/lbg/- Letterboxd General

RIP Richard Schickel Edition

The mission of /lbg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of film logging and reviewing by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

Haven't got an account? Follow this link and sign up today! letterboxd.com

QOOT: Do you prefer watching movies in the cinema or at home and why?

Now let's keep it clean and have a good thread!

Our previous thread is here:

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/SwimmingPool/
youtube.com/watch?v=CmALA8miQY8
youtube.com/watch?v=k1-TrAvp_xs
youtube.com/watch?v=2_p5QuhlBUk
youtube.com/watch?v=slI6gvA8f1E
youtube.com/watch?v=t05G0983BcI
imdb.com/name/nm0003665/
youtube.com/watch?v=mez8LZzA-tw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>cinema or at home

cinema because i like the movie talk i get with friends right after watching it

I appreciate the effort put into the OP this time.

The independent cinema nearby has a disappointing set up so when I watch older movies I watch at home. I run an HDMI cable to my television or watch TCM when I catch a movie in time. For not having lots of money it's a good set up.

True, good point.

Holy shit, what a complete fucking faggot OP.
And full of shilling too.
And with the gayness of 'our' previous thread. Kill yourself, retard.

I went to see The Great Wall yesterday. First movie I'd seen in a theatre in seven years. Pretty entertaining, I thought. Sort of reminded me of the BPRD War on Frogs comics. I hope to see more movies theatrically in the near future, I've missed the theatrical experience.

but wouldnt you rather have all that movie talk, in the comfort of one your friend's homes?

definitely at home w/ friends more than the cinema for me

Well, the boards are gone. Will you still use imdb for information and reviews?

For information, obviously. Reviews? Frequently garbage, but there's value if it's just a bunch of them on a little seen film, strange autisms are there.
But most clicks on the site were because of the fucking boards. Here's hoping my experience was the same as many others and this dumb shit site takes a huge hit on numbers.

What's gonna be the next movie you see? Logan has been getting some wonderful reviews, normies and contrarians alike.

The production design for Ghost in the Shell looks interesting and unique, so I'd like to see that if possible. My brother's not interested but he said he would see Dunkirk with me. I think he's trolling because he know I think Nolan is garbage.

letterboxd.com/SwimmingPool/

>Do you prefer watching movies in the cinema or at home and why?
I prefer my house because I'm alone basically, when I go to the theatre I go with friends that just watch blockbusters so it feels more like a social instance

pleb

Yeah, I'm pretty upset and thinking of using tmdb more now. Really a shortsighted, horrendous decision considering there was nothing like them elsewhere and they didn't even keep an archive. I suppose that's what happens when you have private businesses as caretaker of things, they make decisions based on whether things are profitable and ax them if not. At least tmdb is non-profit.

my friends and I don't often watch movies at home, usually at the local theatre

>judge me bakas

>First movie I'd seen in a theatre in seven years

thats a long gap, what happened?

I'd watch films with you friend

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

NOOOOOOOOOOtka

MHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

HMHMPH

t. fag

I wish. Then I would be able to date someone who actually understands something other than a Snapchat filter.

Basically became a shut-in.

Champs' way

At home because the cinema rarely plays a movie im interested in. Also I don't have to deal with noisy audience members

Cinema as a social event with friends, for new movies.
Home for movies I actually want to see

How do you remake a bio pic and change all the genders when the real people were male?

what did xyr mean by this? that women can only make movies that have been only made by men already?

with a trans actor you fucking sexist

i'd acutally like to see female bill&ted

how do you remake Platoon with women when there were no female soldier in Vietnam

I'm so excited for Eli Roth's Death Wish to come out and absolutely purge the SJW's

you tell the story of the "rove you rong time" chicks.

Yeah, how awesome.
Roth is garbage- as if it has to be said- and to expect anything of him is just stupid.

Knock Knock was kino

>le kino XD

>Roth is garbage
Then how was Knock Knock a masterpiece?

Check mate!

More like Knock Knock, It's Feminism, amirite?

What does /lbg/ think of this?

Uh, no?

Some tunes, /lbg/.

youtube.com/watch?v=CmALA8miQY8

youtube.com/watch?v=k1-TrAvp_xs

youtube.com/watch?v=2_p5QuhlBUk

I haven't seen it but von Sternberg rarely puts a foot wrong. I think the only films of his I've seen that I'm not overly fond of are Underworld and Dishonored, which was a little slow and I felt was a rehash of Morocco a better and more sensual film in a more interesting locale. What did you think of it?

Onibaba, Kuroneko, Ugetsu

Which one of these three should I watch /lbg/?

youtube.com/watch?v=slI6gvA8f1E

>QOOT: Do you prefer watching movies in the cinema or at home and why?

If I had a private cinema that allowed me to bring in my own food and played movies I was actually interested in watching, then I would totally pick cinema. But modern theaters are shit with shitty movies and shittier overpriced junk food.

When I get my own house, the first thing I'm going to do is turn one of my rooms into a private home theater. One of my teachers had an amazing home theater in their basement.

There are some local theaters that only have one screen and don't show traditional movies by my house. I like going there a lot.

>ching chong bing bong
speak english user, lol

>One of my teachers had an amazing home theater in their basement.

lmao everybody look at this guy who was molested

i too have pledged to have a cinema room when I get a house, it would be cool

Do you have your own home theater?

A few questions friends

Why do all the popular reviewers on this site just retell the films plot and then give their rating (maybe include things like "it looks nice")? Why are they they the ones that have the most followers? Who are actual intelligent people to follow?

>when I get a house
You live in the woods?

>Who are actual intelligent people to follow?
PUNQ!

/Altarwise is the most high iq user on the site

The Great Wall is actually a lot better than the reviews make it seem.

The battles are really well choreographed. it's practically a Chinese LOTR spinoff without all the Middle Earth bullshit.

Probably the best 3D experience I've had in years too.

On fire! Again with an OP for greater win on the crusade, yay!!

Also,
CURRENT THREAD!!: This is very, very, very( common people just couldn't understand, bro), but very, but very important!

lmao seriously why do even paid critics do this

Are these threads basically the /soc/ of Sup Forums?
Also why is everyone transgender in letterboxd?

This is the shitting street of Sup Forums

Kill yourself, piece of shit

Basically, as with other shit generals like /who/ or /got/. But here it's worse on the /soc/ side. Funnily enough, some of the most knowledgeable people about cinema can be found here one time or another, but most are just the usual tards from Sup Forums.

youtube.com/watch?v=t05G0983BcI

>wat does /lbg/ think of this hurr

Bernstein brings his A game, just as good as he was in Radioland Murders or Hello Again

Explain why you /lbg/ numale cucks hate John Wayne

Decades of cultural marxism brainwashing.

Whatever the man touches simply turns to gold.

>implying lefty cuck critics and academics don't love the Ford/Wayne pictures

CURRENT THREAD!!:

>Jerry Lewis isn't absolute cancer as both a director and performer.

why *do* the French love Jerry Lewis btw?

They have a taste for a certain kind of lowbrow humour. Look at their homegrown movies that are popular.

what are some movies with this tune?

no Amadeus

Tree of Light

not mozart's

>dat thumbnail

imdb.com/name/nm0003665/

jesus christ that matthew guy makes my blood boil. his passive aggressive comments are so fucking infuriating.

white men btfo

Nothing cuz I haven't seen it.
Maybe you should ask Amaranth.

I. Simon: confirmed poseur

>tfw actually getting triggered as I read this

>wat does /lbg/ think of this hurr

Tell me why Goldie Hawn and Jerry Lewis never did a collab

youtube.com/watch?v=mez8LZzA-tw

No

>expecting actual discussion on the internet
wew

that said, regardless if you agree with them or not, these people wouldn't articulately defend their opinion irl anyway

preferring Moonlight to Boyhood is a reasonable opinion btw; the real issue is the childish level of discourse on both sides of a topic that is par for the course on the internet

Yes.
But they pretty much writing things now just for attention and triggering of people tbqh

Bravo to your tastes, sir. That's quite the opinion.

You would like to check this out for oscar predictions:

>shilling his thread this bluntly
Well, this is already a shamelessly put shill thread itself

Thanks, Captain Obvious. What an absolutely worthless waste of a post!

why do these threads still exist

Why do you still come to these threads?

Some people have nothing better to do, I suppose. Not so long ago there was actually a space between a thread and the next, even a couple of days. Now, though, some retard(s) have the itch to make a new thread before autosage even hits

You felt Rules Don't Apply was better than The Aviator too?

>shitposting like a wild man and derailing threads without survivors
What a great feel it is

>reddit can't into Jerry kino