So how is this not an X-Men show again?

So how is this not an X-Men show again?
Isnt David Xavier's son?

Not connected, unless it's insanely popular and the executives decide it is I imagine.

He is Charles' son in comics canonically.
Maybe they'll do the same here, but it's not the focus. At all. As far as we know.

Until they drop references about the x-men movies or even marvel movies. We won't know which universe it's connected to

Isnt this a Marvel show? As in Disney Marvel?
I like the show but im so fucking confused

FX is a subsidiary of Fox, so it would be tied to Xmen/Deadpool/FF universe if anything

It's a Fox marvel show on FX, but there is not sign that it is part of any larger universe. There is a show on Fox that has been greenlit that will be directly related to xmen though.

Disney doesn't own all of Marvel

I'm pretty fucking sure with the fact that his dad's face being a shadow they're going to do some shit with that whole deal

Fox should really just sell the rights for X-Men back to Marvel. There's no talent left in the franchise, and everything released after Logan will be even worse than Apocalypse

It still makes money, unlike Fantastic Four which they still have the rights too.

I'm more surprise that Namor and Man-thing haven't gone back yet. They haven't made a movie about them in years (but I doubt Marvel/DIsney really care about getting those IPs back)

not for long. Apocalypse only grossed $500 million on a $200 million budget. They should quit while they're ahead, but this is going to be driven into the ground.

I wouldn't hold my breath until I see them give up the rights to Fantastic Four which has had 3 (technically 4 but we don't speak of that) movies over the last decade and a half, all 3 of which critically panned and financial disappointments

>(technically 4 but we don't speak of that)

But it was the best one.

They're making bank on Deadpool for now.
Wolverine's last outing should hopefully do well. Not as great as Deadpool, but still decently enough.

Maybe people will be more interested in the Phoenix saga done right with shitty Fox standards.

X-Force and New Mutants are anyone's guess.

Do you really want Avengers style X-Men movies?

not at all. I'm just thinking about it from Fox's perspective. Sony got out while they still had the chance

Showrunners claim its a separate universe from the X-Men movies.

I don't think that means it's not an X-Men show, it's just easier to explain why Hugh Jackman, Ryan Reynolds and Patrick Stewart cameos aren't happening that way. That is, unless the show does well and they decide they have the budget to drop on it.

>marvel
garbage show

The character is known for creating alternate realities / timelines. So they could easily end up with onenof the X-Men film universes. Though I would be fine if it kept it in its own.

They fucking wasted Apocalypse and rushed Xavier's actual first class with him as a big bad.

They have Deadpool now and a recasted Wolverine will probably make as much as Jackman did in the role. They'll never give the rights back.

Would Stewart even appear in this show?

They used the term "mutant" so it's the x-men movies. Marvel aren't allowed to use the term "mutant" anymore hence they created the Inhumans.

>So how is this not an X-Men show again?

It is. Notice the X in the O in Legion.

>Isnt David Xavier's son?

Yes. I bet that will be revealed at some point.

Not staying around for it though, since David: The Show is a shitty LOLSORANDOM show for edgy ADD teens.

They guy is the opposite of edgy, do you even watch the show? It compares his powers to someone who is a mental nut case. All other characters (barring Plaza's character) are shown as somber and realistic. If you mean the art style, I find that to be cool. It's a neat feature that can be explained as the guy's perception of the world, him having gone crazy, this being an alternate reality, or a mixture of the three.

I hope they eventually tie in xmen staples or at least some cameos. As it is right now, apparently they want it to be its own thing separate from the movies and handwave it as an alternate reality from them. Maybe they'll show him moving to alternate realities and have cameos done that way.

That's not the up-to-date one.

>They guy is the opposite of edgy, do you even watch the show?

I saw the first 2 episodes and now I'm dropping it.

I said the show is for edgy ADD teens, because it is.

It seems like they're trying to LOSTify the superhero genre, and it's just pointless shit. I don't care about anything or anyone on the show.

I think Marvel is pretty garbage but this has me interested for some reason

is it any good so far?

Personally I think it's LOLSORANDOM bullshit mixed with LOST.

Legion = eXistenZ + Donnie Darko + Looper

YMMV.

eh I enjoyed LOST to an extent and love The Leftovers

I'll give the pilot a shot

>Taskmaster - Marvel Studios

not more random and edgy than the Leftovers

then GTFO

>Marvel aren't allowed to use the term "mutant" anymore hence they created the Inhumans
>Inhumans first appearance 1965
You're an idiot.

maybe they're not "not alowed" by Fox, but they won't, so they don't advertise Fox's movies

>Not connected
what?

it will not start the apocalipse age?

I think hes talking about the films and tv shows

From what i've heard, fox needs marvel's authorization to make xmen's tv shows.

Unlikely that he'll time travel to try and kill Magneto and mistakenly kill his dad but who knows.