What do you think about this? The atmosphere created in this movie is next level...

What do you think about this? The atmosphere created in this movie is next level, so fucking scary never seen anything like IT before.

B

Literally pretty nice flick.

Stop hyping it up.

It was pretty good, great for a director's debut.

solid 7.5/8

Agree, but it should have been scarier in my opinion.

THERE WAS AT MOST 10 SECONDS OF WITCH FOOTAGE IN THIS FUCKING MOVIE
FUCK YOU
EAT SHIT

The Witch was a metaphor for virginity

Yes, but anyway. The atmosphere was very scary.

>THERE WAS AT MOST 10 SECONDS OF WITCH FOOTAGE IN THIS FUCKING MOVIE
Good. Less is more.

Need to rewatch. I liked it but it didn't really stick with me.
One of the best American horror films of recent years though.

In a movie called "THE WITCH"?
No. This is false fucking advertising.
Should've been called "A family of creepy morons in the woods that got fucked up by a goat".

It was ok. It got shilled to fuck here when it first came out which sucked, but the movie itself wasn't a shit.

>In a movie called "THE WITCH"?
Correct. The Witch is the main force driving the misfortune of the family. The movie's about her effect on the family as well as Tomasina's conversion. They don't need to show her because her presence and influence is not physical.

Do you get disappointment when the title of a film doesn't exactly match the contents you fucking autist? Did you get dissapointed by the Taxi driver because it wasn't literally just about a guy who drove a taxi?

Kek. Now you say so, i agree the title is wrong. But does that make it a bad movie?

yes
Nothing fucking happened, except for some creepy pedo angles.
The movie sucked.

I just wanted to see a goddamn witch doing witchy shit.

What horror movies you like then?

Babadook was great
Evil Dead 1

Two great movies, i agree.

This is one of the few movies I let myself get hype as fuck for and it actually delivered. Wonderful kino.

not sure how you can like the babadook and dislike this, they are pretty similar, babadook was a way better horror though.

I thought it was pretty good.

Historical Period Horror
Kino af

I liked it. Should have been longer though

If somebody knows any more films like this, from this period in history, please let me know.

STOP FUCKING MEMEING THIS FUCKING MOVIE YOU FUCKING NIGGERS

I MARATONED THIS ENTIRE FUCKING PILE OF DOGSHIT CUZ OF YOU FUCKING MONKEYS CONSTANTLY SPEWING THIS FUCKING GARBAGE AROUND

NEVER HAVE I BEEN SO FUCKING BORED

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCK YOU ALL

kys

>I MARATONED THIS ENTIRE FUCKING PILE OF DOGSHIT CUZ OF YOU FUCKING MONKEYS CONSTANTLY SPEWING THIS FUCKING GARBAGE AROUND
That sucks for you, especially considering that the extreme majority of those posts were about wanting to fuck the underage female protagonist. You're mad because you can't read.

>underage
she fucking born in 1996 you fucking absolute mong

>1996 was unironically twenty years ago
Just kill me now

The character was underage, that's why I said protagonist and not actress. When someone says "learn to read," you aren't shutting them down by not reading.

Also, >she fucking born

I don't think it's a horror. It's more of historical movie.

9/10 from me. The ending was top notch.

Almost everything in this movie was witchy shit.

>see this posted all the time on Sup Forums
>go check out reviews on other sites
>look at imdb page
>scroll down to read people's comments
>oh that's right imdb comments no longer exist as of 5 hours ago

Sacrificing children for spells and making pacts with devils and covenants is witchy.

Almost whole movie I thought the witch doesn't exist and they are all stoned on some wood herbs or something.

That would have been an interesting twist, if there weren't scenes that directly contradicted that.

Technically the witch is the main character :^)

I was surprised that they have showed the witch so early in the movie, I thought it's some metaphorical shit, or hallucination.

Also remember that they talk about plague that kills their crop. This is one explanation of the Salem thing, people ate bread made from grain infected by fungus.

You're a retard user.
The babadook was fucking boring and not scary at all.
Atleast the witch was like a nice historical movie.

The main thing I like about this movie is that there isn't any of that "it was only a dream" or "they imagined it" retardation. No, it was real; there really is a Satan and witches and so forth. That took balls.

>The babadook was fucking boring and not scary at all.
two wrongs don't make a right.

Yes. If they went with the route I was talking about it would be quite disappointing.

The Company of Wolves

>The Witch is the main force driving the misfortune of the family.
No, the family drives most of the families misfortune.

Leave atmospherekino to me

Pretty sure it steals the baby in like the first 5 minutes mate, everything spirals downwards from there

Because the devil, witches, and supernatural horrors were real things to the pilgrims.

The fact is that the family self destructed on its own because of their own weaknesses. The witch steals the baby in the beginning, the devil shows up at the end, and aside from Caleb in the woods, there are very few supernatural elements in the movie.

it was pretty good, but also quite shit at the same time

fuck off

I was expecting it to be about how pilgrims were backwards religious freaks, I was pleasantly surprised that it actually portrayed the characters sympathetically

The father's douchebaggery had already een them exiled from town, so the downward spiral was beginning.
All of the tension in the family is created by the fathers pride, and lies.
It's about the idea that the devil doesn't have a hard job, we're evil and disposed to sin by default. He is just there to pick up the survivor. The one who wasn't corrupted by sin.

I mean, that's nice and all but a witch still steals the baby and it turns out the devil was involved the whole time.

The Babadook was nice, I guess. Just like It Follows.
Both pale in comparison to The Witch though.
All can be enjoyed for their metaphorical content but as a horror film and as a film in general Thw Witch is far superior.

>comparing the babadook to that trash

Seeing both It Follows and The Withc in theaters in the same ~6 month was such a nice breath of fresh air after years of garbage. I've been a horror fan my entire life and have better taste than 90% of this board when it comes to horror and those two were some of the best of the last ten years no questions asked.

Babadook and It Follows were both mediocre.
Although I agree It Follows is worse because of the horrendous finale.

Thanks user sounds really fucking good

>that kid and his goonies-level of cheesy contraptions.

yes, and?

Whats so good about It follows?

Mostly the concept. Very original monster.
Soundtrack is also very good.
Main characters are mostly likable.
Some frightening psychological moments.
The ending.

Still, too many shitty jumpscares, the absolutely horrendous finale and silly moments throughout like the monster standing on a roof as they drive away keep it from being an actual good horror film.
What's so good about It Follows is mostly the movie it could have been plus the fact that mainstream horror in the years prior had gone stale so it at least seemed good in comparison.
One could say that It Follows and The Babadook, however flawed they may be, at least foreshadowed the resurgence of original and engaging horror films in 2016.

I didnt like it, i think I should rewatch it.

I didn't like it that much either. I also didn't like The Babadook. The first half was good but the second half dropped the ball.

It Follows, from what I have read is meant to be a reference to STDs. It was alright.

The best part is the end, when that guy shoots their friend in the leg by accident.

>It Follows, from what I have read is meant to be a reference to STDs
Don't believe everything you read on the net, it is fliied with stupid people.

>the devil was involved the whole time.
The devil was just a bystander for the majority of the movie.
These people were Calvinist, they believed in predestination. You were counted among the saved or the damned at your birth. If you weren't one of the saved then regardless of your actions over your life you were still damned.
The devil didn't need to do anything but wait.

>marathoned a movie
does this mean you watched the entire movie in one sitting? hardcore

I personally never understood the hype behind It Follows. Everyone goes on and on about how original the monster is but it just seemed like any other shitty ghost, it just spreads like an STD for no real reason. The concept of it spreading like an STD you'd think would be used for some kind of satire on 80s horror or some sort of social commentary but it isn't, it's just sort of there. The only scenes I remember are when the ghost dude was standing on the roof (which was pretty spooky) and the scene where they are trying to kill it in a swimming pool (which was terrible and cheesy).

Notable Post-2010 Horror Rankings:
The VVitch>>>>>The Babadook>It Follows
Babadook would've been great if they never actually showed the monster and you just had to go by the drawings in the book and the creepy shit she sees on the T.V and if it didn't have such an awful, retarded ending.

>bad shit happens to good people and the villains get away with it: the movie

Totally agree with this

Agreed except for everything about the Babadook.
The monster looked great and the movie wouldn't have made sense without the ending. I still think it's pretty mediocre though.

>bad shit happens to good people
aka horror