forced mystery. Had she in episode one said "original angel" I would have switched of there and then, and I reckon a lot of others would have to. Fuck this show for applying clickbait techniques to their production.
I hope everyone involved in the making of this show has shitty desserts the rest of this year.

hap did nothing wrong

The only reason anyone watched this shit fest.

Also reminder that if you are in freezing water long enough to make you go blind, then you have been in it long enough for the rest of your body to be fubard as well.
>it was the angels price for making her live!
Ya, no, fuck off, a simple whack to the head gave her her sight back implying nothing otherwordly was involved in losing it to begin with.

Shit show for shit.

>wahh there's no alien, superhero, time-travel, dimension, conspiracy plot twist

Grow up. This isn't your fucking child show.

Underrated post, captures Brit Marling's essence. It fascinating to see her act out her juvenile girly Mary-Sue fantasies.
Just like my nigga Neil and his adolescent secret government agent terrorist hacker psychic fantasies.

So the entire story was a made up fantasy, how does she (the OA) know about Hap (the scientist) killing his coworker in the morgue??

Nobody but the scientist and coworker were a witness to that event, yet we the audience are told about it nonetheless.

Who is giving us this information? If the the OA is telling it, why is nobody questioning her on how she knew about it happening?

If she isn't telling it, who is? Simply part of the serie's narrative? In which case how is it all made up crazy talk if that particular part of the story isn't being told by the crazy person?

Does the writer of this mess himself know if it is crazy talk or not?

I would be far more satisfied with a S2 in which it was revealed the it wasn't crazy talk, everything did happen, and the books found in her room were planted there by the FBI officer who just happened to there oh so conveniently to cover up some super conspiracy.

Hap told her.

instead we get the super original "it was all just a dream" twist along with a ""let's dance" saves everyone at a school shooting" ending.

Ya, this is some adult kino right here, only palatable for the finer connoisseurs of the film medium.

rly makes you think

>hey yo OA, I know you totally want to break out of here and you don't particularly like me, but I would really like you to help me with my science project here and also become my lover if that would be at all convenient. Let me attempt to persuade you with a story about me being a murderer of my mentor who taught me everything who happened to be running a similar experiment only he incinerated his subjects.

Ya, no. Just repeat after me "shit writing", that is the real reason.

this show really activated my almonds

Only autists have a problem with the last scene.

>all this complaining
>no one posted the webm

>having to stand there and perform that dance in complete silence while hundreds of people are watching you.

Ironically only a completionist autist would get to the last episode as there is nothing in the show that compels any normie to keep watching.

Thoughts on this boy (female)?

I've only seen the school shooting scene but my god it's so shit, everythign about it is terrible

why do netflix make so much stupid shit?

thanks, user

wew, glad i dropped this show after four episodes words don't do this scene justice

Here's another webm, enjoy!

Did you get to the foreshadowing and gave up when you guessed what the ending would be?

jesus christ

>opening scene is titties for the sake of titties
>not a childish show
uhuh, got any more compelling points you want to make?

I don't even recall any real foreshadowing or may have missed it. I was already ready to drop it every episode and then the one where she ran off, 'died' came back and got her vision I was over it. There were red flags throughout but something about that fourth episode was the last straw.

>boy

every dance is interpretive you moron

No, I got to the bit where they failed to give the cute latino any screen time.

>got away with kidnapping and murder
>got away with being Voldemort's henchman

It really isn't.

Nah, it is a well-executed 8-hour movie.

>Is a weak spineless numale that gets his shit pushed in by basically everyone.

Who are you trying to convince here user?
Why are you being a snake oil salesman on a Nepalese clay stop motion support call center?

>a simple whack to the head gave her her sight back implying nothing otherwordly was involved in losing it to begin with.

The angel gave her sight back during an NDE when she got whacked on the back of the head.

What are you plebs arguing about? Did you not understand?

What if Prairie made most of that shit up? What if she just wanted to make her own cult? Maybe she was in one (she somewhat was in her story) for 7 years. She may have some sort of premonitions since a kid, but maybe the rest was a lie. You have to figure this out, think about it, see the story from more angles.
And its not just the story. Its the potrayal of living in this 5 cell aquarium with 4 other people being a test subjects to the craziest experiments. Its the horror of it.

I didnt like the dancing myslef, but it served great purpose.

tl;dr
Ya'll plebs.

Holy shit Ive never realized that was the same actor. He looks so much different with his ears covered.

Uh... kino?

>Hap starts going into anaphylactic shock from tomato allergy
>"what the fuck prairie, did the tomatoes I ordered for you have tomatoes in them?!"

youtube.com/watch?v=QqhtUBnc09E

:)

The show is actually pretty bad besides that. I could accept the dancing. If I can accept fucking Iron Quip Man I can accept dancing. But the show had poor writing and extremely underdeveloped characters.

The O / \ ?

What?

Questions you should be asking yourself.

ᵀᴴᴱ O /.\

jesus I haven't heard it in so long

>that filename
literally what i thought

What the fuck is this

>see kid with gun in the distance approaching school
>don't get up and tell your friends to follow you out of the cafeteria
>instead floor them and yourself, hide under a table and hope you were mistaken about the gun and he was actually carrying an earthquake

Is this really how US school children are taught to react?

no, this couldnt be in america because the kids would have guns

No, they also aren't supposed to use weaponized interpretive dance

It's really rather bad

Is Brit Marling the most thought provoking filmmaker in the business today?

>Dance off, bro, you and us

>I took an intro to philosophy class at my local community college and am now enlightened

She's an insufferable self absorbed idiot.

Literally the worst show I've ever watched all the way through

Lol. One of many well writen oa scenes

jesus christ, nice trips tho

>it's not retarded!!!

*draws in breath for at least 10 seconds*

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABAHAHABAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAOOOHAHAHAJAHAHAHAHAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *chuckles while breathing in*

BWWAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA OHHHHHH AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHGAHAHJAAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAHAJAJAJAHAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAHANAJAHAJANJAIAJAJAJAJAHAJAJAHAJAHAJAJAJJAJAJAAJJAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХAХA*farts a little*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahah, heh, woo...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHhahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAJAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAJHAHAJAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAJAHAHAHAJAJAJJAJAJAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I guess I am alone in this. I actually enjoyed the final scene. It even gave me goose bumps. I haven't read the thread, or any thread regarding the show. What I take away from it was that she is able to see the future slightly, and is also fucking nuts. I don't think the captivity thing ever happened, and I don't think the movements mean anything at all. I think that she saw a future in which the shooter was distracted by 5 crazy kids dancing. So she made that future happen to avoid the shooter gettin his shoot on.

The final scene I enjoyed because it showed the emotion. Those kids really believed all that bullshit, too the point where they thought they were invincible together. I think that is why I liked it. The actors portrayed that final scene better than anything previous. You could really see and feel the devotion and emotion. Overall the series was shit, but that final scene was great. There were a few moments in between as well, but they are few and far between.

Just my thoughts though, and what do I know... I'm just another idiot on the internet.

According to her twitter her family disowned her for pretending to be a boy. After the ending of OA I can't say I have any sympathy.

lel

my sides are fucking obliterated

You have to understand, most regulars on Sup Forums have some form of social anxiety disorder or autism. That final scene triggers them, because it brings to mind prior episodes of humiliation that they are keen to forget. Non-mentally-disabled people don't have a problem with it, so the scene acts as an interesting Rorschach test.

no, you're a stupid roastie is what you are. go back to faceberg

What's this show even about?

Can someone give me a quick rundown?

Oh good, it's another "I'm totally a casual but incredibly insightful external observer of Sup Forums culture with my armchair psychology and projecting" poster. Always love seeing your one-note posts about how all of us were bullied and so we hate everything that involves anything social not because it's a shitty stupendously laughable scene but because we have an inferiority complex.

>Sup Forums have some form of social anxiety disorder or autism
> That final scene triggers them, because it brings to mind prior episodes of humiliation that they are keen to forget

you clearly don't know what autism is. They wouldn't be bothered about it one bit as they would have never ever thought that the socially cringe shit like running like sonic would be humiliating in the first place.

back to /plebbit/

>meet Prairie
>she's been missing for seven years, but has suddenly reappeared on a crowded city bridge
>she says she's been held in captivity by a psycho doctor (Draco Malfoy's dad)
>the doctor kidnapped her and four others because they all suffered childhood accidents that involved them being briefly declared dead
>he obsessively drowns and revives them over and over in an attempt to prove the existence of an afterlife
>eventually they all begin to experience similar dreams while they're flatlined, involving being guided by animals and learning strange interpretive dance moves
>for some reason Malfoy suddenly releases Prairie, she has no idea where she was being held all that time
>reunited with her parents, she declares she is no longer Prairie, she is The OA, the Original Angel
>she believes that by teaching the interpretive dance from her dream to five other people, she can find her way back to the other prisoners who are still being tormented
>an angry jock, a boy (female) named Buck, Phyllis from The Office and two other kids I don't care about listen to her story of captivity and learn the dance from her
>a school shooter bursts into the cafeteria
>the students and teacher all do their magic dance they were taught by The OA
happens
>FIN

Girl who was kidnapped was raped repeatedly over 5 years and she forced herself to imagine several things:

1. Her holding area being more elaborate and comfortable than it actually was.
2. Her being able to resurrect people by dancing with other prisoners
3. Salsa cooking she said she did for the captor was actually non stop rape sessions

What was that dance supposed to do?

I think you made this to go along with your preaching.

make the shooter go
>what the fuck are these mentally retarded people doing
and get decked by some guy while he was distracted by their autismo dance.

Do cringey shit like wearing anime shirts and taking your daki out for a walk as an obese 40 year old.
>haha, wow, what an autist

Knock a series because it shows a bunch of late teens and obese adults doing a poor rendition of the power ranger dance in an attempt to ward of a school shooter.
>haha, wow, what an autist

I wish people like you would make up your mind as to which of the two it is.

>Mfw me and my gf are pretty normie and we were laughing at how fucking trash the whole show is

I'm sorry you have shit taste mah dude

I wish it were as deep as this, that the whole show was an allegory for rape. Sadly it isn't.

Honestly regret having watched this show, any redeemable qualities were always subdued by dumbass scenes (season finale to name one) and dumbass concepts (the space arab)

(pic related)

are you me

Beyond the black rainbow was pretty GOAT desu senpai.
That scene where he repeatedly taps his pen to fuck with her, holy shit, it was actually putting me on edge.

Also just generally a visually quite striking film.

Why did he watch the entire 40 second dance instead of being confused for like 3 seconds and then just shooting them?

Why did Ronan?

Because that movie is retarded.

So everyone had to move away at the end, right? How could these people survive the constant ridicule they would experience for dancing like a retard flamingo.

based Hispanic cafeteria worker saved the day

And to think, Trump would deport him