What is it like to go to school in america?

what is it like to go to school in america?

like russian soldiers in finnish winter war

Do the movies reflect reality?
Do you guys really have "jocks", "cheeleaders", "nerds" and "popular girls"?

Getting shot at in freezing temperatures?

getting shot in a fridge, yes

>Somewhat
>Yes

Anything else?

Do most people really go to school by bus?

Hell but worse

Do you go to proms in rented limo with a driver ?
Do jocks put nerds in lockers ?
Di you drink in the famous redcups ?

What's so bad about it?
Btw do you guys really salute the american flag every morning?

Yes. Normal public transport is literally only for crazy people in most of America. Parents also drive their kids to school before work a lot.

1) Happens a lot, but not everyone does.

2) Hollywood meme

3) Yeah, but it's mostly a high-school/college/young person party thing.

Why don't kids walk to school?

Too far most of the time. Most people don't live within "walking range" (for us it was one mile). If you live 7 miles from school it becomes a serious effort to walk. By the time kids are 16-17 they just drive or carpool.

Can you just sit out the prom at home playing vidya without ending up as an social outcast?
Do you guys really aim to lose your virginity before the end of highschool?

>Americans literally live stuff I only see on TV
>Meanwhile people visiting Paris get Paris syndrome
DDD:

it's a pledge

1) If your class is big enough and you were already a reclusive weirdo, no one's going to notice your absence anyway. Literally only a bully would care enough about that.

2) There is no specific deadline desu, but there is this vague cultural understanding that it should normally happen between 15 and 19. But again, it's not a standard and the only people who'll take it seriously are high schoolers trying to prove something to each other.

Most people get laid in high school anyway so yeah.

so you actually do it? Doesn't it get boring?
When do you stop doing it?

>Do you do it
Haven't seen or heard of anyone doing it since the 50s.
>Doesn't it get boring
Only a man born in the 30s would have experienced this
>When do you stop
We never really start in the first place.

wow, it really does seem like your life resembles the movies. The life in those movies looks so weird to me.

You do it k-12, usually everyday. After the pledge you get to sing a patriotic song chosen by a student from a list (or at least at my elementary school). There's one song that had the word "gay" in it that we would always chose so we could say "gay".

Nothing special.

Honestly, the closest any movie ever got to my high school experience was Napoleon Dynamite. Not saying I was like the character, but I'm talking about the school itself with it's drab colors, the dumpy little town, and all the super average people with nothing going for them. I can't think of another movie/show that got the small town high school experience that right.

Yes, however when you turn 15/16 you can take your own car.
Yes
Not so much anymore
Yes

>Do you guys really have "jocks", "cheeleaders", "nerds" and "popular girls"?

Social groups are not THAT clearly defined, teen media does that just for storytelling ease and comic simplicity.

There are detectable cliques, but they tend to blend too much for anyone to notice a clear and stark social divide.

Do you guys have bullying awareness weeks or anti-racism weeks?

>amerifats keep their bullets in the fridge

Only the weirdos and a couple of corny people went to my prom. I went to private school btw. Not necessarily, but most people do. I didn't

Again, private school, mine didn't really but I do know public schools tend towards this. In the Midwest from what I've seen these classes mostly exist

Out here in the Northeast in our public schools (non-nigger), these don't really exist that much. It's a broader categorization of kids that have their shit together and ones that don't

no.
They do try to brainwash you into sobriety though and also anti gang shit

I've been out of highschool for a few years, so I wouldn't be surprised, however sometimes we went into the auditorium and had some faggot tell us not to bully/cyberbully. Then he passed out some rings that we all threw away after.

Don't know about him, but it became mostly optional in high school because as you said, it gets rather repetetive.
>what's so bad about it
Aside from our education system being sub-par (it's not as terrible as some make it out to be but it could definitely use improvement) the social scene is extremely superficial, some teachers don't really care about their jobs, and it's boring as fuck. Most kids view it as a really uncomfortable period of time they have to get through while simultaneously buying into the bullshit about how it's "the best time of your lives". While there are certain perks to being young and without responsibilities, if the best years of your life were truly at that point in time then there's not much to look forward to the majority of your life in adulthood. College was infinitely better than my primary education.

No, but we had "red ribbon" week.

had a march for "bullying awareness" once. We just walked around the block and through the park near my school. It was stupid and pointless

anti gang shit, really? Damn, the whole idea seems so unreal.

Do you feel left out because you went to a private school? Do private school students hang out with public school students?

I went to a private catholic school. I feel a bit left out of public school memes, but it isn't any different throughout different schools.

Keep in mind I went to a couple really ghetto schools. Some 6th grader got expelled for bringing a loaded gun to school and another for meth dealing. 6th grade.

Yes.

>Everyone in this thread speaking in generalities about America

FFS, you're talking about a landmass that's 3.9M sq miles with a range of regional cultures and laws. I don't think that someone who went to school in rural Georgia can tell you much about everyone else, nor can someone from suburban Idaho speak reliably about the experiences of those who went to high school a few thousand miles away in NYC or vice versa.

How's school in Finland?

the worst 6th grader in my school drank his dad's vodka from a shampoo bottle during the schoolday.

I never did, not out of "edge" or anything but because thats just dumb. And not even amerifat

>not keeping them buried in coffee cans spread all around the county

>shampoo bottle
Kek what type? Did it taste good?

All american babies would cry if they had to be 1 month in Spanish school
fucking lazy-ass laxed school system, even argentinian school system makes you work harder

This. I went to school in a mid size town in New England, and nothing interesting happened as this was a community of above average incomes and mild-mannered personalities. Other than the usual high school dating drama and the senior year pranks, my high school experience was really plain.

But then they won't be fresh?

Yes, every day, all the way through grade school.

How much schooling can a person possibly need to prepare for lifetime of unemployment?

Where are you from?

>going to school for schooling
The state requires you to go, it's basically a huge daycare. At this point now too, it's a brainwashing camp for leftists to generate voters after they "graduate". We should've stayed agrarian.

Greenwich, Connecticut.

He had emptied the shampoo bottle before pouring vodka in it, ofc. I didn't drink it, because it was 6th grade. But he was drunk for the rest of the day.

He's a drunk these days I think, he barely even got conscripted to the military because he organized streetfights and had general bad behavior.
Pretty cool dude otherwise, but wouldn't want to get on his bad side.

We have black history month, and every other month has some less prominent ethnic theme pretty much. Except (fucking) white people.

True, but "they" can't come for them
They have come before
>more then once

youre so ignorant. There is no leftist brainwashing. I remember my history teachers justifying stuff like japanese internment camps, vietnam, US colonialism, saying civil war was over state rights and not at all about slavery, etc. Nothing I care about but definitely not the boogieman leftist rhetoric you pol tards imagine

Baba Booey

maybe in the blue states

A lot of videos about it on youtube. Pretty chill but it's a very long thing to write out and hard to generalize in a few words. I'll answer questions though.

I wish I was americ*n...

Again, the high school experience is regional. While I don't believe there exists some massive leftist brainwashing ((( conspiracy ))), you can always detect the political leaning of a community and it's teachers, and it unfortunately seeps into the school curricula every now and then.

>get shoot

Kek

Yes, but the categories are a lot less defined and the dynamic isn't like it's portrayed in the movies, being a jock isn't any guarantee of being better liked than a nerd.

And literally nobody likes popular girls.

kek, hard to imagine having a whole month for the one or two niglets in our school.

t. walking on sunshine gentleman

Yeah thats true, teachers are human after all and will undoubtedly input their own opinions and shit into the curriculum

This. I know of "Le epik cool hacker kid with every Linux distro on his computer and a flawless GPA" types who were very socially fluent, and i also know of excellent athletes who were otherwise forgettable social creatures.

>didn't drink because 6th grade
Lmao pleb, I thought northern europeans were alcoholics.
>not drinking heavily since elementary school

Sorry, I shouldn't have generalized so much, what I meant was that being a "popular girl" was just an indication of physical attractiveness. There were a few that were genuinely nice and well liked, but also a few that everyone thought were just stuck up bitches.

most people here start drinking on the 8th or 9th grade, 6th grade is a bit too young for most, especially for vodka. Most jonnes start their drinking with beer.

Dude shut the fuck up. The one thing we can all speak about in confident generality is that many of the most popular girls in school were almost always attractive and from well off families, more often than not. They always had a few less-than-appealing gremlins around them, but I wouldn't say "nobody likes popular girls".

Again, I'm not talking about those trashy well known Danielle-Bregoli type girls that you'd find shouting at each other infront of the school at 7AM, I'm talking about the social butterflies.

6 hours a day of actual working classes
also between 2 to 4 hours a day of homework, and usually extra homework for weekends
and your post is not that wrong wich is what pisses me off the most

>be highly educated
>be unemployed monkey on social benefits
Kek

Now that I think about it I remember watching a video about it, you guys have like close to no homework, right? What do you guys do with that much free time?
Sounds like everybody could get part-time jobs and still have free time in your hands every day

>>be unemployed monkey on social benefits

I can't even make fun of Ramon here since half of American Sup Forums is composed of high school graduate NEETS living on disability income.

Imagine going to a majority black high school. People complain about racists, but they don't even know.

Wanting to fuck them is not the same as liking them.

Holy shit dude. How much of a fucking reject in high school were you?

I imagine you being that 7 feet wide goth kid that wore a barely fitting duster coat and spiked bracelets to school, and always sat in the corner of the cafeteria by himself to eat his lunch... after everyone else had left vacated the lunchroom because of your unbearable stench.

No need to this sour

We do have some homework but it's done fairly quickly or you can just bullshit your way out of it. In 7th+ grade I used to do my homework before class during brakes because fuck doing homework at home. And so did most of my friends, those who did their homework at home did usual break stuff but most of our class always had books open and were doing homework before classes.

>What do you guys do with that much free time?
Well whatever really, it's free time. Meet friends, play vidya, browse Ylilauta, drink ES, build snowcastles.
Outside summer jobs most people don't start doing part-time jobs until university, we have social student benefits/welfare (or whatever you call it) for those who need it.

I can only imagine the smell.

My school was a fairly small low-income private Catholic school that was mostly hispanic and black I'm from a well-educated middle class Protestant background so I felt left out in not being around other white people of comparable background o myself. Especially girls, as I'm not attracted to non-white women.

My girlfriend did actually attend a prep school and they hung out with plenty of public school kids. Keep in mind that good public schools are probably better and have more resources than good or decent private schools, including very expensive prep schools. I'm sure you have some notion of our economic segregation tendencies that occur with our public school districts?

>My school was mostly hispanic and black

>be highly educated
>know more about maths, science and world history at age 16 than many american college students
>forced to work min. wage in a restaurant doing unpaid extra hours every week to keep your job

That sounds like the dream man, College I attend to is pretty much the opposite, I can't keep up with a part-time job because of how many long assignments I get every week.

Is there anything you hated about your school?

I agree with the other dude

The actual girls that people actually liked were not the same as the hot cheerleaders

I guess it depends on what school you went to but non the less its some what similar to what you see in movies to a certain extent

My parents almost put me in pruvate school, until warned by a teacher there. That's where kids that got expelled (who's parents could afford it) from the public schools went.

I was fit and had friends. It's just that popular people weren't necessarily good people. Most of them were, but there were a few that got by on looks and family connections but that everybody hated. I shouldn't have said "literally nobody likes popular girls" that's obviously not true, I was thinking of a few in specific when I said that. I regret the unnecessary hyperbole, it's completely unfair to the people who were perfectly nice.

>I'm sure you have some notion of our economic segregation tendencies
Well some, but not alot, because it's hard to fathom having something like that. Over here any 16yo is treated like any other 16yo student no matter where the fuck they studied. And if you try to make a big deal out of your school well then fuck you and fuck your school.

I've heard it's a bit different over in Helsinki though, there are some fenno-swedish elite schools where people actually think they're hot shit for going there. But they're often ethnic swedes and talk swedish so fuck them, they aren't considered finnish anyway.

my school was similar when it came to the "mostly hispanic and black" but completely different every where else

I grew up in a poor majority black, former industrial city with a terrible public school system so it wasn't really an option.

You aren't talking about Hun or the Pennington School are you?

I moved across state in my freshmen year so i ended up hanging out with what i call the bitter loser group. Full of kids that thought they were better and smarter than everyone else. I realized that they were full of shit in my junior year and stopped hanging out with them.

>Is there anything you hated about your school?
No, not really. Same thing as with work, hate having to wake up in the morning and the social interaction with people etc. School itself is fine, there are some bad teachers though but you can't avoid that.

The only thing that I disliked is down to personal preference, and that is that I don't like how we have a lot of freedom to choose our course planning during and after highschool. I like having a preplanned timetable to stick to, I don't like having the freedom to choose my own. Like they have in the army.

In high school everyone was friends, except this one creepy Finnish kid. He transferred into the middle of the year, which was strange. Anyways, we used to dunk his head in the toilet, take his lunch money, and throw him in the dumpster after school.
One day all the girls ganged up on him and tied him and wrote mean things on his skin. They took photos with his cellphone, and sent it to everyone on his contacts list.
Looking back it was pretty mean, but whatever. Kids will be kids.

Is that not what American school is. I graduated 2015 and I’m pretty sure I went to school for 6 hours and had about 2-4 hours of homework for the for just the FIRST SET OF CLASSES. Maybe if your schooling was actually better you’d know what you were talking about before you actually talked about it.

Yes, except for the jock and cheerleaders generally arent cunts.

Why do you hate finish people so much?

Your always making these creepy and weird posts and threads about them

>One day all the girls ganged up on him and tied him and wrote mean things on his skin
The girls must've had finnish blood in them too.