Cost of living in Russia

I've recently travelled around the European side of Russia and noticed how prices and wages can differ hugely depending on the city.

What would the average monthly cost of an apartment be in a more standard town? (not Moscow/ Peters) Also what is the average monthly wage of a middle class guy? (after tax and including any perks or under the 'table dealings')

Any Russian bros here who could answer this, I don't really trust all those expat websites.

(pic related, from my time in Kirov)

20-25k roubles for average flat, if you don't want to live in stinky shitplace you'll never pay less than that.

I see but in comparison to wages is that a lot? a 1/3? 1/2? of a monthly salary.

For average russian it's more like 2/3 of salary. That's why they mostly live in shitty old commieblocks and not the new ones.

how much for russian bf?

For a one night? Depends on quality, I'd say from 1500 to infinity roubles.

And what would be the average income for a household size of 4?
Considering that the kids are about to enter college or start working

The average man (considering he already has kids) should have an income of 40k roubles, the woman is either a housewife or works less paid job such as cashier for 20-25k roubles. But those families don't usually rent flats, they buy them, so their monthly expenses on it is much lower, around 10k.

Why do Russians love suffering so much?

We don't.

what? russia lovely country

come visit friend ))))

Lived in Russia for a few months. The good life is having a job with a company from your homeland. Makes you filthy rich by russian standard. Not enough that you can start living like a fucking billionaire, but enough to get good clothes and live the life.

Also, make sure you at least speak decent russian. It's surprising how many people I hear talking about how cold and unwelcoming the russians are when they don't even speak a lick of russian. Of course they aren't going to be super warm to you shithead, you can't even be bothered to speak their language in their country.

>be me
>hanging out at a restaurant in large russian town with french friends
>russian guy overhears us
>rarely any foreigner around
>takes the opportunity to practice english
>he's cool
>shows us around town, where to get a quick shawarma if in a hurry and whatnot
>offers to show us his neighbourhood
>Sure
>head there
>getting late
>offers us to come to his place
>he insists and we agree to stay for tea
>His mother actually makes us a traditional russian dinner, the whole show
>They aren't rich either, they live in a pretty old flat
>just let us eat like king after we showed up unannounced with her son

Russians are cool

What other purpose could there have been for communism? Does being drunk all day convince you that suffering is happiness?

Does being fat and dumb all day convince you that suffering is happiness? Ask more loaded questions, and expect me to reply seriously, go ahead.

I think you mean cult of suffer in russian literature. Suffer recive like most strong and because of it "real" phase of consciuoness
Like Dostoevsky said "Suffer is the only reason of consciousness". Only because of suffer man can comprehend outward things (wittingly displeasing) and clean himself, atone his sins.
Essentially its sadism but talanted one. When taken a hero provocative empathy, decent in fact, and jam through all circles of hell. Good thing that sinner actually can adore his sins and stayin alive in process, cause he can easily die from hand of "creator" (Anna Carenina, Andrei Bolkonsky, Bazarov, poor Mu-Mu at long last). Besides, suffer is central theme of all religions of redemption the first of which was Christianity, and russian philosphy offcourse, what we actually doing without it
(sorry for my bad London language, im only studying it)

>I see but in comparison to wages is that a lot? a 1/3? 1/2? of a monthly salary.

More than 100%, that's why so many people live with parents and can't afford renting an apartment.

On minimum wage how is life?

>life

Minimum wage isn't even enough for death.

have you ever talked to any older people who lived in the soviet union? if so what have they said

>minimum wage

It's about $100/month (if not less), as far as I know, although some people work for even lower wages. It always amazes me that in Russia doctors make 100-200 times less money than in America for the same job.

Is that why we have Russian doctors and nurses here?

>more than 100%
Sick bullshit right here, you can work in a fucking fastfood chain and get 25k+, and rent a shitty flat (or room) for 10-15k a month on the outskirts of Saint-Petersburg, and in our city the renting price is considered high.

The medical system collapsed together with the Soviet Union and never recovered

It's underfinanced and corrupt. Private medicine is your best bet as foreigner, but there are many charlatans and they're pricey

The material quality of life is quite low for most of the population. Russia has its charms, but is ruled by a mafia that has zero incentive to advance the country, since they live on stolen petroroubles

t. Lived in Moscow for 4 years

Yes.

>Saint-Petersburg

Petersburg and Moscow aren't whole Russia.
39k rub/month average wage claimed by Rosstat is a total bullshit too, this data is irrelevant in the context of our income inequality.

>The medical system collapsed together with the Soviet Union and never recovered

The same goes for the education, law enforcement and other public services.

the main problem of EE is that theres no middle class

you either live a comfy life because you cheated enough with taxes, was lucky, has a unique skill or you struggle till the rest of your life

that is the most problematic issue with EE, theres no financially stable citizens in large quantity, its the worst rat race ever

Ironically, the wealth distribution in Germany is far more unequal than in EE

Since in EE, (almost) everyone owns a place to live, while we're rentcucks

this
Russians always want you to have tea/dinenr in their houses