Why does every legend rate him? Was he really that good?

Why does every legend rate him? Was he really that good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LmmN1vo80YQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1LW87rPBVCk
youtube.com/watch?v=E_-J3zs_82k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who the fuck is this? It looks like Ronaldo but about 50lbs lighter than I remember

yeah the 90s ronaldo was very good and his 2002 comeback was very impressive.

Yeah he was pretty much unstoppable throughout his entire career. Except for his exploding knees of course

probably the best striker ever

>being underage

You need to be over 18 to post here.

God, I fucking loved that shirt. Circles around numbers must come back.

I'm 20 (knew him since 02)

are you 79599594 ?

quit making shit threads claiming great players aren't great just because you never saw them play

>was he really that good?
Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=LmmN1vo80YQ

He was amazing.
I haven't seen a 9 like him in my life.

look liek macaco

Literally who

He is known in these countries in green

Undoubtedly the best striker ever. He tore any defense apart with his speed and strength. When watching him, you could almost 'feel' a goal was coming when he got the ball; nothing could stop him.

>every person with knowledge and experience in the field thinks he's good

>was he good?

>you

75% of the green is 3rd world or sandnigger

So what?

44% (and counting) of navy blue is non-white

he was a bulldozer

also, he was from a more relaxed era in which you didn't need to score hat tricks every game during your whole career to be considered great

it was also impossible to do that because you actually had people that knew how to defend instead of athletic idiots with zero awareness and mental ability

>defenders were better back them
lmao nice one amerifat

>le 24 % face

It's more to do with the fact there weren't any super teams back then. His Barca and Inter sides were very mediocre compared to today's top teams. In his first and best season for Inter the next top scorer on the team was Djorkaeff with 7 goals.

People will say shit like this about this era in 15 years

>Was Ronaldo really that good?

Jesus Christ. Was Wayne Gretzky really that good?

nah, laos and cambodia are next to 100% non-white

That there weren't any super teams?

They'll put some flaw.

He's the Brazilian Harry Kane

>literally the main reason to modern football be what it is now (speed, strength, technique, marketing)
>was he really that good?

embarrassing post

>defenders were not better back them
t. Ahmed Mohammad

Underage banned

>this flag
>this post
What is it with Americans constantly asking Europeans/South Americans if a player was good?

best 9 ever

Are you the same faggot that made the Barry Sanders bait thread?

as an Ausfag who knows next to nothing about the game I can tell you he was god-tier under his knees fucked at him at Inter. I only ever cared enough to read about from watching him play and knowing I was watching someone in his own class even at a professional.

he was literally unplayable

What is Gaelic football? Just sheep shagging?

because he was in the brazil/nike golden era of joga bonito, with ronaldinho, rivaldo, cafu, r. carlos, and the other guys that won the world cup, beating thieir natural archrival in one mystical stadium that is the yokohama, where only the bests teams of the world have played there on the Intercontinental Cup

it's actually a pretty cool game my German friend, especially when they do the International Rules Series between Australia and Ireland

>tfw the games you remember being great were 10 years ago

youtube.com/watch?v=E_-J3zs_82k

rivaldo > ronaldo

I find it hard to believe that cricket is more popular than rugby league in Australia

>t. Hull FC fan

>wrestling

Also the national sport of Afghanistan is Buzkashi

i terms of just how good and explosive a player he was, pure and simple, its between him, messi, or zico for the best ever player

they couldn't stop him from scoring back then he was effective

>projecting this much because "muh 11 minute sport" is not worldwide famous

It's true though

Literally the best

a more complete maybe slightly less agile messi

>that fucking darude sandstorm intro
tiptopkekm8ir88/8

3:32 is honestly amazing, one of the best goals I've ever seen.

>Was Ronaldo, Nedved, Pirlo, Scholes, Zidane, Shevchenko, Beckham, Makelele, Del Piero, Raul, Maldini, ever really that good?

I swear to god it's the same shitter that keeps posting these.

>a more complete maybe slightly less agile messi
kek how the fuck was he more complete? ronaldo was just a glorified tap ins artist

I bet you are the kind of faggo who says CR7 is more complete than Messi just because he can score 1 o 2 headers per season

>ronaldo was just a glorified tap ins artist
Global Rule 2: You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

The best 9 in the history of the game. May have been the best ever if not for the injuries.

Can you imagine Pele, Maradona, or Messi having the careers they did with three acl tears?

It goes like this Prime Ronaldo > Messi > Cristiano > Fat Ronaldo > Drugged Maradona

>ronaldo was just a glorified tap ins artist

Quite possibly the most retarded thing I've ever read on Sup Forums, and I've been here since 2009

Nice ad homine, you sure proved me wrong

>Nice ad homine
Hello, Reddit.

Well there aren't really any truly legendary teams in the past 10 years apart from Pep's barca

>Zico
I think you have been memed

4th biggest scorer for the NT.

he's not wrong, faggot

>unplayable

so, shit?

both Ronaldos are better than Drugssi.

>played for every stacked team in Europe
>zero Champions Leagues
LMAO

>It's more to do with the fact there weren't any super teams back then.
^this so much. The biggest difference between now and the 90s football is that teams weren't as stacked. You had top teams spread out evenly across top leagues.

He was brilliant. Strong, powerful, but still very quick with his feet.

But people tend to put their rose-tinted nostalgia goggles on when talking about him.

He's won less major league titles and Champions Leagues than John O'Shea, and that's despite the likes of Zidane, Figo, Beckham etc. feeding him.

Yes he had injury problems, but you can't say "OH YEAH BUT IF IT WASN'T FOR THOSE INJURIES HE WOULD HAVE WON MORE" yeah m8, and if I was better I would have won the World Cup for Scotland by now.

The reality is he's not in the top 10 players of the past 30 years. You could make an argument that he's not even in the top 30.

It's laughable that people suggest he should be ranked higher than the likes of Messi and Cristiano. It's like they aren't even operating on the same level of reality as the rest of us...

You can see the argie is wrong just by watching this

He has more WC's than your muslim micro island

He was very very important to Brazil in 2002. He scored in the last game twice. Winning a world cup > anything else. I don't care what anyone says.

Maybe in Brasil. Here nobody really cares about the WC unless it's the summer of the WC year.

A player is judged on his performances week in and week out. 52 weeks a year. Consistency. The best measure in football of this is the league.

A cup competition that lasts less than a month is not really a good measure of this.

Anyone can play well in a tournament over 4 weeks. Not everyone can play well consistently every week of the year.

>anyone can play well
Dude, come on. We're talking about the WORLD CUP here. The most difficult tournament to win. Also you have to win with the team your country has to offer. Where are Messi and CR7 in WCs?

>Here nobody really cares about the WC

You are SO cute :3

This is why the whole footballing world laughs at England

he was that good

he's right. we know we're shit and have no chance of winning it, so most people dont give a fuck. i'd say 2006 was the last time the country really had any actual belief

>The most difficult tournament to win
>Only need to win max of 7 games
>Mostly based on postcode lottery as to where you are born and the time your were born

Yeah, no.

Arguably the easiest to win.

Never go full reddit.

I think you'll find nobody gave a flying fuck in 2006 either. Apart from the media of course.

It's frustrating that England haven't won the world cup recently, because then spastics on here wouldn't revert to the tired and stale "AHAHAHAH JUST BECAUSE ENGLAND ARE SHIT AND NEVER WILL WIN THE WC" arguments.

Face facts, it's a fun summer cup for women and kids to get involved in while the REAL football takes a break.

I enjoy the WC and the Euros but please. I'd rather my own club won the league cup than England win the WC if you gave me the choice.

>easiest to win
There must be like 5 people in the world with this opinion.

>The reality is he's not in the top 10 players of the past 30 years. You could make an argument that he's not even in the top 30.
Oh please do name these 30 players or at least some of them please.

I'll believe you the day your mates and your journalists will stop to brag about the trophy "coming home" every four years.

He had 1 genuine shot at the CL in his career, in the 02/03 season when Real still had Hierro and Makelele, but he was injured for the 2nd leg against Milan IIRC. He had no chance with Barca and Inter who were uefa cup tier teams at the time, and Real became a mess after his first season. At his peak he was untouchable, and was relevant at the top for a good decade. Consistency is all well and good, but nobody rates the likes of Giggs over Ronaldinho in the GOAT rankings for example.

world cup is nothing but a corrupt money generating scam these days. it's prestige is in the gutter

What's that, dressing up 11 y/o boys as girls and gang raping them?

You guys better not get happy if England wins it the next year.

>tf
>tp
Do WClets really never learn?

>nobody rates the likes of Giggs over Ronaldinho in the GOAT rankings for example.

Because Ronaldinho was better than Giggs. Not sure why you are making out like Giggs was some sort of solid 7 performer though, in his peak he was Messi-like almost.

>He had no chance
Oh come on, if he was so special then surely in his 20 year career he could have mustered up more than 2 pathetic league wins.

t. Nigel Cuckingsworth

I won't give a fuck m8. Probably won't even watch it t.b.h.

I get it's a big cultural thing in Hue land but please don't think it extends outside of your irrelevant country.

It's pretty sad to see someone so hopeless desu

Yeah it's only big hueland. Only we care, right...

>The most watched event on planet earth

>don't think it extends outside of your irrelevant country