How come they're so good at basketball?

How come they're so good at basketball?
Slovenia just won the Eurobasket in the final match against Serbia...

And there's so many of them in NBA too.

More tallfags per capita compared to neighboring countries is my guess. Also
>balkaniggers
>good at basketball
What a surprise. We're basically "white" niggers.

commie legacy

that makes no sense

Only about a third of the NBA is foreign players
and only about 40% of the foreign players are from these countries.

And the only foreigner Olympian was Kyrie Irving who is Aussie.

But realistically Serbia is pretty good. The U.S. is just OP in basketball.

We beat Nigeria 75-156 in 2012.. haha

>only 40% of the foreign players are from these countries
>only
That's almost half of all foreign players, all coming from a pool of 20 million people. It's crazy when you think about it. Also, what does foreign mean exactly? There's plenty of American NBA players of Yugoslavian descent, are they foreign?

Tall people and love for the game

I explored more about it and turns out that when they were a single country they were pretty badass at basketball

>8 medals from World Cups including 3 golds
>13 medals from Eurobasket including when they won gold 3 times in a row
>hosted Eurobasket and WorldCup multiple times

Wow guys, you have something to be really proud of

I'll tell you a secret: 60 - 70% of our team this year was composed to Serbs, Bosnians and Croats, just like most years, so maybe that's the key to our success.

Commies used sports for propaganda, so ex commies countries have strong sports teams, anyway that's just me wondering, you know your country

Foreign means born outside the U.S. you daft pig

Lithuania is also good. I wonder why

Look at their team players last names ? Dragic, Docic... Notice something familiar ? Oh they're Serbs...

you sound so ignorant i wonder if this all is just a bait

He's not exactly wrong.

Sports was a big part of the Cold War
So Commie countries would push their athletes beyond their limits.

It's why the USSR was such a damn rival in the olympics

>Yugoslavia
>USSR

xD

You misunderstand me.
I wasn't saying Yugoslavia was part of USSR, I was just saying they used the same athletic practices as them.

dragic is more slovenian than serb
can we have irving bls

but they didnt, its really funny how you retards think everything past Austria was literally Russia

:^)
American schools teach that all of Eastern Europe was the same during Cold War.

I honestly thought it was all apart of the USSR until 2 years ago.

If you mean the surname, then certainly not, and as for his self-identification, it seems that he spells his surname Dragić with a Ć instead of a Č (the former does not exist in the Slovenian alphabet), which would indicate that he feels himself to be a Serb, even though he was born in Slovenia.

>American education

More slovenian ? Him and his brother are oire Serbs , same as his father and his mother. They're Orthodox too... How is he more slovenian ?

>we
That country is dead. I'm not Yugoslavian. I'm Croatian. Serb isn't Yugoslavian, he's a Serb. The only people crying after the fallen country are the commies that used to live there, under the impression that shit used to be better under totalitarian rule, where you could be jailed for saying the wrong thing, had to wait in rows to buy even the most common of products, such as idk flour, could drive a car only on "even-odd" days... it was a mess. I hate commies.

his dad is serb, mother is slovenian and he was born in slovenia. guess it's up to him tho

To be completely fair there is no reason for us to learn specifics about the Eastern European nations. Despite the massive amount of time that we spend learning about the Cold War.

Stuff like; McCarthyism, Vietnam, Korea, Germany, Red Scare, nukes, even Grenada, are far more important to America.

Then again it's not. He was born in Slovenia. A Slovenian. Amazing how the world works, right?

It's funny because you don't know shit about the history of the Americas and are buthurt, because we belive that your fucking commie dictatorship was the same

>Plot twist: it mostly was

There are villages along the Kolpa whose inhabitants have lived on Slovenian soil for 500 years yet they still consider themselves to be Montenegrin and retain their Orthodox religion and Serbian language.

I hate the fact I wasn't allowed to be dumb and had to learn your fucking states you nigger. I can name at least 20 from the top of my head.

Why mean ?

No thats Docic...

They're still Slovenian, no matter what they consider themselves. It's just how the borders work. I can "feel" German or whatever the fuck you can name, it's all about them borders mane. At least on paper. Up to a person what he thinks he is.

Sorry, I'm just pissed that we're forced to learn so many things in school and retain very little, thanks to the school system in EX-YU countries that is reminiscent of the commie-soldier-like learning system. I'd still pick 'Murica over Russia any day.

Are you retarded?

Following your logic, Milorad Pupovac is a Croat and Josip Jelačić a Serb.

Nope it was not and especially not in Yugoslavia.
Educate yourself or shut the fuck up monkey

Are you retarded? Do you know how the borders work? POLITICALLY, they are where they've been born. It's their thing what they consider themselves. Don't be dumb, it's fucking obvious from my post what message I've tried to convey. btw. "Početkom 19. stoljeća, Petrovaradin je po udjelu Hrvata bio hrvatskiji grad od primjerice Zagreba. U Petrovaradinu je živilo 98% Hrvata, za razliku od zagrebačkih 92%"

>what are national minorities and minority rights and parties
>falling for the Western nationality = citizenship meme
Ubij sebe.