Did he really deserve all the hate?

Did he really deserve all the hate?

No

In fact some of his earlier stuff is fine, no better or worse than the average comedian honestly

He also didn't deserve to sell out Madison Square Garden, which made a lot of people envious and also resentful of the fact that he'd gotten so big so fast. And just as quickly as he'd gone up, he came crashing back down

That Louis CK episode basically described the whole situation perfectly

He got so big that making fun of him became popular.

He was also a Christian "frat boy" type which the mainstream started to really hate around 2009.

I don't understand how a comedian stealing jokes is an absolute career death-knell when a musician can steal copyrighted material and no one bats an eye

Jews dude.

No. Early on he wasn't that bad, and we've all probably laughed at one of his jokes in like middle school, he's just an average comic.

Stealing jokes is fucked but I dont know the details on that in this case...

Then you're fucking retarded, I guess.

No. He was fine. In no way was he worse then the likes of Carlos Mencia but definitely didn't deserve the hate.

At least he still gets work

Because musicians give their own interpretation and are in part preforming a physical skill. People knowingly pay to watch this. When you pay to see a stand up comedian you don't pay to hear a joke you've heard tons of times.

He started doing standup in Boston at the same time as Bill Burr and Patrice and they say he always crushed it. They have mad respect for his talent even if it's not their style of comedy.

performance and delivery is the most important part of standup though

>performance and delivery is the most important part of standup though

No it's not actually, at least not any moreso than content. You literally just pulled that out of your ass. There's no such thing as A+ delivery of shit content. There isn't a single comedian in the world that could make "I just flew in from seattle and boy are my arms tired" work.

I actually just went to see him and he's definitely back to being hilarious. At one point the venue fucked up and his mic was on permanent feedback mode. It was horrendous and would have ruined the act of a lesser man, but he fucking used it and made some hilarious jokes about it until it was fixed, it didn't even ruin his train of thought.

He has some hilarious bits I don't care what people say. His only flaw was his later shows relied way to heavily on raunchy humor and not the random whacky stories that got him big
>I saw you last night I peeked in your window
>oh really you did? That's because I have a hologram of me watching tv on my couch to prevent burglars

>saying God bless you to an atheist
>"listen here young fellow" he's about to school me
I might actually watch that special tonight now

This. Plus, a musician playing a cover is usually seen as a sign of respect for a certain song or artist; it's always understood that you're playing someone else's material. Most of the time someone steals a joke in comedy, it's because they're passing off someone else's joke as their own. They're saying it to get a laugh in the context of something that's supposed to be their own work.

And the same thing happens when musicians try to pass off someone else's work as their own. Look at all of the shit Led Zeppelin has gotten over the years for plagiarism, and the tons of lawsuits that have happened. There isn't really a double standard; no one likes plagiarism.

It became a meme to hate on him

No kidding. He even looks like a hybrid of Ryan Reynolds, Will Ferrell and Vince Vaughn.

You have to be smart/unhappy/neurotic to be funny

He was on fire for a few years in the early 2000s but his style got a bit stale. That comedy central half hour slayed me

Liberals hate him

I haven't watched him since Vicious Circle and I remember fucking loving it. Granted it was like 10 years ago so I don't know how it's held up.

No he's literally Our Guy

>which the mainstream started to really hate
It was more that he got caught stealing jokes
Christian Frat boys have been hated since the 80s, which was when nerdy stuff was becoming the new mainstream

His comedy became 75% physical. That doesn't really translate when you are listening to his stand up. Also, some comedians have talked about how he was way up his ass about how funny people thought he was, like constantly complimenting himself and he was always "on".

I really liked his early stuff. Like in 1999. I was glad to see him get success but never knew how/why he rocketed to stardom and then he was gone. I don't really care about the stealing jokes bit, because to be honest, I bet every great comic has stolen a few jokes. It's just gonna happen whether is subconscious or deliberate.

read up on his personal life, he's had it pretty rough

>There's no such thing as A+ delivery of shit content

I don't know about that. I've heard some stupid shit delivered in hilarious ways.

>Mfw watching Jeff Ross roast battle thing and some shebaboon literally uses one of Jeffs jokes, on his own fucking show, and nobody calls her out on it
>One of the rules stated before each battle "original content"

Also didn't nearly all of cooks money get stolen by his brother or something?

What jokes did he steal?

I remember going to the cinema and seeing those trivia clips a long time ago and Dane Cook said if he had to do start over from the beginning he'd be a brain surgeon instead of a comedian.

Something about scratching your itchy asshole with your finger and smelling it. Brilliant material originally conceived by the auteur Louis Székely.

That guys a fucking idiot, even if you are a great writer if you don't have the timing or the ability to perform the content it doesn't matter how good the material is. Delivery is like 80% of the fucking job.

I disagree. I heard he stole from Louis Ck. I will never, ever, watch Louis Ck.

I don't care for Dane Cook either but if he's ripping off people I don't give a shit about I don't see what the problem is.

I'll never spend a dollar on comedy so who actually created the content is meaningless.

Dane Cook is a really good neurotic actor, wish we got to see him in more stuff like Mr. Brooks. He was the best part of that movie.

>I will never, ever, watch Louis Ck.

What an odd thing to say. Why not?