So this kino was totally about eel vampires right?

So this kino was totally about eel vampires right?

>essentially-immortal villain fixated on muh bloodline
>inhabits a castle in europe with suspiciously young-looking followers/servants (for the most part)
>they live forever by harnessing people's life essence, via eels and machines
>peasants burned their shit at the stake long ago
>villain on fire as he dies from a fatal blow -- although desu I thought she was gonna do it straight through the heart like a stake but I guess that didn't happen

just trying to clarify since the film was kind of all over the place. But I think in a nutshell, it's as if eel vampires find a way to convince rich fucks to come to them instead of kidnapping villagers via infected eel water, so they can succ the life essence out of them into dripping vials and breed exclusively by incest. The "cure to wellness" shit was just a ruse to bait people but the protag learns a lesson in not being a cuck and thinking for himself instead of his jewish masters

thoughts?

overall it was good shit, although I think that may have been the reason why it got mixed reviews. The bizarre plot can very easily go over people's head if they don't think about it, but the truth can't be unseen

also that cop was definitely a nazi based on the helmets on his office right? could hitler have been an eel vampire too according to the movie?

Just got back from seeing this film. Very good in my opinion.

I still never quite understood how the eels helped produce the blue vials...

Nah dude, the policeman wasnt a nazi. Those were Second Reich era helmets on his wall.

>the policeman wasnt a nazi. Those were Second Reich era helmets on his wall.

ah ok, just making sure.

But those helmets definitely do prove he's been alive for a very long time and is part of them. The question then arises if other villages are also part of them, like that driver guy too.

do you think so?

You're close
The baron is obsessed with his pure bloodline so he marries his sister. He is also experimenting with the water for immortality (important later) the villagers kill him and his wife for doing the experiments on the people and cut out the fetus of his sister and throw it in the aquifer, the water has immortal properties hence why the baron and daughter are still around. The down side is it has to be filtered through people somehow to make the vitamins hence the eel stuff and why the people shrivel up. The baron does this so he can marry and bed his daughter once she hits puberty
Also no the officer isnt a nazi, if anything hes a collector of ww1 era stuff

Thats one of my gripes about the film. By the end of it, you become so fascinated by the mystery unraveling before you that you just want more closure and explanation before it ends, which it had to at some point.

I really love how in this film, along with Crimson Peak from last year, portrays old European nobility in such a brilliant way.

I think thats really something that needs to be explored more in media - the contrast between new money and old money. You know any other good films/books that play with this?

This movie sucked.

Yfw the way they filter the water is to

Put the eels down your throat (Like they do the the MC)
Insert water
Put a catheter in you
Eels help purify the water
Filter the bloody water out of your cock

alright thinking back, I recall that the protagonist touched one of the machines with his hand and felt it to be really hot.

People are shriveled up since the machines force people to sweat, i.e. making them super dry. Probably why the heads weren't as tight as the bodies and why they're still recognizable.

Plot makes more sense now that you've clarified it, but yeah, it's a lot to take in and is extremely fun to think about it, maybe a bit too much like what said

How so?

Personally I thought it was very interesting, "out there" and pretty refreshing

Visually the movie looks nice but the storyline is very confusing. And I just thought of better movies that I would rather be watching. Shutter Island for instance it tries to be that but also it had the feeling of Phantom of the Opera.

Youre making some good points about the whole process of making the vials, makes sense to me.

All in all the film is flawed only because theres so much going on. But every element in this tapestry is held to a very high standard. I'll give it an 8/10

Only problem I had was that if they wanted Dane to stay how did they get the deer to crash the car and how did Dane not feel his leg was broken because you feel it for a while when you have a broken limb

Also I wanted to watch Robocop because that kid had a toy.

>the storyline is very confusing

I don't blame you at all, and that's probably why the film is scoring so low and is panned by most people

I just think that if someone were to "get it" though, it can be very satisfying and I will stand by that

yeah an 8/10 is fair, that's about what I would give it too

>how did they get the deer to crash the car

I just assumed they released one nearby and naturally it starts running, it was a pretty foresty area so it wasn't too far-fetched

>how did Dane not feel his leg was broken because you feel it for a while when you have a broken limb

it's a cop out, but like what the villain says "the mind can greatly tolerate pain if focused enough"

If the eels fuck people psychologically, then I think it can distract them enough to ignore parts like that and get tricked to go with it. Since he was young though, he probably resisted much better than the old rich fucks they normally treat

is this movie boring or wat

Well he also took the "vitamins" while he was at the bar

I feel like this should have been a horror video game.

it's kind of slow at first

It's not a past-paced horror that's for sure. Slow and steady, but it wins the race if you're driving the right car and keep an open mind

>he also took the "vitamins" while he was at the bar

True!

That may have been the catalyst that granted him enough resistance against the eel's full effects.

Didn't he also steal a bottle for himself? Could have been how he sustains resistance

It could also do with how he from the start didn't believe what they were saying about the cure.
What else I dont get is the sensory tank and what the eels were supposed to do

The doctor guy said normally the eels live long lifespans, but because of what they're doing they can live even longer. And so when harvest properly, the eels are what grant them immortality basically

As far as the machine goes, I suspect the live eels go inside the body which mix with it and produce the fluid that they drink

Not necessarily full grown eels either, maybe even the baby ones not visible in water help

No I mean the whole sensory tank scene didnt make sense even with the eels

the one with the nurse and dude jacking off?

That one I'm not too sure either, but was probably just to fuck with him and creep the audience. Either that, or when he passed out they did shit to him.