What is the nearest port (ocean, sea, lake or river) in your area, Sup Forums? Ours is the Port of Portland, Oregon...

What is the nearest port (ocean, sea, lake or river) in your area, Sup Forums? Ours is the Port of Portland, Oregon. It's not that big (it lost cargo container service in 2014), but it will probably expand in the future, since it's only 160km on a major river from the Pacific Ocean.

Other urls found in this thread:

portovilagarcia.es/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I live in Helsinki. There's a several

Tell me about Russians in Oregon. Have you met any Russian in Oregon? What are they do there?

I live in Vladivostok City - a major Russian port and naval base on the Pacific.

Maybe Vuosaari is the closest

I've never seen anything larger than a medium sized river so no ports...

Port of Baltimore, 11th busiest in the country.

wtf is a port ROFLMAO

Yes, lots of Russians in Oregon. Actually, there's a big "Old Believer" community. They came to Oregon decades ago and brought more family after the end of the USSR. They have a Russian-language radio station that plays religious music.

The secular Russians usually marry local people and it's difficult to tell them apart from anyone else after a while. They have a lot of different jobs. The Old Believers do a lot of farming. Others seem to like the construction trades, or mechanical work.

Why do they look like gypsies?

Thanks. Do they live in specific part of Oregon (North, South, East etc) or everywhere?
A girl from my class (high school) live in Portland so just curious is that something special about Oregon or just a coincidence.

because they are r*ssians

They look more like gypsi*s than r*ssians

>Nearest port
Villagarcia de Arousa's port
>Nearest beach
technically we have a river beach like 10 minutes from my town in Galicia

Gypsies are forgotten Russian tribe.

Usually in the Portland area, or around the state capital (Salem). Oregon used to be a lot more affordable than California or New York or other destinations, so sometimes immigrants came here to do more with their money.

>Bodymore, Murderland
>Full of blacks
No thanks

¿Tiene unas fotos, amigo?

its the atlantic side of spain so its more similar to ireland than to the med coast

portovilagarcia.es/

Nearest to me is probably Felixstowe, biggest port in the UK, 6th biggest in Europe, 35th biggest in the world.

Also the RAPID growth of Chinese ports over the last decade or so (which now dominate the rankings of largest ports in the world) is highly worrying.

The West needs to be fighting back NOW. We're not doing nearly enough.

Still, C O M F Y. Gracias.

Port of Buenos Aires

Y'all had some of the coolest trucks coming out of there when I visited in May.

The Port of Lyttleton, which as its name suggests is just a little town . Wellington and Auckland are the biggest in the country though.

Decades ago the inter island ferry used to go from Lyttleton to Wellington.

Nearest legit port for me would be Oakland.

Oakland is full of niggers isn't it?

Looks pretty small desu

My city has a port on the Mittelland canal, but it's small.
Everything from there goes north to Hamburg, the major German port.
But Rotterdam and Antwerpen are also major ports for the German industry and for large parts of the country the closest.

Not a port but the baltic ocean is right in front of my house. And I live on an island so kinda surrounded by sea.

>tfw not living on an island surronded by the baltic sea

Gotland?

Nearest port is about 10 minutes away from where I live. Norrköping Port.
It's the third largest port in Sweden.
>5,5 km of docking surface
>between 1200-2000 ships load & unload here every year
>7 133 000 tons of goods comes through every year

Used to work there.

Come to Saaremaa :^)

Could I?

Then come here mr Suomi.
Gotland is big enough. Just bring some lihapirakka.
>we also have tons of medieval houses and a medieval castle wall protecting our city

Nearest port is the one in the pictures, Port of Rauma. It's kinda small but I guess it's the third biggest port when it comes to handling cargo

It's just like London.

Historically a port but after being massacred by Bongs and Siam all that is left is a fishing village.
Soon China will turn it into an integrated fishing terminal housing an armada of deep sea fishing boats to rape the Indian ocean.

Of course!

I have a new goal in my life, thank you mr Sverige

Then it'll just get massacred by poos

are there many muslims in gotland?

Almost zero. 99.9% of the population is native Gutar (people with blood relatives here for generations).
It's one of the most peaceful areas of Sweden.
We also speak Gutniska so the normal Swede's barely understand us :)

Nice. Hope it stays that way.

It will, the entire island is under UNESCO's World Heritage Site protection. It has some of the most well preserved medieval structures in Europe.
Also viking age archeological finds and modern military presence.
Immigration is very limited and the building of new homes very regulated. There is simply not enough ground to bring in any Muhammads so don't worry.

The chinese will be fishing using quota for nations bordering the indian ocean so legally India can't do anything. Whether Pakistan, Burma,Bangladesh lacks the deep water ships and sold the rights to China for benefits or bribed by them is none of our business.
See no evil hear no evil.
In addition to MH370 search revealing all the tuna breeding grounds I think the Shanghai folks will be happy with their sushi.

>legally
You're in Southeast Asia. International law doesn't exist there.

i live on an island

Not him but Gotland is pretty much famous for being "locked up" and "racist" for not accepting hordes of refugees.
I go there on vacation every year, it's so peaceful.
You literally don't need to lock the door or anything. I ride around on bicycle there on my vacations and never lock my bike.
You feel safe. Rare feeling in todays world.

Gotland is like Åland. Does Gotland get a lot of gibs from the government?

Trieste's port I suppose

Åland is nice.
And no, Gotland is pretty much self running. Mostly farming and tourists which are the two main incomes for the island.
But also wine making, sheep breeding, several internet services and such.
We are almost completely free from government gibs.

Fishing quota does, legally china is fishing for Bangladesh, Myanmar and Pakistan so they can't just claim illegal fishing and blow up the ship with missiles and the idea of India going to war over tuna by attacking peninsula Malaysia thus invoking five powers defence arrangement is silly.

Wars have been started over less

But what can westerners ship? China ships vast amounts of manufactured goods across the world, and imports massive quantities of raw materials to make those goods. The west has a more "mature" shipping economy.

But it's incredible how SEVERAL of the very biggest ports in the world are located in the same region - the Pearl River Delta around Hong Kong/Shenzhen/Guangzhou. A significant fraction of the WORLD'S shipping stops at PRD ports.

I used to live near a small-town river port that exported grain. Grain came by rail from regional farms, and then it was transferred to barges. The volume of shipping was determined by the grain harvest, and that was it. Not much need for growth. I guess China is more ambitious.

That's the problem with China.There's not enough domestic markets so they have to export.
It's not good in the long run if they want to be "superpower" Like in the EU 80% of trade is domestic.

War is an extension of politics, this is not ISIS we are dealing with but an actual country where politicians still have to satisfy the people to a certain degree in order to gain legitimacy for war.
Besides a fight in the Malacca strait will disrupt global shipping and get the attention of the 7th fleet really soon.

the azura coast or "french rivera" as you call it is the closest

>nearest port (ocean, sea, lake or river)
Hmmm

azure*

>us instingating war again

I'm not instigating war, I'm just pointing out that a Chinese presence in the Indian Ocean is going to ruffle the fuck out of some feathers.

Aside from India, all those countries are inviting China to develop ports and roads as part of that gigantic continental "belt" project. Pakistan has basically sold its southwestern coast to China. Laos let China take almost total control of a whole corridor to build a road from Kunming to Bangkok. The only dissidents from all of this would be India.

You forgot Vietnam and Singapore which houses american base and station troops in Taiwan as part of the secretive operation starlight.
With the cancellation of chinese project this year Myanmar's junta is proving to be somewhat resistant but they will fold sooner or later.

Singapore is majority-Han, so I naturally expect them to EVENTUALLY side with the mainland, despite the current tensions. The same with Taiwan, basically, but over a longer period of time.

Vietnam is difficult to predict. What's interesting is that north Vietnamese are not as friendly to China as those in the south. This might create regional tensions in the future. China is also very clever, and uses ethnic divisions in its strategy - for example, the "Hmong" are a "recognized minority" in China (one of the famous 52 groups), and China uses propaganda to make itself popular with Hmong in other nations, including Vietnam.

> expect them to EVENTUALLY side with the mainland, despite the current tensions. The same with Taiwan, basically, but over a longer period of time.
This is demonstrably wrong. Taiwanese attitudes continue to move away from mainland China, not towards it. Record proportions of Taiwanese don't even describe themselves as Chinese.

You have to think longer-term, and in the context of a declining US. Of course Taiwan is mad right now; they are treated like a naughty sibling, they see China's current crackdown on internet and other media, and they wince. But trends are on the scale of years and decades. Is Taiwan closer to the mainland in 2017 than 1977? Those are the important questions.

Taiwanese hate mainland China more than. I can't find any other to compare.
t. i have taiwanese gf

No, Taiwan is not closer to the mainland than in 1977. It's further away in almost every regard. Don't talk about subjects you clearly know fucking nothing about. The trendline has been observed over decades and the Taiwanese identify with mainland China less and less with each successive generation.

The closest harbourg is Saint Nazaire, it's an ugly city like all harbourg cities. This city of 70k inhabitants is especially known for its cruiser liners construction. Queen Mary II was made here.

that ship looks like CGI

With their Terrex that they were marketing to US marines being seized at Hong Kong Singapore will probably be bitter at Beijing for a while and their economy is based around service and fuel transaction so Beijing can't just chuck a few billion at them.
From the Viet anons the people seems to dislike china but the govt is less hardline and with Vo Nguyen Giap gone they will probably normalize relations in a few decades when they realise a few kilo subs and SCUDs is not gonna matter much to China.
>had to buy up to 18 chinese ships to replace ageing navy ships as tribute to the dragon
>66million dollars for a gunboat
Just fuck my shit up senpai.

Wtf I want to be a gotlander now

Kalundborg Havn.
Not that big but it serves a refinery and powerplant. And some minor stuff.

We have a fairly large one in my city (Gothenburg).

>Massachusettstugal

not in use anymore though

Yeah, most of the harbours around here are just being converted into apartments.
Sad though, since it can be a good backbone for a town to keep it alive with jobs.

they build a lot of new apartments like these so the high income copenhagers will settle down

What kind of elite humans would have to be left in Sydhavnen after this?
Housing in this country is getting fucked up.

lol who cares about industries?

it's more important that rich hipsters can feel "genuine" by living in old industrial buildings.

Wtf? How will you import extruded plastic gizmos from China?

Kobenhavn's Nordhavn; Århus havn; Esbjerg havn.

Fuck this gay earth.